• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy MTG set making RP

Idea said:
Well, most undead (if not all) are, by definition, souless. Souls aren't brought back, corpses are just animated.
Ya call that necromancy? Sounds more like golemancy to me. An undead isn't just a life given corpse, it's a dead soul returned. The reason zombies are normally mindless is their host didn't have enough will power to bring their mind back with them, the more powerful your will the more you can bring back from beyond. At least that's how I want necromancy to be. If you put your foot down and say no, I am probably just going to drop the rp, but I don't want to do that with all the thought I've put into my character, your choice.

pbtenchi said:
Ya call that necromancy? Sounds more like golemancy to me. An undead isn't just a life given corpse, it's a dead soul returned. The reason zombies are normally mindless is their host didn't have enough will power to bring their mind back with them, the more powerful your will the more you can bring back from beyond. At least that's how I want necromancy to be. If you put your foot down and say no, I am probably just going to drop the rp, but I don't want to do that with all the thought I've put into my character, your choice.
Very well, then I bid you farewell. I was actually considering if I should go back and change my mind about what I said, and if I should allow your vision of necromancy, but I]m set on a definitive no. While I recognize your attempts at contributing to, and bettering this RP, and your passion towards what you like, and even considering that criticism and diverging opinions are perfectly fine, I still cannot stand for childish blackmail.

You have a vision of necromancy you want to use- that´s ok

You want to impose it on the thread, despite having prior information that says it shouldn´t be that way- that´s not ok, but maybe we can think of how to reach a middle term or something.

You THREATEN me to let you use it- that´s unacceptable.

It´s a small problem or a nearly irrelevant matter as far as the RP was concerned. But I let this pass now, I will be letting the problem grow. I´m afraid you just buried your chances of getting it your way, so now, the ball´s on you: Accept it and adapt yourself, apologize and see if we can work it out some way, or leave.

Idea said:
Very well, then I bid you farewell. I was actually considering if I should go back and change my mind about what I said, and if I should allow your vision of necromancy, but I]m set on a definitive no. While I recognize your attempts at contributing to, and bettering this RP, and your passion towards what you like, and even considering that criticism and diverging opinions are perfectly fine, I still cannot stand for childish blackmail.
You have a vision of necromancy you want to use- that´s ok

You want to impose it on the thread, despite having prior information that says it shouldn´t be that way- that´s not ok, but maybe we can think of how to reach a middle term or something.

You THREATEN me to let you use it- that´s unacceptable.

It´s a small problem or a nearly irrelevant matter as far as the RP was concerned. But I let this pass now, I will be letting the problem grow. I´m afraid you just buried your chances of getting it your way, so now, the ball´s on you: Accept it and adapt yourself, apologize and see if we can work it out some way, or leave.
It wasn't meant to be blackmail, I am sorry. I will take my leave. I should have kept the considering dropping the rp to myself.

pbtenchi said:
It wasn't meant to be blackmail, I am sorry. I will take my leave. I should have kept the considering dropping the rp to myself.
considering dropping the RP isn´t an issue. If you are annoyed, upset or anything, you have the right to say so and even to leave the RP as you wish. What is blackmail is saying "do as I say or else..."

Idea said:
considering dropping the RP isn´t an issue. If you are annoyed, upset or anything, you have the right to say so and even to leave the RP as you wish. What is blackmail is saying "do as I say or else..."
I realize what I did was unforgivable and stupid. I haven't really been thinking straight really, I guess I've got a cold and I recently heard a friend of mine died. I am sorry for my actions.

pbtenchi said:
I realize what I did was unforgivable and stupid. I haven't really been thinking straight really, I guess I've got a cold and I recently heard a friend of mine died. I am sorry for my actions.
Worry not. Everyone has moments like that. I am sorry to hear about your friend, and I hope you get better soon.

[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]Interested but perhaps not qualified, I dont really know MtG overly well, I have only played it a couple times

[/QUOTE]
what do you know?

@Idea I've had a few decks in mah time! I'd be interested in the world/deck building aspects of this, will need a little recap of what's been going on or the general aim of the RP though.

SpiralErrant said:
@Idea I've had a few decks in mah time! I'd be interested in the world/deck building aspects of this, will need a little recap of what's been going on or the general aim of the RP though.
Excellent. So far, nothing´s really happened except for the start of character-making, and the votes to decide on some aspects of the plot and plane (beginning of the OOC section).

The general aim is to make an RP set in a new plane and our characters (planeswalkers) will arrive in it for the first time. The RP itself will serve as basis to make a custom MTG set using the magic set editor program.

Clear?

[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]I know the idea behind it (not you) and the rules etc. Wouldn't say I know a whole lot about the lore.

[/QUOTE]
I see. Well, knowledge of lore is unnecessary here, I´ll be watching over important details and the rest will not matter, since there will be nothing from the cannon here: All custom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back