👽 MONSTERS FROM THE STARS! 🚀[retro pulp-styled, sci-fi roleplay]

Murdergurl

will turn your insides into your outsides
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This RP Advertisement is best viewed in the Dark Theme.

• A Terrifying Tale of Creatures from Beyond our World!

Bulge-Eyed, Alien, Bounty-Hunters!

Secretive Men In Black!

Mind-Controlling Brain Slugs!

Reptilians In Disguise!

They are...

Monsters from the stars (1).png

Last edited:
Oh, this definitely has my interest.

If y'all have any questions or concerns over the details of the RP, please feel free to ask. :-)

I'm about to head off to work, but I'll be back online this afternoon to answer anything I can

I look forward to seeing some character sheet submissions from all you interested members. No rush, of course. Take your time and be thorough. And please ask me about the setting and parameters if you run into a snag in your character creation.

This has my interest! I think I’d love to create a teenager character, or even an older brother to one of the teens who also happened to be there, at the wrong time and the wrong place.

Sorry but i think imma back out here. Im really struggling to come up with a decent character. My initial idea was a soldier from vietnam who was reassigned after his first tour ended, but combatants are not playable. Tis my own fault for only skim reading the roles. However i like the cut of your jib. So i shall psudo-lurk in hopes of your next story idea snagging my attention.

Sorry but i think imma back out here. Im really struggling to come up with a decent character. My initial idea was a soldier from vietnam who was reassigned after his first tour ended, but combatants are not playable. Tis my own fault for only skim reading the roles. However i like the cut of your jib. So i shall psudo-lurk in hopes of your next story idea snagging my attention.
No problem at all. I appreciate your telling me, if nothing else. Better than just an ambiguous disappearance and me wondering if you're still in. I throw out ideas every now and again. always group oriented. Can't say when the next one will be, but I appreciate the looking out. :)

No problem at all. I appreciate your telling me, if nothing else. Better than just an ambiguous disappearance and me wondering if you're still in. I throw out ideas every now and again. always group oriented. Can't say when the next one will be, but I appreciate the looking out. :)
I understand that combatants are a no go, but what about pilots with combat experience? Helicopters were new in these years, and definitely be a vital tool in search and recovery operations, and good pilots are notorious for being hard to find.

I understand that combatants are a no go, but what about pilots with combat experience? Helicopters were new in these years, and definitely be a vital tool in search and recovery operations, and good pilots are notorious for being hard to find.
essentially what I'm trying to avoid as PCs are characters with too easy an access to powerful weapons, and with too easy an access around base. This, because it can easily undermine the plot.

I also have a particular hesitation against soldier-characters in general. This is because it inevitably winds up with someone submitting good ol'
Capt. Kill, the Skull-Crushing Commando as a character. By that, I mean some spec ops badass who has special weapons training and can kill anyone with their bare hands, etc. etc. Usually with some kind of insubordination issues that has him all over the lone-wolf and wild card tropes. Essentially some kind of overused cliche the equivalent of Duke Nuke 'Em meets Rambo. lmao

You give some people an inch, and they take out the platoon. So i just generally keep that door closed.

Last edited:
essentially what I'm trying to avoid as PCs are characters with too easy an access to powerful weapons, and with too easy an access around base. This, because it can easily undermine the plot.

I also have a particular hesitation against soldier-characters because it inevitably winds up with someone submitting Capt. Kill the Commando as a character. By that, I mean some spec ops badass who has special weapons training and can kill anyone with their bare hands, etc. etc. Usually with some kind of insubordination issues that has him all over the lone-wolf and wild card tropes. Essentially some kind of overused cliche the equivalent of Duke Nuke 'Em meets Rambo. lmao

You give some people an inch, and they take out the platoon. So i just generally keep that door closed.
And this is perfectly understandable. I'm wary of military characters outside of military-centric RP's myself. Even in, say, zombie apocalypse RP's I'm not a fan of them. They are too easily written to be overpowered and that does take the fun out of a group of survivors trying to survive in the post-apocalyptic wasteland.

That being said, I'm likely making some high school kid, maybe one who already is into conspiracy theories about aliens and such. Seems the most fun for this particular plot.

And this is perfectly understandable. I'm wary of military characters outside of military-centric RP's myself. Even in, say, zombie apocalypse RP's I'm not a fan of them. They are too easily written to be overpowered and that does take the fun out of a group of survivors trying to survive in the post-apocalyptic wasteland.
omggggg... yeah, soldier peeps in post apoc settings are such a tired trope (imo)

That being said, I'm likely making some high school kid, maybe one who already is into conspiracy theories about aliens and such. Seems the most fun for this particular plot.

Sounds great! That actually helps to have someone that would already be in on a lot of the theories. Or even have some misguided ideas about certain aliens, etc. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. And dont worry about making up some super immersive backstory. You dont need to go crazy with it.

I also have a particular hesitation against soldier-characters in general. This is because it inevitably winds up with someone submitting good ol'
Capt. Kill, the Skull-Crushing Commando as a character. By that, I mean some spec ops badass who has special weapons training and can kill anyone with their bare hands, etc. etc. Usually with some kind of insubordination issues that has him all over the lone-wolf and wild card tropes. Essentially some kind of overused cliche the equivalent of Duke Nuke 'Em meets Rambo. lmao

I get that. I usually try to debuff my characters, and even when I make a Captain Jake Murderstab, I don't have them play as over the top murder hobos. There is almost always a dark story behind it, etc etc. But if we are avoiding 'Nam, then I'll haveta drop the ball, sorry

I get that. I usually try to debuff my characters, and even when I make a Captain Jake Murderstab, I don't have them play as over the top murder hobos. There is almost always a dark story behind it, etc etc. But if we are avoiding 'Nam, then I'll haveta drop the ball, sorry
no worries. Hope you find something more to your liking. But yeah, thats why the description under the Army Personnel outlines specifically scientists and researchers.

This RP is now closed for lack of activity.

Users who are viewing this thread