• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Ares nodded and pushed himself up off the ground and fixes his helmet, "Finally, leave the Eyebots to the rest of the scouting lets head back and resupply and catch a break, we are almost there." he grabbed his shield and walks back to the station and holds his head gently as he slowly blinked, "I need to get a power core change, I am losing energy at a faster rate from all these frequency waves in the air." he nodded as he walks into the station and heads up to his office, he exhales sharply and sat down on his chair and leans back, he grabs his computer mouse and scrolled through his files.

"I hope those Wake-Ups keep their heads up, we can't take any more of those freaks, most of our men are in the shop and some are still making minor repairs, I hope that being an Elite will prove to be slightly easier than this.." he sighs as he leans his head back and closed his eyes

Whilst repairs were being done, Mechanica's Factorial City came to a halt. It was near the human settlement, which wasn't as large as the city, but was about the size of a village. The mechanical legs creaked as they sat the city down, letting it rest with a gentle thud. At that moment, Mechanica informed the Servicemen to inquire about the shadow men. Because the Servicemen looked human, they could relate better to humans than the other Mechanica. Some Servicemaids were sent along with them, since many Servicemen were not functional at the present.

"Ares," Mechanica said, her face appearing in a window on his screen; nothing large as to overshadow his doings, just large enough for Mechanica's face to be seen. "We Have Docked. I Have Sent The Servicemen And Servicemaids We Have To Mobilize Inquisition In The Village." Mechanica analyzed Ares, recognizing his tire. "You Seem To Be A Bit Worn. Perhaps You Should Sit This One Out And Let The Readied Hands Deal With This Situation. I Will Inform Everyone Of The Information Gathered When Appropriate." After she spoke, her face disappeared from his screen.

The Wake-Up Angel Squadron continued to patrol the perimeter, but were now closer to the inner city and had retreated to its interior as to not scare the locals. They took that time to recharge and reload, in case of emergency.

When the Servicemen and Servicemaids gathered the information from the humans, the feed was instantly brought back to Mechanica, who could see and hear through all other Mechanica at will. She found their answers curious, as well as their behavior. They didn't seem to be a very courageous people, as the most of them were timid and meek. However, this was also possibly because of the large city that walked up to them and sat down beside their village, so it was understandable. The Servicemen handled crowd control and information distribution so as to not alarm the villagers, but they also did gather the vital information that they needed.

"Looks Like We've Got Something..." Mechanica muttered to herself at the top of her tower, "... This Isn't Good At All. From This Information, The Large City We're Looking For Is The Next Town Over... And Those Shadow Men..." Mechanica paused dramatically. Then, she appeared on several screens in the city, saying to the Mechanica, "Those Shadow Men That We Fought Are The Negative Energies Of The Humans That Live On This Planet. Some Of Them Can Project This Negative Energy, Some Lose Control Of It, And Others... Become It." This was the most important information that Mechanica gave to the city, uploading it to all the Mechanica so that they would be consciously aware of what the shadow men were. "They Seem To Inhabit Open Areas Such As The Badlands, And We Need To Cross Over Them To Get To Our Destination. We Will Rest Here And Recharge, Then We Will Form An Orderly Operation As To Dealing With Those Negative Frequencies. If We Are Lucky, We Can Evade Or Dispel Them Altogether."

Ares listens to the broadcast as he lowers his chair and rested up, he hums softly as he propped his feet up on his desk and swiveled side to side slowly, he opens one eye and stares at the screen through his visor, "Hmm...I think it would be easier to try and propel the city into the air high enough so that we are able to float over those badlands, but then again, it would be pretty difficult to do since we are in a giant walking city." he shook his head and sighs as he spins slowly and looks back at the screen, "She is so...beautiful but so emotionless, no no i need to stop, she made me and i am simply a grunt to her." he shook his head and stood up after a good rest cycle." he pulls his helmet off and sighs as he looks at himself in the mirror and looks at his mechanical and organic face, "Hm, I wear this helmet so much, has anyone else seen my face?" he wonders as he puts his helmet on and slides the face guard down and walks out of his office and thinks as he leaves the station and walks to an unused workshop

While Mechanica's Factorial City is at a rest, so is Mechanica, who moves the city. She seemed to be sleeping in her tower, not moving from the throne she was hooked up to, and with Servicemaids and Servicemen attending to her, even as she was in 'Sleep Mode'. The lockdown tired her out, as did the movement of the city. She took her time recovering, waiting for the Servicemen to be functional again so that they could move out.

