• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy — 𝒎𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕'𝒔 𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 ; 𝑐𝘩𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠.

OOC
Here
Other
Here

low fidelity

𝗆𝗈𝗏𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘶𝘴

• moment's silence

"when stunted hand earns place with man by mere monstrosity, alarms are struck and shore is shook by sheer atrocity."

♡design by low fidelity, coded by uxie♡

MOMENT'S SILENCE ;
"when stunted hand earns place with man by mere monstrosity,
alarms are struck and shore is shook by sheer atrocity."

INTRODUCTION ;

The small town of St. Helena was nestled deep into the Pacific Northwest of the United States, barely a dot on the map amidst the rainy deciduous forests and bordering a nearby Native reservation. The PNW was known for it's near constant overcast weather, rained on by thunderstorms and chilled with bitter winters. St. Helena was a town meant to be driven through, nothing worth stopping for except gas and a hot diner meal. With a population barely reaching 3,000 people, the biggest appeal was a nearby drizzly beach, a movie theater, and a decent high school. Life should have been idyllic and normal, until a string of gruesome murders happened within a month, leaving the town in shock and dismay.

The killings made national news; the people of St. Helena couldn't wrap their heads around the sudden deaths, and even moreso on how they died. After the discovery of the first body, people theorized it had been a freak bear attack, something quite uncommon but not entirely unheard of. But only eight days later came the next body, and then the next, and then the next. Six people dead in four weeks. The police were left scratching their heads until the FBI arrived, and the townsfolk ran to hide indoors and lock their homes, praying for safety.

Far off away in college, creating new lives for themselves, six different college students all receive news of what has happened back home. Whether it be a parent, an uncle, a sibling, each one was affected by the murders. Once a close group of friends who went through high school together, many of them lost contact or separated as their first year of college kept them busy. But now, they're back home and ready to team up to investigate the weird happenings in St. Helena.

Hello and welcome to my quaint little interest check! My name is Venus, and if you couldn't tell already, this is a "small town with vampires and werewolves and mysteries galore" plot that is heavily inspired by the Twilight saga. I've recently rewatched all of the movies (they're on Hulu in the U.S. now!) and really wanted to enjoy this nostalgia trip by creating a group roleplay.

This roleplay will focus on a group of six college students, all hailing from St. Helena, whose families were affected by the murders. Perhaps some of them are already involved in the supernatural side of town, others will be making new discoveries, and drama will be plentiful. I've kept the plot a bit less detailed because, once members are accepted, I'd love for this to be more collaborative with us all being able to decide plot points and the direction together!

If this piques your curiosity, please be sure to read the rules and express your interest down below!

RULES ;

— 01. Of course, please follow all RPN rules. Drama, bullying, or bigotry of any kind will not be tolerated, I always intend for my group roleplays to be safe spaces to all. As I've said before, this is heavily inspired by the Twilight series. Similar to the source material, this roleplay will include themes of heavy violence and murder. Trigger warnings will be enforced. Please be 16+ if you'd like to join.

— 02. Please know that literacy is a must. This will be what most would consider a "literate to advanced" roleplay, where I expect good grammar, literacy, engaging writing, and 400+ word count multi-paragraph replies. I won't be meticulously counting your replies words, but I do hope to see fun detailed writing. No one liners.

— 03. The world has gone a bit crazy as of late, so I understand that not everybody can be on daily. Once the roleplay has started, please be able to post once or twice a week, but also keep in mind I'd really like folks who are happy to chat OOC and contribute to plot discussions and such!

— 04. This is not first come first served! If enough interest is garnered, there will be an application process, and once applications close I'll be considering which characters will fit best for this plot. Real FCs only, please and thanks.

— 05. Please know that a Discord server will be made once the cast is chosen. Personally, I find it really great to have a server for easy OOC chatting and convenient plotting. Be aware of this if you’re interested in joining!

LORE & MORE ;

St. Helena, Washington, USA — A small dreary town with a population of 3,014 people, it is nestled deep in the Pacific Northwest in the United States. The town is quaint and homey, with one elementary school, middle school, and a high school for its residents, as well as a local library, tourism centers for folks interested in hiking the forest trails and mountain ranges, and a relatively new movie theater. The town is also located near the Quileute Reservation, a Native American reservation that spans over La Push, Washington.

Vampires — Referred to by the Quileute tribe as Cold Ones, vampires are immortal beings who must feed on the blood of humans or animals to survive. They possess otherworldly abilities that set them apart from normal humans, such as enhanced senses, incredible strength, and great speed to hunt their prey with. Not only that, but many vampires develop gifts as well, a superpower unique to their person, such as telepathy or elemental manipulation. Unlike the typical folk stories, vampires are able to survive in sunlight, but a telltale feature is their skin sparkles brilliantly in sunlight. The only way to kill a vampire is to dismember their body and burn their remains; all other methods of hurting or killing a regular human simply will not work.

Werewolves — Also known as shapeshifters and Children of the Moon, the werewolves of St. Helena are human beings that at night and the fullest phase of the moon transform into fearsome feral wolf-like creatures. They are descended from the Quileute tribe, a rare gene passed on throughout its families. Werewolves can be of any gender, though undergo their transformation at as soon as fifteen years old. In their animal form, werewolves have heightened strength and speed that make them both deadly and difficult to kill; contrary to legend, these werewolves cannot be killed with a silver bullet, nor does silver repel them. Similar to vampires, new werewolves can be created through biting their victims.

CHARACTER SHEET ;

Here is the character sheet, please remove the parenthesis and fill out each section! If you are applying with multiple characters, your first character must be one of the six college students coming back home to St. Helena. If there's a lot of interest, I might open more roles. If you will be making a werewolf character, please know that the werewolves in St. Helena are from the Quileute tribe, and therefore will be Native American. Please make sure to use Native face claims accordingly, and if you have trouble finding one, I'm happy to help.

