• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Mass Effect: Tales from the Citadel

DiamondJack

Most Call Me Jack
This is something I have been wanting to do for a while. The Mass Effect universe is a favorite of mine and I feel that a more small scale story about the daily lives of the residents of the Citadel. Your character could be a street rat, a shop owner, a small time criminal, or even a politician. The Citadel is your oyster. Timeline wise I was thinking during Mass Effect 2.

A character thread And...

A main thread

If only it were. Game wrapped after about a month. If the showrunner wanted to restart it, I suspect he'd find himself with players again but I don't think he's logged in since February.

No luck yet...
But I already know for sure, that if I start one, it won't find enough people.

Honestly, the reoccurring key to RP success is this: Have a story that gets you excited and be willing to run the world.

Sandbox is fine but player interest flags and RPs die. Trying to run a non-sandbox game without a story or plot you aren't excited about stalls the host, they stop posting and the RPs die. And the third option is somewhere in between where half of the interest checks on this site amount to the original poster effectively saying "I have this really cool concept and/or mental image of something I'd like to play a character in, who wants to make a character and join me?" without realizing that 95% of players just can't sustain interest or worldbuild with them.

Running the world is the persistently important part. Every game I've seen that has lasted past a few months had one thing in common; there was a single person who read every player's post and created reactions to it. A player character goes into a tavern? The host tells them what they find inside or, if the player felt like detailing it themselves, the host details how the NPCs react to (or act upon) the player character. A player wants to play someone with street skills and black market connections? The host makes a random thug sidle up to the player character at some point and say "Hey, nice to see you, heard about what you did over in x and z's freaking out about it, you better find cover tonight."

Think of a story you'd love to tell. Then be willing to describe more than just the opening scene. Have NPCs who get in PC faces or NPCs who are wowed by the PCs or have a news story everyone sees be the hook to investigate something down at the docks or have a player character who was nearly killed by a Spectre find out that Spectre's here on the same station with them.

If you can do those things, you can get any RP on its feet and have it go the distance.

New character thread

And a new main thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back