• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

MLP - Age of Exploration (D&D 5e Custom System)

Characters
Here
Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Dumbledoof Dumbledoof GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
"We will have your back." Spitfire said with a gentle smile, before promptly ducking back behind cover. While Mud went to go approach the creatures, Spitfire concentrated on her magic. In the middle of one hoof she conjured a very small, nearly imperceptible ball of flame. If things went south she would send that out to hopefully take some of the attention off of Mud.

As expected, the scorpions noticed Mud's approach and... did scorpion things. They started clicking angrily and snapping with their claws, warning the earth pony to keep away. They were absolutely massive creatures but must have fed recently, because they weren't being overly aggressive. It just looked like they wanted her to leave.

The elemental on the other hoof held its flail at the ready as she approached. It's whirlwind of a form grew slightly with anger and two sparks of lightning in place of eyes stared at her. It appeared to understand her words, but... when it tried to respond, it sounded like a howling wind. Of course it didn't speak Equestrian, but it understood her at least.

Roll a charisma check.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Charisma check: 11 (10+1)

Mud clearly didn't understand the elemental. She cocked her head, and tried to read the cues. "You want me to leave? I'm sorry but I have to talk to your master. I'm not leaving. Please let me past. What we have to talk about is of interest to them, and concerns an egg we think is theirs the we also think the Saddle Arabians stole."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Midnight heard what everyone had to say and agreed with Rainbow Dash. He felt that the plan he laid out had problems and was glad someone had pointed them out.

With everyone seeming to decide to go with Mud’s plan, Midnight came over to Rainbow Dash and said, “Miss Rainbow Dash I think that, out of all of us, you are the fastest one here. At least you give off that impression.” He motioned between her and everyone else. “Since we seem to be going with Miss Mud’s plan, I would like to set up a sort of...interception on those Scorpions.” He now motioned to the guards to the dragon’s cave. “I know a spell called ‘Cause Fear’. If you can cut of the one to the right, then I can use the spell to stop the other one.”

HP 44/44
AC 15
-2 to-hit because of Desert Heat 1/3
Spell Slots
Novice 3/4
Apprentice 1/1

Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Dumbledoof Dumbledoof GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
Thankfully Rainbow Dash's interference would not be needed. As Mud spoke to the elemental, she could see the swirling wind under its full plate armour beginning to die down. She was obviously setting the elemental at ease, although it was not entirely convinced. The elemental looked over at Mud, and then nodded. In very broken Equestrian it said, "Half group... dragon. Half group... here."

That answer was simple enough. Half of them could go see the dragon, the other half would have to stay here. The elemental was absolutely not letting a full group of adventurers wander down into its masters lair.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Mud nodded, showing she understood and honored the request, and turned back to the group. "It said half of us can go, if half of us stay. Who should go? If we actually want to have a chance at talking things out, maybe Spitfire should come, but this should be a team decision."

Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
Rainbow watched the interaction silently, seemingly laser focused on whatever was going down. This could go bad in a flash with Mud all alone out there. She wasn't really sure that she liked one of the group being practically out in the open, surrounded. If they decided to attack, it would mean that they're going to get taken down practically instantly.

Her ear flicked at Midnight with a short nod, lightning flickering along her hooves. Yay ranged attacks as a melee!

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
But nothing happened. Mud came back and Rainbow settled down a little, but was clearly still tense. "Spitfire and I know the most about the egg. I think the two of us should be the ones to go, and I'm definitely not letting her walk into a dragon's lair without me." She crossed her hooves. "I really hope the dragon is feeling talkative. Is there no way all of us can come in?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Only half of them...it was something that Midnight did not like. One thing he did not want to do was to split the group. With that thought and a comment from Rainbow Dash, he got to thinking. What could be done to get them through? Maybe he could try talking all of them through? Would they have to give up something? Would one of them have to...become...a...prisoner?

Out of all the sudden ideas Midnight hated the last one the most, then came an idea. He turned to everyone and said, “Well, we will not find out by just thinking about it so I’ll go ask. Be back in a bit.” Before he went off, he looked at Rainbow Dash and said, “I’m sure I don’t need to ask.” Trying to hint at what he wanted Rainbow Dash to do.

With that he trotted up to the Elemental, making sure to stay far enough away from the Giant Scorpions, and spoke up, “Greetings dear Elemental. I am Midnight Sonata and I wish to ask you a question.” As he was saying this he was bowing to the Elemental. “Now, from what I understand, you will allow us to go and see your master providing that half of the party stays here. I would prefer it if we did not split up, so I have a potential solution. If you let us in, as we are, with some extra guards to keep an eye on us and a promise that we will not attack your master, unless our lives are threatened of course, then would that be a possibility?” At this point he lifted his head, “Now if that is not a possibility then I am sure we can think of something that does not split up the party that I have grown fond of.”