Another note: if you are writing about a culture/mythology you are unfamiliar with, please make sure to do your proper research as to avoid stereotypes! Don't hesitate to shoot me a PM if you have any questions at all, I'm happy to help.

— DOSSIER.
name:
nicknames: ( optional. )
age: ( if your character is a vampire, put down how old they appear to be. )
date of birth:
place of birth:
race/ethnicity:

— VISAGE.
hair:
eyes:
skin: (color, texture, etc.)
height:
weight:
distinguishing features: ( what makes your character stand out? )
wardrobe: ( optional. )
face claim:

— PERSONA.
personality: ( at least 3-4 sentences. )
positive traits (4+):
negative traits (4+):
fears:
ailments:
vibes: ( 100% optional, but if you'd like, vibe check your character for us! jokey memes and such that tell us a bit more about the overall vibes for them. )

— SPECIES.
( for this section, if you're character is a vampire, then fill out questions pertaining to vampires and delete the werewolf ones, and vice versa. if your character is human, delete this section. )

species: ( vampire or werewolf? )

power: ( applicable for vampires. what is your character's gift? )
true age: ( how old your vampire truly is. )
extra: ( when was your character turned? what was their life like? extra details go here. )

pack rank: ( where does your werewolf lie in the pack's hierarchy? alpha, beta, etc. )
second form: ( what is the appearance of your character's wolf form? fur color, eyes, etc. )
extra: ( when did they first phase? extra details go here. )

— INTERVIEW.
( a quick in-character interview of your character about the murders in St. Helena. at least 1-2 sentence answers. )
were you born and raised in st. helena?
how long has it been since you've been home?
where do you currently live?
did your [deceased family member] have any enemies?
who are you staying with?

宋莉秦

• Katrina Cortez

the soccer player.

nickname.

"kat" or "katty"

age.

twenty years old

gender.

cis female

sexuality.

bisexual

d.o.b.

june 1st, 2000

p.o.b.

st. helena

race.

black & puerto rican

hair.

Curly brown hair, quite unruly, and usually cut short around her shoulders. Often tied back or into short pigtails.

eyes.

Round and dark brown, with thick lashes.

skin.

Golden brown with plenty of freckles, a surprising feat given the fact that St. Helena rarely gets much sun.

height.

5'7".

weight.

129 lbs.

body type.

Katrina is tall and long limbed, with lots of lean muscle. She's very athletic and keeps her body in good shape, excersising often and eating a good diet. She takes care of herself as much as she can.

feats.

Lots of freckles, dimples when she smiles.

wardrobe.

Sports goth for life.

face claim.

Tashi Rodriguez.

♡design by triples, coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

theo.

placeholder.
code by low fidelity.

Last edited:

jeanine.angel
garden kisses.

1,729 likes
jeanine.angel

I might get a ticket tonight / Trying to make it to your crib / I might even lose my license / The way I'm driving baby
View all 38 comments
jeanine.angel placeholder.
April 14th
code by low fidelity.

"HOW YOU BEEN?", "HOW YOU DOING?" YOU BEEN GOOD, I BEEN DRINKING WAY TOO MUCH. YOU THINK THAT I'D BE OVER YOU, OVER YOU, OVER YOU. (EIGHT CALLS, ALL YOU) BUT I THINK ABOUT IT EVERY DAY, YEAH. YEAH, I NEVER MISSED HER ANYWAYS. YES, I NEVER MISSED HER ANYWAYS. DRANK TOO MUCH, GOT THE SICKNESS. PRAY TO GOD AND HIS SON FOR FORGIVENESS. SAME CREW BUT ANOTHER MISTRESS. EVERYNIGHT GETTING WASTED. BUT I MISS YOU, WHAT DID I DO? FUCK IT UP, LAUGH IT OFF AND I LOST YOU. IF I PULL THROUGH, IS IT TOO SOON? TURN IT UP, CLOSE MY EYES WHEN I'M WITH YOU.

• D O S I E R —

full Name:
    jeanine angel campos.

zodiac: aries.

sexuality: bisexual.

place of birth: seattle, washington.

race/ethnicity: filipino-american.

V I S A G E —

hair:
    jeanine has straight, long dark brown/black hair that hit the middle of her back. it is often parted in the middle, worn plainly and tucked behind her ears.

eyes: jeanine's eyes are a dark brown, but look like golden pots of honey when the light hits it.

skin: jeanine's skin tone is a light golden color and is blemish free; it is soft with a glow from within.

height: jeanine stands at 5'5"/165 cm.

weight: jeanine is 117 lbs/53 kg, her figure is petite and athletic.

distinguishing features: jeanine has several tattoos: one on the side of her right ring finger that says "love" and one on her right wrist, this one is a flower. as for moles, jeanine has a small one on the right side of her face, just next to the bridge of her nose.

wardrobe: laugh. it. off.

JEANINE

code by low fidelity.

Last edited by a moderator:
dancing
in the rain
  • burn
    up with the water
    the floods were on the plains
    the planets in rows
    who knows what they contain
code by valen t.

Last edited:

cooper dean

the flower child next-door

dossier:

name: cooper angelica dean
nicknames: coop
sexuality: heterosexual biromantic
date of birth: december 3rd
place of birth: st. helena, washington
race/ethnicity: caucasian

visage:

hair: light brown -- nearly blonde; reaches down to the middle of her back
eyes: the definition of doe eyes -- big, brown, and framed with thick eyelashes
skin: a smooth, fair complexion that's generally free of any kind of blemishes
height: 5'9"
weight: 130 lbs
distinguishing features: plump lips, thick eyebrows
wardrobe: what cooper would like to wear and the clothes that she actually puts on each day are two very different things. she may have pinterest boards full of shin-length floral dresses, but she is much more likely to be found in a well-worn t-shirt and a pair of overalls with grass-stained knees.
face claim: kaia gerber

persona:

