• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy MTG set making RP

Idea said:
RP will start in about an hour. I hope everyone has seen the new rule I put up yesterday?
Almost forgot! Wanted to ask something about that rule. Is it EVERYONE with a name? Or just significant people with names, non-legendary creatures sometimes have names in flavor texts, I presume this is for legendary creatures right? Everyone with a name might get a bit awkward for me.

pbtenchi said:
Almost forgot! Wanted to ask something about that rule. Is it EVERYONE with a name? Or just significant people with names, non-legendary creatures sometimes have names in flavor texts, I presume this is for legendary creatures right? Everyone with a name might get a bit awkward for me.
Everyone given a name. That means, if they have a name but we never learn it, you don´t need a pic unless they meet one of the other conditions.

However, if we ARE given their name, even if they are not important, it is necessary.

okay I edited my CS take a look, And are we all entering into the same area (The City),Or Different lands and such?

Last edited by a moderator:
NatetheGreat9 said:
okay I edited my CS take a look, And are we all entering into the same area (The City),Or Different lands and such?
everyone is entering their own lands. Speaking of which, please make yours.

[QUOTE="The Departure]Have to hold off my official joining for a little, I'm really busy...

[/QUOTE]
does that mean you]re pulling out?

pbtenchi said:
@Idea Question, what is the planes Afterlife/Dead lands/Underworld like? The Dead King will probably take a look around there first.
for reasons that will later be explained, the underworld can´t be accessed by any living (or unliving) being, even planeswalkers.

Idea said:
for reasons that will later be explained, the underworld can´t be accessed by any living (or unliving) being, even planeswalkers.
Well that sucks. Well, their goes just about everything I had planned. I think the Dead King just dies because he simultaneously exists in the afterlife and overworld and that would pretty much sever his bonds to the overworld.

Pretty sure planeswalkers keep a connection to the worlds they visited. Otherwise how could they use another planes' magic and summon foreign creatures?

LeviathanL said:
Pretty sure planeswalkers keep a connection to the worlds they visited. Otherwise how could they use another planes' magic and summon foreign creatures?
for now, there won´t be any summoning from other planes. There is an IC reason (they are yet to connect with the plane´s mana, necessary to cast spells), and an OOC reason (the point of a large part of this is to explore and show the plane itself, so that the set can be made)

pbtenchi said:
Well that sucks. Well, their goes just about everything I had planned. I think the Dead King just dies because he simultaneously exists in the afterlife and overworld and that would pretty much sever his bonds to the overworld.
could you explain that better?

Idea said:
could you explain that better?
He isn't a soul tethered to a corpse, he resides in the dead world pulling the strings of a corpse as it were, only the strings are more like his hands. If there is some sort of powerful barrier separating the afterlife and the world he's barred in the afterlife. My idea of necromancy is reaching into the afterlife and bringing back souls.

I was using it as an example of saying that a planeswalker is still connected to a plane he left. Your planeswalker is not from this plane's afterlife, he is from the dead world, where that is apparently possible. Ergo his body obeys the rules of the world he was created in. Though I'm assuming even if part of his soul is on another plane he can't simply pull out without planeswalking. So the subject is moot.

Short version: I think your guy can walk around however he likes, but he can't perform necromancy on the natives. If either of you can't work with that and don't have a better idea the rp is dead before it begun, so take it or leave it.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Idea, so basically, I can't use necromancy, and I can't summon from other planes, my character can't really do anything since he is all about undead. I think this rp isn't going to work out at all. Could you perhaps give us a full list of everything you have thought out? I know having secrets and revealing them at the perfect time is fun, but having secrets leads to trouble when characters want to do something and they don't know. We can keep our in character knowledge and irl knowledge separate you know.

pbtenchi said:
@Idea, so basically, I can't use necromancy, and I can't summon from other planes, my character can't really do anything since he is all about undead. I think this rp isn't going to work out at all. Could you perhaps give us a full list of everything you have thought out? I know having secrets and revealing them at the perfect time is fun, but having secrets leads to trouble when characters want to do something and they don't know. We can keep our in character knowledge and irl knowledge separate you know.
You seem to be mistaking something. I said you can't go to the underworld, that you can't access it. That doesn't imply you can't use necromancy. all it takes for that is a simple grave, nit even a graveyard. In fact, any dead thing should do...

pbtenchi said:
He isn't a soul tethered to a corpse, he resides in the dead world pulling the strings of a corpse as it were, only the strings are more like his hands. If there is some sort of powerful barrier separating the afterlife and the world he's barred in the afterlife. My idea of necromancy is reaching into the afterlife and bringing back souls.
Well, most undead (if not all) are, by definition, souless. Souls aren't brought back, corpses are just animated.

Idea said:
You seem to be mistaking something. I said you can't go to the underworld, that you can't access it. That doesn't imply you can't use necromancy. all it takes for that is a simple grave, nit even a graveyard. In fact, any dead thing should do...
That just doesn't do it for me. That's just animating a corpse, doesn't feel like REAL necromancy and what I based alot of my character on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back