• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Mercenary and the Blacksmith's Apprentice (MxF)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The setting is an Arthurian type fantasy realm. Years ago, when the princess was still a girl, war came to the realm. The story goes that the royal family was slain. The kingdom fell and with it the land fell into ruin. But before the King died he plunged his Sword of Leadership into a massive boulder. Now an overlord sits on the throne. The kingdom is run by mercenary robber knights. The meek are overrun by the strong.

Your Character
The truth is that you, the Princess, escaped. But there was nowhere for a princess to hide in the kingdom. If any suspected that you had survived, they would have been searching for a girl. So you cut your hair, stole some peasant rags and passed yourself off as a boy. By sheer luck you found work tending the fires of a town blacksmith and there you have slaved away for the past few years.

While you were weak and frail compared to most young apprentices a mastersmith might take in, a few years of hard work and being stuffed with food so you can do more work had done you a little good. It has helped to maintain your disguise a little longer. Plus a weaponsmith is one of the few trades that are allowed to hold a sword.

My Character
Built like a giant standing over 6’6”, dark hair, steel blue eyes, He is young, polite, not at all like the mercenary knights. In fact, you aren’t entirely sure what he is one. He is a strange one, clearly a foreigner.

The Meeting
How this part goes will depend on our ages. While I can run teens easily enough, I think both characters should be young adults. Also, your character’s past with the smith really depends on if he knows who you are or not.

One possibility is for my character to try to seek an apprenticeship with the smith as well. But that largely depends on age. If he is young, then it might make good sense.

We will both need a CS. Mainly Appearance and Personality.

Posting
Literate, decent spelling and grammar
3rd person, past tense
Modest length, quality over quantity.
Committed (not a post every week or so)

I would be game for this. The plot and backstories are good. Did you wish for me to send you a DM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back