• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy MMORPG NPCs

Taj

Too many ideas
The main idea is pretty cut and dry and has been done a million times...our characters are NPCs who have sidestepped their NPCish restrictions and, to one extent or another, have the same freedom as Heroes. Excluding, of course, the freedom to quit the game.

If there's any interest I will start designing the game's setting and plot. I like details so it may take a while for this to come together. I plan on including a leveling system, classes, skills, etc.

I may have some interest, but plot and setting are big deals for me, so I'll state this as a "maybe" depending on what is come up with by then. Also, logistics-wise, will there be any requirements in terms of posts, or restrictions in terms of characters?

I may have some interest, but plot and setting are big deals for me, so I'll state this as a "maybe" depending on what is come up with by then. Also, logistics-wise, will there be any requirements in terms of posts, or restrictions in terms of characters?
It'll be semi-lit, nothing too demanding but at least a solid couple of paragraphs.
I'm not sure what you mean about character restrictions. Everyone will start out very weak and level up through whatever system I implement, just like in a real mmo.
I don't expect anyone to actually commit at this point, since all I have is a very vague idea and the role play itself will be very specific, so I understand your hesitance! Thanks for replying anyway!

It'll be semi-lit, nothing too demanding but at least a solid couple of paragraphs.
I'm not sure what you mean about character restrictions. Everyone will start out very weak and level up through whatever system I implement, just like in a real mmo.
I don't expect anyone to actually commit at this point, since all I have is a very vague idea and the role play itself will be very specific, so I understand your hesitance! Thanks for replying anyway!
I see. Character restrictions means any kind of character we can't play. So I can basically assume any important NPCs are out of the question based on what you said.

I see. Character restrictions means any kind of character we can't play. So I can basically assume any important NPCs are out of the question based on what you said.
Well now that you said that it's got me thinking. >.> Could be fun to play as characters with more integral roles. It would completely change the role play in a lot of ways.

So basically at this point, no comment. :P I'll have to think about it and figure out which way would work best.

This sounds pretty cool. I'd be really into playing a blacksmith or some kind of usually non-combative class. Regular classes are cool too, but if that's an option...
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I agree with the above person, this does sound very interesting.
If this were to become a thing, lmk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back