• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Multiple non-romance plots (fantasy, modern, sci fi, etc)

mocchii

not the REAL nerevarine
To be clear: non-romance means the plot is not intended to be romantic, nor are the main characters necessarily destined to end up together from the beginning. This doesn't mean I won't accept romantic subplots between minor characters, or let romance happen naturally, and most plots can be changed to something romantically bent if you would like, but that has to be settled over messages. FxF is the only romance I will consider for these.

Plots are separated by plot-centric, character-centric, fandom, and then some rough ideas if NONE of the others appeal. I'm always happy, and actually prefer, if you wish to mix up plots a bit, give suggestions, what have you. Working together to create a story is what I'm looking for here!

I can't handle too many rps at once and I have an unpredictable schedule, so it's kind of first come first serve, but it'll also depend on what you want out of the rp as to whether I decide to take it up or not. :) it's all very chill though, I don't usually mind anything.

(Bolded roles are roles I would prefer to take if possible)

ALL of these are open to change and debate and if any tickle your fancy but I can't take it up for whatever reason feel free to just roll with them yourself.
  • Muse A is a retainer/ bodyguard for Muse B, a lesser royal or heir. Due to their rebellious streak, or bad luck, or any other such force, both muses are now undercover as ordinary civilians out in the countryside, for originally innocent purposes, but are now accidentally caught up in a rebellion against the very royal family itself! (Setting for this one can be anything from historical realism to high fantasy to modern political thriller, with slight adjustments)

• Muse/s are part of a local orchestra/wind band, one which is aiming to become national champions. They have a long way to go, mostly because the old conductor recently passed away, the new conductor can't control any of the percussion section properly, and our two muses are well known for being bitter rivals who refuse to share a solo, for whatever reason. (This one can be romantic or have twinges of romance if necessary, and playing multiple characters well would be necessary to build up lots of drama between band members)

• Muses A and B are dragon and dragonrider, respectively. The bond between a dragon and it's rider is one which transcends the strongest platonic relationship, and perhaps even 'self' itself. In this universe, dragons can take on a more humanoid guise in order to blend in with their human brethren a little better, whilst many humans are capable of psychic 'magics'. Dragons and riders are known to share their own abilities and weaknesses through their bond, and serve as both powerful warriors and mediators between the species. (This setting has a lot more detail which I will explain through pm, if you wish)

These are pre existing ocs I have which I am willing to rp in any number of plots; anything here is just a suggestion.
  • Saori Mitchell -- small and somewhat unassuming, half-Japanese college student, 19 years old. Soft, dreamy, an over thinker when it comes to her relationship with others. She's not as selfless as she likes to think she is, and is plagued by indecision when put under pressure. More importantly, she's also a ten foot tall giant robot - whether this is an alternate form due to some alien technologies, or the result of an experiment, or a permanent form with her brain uploaded as an AI is up to you to discuss over pm.

• "Elite" -- actual name Eri Fourth-seal, an illegal and undercover blood Mage fugitive who ran away from her home in the Academy and won't go back for fear of execution. She's tough as nails, incredibly gifted at magic and swordplay, but tends to fight too aggressively with little concern for her own injuries or those of innocent bystanders. As she's never been outside the walls of the Citadel before, meeting a 'normal' person woul be a good culture shock for her, as well as possibly instilling a sense of morality in her.

• Mako -- a sharp-toothed and sharp-tongued punk girl, possibly also a shark girl if that's your thing, who's a little rough around the edges and enjoys a good brawl, with fists or with words. Regardless of what setting or plot she's put in, she's very family orientated, considering her 'gang' as her family and protecting them just as much as she scares them.

• Hiroko Ishii -- originally a BNHA oc just to join the bandwagon, but now she's a more generic superhero style character. Her 'quirk' or power is "Stone Skin"; her outer dermal layer is comprised of a tough stoney texture which continues to grow even once it's all chipped away. She's tall, but gentle, with a chivalrous or handsome air about her. Saving civilians is always her top priority.

• Gregori Dundare -- a dnd character I never ended up using, thus best for a dnd-esque fantasy world. A middle aged human farmer turned adventurer-mage after his kids left home and his husband died, he picked up basic magic and wants to be an adventurer like his estranged eldest son. Also, he probably wants to help out young adventurers with his wisdom and strength from toiling on the farms for many years.

• The Postman -- I have yet to give them a name but they are almost a joke character. In a world infested with monsters and environmental dangers, how are you going to keep up with the latest news? The Postman, of course! It's a promise that, no matter when or where your parcel is being delivered, The Postman will get it there within three days flat! They take their job very seriously, using secret techniques passed down for generations in their family, and pure determination, to get you your mail on time. No place is ever too dangerous, no destination too far!

Unless otherwise specified with a (*), I would much much rather just play with original characters in the sandbox of that particular setting.

• Zelda (BOTW makes the best sandbox but I'm at least familiar with most every zelda)*
  • Transformers, specifically the IDW universe, especially either on earth or pre-war Cybertron, though making things up for the other colonies could be fun. (Knowledge of TF not necessary)
  • Morrowind (I'm not so familiar nor do I care about the other elder scrolls series)
  • Love live! or Love Live Sunshine** (I'm only comfortable with some canon characters, pm for more details)
  • Dungeons And Dragons And Other Fantasy Roleplaying Games
  • Avatar the last airbender / Legend of Korra
  • RWBY (I haven't watched last season 3 and frankly don't care for the plot of any of it but the universe as a sandbox is quite fun if we make it up)
  • Kagerou Project* (I haven't touched this in a while but I'm still quite familiar with the concept and the main characters)

I don't have anything in mind but these are sorts of rps I enjoy doing if that helps for any of the above or as a stand alone small rp.
  • MONSTERS especially monster and human relationships, or humans turning into monsters and having to deal with that
  • Anything Big x Small or with an adoptive parental twist
  • Anything with one or more robots involved, especially highlighting the gap (or lack thereof) between robots and humanity
  • Secret societies who work without the knowledge of humans
  • Demon Summoning Gone Wrong, or gone Horribly Right
  • Healthy supportive and strictly platonic MxF relationships

Last edited:
I am very interested in your dragon and dragonrider role-play!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back