• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Welcome to Metro City. Metro City is a fictional setting comparable to Metropolis by day and Gotham by night. It is filled with corruption at all levels. Gangs are overrunning the streets. Metahuman villains are beginning to appear on the scene.

First, a little history - for a few years about 15 years ago there was a wave of vigilantism that tried to stem the soaring crime rate. These vigilantes bordered on the superhuman. (For example, one called Olympus had a strength about twice that of an Olympic weightlifter.) There were also rumored to exist a very few true metahumans. But they never showed their faces to the Press. Eventually it is believed that the vigilantes were either killed or were forced to flee the city.

History: There was one who was known to call himself Batman, but he was clearly not the comic book character as he would laugh every time he started to tell criminals his name. Apparently the name was something of a joke to him. There was also a Dark Knight - who did a much better job of re-inventing the comic book character. But he clearly lacked the wealth of a billionaire.

The Present: Today it is no longer safe to walk the streets at night. Large costumed gangs have taken over the streets. Metro City SWAT is ill equipped to handle metahumans, who have taken to calling the police McSWAT. The system is truly broken in that you can arrest a villain and he will be out on bail by the end of the day.

In the couple years, a superhero known as Guardian has made an appearance. He was the first. Initially he was kicking butt and taking names. Then the metahumans started showing up. He is really just a very watered down version of Superman (with a mask). (He was able to run over 100 mph and was bulletproof (at least against the lower caliber weapons he faced) when he first appeared, but is growing in power).

About a year ago a superheroine appeared, but she hasn’t offered a name or given interviews. Little is known about her. But she has shown up to save Guardian on a couple occasions.

Finally there are two other superheroes who are clearly fakes but worth mentioning - Vanguard and Junkyard Jane. They are apparently just normals in cosplay. Both are fictional comic characters in the RP. There are animated movies based on the characters. Vanguard sponsors a scholarship fund. Junkyard Jane is all about recycling. The pen names for the writers are James Braxton and Heather Daniels.

Characters
Now I really do NOT want to limit powers, but for the sake of balance, the preservation of the RP, and roleplay-ability I have to limit or refrain from allowing certain powers. They probably (almost certainly) exist, but not in THIS group.

Never Available (so don't bother asking!)
  • Muscle Memory/Skill Duplication
  • Pheromones
  • Power theft or duplication

The next set of powers are ones that may be allowed, but will definitely need discussion with the Storyteller. Do not be surprised when I say no, especially with the more extreme concepts. For example, I’ll likely be fine with metabolism that allows one to heal several times faster than normal. But Wolverine-styled regeneration from a pulp? No. Also, a set of twins as a form of duplication I might listen to. Multiple Man? Probably not. Senses that offer omniscience? No. That is pretty much an RP breaker. And the mecha stuff? I am looking for powers rather than gadgeteers as the template to build a character.

• Magic (Very limited in terms of spellcasting stuff, but a possible background option)
  • Shapeshifting (beyond the animal or wereforms mentioned above ask for details)
  • Regeneration
  • Duplication
  • Time/Temporal Control (I’ll probably say no.)
  • Unearthly, paralytic beauty
  • Mechas, war machines, etc
  • Androids and cyborgs

Bottom line is, characters should not be OP. Yes, you should be able to obliterate a normal human. But I don’t want to see Level 5 mutants. And I don’t care for powers that can’t be resisted.

Characters should be very new to Metro City (at least as superheroes).

Blank CS
I am NOT picky about format. The Blank CS is provided to give an idea of the minimums I am looking for. Please … HIDE any animated gifs.

Posting
3rd person, past tense
Typical post should be in the 400-600 word range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back