• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings M×M Multiple Settings

Villainous Things

Brandy and vengeance and everything pain-laced.
Hey there! I'm looking for a roleplay partner today after having fell off the roleplay scene for a bit. I have a few plot ideas that I'll list down below, some more thought out than others, but I'm open to making them into our own! So nothing is really set in stone with me. I'm also open to hearing your plots as well, I enjoy all genres, really! Though romance is something I'm always open to incorporate, I love world building, plot, and creating characters, too! So I would prefer something plot heavy with romance naturally occurring or staying completely platonic. Despite a pandemic going on, I'm in school, have a job, and struggle with mental illness; so I can't say I'm the partner for you if you enjoy rapid fire responses. I try to make sure I get one solid response out every week at the most, but would say I average responding every other day, as I try to stay in a multi paragraph format. With all that out of the way, onto the plots!

Codes: NTO= not thought out/TO= thought out/PR: Preferred role

[Weirdcore/dreamcore/dark academia/steampunk] [Heavily based off the musical Newsies!] "Extra, Extra!"; TO; PR: newsie: This here is story based within a vintage timeline, while historically accurate, the late 1800s would be a more proper setting, I've altered it to be an alternate universe with it being set in the late 1910s and early 1920s. This would primarily follow two separate walks of life at the time; a newsie who works a laborious job all the while being orphaned (this is the character I'd like to play), and the child of the owner of the cities printing company. While all the press cares of is getting a profit and a good story, the treatment given to the newsies is overlooked, until by a chance meeting these two youths stumble upon each other, and begin an adventure of realization and friendship. I'm open to this having fantasy elements as well, and would absolutely love to include those as well as spend a bit world building! That being said, if you're wanting to stick with a more vintage and historic timeline, I'm also more than okay with that! This story will mostly contain a coming of age theme, possible fantasy elements, angst, highlights of the newsies revolt, and much more!

[Weirdcore/dark academia/dreamcore/horrorcore:] "Remembrance"; NTO; TW: Mental illness; PR: asylum patient:
Despite it being not quite legal, a thrill seeker breaks into the abandoned shell of an old 1930s insane asylum. During their visit, they time travel back and meet a patient (this is who I'd like to play). The patient beliefs them to be a hallucination, while the traveler thinks the patient is a ghost. The longer they stay, the more they uncover the controversial treatment methods of the hospital and the sinister secrets it holds. Trapped in the room, the patient helps in hiding the traveler from the staff by forming an agreement that the traveler will help them break out.

[Dreamcore/Weirdcore] "I Thought You Were Gone for Good"; NTO; PR: imaginary friend: Politician begins to meet their imaginary friend later in life. They're a bad influence and continually attempt to sway the politician into making rash and immature decisions.

[Vintage/steampunk/horrorcore/dark academia/noir] "Detective for hire"; NTO; PR: Landlord: Ingenious a good word to describe this private eye, they have a streak of solved cases that no one can beat, yet not a lot of business coming to their run down office, doubling as their apartment. They're looking for their breakthrough, and also something of interest that differed from the lost dogs and cheating partners they're normally stuck dealing with: so when a gruesome case comes their way that the local police has already closed, but the man looking to hire them believes their conclusion wrong, they're willing to take the lesser payment offered.

Here's a bit about me!

~Me~

° I got dogs! And, most likely, I will send you pictures if they do anything cute. Fair warning!

°My preferred pronouns are he/they, and I'm a nineteen year old male. I refer to
most people as dude, bro, etc, because I've got a nasty case of Dumb Jock Energy© but if you would prefer pronouns that differ from such or would be offended by such names linked to more masculine pronouns, please let me know! It may take a moment for me to adjust in OOC chat, and I mean no disrespect by it, but I'll try my hardest to refrain as swiftly as possible!

° I am a pretty upbeat person, I use a ton of exclamation points!

° My favorite food is mac 'n' cheese with ketchup though I literally adore anything spicy.

° I have Celiac, so if you're gluten free at all, I'm happy to chat about that and share foods/recipes!

° Most importantly of all, I do this to make friends as much as I do it to write. I love OOC chat and fanboying over roleplays!!

~Me as a writer~

° I've been doing this (role-playing) for close to a year now, so I'm not the best. But, I feel my writing is really starting to develop!

° I strongly prefer private servers to PM roleplays.

°I'm currently studying to be a medical examiner, so darker themes [within the our set rules] are something I'm comfortable writing. However, if you'd rather those not be utilized, please let me know! I can restrain.

° My writing style is nothing like my talking style. I'm quite somber at times, and I'm far less cringy!

°1000000% ghost friendly! It happens to us all! I always appreciate a message first, but that isn't needed! I do check in after about a week or so just to make sure everything is okay, I tend to worry a lot, especially so in a time like this, about my partners, but you don't need to even give a reason if you want to drop a roleplay!

°I have absolutely so issue picking up side characters or minor characters; I actually really like it! However, when it comes to doubling, I can't do it. I'm super sorry because I know it does suck when it's a Canon×OC situation but the two separate storylines just really overwhelms and stresses me out and that ruins the enjoyment of the roleplay on my part.

° I'm currently in IOP and school, so my replies can be a bit infrequent. I do however respond every other day on average, and will let you know if it will take longer than four days!

° I really, really prefer OC charts and plotting before jumping into a roleplay!

Now for my boring old rules, there's only a few!

° I do not write under aged characters in any romantic setting and strongly prefer keeping all characters 18+

° I prefer responses that are five to seven lines long at least, that being said, as long as you're putting in effort, and aren't sending one liners, I'll be fine.

° If you're wanting to include a touchy, trigger warning worthy subject, please run it by me first! And, if I decline its use, please respect that. I'll do the same. I have very few triggers, but sometimes certain subjects I just can't handle mentally that day, and if it wasn't preplanned out, something unexpected like that just isn't very fun in my opinion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back