personality: cooper is the definition of a free spirit. she values independence, but not in the way that most people her age do. it's not that she doesn't like authority or being told what to do. she simply enjoys having the freedom to make her own decisions and be in control of her circumstances. she has a sort of innocent, otherworldly essence to her being -- she'd rather frolic through a meadow or roll down a grassy hill than drink herself into oblivion at a college rager. ever the optimist and hopeless romantic, cooper can find the good in anyone, even when there is none. she sometimes misses the red flags for the rose-colored lenses through which she sees the world, meaning she often unknowingly keeps bad company. even if someone were to warn her, though, she wouldn't listen; once she's befriended someone, she's loyal to the end. she would never abandon someone, even if would benefit her to do so.
positive traits: adventurous, carefree, creative, free-spirited, kind, laidback, optimistic, passionate
negative traits: forgetful, impulsive, irresponsible, loyal to a fault, messy, naïve, overly trusting, restless
fears: losing her friends, tight spaces
ailments: adhd
vibes:
1604528014148.png
1604528292018.png
1604529244804.png
1604529352849.png
1604529820327.png

interview:

were you born and raised in st. helena?: "yeah. to be honest, i never thought i'd get out. i'm glad i did, though. i'd been there for way too long. it was time to move on with my life."

how long has it been since you've been home?: "a year and a half, i think. maybe not quite that long. time's weird."

where do you currently live?: "the wide-open spaces of lakewood, colorado. it's kind of in the middle of nowhere, but that's why i like it."

did your brother have any enemies?: "not that i know of. i mean, i haven't seen him in a year, and he could be argumentative sometimes, but that's not a reason for someone to kill him, right?"

who are you staying with?: "my parents, of course. it's nice to see them again, though i wish it were under different circumstances."

Leila Casey-Jasmine
"eleutheromania - irresistible desire for freedom"

Leila Casey-Jasmine
"let my spirit fly"
Leila Casey-Jasmine
"maybe i can never fly"
code by low fidelity.

• ..........."i just wanna...

............be free!"
    name
    leila casey-jasmine kit.

nickname
    commonly just "leila" or "lei". her brother tends to call her "casey". throughout school she was referred to as "kit" or "hippie".

sexuality
    bisexual biromantic.

date of birth
    twenty-third of june.

place of birth
    st. helena washington.

race/ethnicity
    caucasian.

Leila Kit

code by low fidelity.

watch this space for a second character (maybe).

Last edited:

samuel.yu
dream perfect regime.

6,219 likes
samuel.yu

I think I've got my sight for you / I don't mean to let it brew / I thought I thought it through
View all 200 comments
samuel.yu placeholder.
April 14th
code by low fidelity.

Let's take a trip down a dark place baby. Look for me now, I'm not that (crazy). Let's talk about what makes you happy. 'Cause I know (I know). I'm calling for you. my love is turning kinda grey. (I love it when you sing) my heart is looking the other way. (So beautiful) my love is turning kinda grey. (She loves it when you sing) my heart is looking the other way. Come get your funky love story. I love it when the skies can't sleep. I left a message encased in me. So, bye bye (so, bye bye). A flawless ending.

• D O S I E R —

full Name:
    samuel "sammie" yu. yu seok bae.

zodiac: leo.

sexuality: bisexual.

place of birth: st. helena, washington.

race/ethnicity: korean-american.

V I S A G E —

hair:

eyes:

skin:
    samuel's

height: samuel is 6'2"/187 cm.

weight: samuel is 173 lbs/78 kg, he's lean and muscular.

distinguishing features: samuel is covered in tattoos, with sleeves on both arms, tattoos on his hands and chest.

wardrobe:

SAMUEL

code by low fidelity.

fecfcabdb1c5e13dd3a023fbd19eb714.jpg— DOSSIER.
name
:
Romona Wilkes
nicknames:
Mona, Ro
sexuality:
Bi-Sexual, Demi-Romantic
date of birth:
February 8th (Aquarius)
place of birth:
Somewhere in Oregon
race/ethnicity:
She's not entirely sure (Indian)

— VISAGE.
hair
:
Jet Black, slightly wavy, can't hold curls to save her life
eyes:
Dark chocolate brown
skin:
Lightly tanned, smooth
height:
5'4"
weight:
278lbs
distinguishing features:
She has a few scars here and there, mostly from her time in foster care. But on her upper left thigh, she has a large dog bite scar

She's pretty obviously plus-sized. She does have an hourglass figure, and her fat is distributed pretty evenly. A lot of it is shared between her thighs, her gut, and her chest.

Romona has a carpenter bee tattoo on her right ankle, her ears ar double pierced, and she has a labret piercing
wardrobe:
She favors alternative styles, like grunge or goth. Her favorite is dark academia with a few cottage core flares
face claim:
I haven't found her name yet : (

— PERSONA.
personality
:
At first, Romona seems like that sweet and simple small small-town everyone dreams about. She doesn't talk much and moves through day to day life with a small smile and kind words when she finally does open her mouth to speak. She seems like the type easy to take advantage of and unless you take the time to get to know her, that's the only impression you'll ever really get of her. When you do take the time to get to know her, you'll learn a lot about Romona.

Like her interest in baking and anime, and how every Sunday her parents forced her to go to church despite absolutely hating it. You'll find out what happens when you're in a dark place, Romona is willing to drop everything just to try and make you feel better. She hates parties and partying, but will go just to keep an eye on her friends, and despite not really having a reason to, she doesn't trust cops. She likes to joke it's because she's secretly been the one sending them letters full of glitter, but you'll never know the truth. You'll be forced to listen to her talk about everything from blade forging and that one battle where Julius Ceasar built a wall around a small town and then himself to Gears of War lore and how various anime characters are simp worthy.