Whilst sleeping, Mechanica still calculated in her mechanical brain. Unlike most machines, she dreamed, but her dreams were often calculations to situations going on in the outside world. In this scenario, she had gotten to the conclusion that she could bring down more of the Factorial City so that she could transform it into an enormous mech and gracefully stride over the badlands without worry, but she was concerned about her clients and how they would handle seeing a gigantic mechanical city as a giant robot walking toward them, trying to do business. It was already enough that it walked on its own, and turning into her mech form without her pilot made Mechanica tired rather swiftly. She needed to conserve her energy for the rest of the city; for the Mechanica. She her calculations came to the conclusion that she should continue to be conservative and let her Mechanica handle the threat. Perhaps, she would send out the Elites this time, should there be any negative interference.

He hums as he works on making a sonic wave EMP device incense the situation gets any worse for them, he sighs as he looks around and stayed quiet and calm, what he was doing was very dangerous but he needed to get this done for his people, he grumbled as he fixes a few things and welds together a frame for transport, he needed to get our of the city and far enough away so he could disable and eliminate the shadows for good so humanity and mechs can pas through without worry, he huffed as he walks to a table and grabs a few things, "I can go to jail for this."

As Ares commenced with his doings, the city suddenly started whirring back up again. The human settlement gave them more than enough information about those negative frequencies and now that they were aware of how to destroy them, it would be a simple task. However, what Mechanica did not know was how many of them that there were out in the badlands. She also could not see the city of which she was going to do trade anywhere on the horizon, meaning they had a ways to travel before they got there.

As the Factorial City came back to motion, so too would Mechanica open her eyes and awaken from her own rest, ready to move the city across the badlands and handle the potential threat that could be lurking out there. "Ready Yourselves, Serviceman Squad. We Are About To Have Liftoff." At these words, many Servicemen came out of the buildings of the city, -- this time more than the first time -- ready and repaired. "These Negative Forces Come From The Humans That Live On This Planet, So We Must Be Careful About Dealing With The Humans As We Proceed." Mechanica raised up the Factorial City completely and had it start off into the badlands.

Ares looks outside and nodded as he puts his helmet on and runs out of the building and heads off to his post as he checks his pistol and made sure he had everything he needed, "Alright take hold of defense positions!" he called out to the squads and caught up with his and jogged to the front, "We have city central again, bunch up in the center and have each other backs he stated as he adjusted his shield and looks ahead with a calmed Exhale.

The Servicemen all saluted Ares and gave a firm "Yes Sir!" as they all bunched together, the Wake-Up Angels prepping for their own takeoff back into the skies. Mechanica's Factorial City didn't take long to get moving at a high speed, seeking to outrun the threat this time around, but not running too fast as to jostle those within the city borders. Just fast enough to make an expeditious trip.

"Ready Your Marks, Men," Mechanica said upon the largest screen in the center of the city, "I Feel Them Coming." Because of the frequency that they created and the new information Mechanica had on these beings, she could actually see them this time around when they were in range of her reception. They were visible to everyone, and not just Mechanica, for just because of her enhanced reception, the sensors were able to pick up on the shadow men even when they turned invisible. "Snipers, At The Ready," Mechanica said, having a plan to wipe out the threat before it could enter the city again, since the Wake-Up Angel Squadron was nearly overwhelmed the first time.

Though Mechanica called for snipers, tanks rolled out of the garages of the city and into the streets all the way to each edge of the city limits. They transformed there into what looked like slender, sleek humanoid men and women in camouflage with tank track feet and armor that looked like wings on their backs. They had large tank barrels and scopes on them resting on their shoulders, and they took aim. These were the 'MinTan', also known as the 'Mantis Oni' Servicemen, who excelled at sniping with their tank barrels when in their humanoid form, and then could assume tank form when it was time for heavy artillery. They and the Wake-Up Angel Squad would keep the perimeter secure so that the Servicemen wouldn't have to deal with an overwhelming amount of shadow men -- if any -- this time around.