Persuasion Check - Roll 14 + 4 = 18

HP 44/44
AC 15
Spell Slots
Novice 3/4
Apprentice 1/1

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver @ Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Avedon Avedon Shadeofshade Shadeofshade Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Applebloom would look at Mud as she finished speaking, then looked at the others, as they began to figure out who would be going. She'd frown a bit, before watching midnight go upto the elemental. She was a little surprised, and slowly shuffled her way over, listening to him speaking, before looking to the others, "Tha' could probably work out best fer us." She'd say, smiling softly as she looked back to Midnight. She was really just hoping the confrontation with the dragon would go well, and was thinking about what would happen if it went bad.

"I agree with Rainbow Dash, we know the most about the egg so we should be the one discussing this with the dragon. Also, I am not leaving her side." Spitfire was quite serious about that; if Rainbow went in, so did she. If Rainbow stayed out, so did she. They'd been injured too often when not together, sticking close was the best way for them to help one another.

It seemed like Midnight had other plans though! That plan was to try to further convince the elemental to let them all in. Spitfire really didn't expect it to work, and as such was incredibly surprised when the elemental gave a sort of noise that sounded like a spark of electricity and then stepped to the side. It just motioned for them all to enter.

"... Good job." Spitfire said to Midnight as the group entered the dragons cave freely.

The cave immediately began to slope downwards, beneath the sandy dunes on the surface. It went on for nearly a mile before they started to hear the sounds of a deep snoring coming from within. The snoring shook the very walls around them, causing pebbles to clatter along the ground.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Shadeofshade Shadeofshade

Mud, glad that she was in her element, surrounded by earth, was feeling empowered. Their strong of luck was only adding to her good mood. "We all got in, no blood was shed, and I can feel the Dragon snoring meaning we still have the element of surprise." She turned to Midnight, her face and voice still the emotional equivalent of blank paper. "Thank you, Midnight. You should be proud, and I mean that."

Of course, it wasn't going to all be easy from here on out. Not only did the group have a fully grown dragon to deal with, but they also had more guards accompanying them now; one giant scorpion, and the elemental were both following along after the group to make sure their master was well defended. Of course, the dragon probably didn't need defending.

As the group approached closer, the rumbling in the cavern only grew louder. As they made their way down the caverns, the tunnel finally opened up into a massive cavern. This cave had to be nearly 600 feet across, and was home to a massive blue dragon. Although not the biggest in the world, it was still formidable. The adult blue dragon measured over 80 feet from head to tail, with a wingspan of nearly 95 feet.

However... it was sleeping. If the characters wanted to take advantage of its sleeping form, they could attack now before the elemental woke up its master.

Midnight was surprised at how well the negotiations were going so far. He had convinced the Element to let everyone it with just some tightened security. He was glad that he could help and was happy when Spitfire and Mud thanked him.

As they proceeded, everyone could hear the snoring and as they got closer they found out just what kind of Blue Dragon they were up against...an Adult...Blue...Dragon...an Adult...Dragon...an Adult. Midnight’s first thought when seeing this was, “Oh no, where in trouble. We need to try and keep this thing in a good mood and we are about to have it woken up. PERFECT!”

As he thought, he remembered something from earlier in the day. He trotted over to where Spitfire and Rainbow Dash was, pulled them together and whispered to them, “I apologise for pulling you both together and for what I’m about to ask. But I need you both to promise me that you will not do that thing that you did with the other group when we made our stop at the oasis, please?” He made a begging motion with his hooves as he did so. “From what I can see, this is an Adult Blue Dragon and that means that if we anger him or her then we will have a lot of trouble that can be easily avoided. So please don’t try that, I’m begging both of you?” When he begged that he motioned towards the dragon and added, "I can help with talking him or her down from attacking to an extent but please be careful. Blue Dragons are very manipulative. Since this is an Adult, that most likely means that he or she has experience talking circles around our kind."

HP 44/44
AC 15
Spell Slots
Novice 3/4
Apprentice 1/1

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Avedon Avedon Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
Rainbow was glad that they were all able to enter the dragon's hideout at once. That certainly ups their chances of survival by a little bit. It doesn't help much that now some guards are accompanying them, but if everything goes according to plan, this also means that it isn't needed. She doesn't exactly want a fight with this blue dragon. In fact, if anything, the ponies are the 'bad' ones this time around. They seemed to have stolen their egg.