Romona is one of the nicest people you'll meet, but nobody is perfect. Romona is the type of person to preach about body positive and how nobody deserves to be treated like less than what they deserve but doesn't believe it about herself. Out of everyone, she's her biggest critic. You wouldn't notice if you weren't actively looking for it, but Romona is, more often than not, self-deprecating. She's convinced that if you think she's a good person, she somehow tricked you into thinking that. Which is a big reason she doesn't have many true friends, but if you hang in there and stick with Romona through the ups and downs, she's one of the best people you'll ever get to know.
positive traits:
- Loyal: Romona has never really had many friends outside of her old high school friend group and the few boyfriends she's had, but Romona is always loyal. She's more than willing to do whatever those close to her needs. But...that can also mean she's taken advantage of.
- Open-Minded: So long as you aren't hurting anyone and everyone is consenting, Romona couldn't care less about what you're doing with your life.
- Compassionate: She struggles with empathy, and has a hard time connecting with people emotionally, Romona does her best to help people in stressful circumstances. She wants to help people by actually doing something rather than just offering empty comfort.
- Hard-Working: While she can often find the easier ways to make things work, Romona is a very hard working person. She wants her goals to be successful, she wants to make sure that if she wants to do something on Saturday, that everything important is done by Friday night. Even if she puts it off for a bit.
- Inquisitive: Puzzles, riddles, mysteries, they're all interesting and easy for Romona to solve. Or at the very least, they're able to hold her attention. Because of this, Romona is the one to ask a lot of questions, watch those top ten lists of weird facts, and surprisingly it's easy for her to remember said weird facts despite her memory problems in other areas.
- Kind: Despite her being a rather blunt person, she's almost exceedingly kind to some people. There's a baseline for most people, but when you get to know her a little, she's the kind of person to random bake you something and goes out of her way to make sure you're doing okay.
negative traits:
- Blunt: Romona has a very thin filter that only really works when there are children around or when someone is having a mental breakdown. And even then, it only really kicks in about half the time. It's not that she will go out of her way to be rude, but she hates the sugar-coated small talk that just ends up making everything worse.
- Apathetic: She struggles with empathy and connecting with other people on a truly emotional level. Romona may have some sort of personality disorder, but it's not clear. What is clear is that she doesn't know what to with people who are crying, so she ends up sending/showing them memes and animal videos to avoid getting annoyed.
- Un-trusting: She's more of a skeptic really than completely untrusting but it varies depending on the situation. It takes her a while to warm up and start sharing with new friends, but if you ask her out, Romona is convinced that you're lying and it's a joke. She's also not that trusting of Christians even if you're a cool Christian, but that's on religious trauma.
- A bit reckless: Sometimes Romona is the mom friend who makes sure everyone drinks enough water and is forever the designated driver. Other times, she's the one who ends up rolling down a hill in a shopping cart with no breaks or ready to fight the cops. It's a fine like that's very easy to cross.
- Gloomy: Romona is often in a pretty flat mood. She doesn't experience many emotions all that well, and more than often is the pessimistic one. She likes to joke the only thing that makes her happy is crab rangoons. It's not true obviously, but her "friends" often say she's a buzz kill because she's not in a party mood.
fears:
- Only ever being seen as a joke/practice girl (never finding true love)
- Drowning
- Typical fears that come with being a woman
ailments:
- Mild Depression
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Possible ADHD but she was never diagnosed
vibes:
thumb_create-meme-twitter-duck-with-a-knife-meme-katil-49982449.png
b00e68b33c32b4e88f40f6d9c60af6dc.jpg

— INTERVIEW. b0b0f374bc226f80e3536a0dba83b5f0.jpgwere you born and raised in st. helena?
I wasn't born here, but I was raised here. My parents adopted me in Oregon when I was a year old, and so I ended up here.
how long has it been since you've been home?
Only a few weeks. My father and brother aren't taking my mother's death well, so I just didn't leave after her funeral.
California, that's where I'm going to college. I'm studying Psychology.
did your mother have any enemies?
Not that I know of, but some of the PTA moms always gave her a hard time for adopting instead of just giving birth to another kid.
My brother, he has a little place out near the forest. My dad is in his house, but he's been drinking so it's not the most welcoming environment.

images.jpeg

name: James Mason
nicknames: Jemmy
sexuality: Homosexual
date of birth: June 3rd, 1999
place of birth: St. Helena, Wisconsin
race/ethnicity: African-American / Nigerian

— VISAGE.
hair: Black, cropped, coiled
eyes: Dark brown
skin: Dark brown, smooth and flawless.
height: 6'3
weight: 180
distinguishing features: His height and slim build often stand out.
wardrobe: Very classy and elegant, full of expensive, some even specially tailored, clothing. He favors more stylish clothing, like vests, button-up shirts, dress pants and shoes, and so on.
face claim: James Kakonge

unnamed.jpg

— PERSONA.
personality: Decisive - James wit and determination allow him to come up with and follow through on his plans. He keeps himself very organized and makes sure that every decision he makes is well thought out and logical. He doesn't like spontaneous events getting in the way of his schedule or how he's decided things should go.

Altruistic - Whatever he does, he does it for what he deems to be 'good'. Despite how distant he may seem, he's invested in helping others however he can. Whether that's helping them organize themselves and get them back on their feet, or just providing emotional support.

Cultured - Because of his wealthy background, he's been surrounded by the finer things in life since he was a newborn, even if he was too young to appreciate it. As he grew, he absorbed knowledge of great literature, Classical music(though he prefers Jazz), beautiful art and architecture, and exotic foods.

Insightful - James has trained himself to take note of his surroundings and the little tells that people have. He can sense if something's amiss or if someone seems to be acting unusually, and react accordingly.
negative traits (4+): Snobbish - Because of his cultured background, he has a very refined palate, and often comes across as snobbish when he turns his nose up at cheap and 'common' things.

Perfectionistic - All his life, he's felt pressure to be the Golden Boy, the perfect son of an influential family. He throws everything he has into maintaining his image and the unrealistic expectations thrusted at him.

Workaholic - His determination to live up to everyone's expectations caused him to become a workaholic, leaving him with little time to make social connections, as he was determined to ace everything thrown his way.