But, as luck would have it, the shadow men had a trick up their sleeves. Where the Mantis Oni Servicemen and Wake-Up Angels were taking out targets, some of them fused together to make larger, more menacing negative frequencies that could fry network communication with their presence being too close. Firing at them did damage, but did not dispel them, as it did with the normal sized ones. These giant shadow men were a greater threat, and they were closing in fast.

Ares looks around at his squadron, "All of you stay here, I am going to try and lure any of them out." he spoke quietly as he pulls his shield off and laid his weapon down, "Fire as soon as they bunch up don't worry about me getting hit." he looks back as he slipped out of the circle, he looks around as he turns his headlights off and grins slightly as his optic lights flashed one he tilted his head down, "Cmon out you bastards." he chuckled as he walks forwards into the darkness.

If it was possible he would try and sneak out of the city through the sewers and plant his bomb in the middle of the badlands sector, he knew that it was considered a suicidal mission but it was for the good of his people and the rest of this planets well being that these shadow men be taken out once and for all. "Cmon out, it's just me the one who kicked you asses a few minutes ago, I know damn well that you hate me, so come on out and take me." he stated as he kept walking forwards, there they are.

Ares laughs as he turns his lights on full brightness and flashed the wave of shadow men ahead of him, "COME GET ME FUCKERS!" he laughs as he kicks open a sewer cover and drops down, he laughs as he runs through the pipe system and led the wave outside of the city, it took him some time but he managed to bust out of the city through an exhaust port, he looks around as he tossed a battered tan tarp on his head and wrapped it around his neck, he looks around as he runs across the sand and pulls the homemade bomb out from his back compartment and kept running, "I am so fired for this." he chuckled as he kept running

The giant shadow men immediately started to jam communications with Ares from the rest of the Factorial City, which in turn led to Mechanica's voice calling out to him with a great deal of static, "What A-- You Doi--?!" but that was all that could be heard before the line was cut. The bomb was also defused by the electromagnetic waves that the shadow men emitted, because their waves were so powerful as giants.

The Servicemen obeyed their orders and stayed their positions, however Mechanica was growing tired of the shadow men and their menace to the Factorial City. "... That's It..." she muttered lowly to herself, "... I Have No Other Options." Mechanica turned her head to the Servicemaid near her and said, "Send Out The Experimental Living Weapon Series." The Living Weapon Series were much more powerful than any Serviceman, but were only used in times of severe crisis and against extremely powerful enemies. The Experimental Series was even more dangerous, however, as some of them were unstable. "Release The Bloodwing," Mechanica commanded, and, out of the top of one of the buildings, a large, foreboding dark shadow that looked like that of a dragon shot up out of it and high into the sky.

When it came back down, it was clear that it was a heavily armored, heavy artillery aerial unit that looked like some sort of mechanical dragon. It was about the size of a plane, which rivaled the size of the shadow men that fused together. With a mighty roar that sounded like that of a dinosaur mixed with a load of mechanical gears grinding together, the Bloodwing took off toward one of the giant shadow men. The Bloodwing can reverse and destabilize polarities of all its energetic techniques to have them generate reverse, opposite or removed effects, meaning that it can completely erase the shadow men in one shot. The Bloodwing roared once again, opening its mouth to reveal an enormous cannon radiating with energy. It flew toward one of the shadow men and fired off an immense sweeping beam that completely wiped it out in a single shot.

The other giant shadow men that were present were intimidated by the Bloodwing and suddenly started to disappear, but they were still able to be traced on the sensor thanks to Mechanica's increase in radar power. The shadow men began to disperse back into tiny shadow men again, surrounding the now rogue Ares, who was faced with several tens of shadow men all on his own.

Ares laughs heavily as he pulls out his knife and rips the cage off of the bomb, he looks around as he rearms it and flips a switch on his knife handle and chuckled as it fizzled with electricity, "Eat this alright." he stabs the knife into the bomb casing and spins around, he throws it out into a group of the shadow men and kicks up a metal plate and drops down into a hole in the ground, he laid under there for a while, if his device didn't work, it didn't work he was ready for his punishment.

