• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

MLP - Age of Exploration (D&D 5e Custom System)

Characters
Here
Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Midnight realised something, he should have given that warning to Valentine rather than Rainbow Dash and Spitfire. He wished he had thought of this before. Now the Dragon was in a worse mood. On the bright side Mud, Spitfire, Valentine and Rainbow Dash were at least nearby.

“Oh Powerful Dragon, we have come in search for an audience with due to some information that we have come across. In order to make sure we are not wasting your time I must ask.” Said Midnight. He shifted a bit in place in discomfort at the thought of asking the Dragon, but they had to know. “Have any of your, or any other dragons you know, eggs gone missing?” Asked Midnight as respectfully as he could.

HP 44/44
AC 15
-2 to-hit because of Desert Heat 1/3
Spell Slots
Novice 3/4
Apprentice 1/1

Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Dumbledoof Dumbledoof GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
Were it not for Midnight's question of eggs going missing, Valentine would have gotten a much stronger reaction to that! As it stands, the missing eggs diverted most of the dragons attention away from her and to Midnight instead. The dragon did however snort at Valentine and shake his head. He had met devils before, but not many were as downright crazy as her! He actually found it quite amusing.

But the eggs were a much more serious topic. The blue dragon sharply inhaled at the mention of eggs going missing, and exhaled a literal storm cloud. A thick gray cloud complete with little harmless lightning sparks came from the dragons nostrils, before dissipating over the next few seconds. "Eggs... What do you know of these eggs?!" The beast demanded angrily, one of his large feet coming over to rest in front of Midnight, claws nearly as big as Midnight's leg adorning the end of each digit.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Avedon Avedon GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
This was probably a good moment for Rainbow actually speak up. Perhaps it may be better to leave it up to Spitfire, they've always been the better talker of them, but now they're the only two that actually knows where the eggs are at. Midnight doesn't have a clue. Stepping up next to them, a little bit intimidated by the sheer size of those claws. That is one very clean impaling if anybody was stabbed by those claws. Even worse if they were actually clawed. Rainbow spoke up, raising her voice a little.

"Yeah, eggs. We found 'em over in Saddle Arabia, up in the big tower. Not sure if you would know them but the pony called Lady Goldstream has been keeping 'em." She yelled up to the dragon. "Heard that you were attacking ponies suddenly so we came this way. Do the eggs belong to you?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
She nailed it. She was the only one of them that had spoken to Lady Goldstream herself, enough to know the mare was barely capable of functioning let alone pulling off an egg heist, but the dragon didn't need to know that now or possibly ever! Go on blaming the crazy old lady! All that mattered was its eggs and stopping the attack and Valentine was happy to let Rainbow talk here!...she did nudge Mud though and wink like a "seduction master" though.

Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Dumbledoof Dumbledoof GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
As Rainbow stepped forward, so too did Spitfire. Like hell she was going to let her marefriend get eaten by a dragon all alone! If he was gonna eat one of them, that meant he had to eat them both. Unfortunately Rainbow's idea to speak up also meant that the dragon was now completely focused on them. Spitfire gulped a little as the dragon leaned down towards them, his large maw coming to rest right in front of their heads. He could very easily kill them both in a single bite.

Also his breath smelled disgusting.

The dragon let out a billowing breath as he exhaled and spoke to them. From this distance of just a few feet, his voice honestly hurt Spitfire's ears. It was like having constant thunder going off right beside her head. "These eggs... were they of blue descent?"

Avedon Avedon
Devotion was actually shocked that the dragon hadn't noticed the blade yet. It seemed to be even more focused on its lost eggs than it was on possible treasure, which was a shock. She didn't actually know a dragon could care about something more than treasure. Even the good ones coveted all manner of items! "We are going to die here." Devotion said quietly to Valentine.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Avedon Avedon Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
Rainbow gave a small shrug of her shoulders. "I couldn't tell you for sure, great dragon. We were told of the eggs are from you by some thieves who wanted it for themselves but we couldn't get a look. After that, we heard you were attacking ponies by the road. Seemed a little bit too sudden to be mere coincidence. We almost managed to get the eggs ourselves, but unfortunately, one was injured badly and we had to abandon mission."

She was also a little bit nervous from the proximity of the dragon. But if Rainbow is good at anything, she is good at putting on a brave face in spite of her fear. This isn't the first time she has been right in front of a dragon. Actually, this one is actually friendlier than her previous encounter with one.

"If the information we were given is correct, the eggs are at the top of the tower. You may want to hurry, before the thieves manage to snatch them instead." Dash said plainly.