Socially Awkward - He can be wary of others, on top of not always knowing what to say when he does want to get to know someone. His sheltered, education-focused life has left him without much ability to socialize.
fears: Failure, becoming like his father.
ailments: N/A
vibes: Person - Do you have any acting experience?
James - I pretended to be straight for eighteen years.
He's so old-fashioned he signs his text messages like he's writing a letter. Like '- James'.

— INTERVIEW.
( a quick in-character interview of your character about the murders in St. Helena. at least 1-2 sentence answers. )
were you born and raised in st. Helena? Yes, me and my family lived in a mansion on a hill. I moved out for college at the first opportunity.
how long has it been since you've been home? I recently returned after hearing the news about mother. I never wanted to come back here.
where do you currently live? I've purchased a modest house in New York in order to jumpstart my career in Journalism.
did your mother have any enemies? Not that I know of, but my family's known for getting involved in...shady practices to keep our name on the top of the social ladder. I wouldn't be surprised if her or father crossed the wrong person.
who are you staying with? For the time being, I'm forced to stay with my father again while I investigate.​

• ..........."try and...

............stop me!"
    name
    Mika Locklear.

nickname
    Meeks.

sexuality
    Bisexual.

race/ethnicity
    Native American (father), Norwegian & Chinese (mother).

date of birth
    April 3rd.

place of birth
    St. Helena.

species
    Werewolf/Shapeshifter.

pack rank
    If Mika was to be engaged within her pack she would be identified as a Beta.

second form
    Pure, pitch black fur that thickly coats her lean and muscular frame, allowing for immense speed over strength. Her eyes mirror her fur, dark and quite unsettling as though staring into the void.

extra
    At the age of fifteen, unexpected to most considering she was female, Mika phased. It frankly scarred her for life and could be considered the catalyst for wanting to get out of St. Helena as fast as possible; not wanting to engage in her tribe or her culture. The full story has left her with PTSD and is not something she shares with anyone. Mika hasn't phased since and never plans to again. All she wants is a normal life.

MIKA LOCKLEAR.

code by low fidelity.

Last edited:
fecfcabdb1c5e13dd3a023fbd19eb714.jpg— DOSSIER.
name
:
Leon Wilkes
nicknames:
Leo, The Lumberjack
sexuality:
Pan
date of birth:
August 10th (Leo)
place of birth:
St. Helena
race/ethnicity:
White (Irish-American)

— VISAGE.
hair
:
Chocolate brown, curly, pretty soft actually
eyes:
Hazel (appears brown most of the time)
skin:
Fair, pretty good, his hands are calloused to hell
height:
6'5"
weight:
238lbs
distinguishing features:
He has a pretty new scar on his upper arm, got attacked by some animal whole he was working one night

His fingertips are calloused for guitar playing

His ears are pierced, and he has a tattoo sleeve that's a bunch of different flora. The newest addition is a daffodil and a bee in memorial of his mom
wardrobe:
Flannels and t-shirts, jeans, and boots. He's a simple man with a simple style
face claim:
Matthew Daddiario

— PERSONA.
personality
:

positive traits:
- Loyal: If you knew Leona before he was turned, this may surprise you. He doesn't have many people to be loyal to, but he is now the type of person to keep the promises he makes and is there for you whether or not he actually wants to be or not.
- Strong-Willed: Also coming off a stubborn, Leon is a very strong-willed individual and you'll find it very hard to pressure him into doing something, or turning against his morals. As an added benefit, he's not shaken up by most things that would shake others up.
- Hard-working: He throws himself into work and practice to make sure he's the best version of himself he can be. He wants to make his parents and his sister proud, and prove he's not the same guy he was in highschool.
- Protective: While this could fall under just being loyal, he's felt like this his entire life. Leon feels a weird urge to protect those who can't protect themselves (his superiority complex making this a little complicated.) Those who appear weak are often on the protection scale.
- Brave: Leon doesn't feel the same type of anxiety and fear that other people do, at least, not in the same way. And that means he's often throwing himself into situations to protect others without thinking much.
negative traits:
- Hot-Head: Leon has a short fuse, and it's easy to set him off if you fall under any category of snobby, obnoxious, or arrogant. Honestly, it's easy to set him off if you ask the right questions.
- Jealous: It's easy for him to fall victim to jealous thoughts. He hates a lot of things just because he knows he'll never get them. Take Romona going to college, he always wanted to go and study music but he never had the grades. A small part of him will always resent her for that.
- Vengeful: He holds a fridge longer than anyone else he knows just because he would much rather get revenge than forgive. Which means he's often on the antagonistic side of confrontation.
- Slight Superiority Complex: While he's doing his best to get better, Leon can't help but believe he's naturally better than most people. It's how his parents raised him. Oh they made sure he'd be able to take care of himself, but Romona was the one always doing housework. It's what he grew up with, and it's been hard undoing that.
- Judgemental: While he won't judge you certain things like body count or weight, he will judge you for certain fashion choices, life choices, etc etc. Once again, it's something he's trying to undo but given it was the way he was raised (this behavior being allowed) it's been hard.
fears:
- Giant bugs
- Ticks
- Losing his sister and father
ailments:
- Alcholism
- Insomnia
vibes:
3e4af98cebd577b5865fcbe7d7df3cbc.jpg
f89d162c7df695268a33f2cd16cb17b9.jpg
— SPECIES.
species
:
Werewolf
extra:
He was turned last year during a late night to finish up his monthly quota for January. He doesn't know who turned him and has made it his personal goal to punch whoever it was in the face. His life hasn't changed much, and it honestly makes work a little easier, but he has allergies. Well, used to anyway.
pack rank:
He's new so...beta? Probably, he's a part of the local pack because of necessity, but he doesn't interact with them much. The whole hierarchy deal doesn't matter to him. Which will most likely not end that well for him, but Leon needs to figure that out on his own. And all of this is in spite of his newfound sense of loyalty.
second form:
He's a pretty big wolf, dark brown fur and golden eyes. Somewhat resembling a timber wolf in build, he's obviously not a timber wolf. His wolf form also sports a nice sized scar on his left leg that's not that apparent in his human form.
extra:
His first phase was...not fun. He got home after a night at the bar in a pretty good mood despite feeling weird. The next thing he knew, he was tearing through his clothes and running out of his house on all fours. He was terrified and made the glorious decision to run for the trees before anyone found him. Which didn't end that well for Leona, as he accidentally stumbled upon the local pack. It didn't take long for them to figure out what had happened, but the best day when everyone was human again, Leona provided answered that nobody believed. So, his relationship with his new "family" was a little strained right off the bat.
— INTERVIEW. b0b0f374bc226f80e3536a0dba83b5f0.jpgwere you born and raised in st. helena?
Yep, born and raised St. Helena style. My mom and pop worked hard to make sure we had a good life here, especially after they adopted Romona.
Still, right here in St. Helena, i didn't have the grades to leave. Plus, I don't mind the small-town life.
did your mother have any enemies?
Pretty much every bar in town, she got my dad blacklisted a few years ago when he started AA. And uh...let's see, one of the kids I hung out with as a kid. Danny...damn, what was his last name? He's in prison now, so I guess that mother's intuition was right.
I have a small place out toward the logging area, right on the southern outskirt of town. My sister is living with me while she's here, my dad is unbearable to be around when he's drunk...though I know I'm not that much more pleasant either.