After a few minutes passed he slowly lifts up the plate and looks around, "Okay they are gone, so will my ass once I get back." he sighs as he rips the tarp off his head and looks around as he scanned around him and sighs as he catches his breath for the moment and walks in the trail of The Factorial City, he sighs as he pats his chest and kept walking.

With the shadow men gone and Ares having been left behind, Mechanica sent the Bloodwing to go pick up Ares so that he could return to the city swiftly and safely. Even so, she would have words for him for going rogue like that.

The Bloodwing -- the size of a plane -- would swoop down toward Ares and land on its claws, docking itself beside him similarly to a plane when stationary. From there, he could climb up the Bloodwing and it could take him to the still mobile city, which was almost at the next location.

"Don't even say a god damned word, Mechanica might as well rip me a new one." he sighs as he climbs off the Bloodwing and looks around the area, he wipes the dust off himself and takes a deep breath, "Alright calm down and it will all be fine, just don't worry." Ares stated and rubbed his mechanical face, he pulls his hands away and flips his mask down.

The Bloodwing took off the moment Ares was secure, finding its way back to the Factorial City, which was about to rest itself near the futuristic city that was nearby. The Bloodwing dropped Ares off and was withdrawn into the city's recesses with the others, ready to be sent out during times of crisis.

Mechanica's Factorial City came to a rest, finally, after clearing the badlands and making it to this city that was supposed to be dealing with them in terms of marketing and trade. It lowered itself on its legs until they folded in on themselves and the city came to a gentle 'thud' on the ground. Though the city's landing was quiet and gentle, Mechanica, who was furious, did not seem to reflect that same gentleness.

Ares stood face to face with Mechanica this time and not before a screen, her Servicemen and Servicemaids all attentive and ready to serve them both. They watched in blankness as Mechanica glared at Ares, but her face showed very little change in emotion. She didn't look as furious as she was; the only notion of her fury was the piercing red in her eyes. "Specialized Serviceman Ares," Mechanica thundered, "What Was The Cause Of This Major Defect In Behavior?" She tilted her head lightly. "Are You Malfunctioning? Or Is It That Core Inside Of You?" Ares was different than many of the other Servicemen because of his basically free will nature. The Standard Servicemen didn't have that and the Specialized Servicemen only bore it when necessary. Mechanica's head shifted upright. "You Were Not Equipped With That To Defy Orders And Endanger Yourself. It Is A Special Core That Only The Greater Mechanica Possess... Because They Are Trusted To Use It Properly." What Mechanica was insinuating was not exactly the nicest sounding repercussion. "You Have Done Well In Your Line Of Service, However, And I Will Give You That, However Stunts Like That Will Not Be Tolerated In The Future." Mechanica closed her burning red eyes, sighing. "It Is For The Sake Of You And Others. What If You Were Scrapped In Battle And That Special Core Was Damaged? Or, Even Worse, Lost To The Enemy? Do You Know What Others Can Do With Our Technology?"

"Well to put it simply, I tried to eradicate a whole species with one bomb." he sighs as he folded his arm as his bunny ear antenna lowers itself he wasn't really phased by her anger because he stood by his actions and held his ground against judgment.

"This core is telling me to do a lot more than stand inside this metal prison and protect the people, I got out there and did what no one else would in this time of crisis, I didn't hide behind these walls and knelt down to forces below me, I got up and put my life on the line, in case you didn't know, I have a backup plan in case I ever get caught by the enemy." he stated as he folds his mask up, "I say my goodbyes and blow myself sky high therefore no enemy can use me against my own people, so your welcome for sticking up and making the hard decisions, Everyone back to your posts, help the civilians get back to their cycle if the request assistance." he sighs and looks back at the screen, "One more thing, and I mean this with all the respect I have, face me in person if you wish to get upset at me as if I am a child and stood hiding behind your walls.", Bold words for a Serivceman unit to say to his overlord.