If anybody decided to try and take her foal away from her, she would be fully willing to kill as well. Whatever would get her closer to getting her kid back.

She was suddenly pulled closer to Midnight, and almost immediately objected. "Hey, what's the deal!?" It didn't help that apparently they did not trust her at all. This is way different from laying down the law with a couple of random adventurers they didn't even know. That group was full getting in the way of what they were trying to do on their own personal mission. Regardless, she lowered her voice to match their own. "You can't be serious. Of course not! We did what we did because they were getting in the way and not listening at all. I'm not lookin' for a fight with this dragon, really not interested in dying here. I just wanna talk with 'em, see if the egg is theirs, and then figure out recovery of said egg 'cause we know where it is."

The indignity of being distrusted by one of their own group. Rainbow pulled away with a sour look on her face. "If a fight is gonna start, it'll be them startin' it, not me. Have a little faith. I'm not nearly as dumb as peoples seem to think I am."

Spitfire was not expecting to be grabbed like that. Nor did she like being grabbed. This was a mare who literally made a living screaming at recruits. About the only ponies she was pleasant towards were Rainbow Dash and her friends, the other Wonderbolts, and royalty. Everypony else got nothing but growls out of her. And unfortunately, she did not know Midnight well enough for him to actually make her list of friends!

She immediately swatted Midnight's hoof away and frowned at him. Regardless, she listened to his words... and was also rather offended, just like Rainbow Dash was. "As it turns out, I am only a partial idiot. I promise I won't purposefully anger the Storm Dragon." She said, before promptly pulling away and going to walk right beside Rainbow Dash. Spitfire was a bit visibly nervous... obviously... because it's a dragon. A real one.

The smell of sand and electricity permeated this chamber. The echoing snores of the beast shook the walls, causing pebbles and sand to fall from the ceiling. This massive creature was intimidating even while asleep, and Spitfire found herself shaking a bit at the sight of it.

The elemental neared the creature and began to speak. It was then that one of the dragons eyes snapped open, it's pure blue eye lacking any sort of iris at all, and yet the characters would know it was looking at them.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Mud watched impassively as the dragon woke up, but sweat was now visible on her face, and it wasn't from the heat. She went up and trotted to Spitfire's other side, before placing her hoof on her friend's shoulder. "This time all we have to do is talk to it. We're all right behind you. We've got your back," she said, giving Spitfire words of encouragement while simultaneously making her out as the one who was going to be speaking to the Dragon. She was the most charismatic of them. It just made sense.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
What a thing to do, asking that to the Element of Loyalty. Loyalty. Of everybody in the group currently, Rainbow Dash is the one you can trust the most in this situation. She isn't exactly going to be trying to get anybody killed, not to mention having quite a bit of experience in this whole adventuring thing. Plus... seriously. L-o-y-a-l-t-y. She is loyal to her friends, which pretty much everybody here qualifies as such. No way she'll be doing something that might get them killed.

The dragon being awoken made her snap from her anger. Guess the time has finally come to do what they traveled across the desert for. She probably wasn't the right one to talk this through with the dragon, because... she has a habit of messing up her wording. Saying the wrong thing could very well mean killing them all. So she'll let Spitfire handle it.

Not without backup still though. She came back over to Spitfire's side, smiling slightly at them. They aren't doing this alone.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Applebloom watched as the Dragon's eye opened, and she knew it was looking at the group. To be entirely honest, she really didn't want to fight it, and was completely content to stand back as the elemental spoke with the dragon. She'd fidget in place as she waited for anything to happen, and would look at Spitfire, smiling hopefully at her, "Ya can do it." She'd say softly, and would keep a close distance to her, ready to move at a moment's notice if she needed to!

Midnight was disappointed in himself. He seemed to anger Rainbow Dash and Spitfire and he knew that he needed to sort that out later. The dragon is now awake, and it seemed everyone was not happy that it was awake.

Midnight knew that he needed to think fast, say the right thing and act appropriately. He turned to the dragon, stood in front of the ponies he called friends and bows to the Dragon. “Greetings, oh Powerful Dragon. My name is Midnight Sonata. We apologise for coming into your home and waking you up. We have come to you, seeking an audience with you to discuss something important.”

HP 44/44
AC 15
Spell Slots
Novice 3/4
Apprentice 1/1

This seemed like the worst idea ever to Spitfire. Why the hell was she the one supposed to be doing the speaking? She didn't even speak Draconic! She was only hoping that this damn thing spoke Equestrian and there wouldn't be a language barrier. As far as she knew, most true dragons spoke pretty much every language that existed... but she wasn't positive about that.