Elodie

• D72F8C3C-CAE1-435D-BD91-BB8D3056F8FF.jpeg
    Name: Elodie (Eloise) Storm Blackwood
    Nicknames: Ellie, Stormie, Lodi
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Date of birth: October 16
    Place of birth: St. Helena, Washington
    Race/ethnicity: Caucasian

Over the wintry forest, winds howl in rage, With no leaves to blow.
Dossier.

Name: Kaori Ito
nicknames: n/a
sexuality: Heterosexual
date of birth: February 3rd
zodiac: Aquarius
place of birth: Seattle, Washington
race/ethnicity: Japanese/Filipino-Spanish
A little about her background:
Her father is from Sapporo, Japan.
He moved to Seattle for university
and met Kaori’s mother at Seattle
University.
He found work in the states and
stayed there. Kaori’s mother is of
mixed Filipino and Spanish descent,
she grew up in Seattle.

visage.

hair: Black, mostly straight, a bit wavy at
the ends
eyes: Dark Brown, the color of tilled soil
in the sunlight
skin: Kaori has a light, clear, complexion.
She tans easily in the Summer
height: 5’8’’/ 172 cm
Weight: 120 lbs/ 54kgs
distinguishing features: Her most
striking facial features would be her full
lips and thick eyebrows. She has a
beauty mark above her lip.
wardrobe: 1 . 2 . 3 /relaxed, layered,
long sleeves.
face claim: Rina Fukushi

persona.

personality: She took one of those
personality tests online once. She got
INFJ. Apparently she's sensitive?
And a bit tunnel visioned. Well she
can pigeon hole herself on one idea
for a while. Regardless, it was just for
fun. She is a bit sheltered though,
her father was a clinical biologist.
His focus was on diseases. Preventative
studies as well. So she never has had
to struggle for money. The random
health and disease facts her father
brings up around the house may be
one reason why Kaori is so afraid of
getting sick though. Her mother was a
grade school music teacher. Kaori
suffered from nosebleeds since
she was young. But they didn't know
the cause of it at the time and
as such spent a lot of time in the
hospital for tests. In that she hated
going there. Still does. She's studying
art history at the Seattle Uni. She
would prefer a day at the museum
than have to go dancing in a large
crowd. While she may be a bit solitary,
she does enjoy time with friends and
loved ones. But she gets drained in
big groups and needs to socially
recharge often.
positive traits: Creative,Open-Minded,
Easygoing,Academic,Altruistic,Nurturing
negative traits: RBF(Resting Bitch Face)
Stubborn, Impulsive, Highbrow,Idealistic,
Forthright
fears: Public speaking,
hospitals and getting sick
ailments: Anxiety,
Nosebleeds (High Blood Pressure),
Stutter (She's had it since she was
young and worked hard on it
with speech therapy to minimize
it as much as possible. It does
slip sometimes, to her discomfort.

Interview.

Were you born and raised in St. Helena?
"Well, I was born in Seattle"
Kaori scratched lightly at her hand
without thinking about it. Needing to
do something with her hands to focus
on not stuttering. She hated interviews,
meetings, public speaking...Well any
case where the focus was on her. It
made controlling her stutter difficult.

"But I've been here on vacation before,
and my parents retired here w-w-when
I-I was fourteen" She untied her black
hair and worked her hands through
the knots. Working on tying it back
up to buy time between the next
question and her answer.

How long has it been since you've
been home?

"I took a hiatus from my bachelors"
She shifted in her seat a bit, thinking
if she should end the answer there.
"It's only been about six months,
since the diagnosis" She cleared her
throat.

"Well, my f-f-f" Kaori paused,
she was hard on herself. Even with her
speech therapy, it was harder when
she was nervous. And she hated
to show it. She coughed lightly into her
elbow to buy time.
"My father is sick, so I wanted to come
visit my parents and help out"

Where do you currently live?
Kaori looked around,
How specific do I have to be?
She thought it was funny to even worry
about it.
It's not like it's a big town anyway.

"My dad needs fresh air, so I'm staying
with them. Not far from the Quileute
reservation. There's nice mountain trails
there." She paused to think,
"Well he can't walk them anymore,
but we sit on the porch and talk"

Did your brother have any enemies?
She hated that question. It seemed a little
too personal. She never talks about him.
Her brother moved away from Seattle
when he was eighteen. That was two
years ago. She hadn't heard from him
since.

Their father wanted Yuhei to study medicine
like he did. But Yuhei didn't care for it at all.
Their mother was always more flexible.
Kaori couldn't blame her brother, she
wished she could have done more for him.

It seemed like there were things that
Yuhei kept from all three of them.
So, in short, Kaori wouldn't know.
It all came as a shock to her and
her family, his passing that is.