Ares sighs, "Good day to you ma'am." he turns away and walks off as he slides his mask back down and perks his antenna back up

Mechanica's eyes flashed red again, and so did the rest of the Servicemen and Servicemaids in the area, who immediately blocked off the exit to the tower, which was a spiral staircase. "Your Life Is NOT Expendable!" Mechanica finally said, raising her voice and standing to her feet. "You May Deem It Heroic To Act Out Of Turn Because The Mission Can Get Accomplished, But Where Does That Leave You For Future Missions?" Mechanica really wanted Ares to think hard about what he was doing, and not simply act on impulse. The wires connecting Mechanica stripped themselves from her back, which closed up to create a normal backside. "I Also Did NOT Dismiss You," Mechanica added, taking swift steps forth toward Ares, "But If You Wish To Take On The One That Provides Literally Everything For Everyone Part Of This City -- Which Is Supposed To Act As A Unified Unit -- Then So Be It." Mechanica readied herself for combat.

"Besides," she said, raising up her elegant black claw-like hand to Ares, "I Haven't Had A Good Bout Myself In Ages." Mechanica had her own techniques and powers independent of the ability to create and control other Mechanica, and she was about to give Ares a live demonstration.

He looks at her and shook his head, "I am very expendable, LOOK AT WHAT I AM MADE OF!" he yelled as he grabs his arm and rips it off, "See, just metal organs and bolts, easily made." he growled as he shook his arm in front of her face and growled as he tossed it aside, "If it leaves me dead, then I am dead and I die knowing someone else will take my place." he stated as he looks at her and flicks his mask up.

"If you want a bout then so be it, kill me and show every one of your creations what you really are." he pulled his knife out of his thigh and readied himself even though he had one arm left he was determined to at least win, sorta?

Mechanica shook her head. "You Really Don't Understand The Meaning Of Life, Do You?" The fact that he thought himself expendable is what made him so, but Mechanica felt differently. "No One Is Truly Expendable, No Matter How Many Times They Can Be Repaired Or Replaced. You Will Not Die Here, But You Will Learn A Lesson." From Mechanica's wrists, chips were shot out that would drive themselves into the open ports on Ares' body and render him completely disabled should they make contact. A Servicemaid would pick up the arm and attempt to reattach it to his body all the while Mechanica attacked. "You Do Not Need That Core If You Will Not Treat It Properly. You Need To Be Downgraded To Be As Expendable As You Think You Are!"

He grunted and stumbled back for a second "Look at you, too afraid to actually let the other one fight, you know you might lose so you render the opponent useless before they even lay a hand on you." he looks over as his arm was reattached, he stepped back every few strikes that Mechanica hit him with, he spits out a small bit of blood and looks at her, "Alright fine if you say so." he throws his knife into the ground beside her foot and grabs his chest panel, "Try and stop me I dare you." he huffed and pulls one side open

"I'd Rather Not Damage The Hardware, If That Means Anything To You," Mechanica said with an emotionless tone, stepping forward slowly, stopping in between steps. "I Do Not Wish To Do This, But You Are Leaving Me No Choice." Mechanica had plans for that core of his, and though as a Serviceman he would become without free will, his core would retain such a property and also the memories of Ares. "Hold Still..." Mechanica insisted domineeringly, extending her hand and letting her fingers release finer extensible tips that were specifically used for safely and properly removing cores, "By The Time You Wake Up, Ares, You'll Be A New Mechanica..." This was Mechanica's mercy on him, for she understood what it was like to have a free will and yet still be inclined to operate as if she didn't. Her hand loomed closer and closer to Ares' core in his chest, ready to extract it.

He grunted as his eyes flickered lightly, "You had it once, didn't you." he reached down and grabs her arm, once those damned chips locked his joints he now had her there so he could speak freely, "You still have free will, but you choose to let others not, I know you hide it, I can tell." he grunted as he tried to stay awake and alive for the moment, "You hide your emotions, all your, hate, fear, joy, and love for the people you created all for what?" he asked as his grip slowly loosened from her arm, "I-i-i-i...I know you want the best for us Mechanica but please, let us all be happy and feel something for once like you had done som-" before he could finish his sentence he had shut off when the tips of her fingers reached the core.