She was just about to speak, when Midnight Sonata went ahead and did that instead. Well, that's fine with her. That meant the dragon would just eat him first instead! Spitfire took a step backward to give Midnight centre stage.

The dragons blue eye stared at Midnight as he spoke, and as he finished the great beast let out a deep sigh. The breath was more like a tornado, forcing the party to plant themselves firmly or topple over. The dragon then slowly began to stir, rising up to his full height of about 50 feet. His tail came to curl around his body and he stared down wordlessly at Midnight Sonata. Lightning crackled around the dragons snout as he waited for the little insect in front of him to speak.

Midnight quickly realised that no one seemed to be happy. His friends did not seem to be wanting to be here talking to the Dragon, the Dragon didn’t seem to want the party to be here as they seemed to want to be asleep, the guards didn’t seem to want to disturb there Master and he didn’t want to anger the Dragon.

When Midnight raised his head, after nearly getting blown away from the Dragon’s breath, and looked at the Dragon he realised that the Dragon just wanted this to be over. He took a quick look behind himself before turning back and addressing the Dragon, knowing full well that he might not have friends anymore after this. “Oh Powerful Dragon, before we get to the matter at hoof, I believe it would be prudent for everyone to introduce themselves. Wouldn’t you agree?” He was sweating bullets as he said this and hoped his friend noticed the small plead for help in his voice as he worried he might anger the Dragon.

HP 44/44
AC 15
Spell Slots
Novice 3/4
Apprentice 1/1

Shadeofshade Shadeofshade Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

The plain-looking tall earth pony with the fuckoff big divine-looking sword strapped to her back stepped forward, and looked up at the dragon. There was no fear in her face. Nor was there any aggression. In fact there was nothing. She appeared emotionless, devoid of any expected reaction to staring up at such a mighty dragon. But neither did she seem bored. Her eyes were alert. Her voice, while flat, was not a voice of somepony who was disinterested. It was more like this pony couldn't express emotion, than that she didn't.

"My name is Mud Pie. It is an honor to meet you," she said very diplomatically.

HP: 73/73
AC: 16
Rage: 3/4

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
Valentine lifted her head at the dragon, sizing it up as she shifted from one side to the other and rolled her shoulders. It certainly seemed powerful, even if it was using lightning - which everyone knew was just weak sky-fire invented by those Greek-pony degenerates in ancient times. She and it, they were clearly equals (for now) so she could treat with it as such.
"Mmm...I am Valentine d'vaal Dampierre. You seem relatively above the cut of the stunted pseudo-dragons I've seen in this world so far, so you needn't grovel before me though I won't stop you if you wish to."

636238882493439723.jpeg
The dragon stared at Midnight as he spoke, and then glanced over at Mud as well. Spitfire also stepped forward along with Mud and said, "Oh great one, my name is Spitfire Flamestrike. We come with news of great importance to you." The dragoon stared at them calmly, his breathing sounding like the churning of a storm overhead, complete with small thundercracks as he breathed. However, he looked relatively calm as he inspected each member of their troupe.

That was, until he got to Valentine. While she wasn't being outright offensive, she also wasn't exactly being respectful. The dragons blue eyes clouded over with grey for a moment as he leaned ever so slightly down towards her. One giant horn, nearly the size of Valentine herself, protruded from the great beasts head. As he lowered down to stare more directly at her, an aura of menace swept out and threatened to engulf Valentine.

VALENTINE: Make a DC 17 Charisma saving throw or become frightened for 1 minute. You may repeat the save each round. On a success you are immune to this fear effect for one day.

Perhaps most worrying is that the dragon didn't say anything. He stared at Valentine for a moment, and then pulled back and looked over the group. "What is this news you have brought to me? Pray that it is worth my time."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Fortunately for Valentine, giant things with immense power that could annihilate her was what she ran into constantly in her infernal home! As the giants dragon's giant gaze fell on her briefly and she felt the air around her become quite literally charged Valentine felt a moment of confusion...she had heard about this - was this dragon flirting with her? She blushed. Really she was charmed but he seemed a tiny bit too old for her. Still if it helped keep him distracted as Spitfire worked her magic she didn't mind being the group's sexy icon.
"...You have very pretty eyes.~"

DC: 17 (15+2)

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Applebloom would look around the cave as Valentine seemed to just... Applebloom wasn't entirely certain as to why Val opted to say the thing had pretty eyes. She'd look at the rest of the group, before looking back up at the dragon as he spoke, asking if they had anything important to tell him. She certainly hoped he'd consider it important, because she didn't like the idea of being a roasted pony. All Dragon's breath fire right? She'd shake her head, questions for another time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back