"Well, no...He was always good to me"
She wasn't lying. But she kind of felt
like she was holding back information.

Who are you staying with?
"Oh, well with my parents" She gave
a small nod, grateful for the end of the
interview.

other:

Yukinori Ito, Father

Maira Ula Ito, Mother

Yuhei Ito, Brother, Fraternal Twin (Deceased)

“Over the Wintry” by Natsume Sōseki

coded by incandescent

Last edited:
Emery

• D72F8C3C-CAE1-435D-BD91-BB8D3056F8FF.jpeg
    Name: Emery (Emeralda) May Blackwood
    Nicknames: Em, Emma
    Sexuality: Aromantic
    Date of birth: July 26
    Place of birth: St. Helena, Washington
    Race/ethnicity: Caucasian

— DOSSIER —
name:
Lyra Li
nicknames: N/A
sexuality: Pansexual
date of birth: May 20th
place of birth: in a cab, just outside of St. Helena
race/ethnicity: South Korean

— VISAGE —
hair:
thick black hair, with a slightly choppy cut and bang.
eyes: Charcoal eyes, dark and brooding
skin: Pale complexion, smallish bags under eyes
height: 5’8” | 1.79m
weight: 109lbs
distinguishing features: Slightly lanky build, stick thin. Her body worries some, even if she eats healthily. Her eyes are cold, and she often looks likes she doesn't care for much, or others. Her smile can brighten a room, if you are lucky enough to see it.
wardrobe: Street grunge
faceclaim: Sora Choi

— PERSONA —
personality:
Lyra isn’t one to be trifled with. Oldest of FIFTEEN siblings, Lyra ran away at a young age due to neglect. Due to this, the girl is incredibly independent, never asking for assistance even if it’s acquired. She has built large walls around her, not letting anyone in. The girl has her soft spots, however, and if you can make her laugh, and, well, feel something, she’ll probably die for you.

positive traits (4+):
TONGUE-IN-CHEEK - Lyra, while seeming serious, loves a good laugh and joke.
DECISIVE - Lyra knows what she likes, and how she likes it.
OBSERVANT - Lyra likes to watch… NOT LIKE THAT, OKAY? She’s just incredibly curious and wants to know about the people and places around her.
SEEMINLY NONCHALANT - Lyra doesn’t seem like she cares about much, even if she does. This can be a positive thing when dealing with the death of your parents, along with dealing with what to do with her fifteen siblings.

negative traits (4+):
IMPATIENT - Lyra would rather cut her own foot off than have to wait for something to get done by someone else.
MORBID - Has an interest in some of the darker things in life.
IMPULSIVE - Just because someone knows what they want, doesn’t always mean it’s the best thing for them.
IRRITABLE - Easily peeved, Lyra is often seen as what her friends call a “grumpy puss”.

fears: Living for someone else, not feeling enough, feeling too much.

ailments:
PTSD, Major Depression, Bipolar Disorder

vibes: BDE, top ENERGY, owns a whip ENERGY, def owns a pair of handcuffs ENERGY. Will steal your girl ENERGY.

— INTERVIEW —
were you born and raised in st. helena?

“Yeah, for some reason my family saw the heavy winter, frigid air, and stuffy people and thought ‘WOW, a perfect place to raise a cult."
how long has it been since you've run away from home?
“I don’t know, I was 17, you do the math. Why does this even have to do with my parents’ death? Have you even figured out what happened? I don't understand how this is helping."
“I’m in London, but I usually hop from city-to-city due to my job. For now, though, I’m here.”
and your job is?
"Do you guys not look into that before you pull people in here? ... I model for various brands, therefore, lots of travel."
did your parents have any enemies?
“Depends, how many kids did they have after I Ieft? They popped out so many, they were bound to make one of them mad.”
“No one. I'd rather die than stay at my old house. I’m staying at a motel while I go through sort through everything.”
Did you have any reason to hurt your parents?
“Everyone has a reason. But if you are asking if I did something to them, the answer is no.”

Lyra Li
"wanderer or drifter?"
Looked at you with empty eyes and said:

"I'm doing you a favor, doing you a favor."
coded by incandescent

skeleton finished & submitted @ 7:08 PM MT, November 11th

Am sleepy but I'll add a little thingy with more pictures of him later today, methinks. Sheet's done for now!

9VPX21O.jpg
C1suI9E.jpg

GRAHAM BERWICK

qw7KwJt.jpg
Chj5yzC.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION
NICKNAME/ALIAS
FACECLAIM
Doctor Graham
'Twenty-five'
Cis-male
Kalmon Stokes

COMPLEXION
DATE OF BIRTH
SEXUALITY
RACE/NATIONALITY
Tawny
May 8th
Pansexual
Kenyan; Ex-Brit

HOMETOWN
ZODIAC
HAIR COLOR
EYE COLOR
Nairobi, Kenya
Taurus
Black
Golden Brown

HEIGHT
WEIGHT
MYERS-BRIGGS
ENNEAGRAM
6'4"
211 lbs
INFP-T(urbulent)
(98%) 2 - (96%) 7

SPECIES

LANGUAGES
OCCUPATION
TRUE AGE
SPECIES
Swahili - Central Thai
Physician
Approx. 300-315
Vampire
Scottish Gaelic
Veterinary Volunteer
French - Japanese
Youth Volunteer

STRENGTHS: First-aid, outdoor survival in various regions and climates. Hiding, tracking, and hunting game. Caring for others.

VICINITY HEALING: So long as they're sharing an immediate space with Graham (approx. 5-8 ft), those who are sick or who've sustained injury will experience an augmented/increased healing rate. This is at the cellular level, and isn't to be confused for any sort of 'instant restoration' ability.