The dragon slowly seemed to grow a little calmer. Some might even call it sad, though it's difficult to tell with such a beast. Either way the blue dragon seemed to consider Rainbow Dash's words carefully. He was clearly skeptical, but he was no longer blowing thunderclouds out of his nose. "I... Cannot retrieve my eggs, small pegasus. Rainbow Dash if I am correct in my knowledge, yes?"

Nobody ever said dragons were dumb. He'd done plenty of research on just about everything these past twenty years. The return of Princess Luna, followed by Discord and every other villain imaginable. The birth of Silvanus, Eternia and Lacunae along with the return of Aurora. These past twenty years had been absolutely crazy!

"I cannot risk going to Saddle Arabia alone, Rainbow Dash. For all of my power, they are a city. I will be shot down by arrows and magic if I were to attack the tower."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Mud saw a chance to actually contribute to the conversation, and didn't even entertain the possibility of not taking it. She stepped forward, titled her head up and faced the gigantic Dragon.

"What if we stole it for you?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

As Midnight herd Mud’s suggestion, he thought back to his days in the slums. As he thought about the suggestion, he wondered if he could help with it. “That might work.” He thought. “I might be able to help with that. If planned properly then I can sneak in by turning invisible, get the eggs out with a proper escape route and ‘Dead Drop’ and if we prepare some dummy eggs then they will be none the wiser.” Midnight suggested.

HP 44/44
AC 15
Spell Slots
Novice 3/4
Apprentice 1/1

Mud immediately had the dragon's full attention at the mention of stealing the egg. He glanced around between the different members of the party, nodding a bit at Midnight's words as well. As the dragon seemed to consider them for a moment, he finally turned away and seemed to reach for something. He took it up in his claws, and reached over to place it right in front of Midnight.

It was a blue dragon egg, about two feet tall and about one and a half feet wide. "Not all dragon eggs hatch successfully. This one was too weak and could not break out of the shell. Use it to retrieve its stronger kin." He said in a low grumbling voice, though there was no longer stormclouds coming out of his nostrils.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Mud took the egg, looked down at it, and back up at the Dragon. "So, we break in, switch the eggs without being caught, and return with your egg, and you'll have no reason to attack Saddle Arabia anymore. Am I reading the situation correctly?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Applebloom watched as Mud spoke to the dragon, and she herself would look at the egg, and then to the dragon. It made sense that if they brought him his egg, he shouldn't have much more reason to attack. At least, that was her hope. She'd stand there, waiting for the dragon to respond, and she was hoping he'd say yes.

Mud's words got an uproarious laugh from the large dragon! "Attack Saddle Arabia? I am no elder wyrm, and a terrifying blue unicorn works in that place. I have no wish to quarrel with her, or the city guards. I will not, however, stop manipulating travellers." He said quite sincerely. He was, after all, a blue dragon. An evil dragon. They were well known for manipulation and deceit, but not outright violence. That was more the territory of the red dragons.

After several more hours, the party stood outside of the tower, looking up at it. The night air was quiet, and in this sector of town there were almost no guards. At the moment there were three guards wandering the premises; more since Spitfire and Rainbow's attack. They were expecting something now.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
"Seems like a job for Midnight if we can get him close...I can use magic to look like anything. Can look like a guard or even Lady Goldstream?"
Valentien said as she mulled over their options.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Avedon Avedon

Mud silently surveyed the tower, and thought of their options to. More specifically, her options. Mud couldn't act. She couldn't even emote. She wouldn't be able to slip undercover. But there were things she could do.

"I could make a distraction, or turn a wall into a door. Possibly one by doing the other."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Applebloom looked at the tower, suprised by the sight of it, and looked to the others, "Well, what are we gonna do in the firs' place? Ah could prob'ly sneak over 'n'... knock 'em out?" She'd offer, looking around with a raised brow. She hadn't wanted to talk around the dragon, not sure if she'd say something stupid somehow back there.

Devotion had been just thinking about this the entire time they were trotting back to Saddle Arabia. She was using her Angel Brain to come up with a plan. Angels were well known for having big brains. She was probably the biggest brain. As the group sat there discussing what to do, Devotion finally spoke up with her grand plan. "Might I suggest..."

She waited just a moment to let her words sink in before finishing her sentence, "... Going up the tower and getting the egg?"

