• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Mealstrom's search for semi lit to adv. lit - romance, adventure, modern, sci-fi, superhero (MxF)

Maelstrom

The man in technicolor black
Hi, I'm Maelstrom, and I'm an aspiring writer. I'm working on my second book (first one I abandoned), with several years of experience with online roleplaying and writing in general. With that said I am fairly relaxed when it comes to your level of writing, but I do want some attention to your posts. No one liners, always third person past tense, no huge glaring grammar/spelling mistakes (we're only human though), a few paragraphs (depending on how much we have to react to—one is fine if a quick moment or response to dialogue)— give me descriptions, emotions, try to show and not tell (I'm still working on this though). I also want you to help me brainstorm and move the story forward—I will do the same of course.

I'm looking for partners to play female roles, against my male role—because I like to include at least a bit of romance into my plots, if not be the focus. When I say romance, I love romance with conflict. Something that keeps them apart, ideally status, or situation—like forbidden romance, star-crossed lovers, etc. So even if you don't see anything you like below, if you have an idea that would fall into that sort of conflict, send me a PM. Who knows, I may be interested.

As for genres, I love mostly sci-fi, modern (if romance), western, and occasionally fantasy or period pieces... but I love anything if it's the right story.

Aces (craving)
Star Wars or Sci-Fi, action, adventure, romance, original characters

I've been craving a plot centered around two pilots, who are on the same side, but maybe don't get along—at least at first. There are multiple ways to approach this, and it can be within the star wars universe or in our own. Perhaps two pilots escape the attack on Hoth, and they jump to the coordinates where they're supposed to rendezvous with the other rebel pilots, but they find they're the only ones there—and now they must work together to find the rebels. Or it could be two new pilots who join up with a carrier ship, and it's simply about their adventures. Either way, I want dogfights, adventure, and a bit of romance and drama.

The Death of a Superhero (really craving)
Female x Male Superheroes, best friend x younger sister, modern, gritty/dark, original characters/setting, action, romance

The city needed a hero, and one came out of the shadows. The hero, along with his sidekick (MC), were a menace to the criminals, and loved by the people. In real life they were best friends, and practiced at the same dojo together. MC was from a rougher part of the city, trailer parks and gangs. The hero however was from a rich family, able to afford all kinds of cool tech and gear. The hero also had a younger sister (YC) who also goes to their dojo, and there were always sparks between YC and MC... but nothing came of it.

The duo put away a lot of criminals, but the corrupt justice department would let them go shortly after, to terrorize the city once again. MC got sick of it, and one day killed one of the repeat offenders, a man who did terrible things (like kidnapping children). The hero said MC took it too far, and they got into a big fight, both verbally and physically. Finally, MC got fed up with being his sidekick and his friend, and left the city.

Now in a new city, MC took on a new identity. He was known for being brutal, breaking bones, throwing people off rooftops, but only to those who deserved it. He rarely killed, but he did it for the worst of the worst.

One day, while out of costume and in broad daylight, the Hero is killed by an assassin. MC goes back home to attend the funeral, and decides to stay to figure out who killed his former friend. There MC rekindles what was once there with his friend's little sister, YC.

YC is also devastated. Being a member of the same dojo, she knows how to fight. She also stumbles (somehow) onto her brother's secret lair while going through his things. She decides to use his gadgets and resources to craft her own unique superhero.

MC and YC meet up in real life, and on the rooftops, not knowing about each other's alter egos. They decide to work together (perhaps reluctantly) to find the Hero's killer. Do sparks fly? Can she convince him to give up killing and his brutal ways? Does the killer come after him?

For this story we could include superpowers, but I think just fight training is best for it, considering she just takes up the mantle without any prior powers.

The Tango of Two Masks
Secret identities, original characters/settings, forbidden romance

Catwoman and Batman, Blackcat and Spider Man, Ten and Batman (Beyond)... all classic pairings of a straight edged male superhero, and a female criminal who tests his resolve. I want something like that, but with original characters and in an original setting. YC needs to be vivacious, and flirtatious, always testing him, always pushing his buttons. She could be a pure criminal, or someone on the edge, always in the grey. They could know each other in real life, and on the rooftops. How well they know each other, and if they know their true identities, can be up for discussion. This one can involve powers if you wish. This is far more open for ideas.

Best Friends (not craving too much - give me a twist)
Modern Romance

Can women and men be friends? Without emotions coming into play? MC and YC thought so. They've been friends for a long long time. They grew up together, and were like brother and sister. Everyone thought they would get together one day, but they always laughed it off, thinking it would be weird. As they get older, and hormones come into play, things change. Perhaps one starts to have a crush on the other, but the other is in a relationship. Maybe the other gets jealous when one of them starts getting attention from someone else. Either way, some sort of turmoil happens, and they have a falling out, and one or both move away.

Jump ahead a few years, and maybe she's become a famous singer, and he's still just a regular guy. What happens when she comes back home to get away from it all? What happens when they meet up again, and find they can easily go back to being friends. What happens when old feelings come back? Their lives are so different now though, how could they possibly make it work?

The Older Woman
Modern Romance, Forbidden

A twist on the usual older man x younger woman pairings—I've always wanted to do an older woman x younger man roleplay. How much of an age gap is up for discussion (need min 10-15 years, ideally more), but she can be his teacher/professor, his neighbor, a friend of his parents, or any idea you might have. How they get together, and what could be driving them apart, this can be brainstormed. But I don't want my character to be the only 'pursuer' if you would.

Pairings without plot
These pairings can easily be stereotypes, but let's build something with depth...
(my character underlined)

Good boy x bad girl
Geeky guy x popular girl
Lonely owner x nekogirl/pet
Moral x criminal

If any of the above interests you, or you have an idea you think I might like, feel free to PM me! Don't post below please.

And if you send me a PM, please make it more than "I'd love to RP." Tell me what you like, maybe an idea for your character or the story, even a face claim. Just give me something more to show you won't be expecting me to provide everything.

Last edited:
Yes

If any of the above interests you, or you have an idea you think I might like, feel free to PM me! Don't post below please.

And if you send me a PM, please make it more than "I'd love to RP." Tell me what you like, maybe an idea for your character or the story, even a face claim. Just give me something more to show you won't be expecting me to provide everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back