It would simply lessen and alleviate some of the damage and heal the patient over time, and requires that the patient spend a proportional amount of time in Graham's presence. Those who've sustained worse ailments or injuries would require a number of hours or even several days to get the most out of his powers. He's become something of a fixture in St. Helena's clinics, spending a number of hours simply reading or interacting in roomfuls of two and four-legged patients so as to expose them to his ability for a few hours at a time.
  • Would need prolonged exposure to fully heal worse off patients.
  • The closer someone is, the better assisted by his ability they'll be.
  • Includes some illnesses, but wouldn't simply 'cure' things like cancer.
  • Ability is a constant passive for Graham's own bodily healing factor.

PERSONA

NEGATIVE: Self-denying, self-effacing. Worrisome. Shy (situational). Can be considered nosy/meddlesome at times, as if a situation seems to be getting heated, he may well step in to diffuse or reroute some of the tension. Lonely.

POSITIVE:
Devoted, forbearing, charitable. Friendly, easygoing, engaging. Gentle. Graham has a very deep understanding/comprehension of trauma and positions himself as something of a pillar for fellow sufferers if they should need a shoulder or a crutch. Inquisitive, loving. Adventurous. Graham wants to see people smile and will take great pains to get even the tiniest grin out of them.

LIKES: The outdoors. Helping, caring for, or otherwise doting on others (regardless of whether they like him or want help or not). Animals, children; Humans, as he still relates to them greatly and adores their company. Photography, exercise, and falling asleep while reading a good book.

DISLIKES: Conflict/confrontation- tries to mediate in an effort to avoid this. Racism, specism. Burdening others.

FEARS/QUIRKS: With his age preceding him, his greatest fears are love and affection in all their many forms. He contradicts himself by gravitating toward others subconsciously and then running away when he realizes he's doing it. Usually, anyone that gives him butterflies becomes someone he'll duck and hide from on sight. Graham envies people who can assert their emotions, and who're unafraid to reach for something they want. He has troubles with both.

PERSONALITY: Graham's size is pretty much lost on him, a human tower comprised of solid muscle whose sole purpose in life is to give people checkups and to take pictures of the local scenery. He loves to be around people but worries that he might become an inconvenience, and so tries (and fails) to keep his emotional distance. He's still very fond of humans and is very proud of the advancements he's seen come to pass over the centuries. He also loves to give people his attention but becomes flustered when the opposite scenario presents itself, as he has no idea what to do when on the receiving end of compliments, well-wishes, or romantic gestures.

Perhaps the only times Graham can be trusted to take center stage or to accept attention are times of crisis or instances in which someone nearby needs assistance. In these situations, his dislike for confrontation is overridden, and he will very gladly shield others from danger or misfortune as best he can. It takes a great deal to upset Graham, and he likely couldn't recall a situation that made him angry (sad, maybe, but never angry) even if asked. He's otherwise very inviting and is known to be a source of calm, and is someone people flock to when they need to vent or relax.

Graham doesn't actually know when his birth year or birthday are, as he was unable to count or read properly until after he'd been turned. He often lies about when it is or when it could be, as he hasn't the slightest clue.

MISC & VIBES

WARDROBE: Business casual, never too many layers. Too many layers makes him uncomfortable, as do heavy boots and other clunky articles of clothing.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: Faded tattooing on his right arm. Solid build, very broad, large hands. Warm eyes and big smiles. His voice is deep, and his accent is very distinct.
AILMENTS: Nothing but a lonely soul and a l'il awkward tension.

INTERVIEW

"Were you born and raised in St. Helena?"
"No, I've only been in and out of the area for a couple of years now."

"Where do you currently live?"
"I've a cabin not far from the hospital, one I rent out when I'm away. I've been staying in it myself since I got back.

"Did your brother have any enemies?"
"To be truthful? I called him and considered him my younger brother, but there was no blood relation. I met him when I first moved here, and he was always a bit rough, but he was a great kid, very intelligent. I can't think of anyone who might've done anything more than rough him up a bit? No one ever hated him, not that I can recall..."

HISTORY

BACKGROUND: Born to slaves in Kenya in the early 1700's, Graham had known nothing but danger, servitude, and dire straits for the majority of his young life. Cursed 'Blessed' with a sturdier constitution and a quieter demeanor than most, Graham was something of a prized trophy amongst British traders at the time. Possession of the lad changed hands over and over and over again, all the way up until he was somewhere in his 20's.

He'd been on British soil, then, tending land, lifting, and running various daily errands for a wealthy family in Bristol up until the night he'd been stabbed within an inch of his life by a number of rowdy young men. Even now, Graham believes may have been the only time in his 300 plus years that he called out for help- and someone heard it. Rather, one Bram Berwick had smelled fresh blood and had come for a look when he came across Graham's alleyway deathbed. Fear, delirium, and bloodloss had removed him of his faculties at the time, lest he be conscious enough to understand the irreversible repercussions of begging Bram's blurry figure for help that night.

For years, Graham struggled to accept the reality of his own body. Bram had taken pity on him, yes, but for the usual reasons, did not have much more than pity to spare for the newborn. Borne of this pity, however, was the cumbersome task of teaching a grown man (Graham) to read, write, and count. Despite the confusion, despair, and distaste Graham has and will always have for Bram, it is true that the foundation of his abilities was laid by Bram's intervention. Again, though, Graham's discomfort with his master only grew. After countless years living off the land in a remote corner of Scotland, Graham finally left Bram's side after hearing a number of nations finally abolished the slave trade. From there, Graham sought to fill his time; With people, with new things, and new sights- new distractions.

Graham has many stories, having spent time in Scotland, France, Africa, North America, and portions of East Asia over the course of the past 300 years- each taking place in a new, quiet corner of the world, where he can watch and explore without disturbing the locals.

• Graham first began eavesdropping on lecturers across the UK in the later 1850's before he was finally allowed to attend a university properly a decade later, growing out his basic medical expertise as the years and advancements went by. He continues to re-apply/re-enter universities every few years to a decade for refreshers and updates, but also for the sheer joy and satisfaction of attending a learning institution. He squirrels his money away, donating to charities or to nearby people when and wherever possible.

base coding by MISTER UN. 0W3N

Users who are viewing this thread

Back