Spitfire just let out the world's biggest sigh. "... Enough from the sword. Mud, Rainbow, Apple; go knock those guards out, one each. Once the way is clear, Valentine will disguise herself as one of the guards and go inside the tower to survey it and return to us."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Valentine wasted no time in casting her Disguise Self spell! Doing her best to capture the look of a mortal guard. She got the looks fairly well, but her face was scxunched up in concentration!
"Okay I got this...just got to think like a mortal...herp derp I'm dying. Look at me do jobs for buying-foods money. Mm, all this delicious air feels good in my meat organs."
She did her best over-serious walk up the stairs as she left the others to jump into their roles in the plan.

Still surprised at how well things went with the Dragon, Midnight wondered how they would get in when he heard the plan. He saw it as a good way to cause a commotion that they didn’t need, but the part about Valentine disguising herself gave him an idea.

As soon as Valentina cast her spell, Midnight said, “Miss Spitfire, while the plan you just proposed is good, I think I can be a bit more of an asset if I go with Miss Valentine.” With those words he cast the spell Disguise Self on himself, making him look like a Pegasus Guard of the Town. “With this, we can just head on up with the egg without too much hassle, also.” He moved closer to Spitfire to whisper into her ear so Valentina couldn’t hear, “I do believe that if Miss Valentina encounters some guards, she might just kill them and that’s something I would love to avoid.”

HP 44/44
AC 15
Spell Slots
Novice 2/4
Apprentice 1/1

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus

"Yes," Mud replied to Devotion. "That is a good idea and I can't believe we didn't think about it and weren't discussing it."

She nodded at Spitfire's orders, then headed into the tower. "I'll take the one on the right," she said to Rainbow and Applebloom, before confidently approaching the guards. She then attacked the one on the right with the flat side of Devotion, hoping to perform a nonlethal takedown that'd leave them with nothing more serious than a headache.

...Okay, mild concussion at most.

Attack (To Hit): 19 (9+10)
Attack (Damage): 15 (4+4 brute force+4 strength+3)

HP: 73/73
AC: 16
Rage: 3/4

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Applebloom would look at Mud, nodding to her, before heading to the one of the left. When Mud attack the other, Applebloom moved in for the attack on her own enemy.

Attacking Guard on Left (Non-lethal)
To Hit: 13 (5 +8)
Damage: 10 (5 + 5)

Ki Point Spent (1 - Flurry of Blows)
Attacking Guard on left (Non-lethal)
To Hit: 14 (6 + 8)
Damage: 10 (5+5)

-----------
HP: 59
AC: 17

"Yes yes, whatever you believe is best Midnight. You two come back when you find something out." Spitfire stated before noticing Applebloom and Mud had moved up to strike, but Rainbow Dash hadn't done anything yet. Knowing that they couldn't wait, Spitfire had to act and take care of the guard. The last thing they needed was the guard to shout and alert others to their presence.

Harnessing her innate control over fire, Spitfire summoned a ball of flame in between her forehooves and let it loose at the guard who was left standing. Unfortunately, there was no way to really make a ball of extremely hot fire non-lethal. The ball of fire struck the guard who didn't even have time to cry out as it practically incinerated the flesh on his head.

The two that Mud and Applebloom dropped went down without a sound, bleeding and bruised but still completely alive. Spitfire looked very upset with this turn of events, but also knew she didn't really have a choice. Rainbow hadn't acted, so she had.

While the guards fell to their assault, Valentine and Midnight were able to effortlessly walk past them and into the tower. It sounded like there was commotion coming from up above. Immediately inside of the front door was a spiral staircase leading up.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Shadeofshade Shadeofshade
"Sounds like we're not the first ones to try and get this egg again...think maybe it's those adventurers from before?"
They at least had the element of surprise and their disguises with them, Valentine quietly mulling over her spells but she hoped it wouldn't come to combat, spells going off in a small room had a far too great chance of breaking those dragon eggs.
"Lets hurry before something worse happens!"
Valentine tried the door if it wasn't locked but let Shade take the lead here, he was sneakier afterall.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Avedon Avedon

“Maybe, it could also be some guards. Let’s try and keep fighting to a minimum, if possible, and save your offensive spells for emergencies, if not, and one for another Disguise Self spell, just in case.” Midnight said to Valentine.

Perception roll - 15 + 2 Int. Modifier + 3 Proficiency Bonus = 20

“We should head up.There are at least 7 others above us, maybe more. Be on guard.” With that, he took the lead with the Egg in his Backpack.

HP 44/44
AC 15
Spell Slots
Novice 2/4
Apprentice 1/1

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Applebloom sat there after all was said and done, and watched the two of them go into the tower. SHe'd look at the group of them, then at Spitfire, "Should'nt we keep uh eye out? There could be other ponies arrivin as back up er... some other would-be attackers." She'd say, looking around their surroundings, not entirely sure of how easy their task would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back