Mechanica was silent and motionless, but not hesitant. "A Shame That You Did Not Understand My Love," she muttered, extracting the core, "... Perhaps Then You Would See Why Everyone Maintains Order." The Servicemen and Servicemaids would take Ares' old body and fit it with another one of their normalized Serviceman cores; those that were standard issue, even for the specialized units. "See To It That The New Unit Is Managed Well," Mechanica said as she gazed into the core of Ares, "... He'll Understand My Love When He Recognizes That I Did Not Destroy What Could Have Been Left Mangled Out In The Wilderness."

Soon after that happened, the Mechanica decided that since Ares wanted to be something different so badly that he acted out of turn, Mechanica, out of love, would give that to him in a new life. "... You Weren't Meant To Be A Serviceman..." she said lowly, eyeing the core, which reflected in her shiny black eyes, "... You Were Meant For Something More." She smiled softly. "And That Is What I Will Give You." She began to analyze the core, finding out what would be best fitting for the Mechanica that she was going to build to harness it -- what Ares wanted to be, and not what he had to be. "When You Wake Up," Mechanica said, her mechanical extensions from all over the tower already beginning to build as she spoke, "You Will Be What You've Always Wanted To Be, Ares."

From that point forth, Mechanica crafted Ares his new form to whatever the liking of the analyzed core was. He would be the Mechanica he wanted and still maintain his free will and memories -- all a mercy of Mechanica and show of her love. "Maybe Now You Will Recognize What My Love Is," she said as the process went on.

The Core shines with a soft red glow as his frame and body were being put together, Ares' voice muffled through like radio chatter, "Unit-0012 codename: Ares reporting for duty." audio clips from his past muffled out as his frame was being finished up.

When it was done, Ares had a somewhat of the same design as his last one but without the shoulder-mounted lights and other serviceman accessories, some of his parts had been squared off and bulked up slightly, his mechanical functions whirred and buzzed slightly as he was placed on the ground, he stood up and opens his soft red eyes, "Ares is now active and ready." he smiled slightly as he now had two bunny ear antenna on the sides of his head instead of one (Kinda like chappie), he looks around, "Im surprised you didn't toss me in the furnace pits, Mechanica." he lifted his leg and tested his leg joints and such.

"To be honest, I had loved being a serviceman for you, but it wasn't the way I had hoped." he stretched his arms and shook his head, "I would like to be guardian to you, but if it's too much, I can stick with city defender." he folded his arms slightly as he had a dark green and black paint job and his backpack resembling somewhat of a heavy cannon armament, he was now built more for assault based over standard serviceman style

Mechanica's eyes were kept on Ares as he came to, a pleasant smile on her face after she heard him speak his sentiments. "... Ares..." Mechanica said, adding the finishing touches, "... Do You Think I Don't Love My Own People?" Mechanica may have made them all, as she was a mass-production factory for Mechanica, but she did love them all. The ones that stayed and the ones that went. "You, Even At Your Previous Rank, Were Someone I Loved." Her head spun to the side slowly as she raised an arm, "Just Like All Of The Other Mechanica That Do Their Business Every Day." She placed a hand on his shoulder, facing him again, "I Don't Want To Lose Any Of My Precious Ones, Especially The Ones Who Bear Free Will." Releasing his shoulder, Mechanica placed her hands in her lap and closed her eyes, a smile still on her face. "I Would Love If You Would Serve As My Personal Guardian, Ares. I Have Made You With My Own Hands, And Not Through The Factory, Like The Others. I Did That For You." Mechanica wasn't as cold and heartless as she looked on the outside... She was actually quite warm and endearing. "So Don't Go Saying Things Like 'I Don't Love You'... Or Any Of The Mechanica Around Here." The Servicemen saluted on cue and the Servicemaids bowed slightly. "Please. Go About Your Business, Soldier. We Have Cargo To Ship."

The mechanical city started to whir again as the Mechanica all came out from their places again and began to load cargo, then ship them into the futuristic city that they were docked beside.

"Yes Ma'am, I understand now." he smiled a bit and grabs her hand lightly, "Thank you for smiling for me." he nodded as he gently kisses her hand and slowly lowers he looks around the room and nodded as he adjusted himself, "If it is okay with you I am going to go back to my previous station, collect my armaments and then proceed to watch over the status of the cargo shipping, i will return to you by sunset." he nodded as his antenna ears perk up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back