• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Marvel Universe (Closed)

Maeve shook her head a bit "I didn't say you were a child. I simply said you act like one" she shrugged her shoulders before he went on about what he did again and how a child couldn't do such a think. It wasn't his reference of a child that bothered her, but how he carelessly talked about what he did with zero remorse. She frowned a bit and shook her head a bit "Well, you certainly failed like a child would" she snapped back at him sharply.

As Loki silently listened to his mother again, before sarcastically thanking her and telling her to leave, she smirked a bit as she tilted her head as she looked to him "So soon? But I only just got here. And I thought you were really starting to enjoy my visit too" she responded back just as sarcastically.

~

As he moved to sit on the edge of his bed, kicking a few messy things out of sight when Hailey wasn't looking, he relaxed a little bit when she seemed find with his aunt, as embarrassing as she could be, and he smiled a bit with a nod "She is, she's an amazing woman."

Before long, dinner was soon ready and he got up to head to the table with her, before blushing slightly at her comment, and just keeping his mouth shut in embarrassment as he didn't say anything in turn about that. Moving to sit down at the table, he thanked his aunt as she set the food and plates down on the table. Glancing around the apartment, it was very simple and quaint. Oddly, there were some pictures that while they were still out, were turned down, those being of Peter's uncle, whom the two of them still mourned his recent death, May most of all, which is why the pictured were turned over, as they were too painful to look at, yet unable to be just put away or anything.

Hailey wandered out of the room with Peter at her side and into the kitchen before taking a seat at the table. It smelled wonderful and Hailey thought it was safe to assume that she was a good cook. Her mother never really cooked a whole lot for her, usually because of work or because she had a date and couldn't be bothered with her daughter during times like those. It was refreshing to see someone actually caring for their child.

Hailey would never admit it but the reason she never had a boyfriend was because she had abandonment issues. When she was 3 she was taken from her home in Russia because they found that her parents were abusing her in ways that people couldn't even imagine. Her father was the ring leader and preformed different experiments on her and though she didn't remember any of it, she assumed that's where her abilities came from. Unfortunately she then got stuck with a family who couldn't be bothered with her. They never neglected her as she always had something to eat and such but rarely did she ever get the attention that she required.
~
Loki looked at her angrily but did his best to hold his tongue. He didn't like to admit failure to himself as he saw it as a sign of weakness, let alone to other people. He always tried to come up with a plan that would help him regain control though at this stage of the game that would be very difficult.

"Why don't you go back and see my brother or your new pathetic mortal friends?" he asked with a roll of his eyes, "I'm sure you would enjoy their company more than my own." He really just wanted to get her off his back. He was rather angry at his mother for bringing her here but like everything else his mother probably had a reason for doing so.

Maeve noticed the anger in Loki's face as he glared at her, and knew that she was getting on his nerves. She didn't care though, unless Frigga asked her to stop or leave then, then Maeve would respect the Queen's wishes of course. She knew reminding Loki he failed was irritating to him, but well, it's not like he could deny it or anything.

As he continued to bitterly speak and try to get her to leave, she raised a brow at his comment of Thor, and the humans "I'd like to remind you that it was those 'pathetic' mortals that beat you, Loki. What exactly would that make you then?" she chided as she crossed her arms over her chest as he spoke of her enjoying their company more than his own. "While I in no way like you, I'll admit you're far more interesting company. You intrigue me, really" she commented.

~

As Peter headed to the kitchen table with Hailey, he sat down as his aunt brought out the food for them. Peter motioned for Hailey to help herself first, while May asked if Hailey wanted anything to drink, listing off whatever options they had before getting it for her. Aunt May was actually quite excited to meet another friend of Peters who wasn't Ned. Not that she didn't like Ned, of course, but she was glad to see there were other people Peter hung out with.

As May sat back down at the table, she smiled to Hailey "It's so nice to meet another friend of Peter's" May spoke up with a pleased smile "Peter can be a pretty big introvert sometimes, so I'm glad to see that he's making more friends outside of just Ned and a few others" she commented while Peter internally groaned at his Aunt, just shooting her a look, but the woman continued, wanting to know more about Hailey, but not being to invasive, just the normal questions "So how do you two know each other? Do you have a class together or something?"

Hailey smiled at her as she spoke up. She asked for a cup of water particularly because if she got anything else she figured it wouldn't necessarily help her hangover. She was feeling much better but still she didn't want to risk it. She thanked his aunt when she set the glass down before her. "Um Peter and I are in the same English class," she said though she knew full well that she didn't really start talking to him before the attack on New York.

She wasn't sure what drew her to Peter. Perhaps it was his perky attitude or maybe it was just that she felt he was more genuine than any of her other friends. "I've heard Peter was something of a genius when it came to chemistry so I asked if he could help me study," she replied, "That's the only class that I could try and do a little better in." Hailey was no star student and she knew that. She mostly got B's with a few A's and C's trailing behind. Her parents didn't mind though she just shrugged it off, but a D was pushing it.
~
Loki just rolled his eyes. He knew that his own brother and Maeve had a lot to do with the mortals finally catching him and putting him into custody but he had to admit that they were more powerful than he had originally given him credit for. He just rolled his eyes before looking at her. "I'm still a god," he replied, "And Midgard is lucky that they had those freaks to protect them or they would have been conquered, and you know that too."

He looked away from her and at the bare wall of his cell before he heard that she was intrigued by him. He rose a brow as he turned his gaze back to her. No one had ever said that before but he quickly shrugged it off. "So you see me as some kind of animal in a cage," he said rather sarcastically, "Wonderful."

Maeve smiled a bit in amusement when he commented how it was only because those human in particular were freaks "That's an interesting way to put it, considering that to them, we are the freaks" she pointed out "You should blame your lack of strength on others. Humans are interestingly a highly adaptable species, even to things unknown to them, such as us. Their far more formidable than many give them credit for" she commented.

It didn't surprise or phase her when he twisted her words around to say she was implying she viewed him as a caged animal. "I didn't say that. I wouldn't dare to animals the dishonor of being compared to as you" she stated as she really wasn't bothered by his sarcastic attitude. She had noticed the initial surprise from him to her words, but he shrugged it off and covered it with sarcasm, as she was learning was quite the habit of his to mask his emotions with sarcasm and sass.

~

Peter knew they obviously couldn't tell his aunt how exactly they had met, after all. Even though they knew of each other in their school before the avengers incident and everything, that was where they really started to talk to each other and become familiar. Even though he never told Hailey specifically that his Aunt didn't know about him and him being spider-man, he had implied he hadn't told anyone. So he was relieved when she just said they had english class together, and that's how they knew each other.

Peter nodded his head in agreement as he looked to his aunt. May accepted this answer, since she didn't know or suspect anything else since obviously there was no reason for her to. They continued dinner, May making casual conversation as she spoke with Peter and Hailey as they ate, and eventually started to finish up their meal.

Hailey was rather relieved when his aunt didn't push on to investigate further on how the two met. She didn't know if she knew about Peter's secret identity but it was safe to guess that she didn't. She seemed very over protective of him and she highly doubted that his aunt was alright with him risking his life on a daily basis, so she decided to just keep her mouth shut which proved to be effective.

She spoke to his aunt whenever she asked her questions and did her best to be as polite as possible. The food was actually really good. It was probably the best meal she had had in a while. After the meal she helped his aunt clean up before thanking her for the meal. She then walked back to Peter's room and sat on the chair by his desk. "She's really nice," she said with a smile, "And a very good cook I might add."
~
Loki scoffed at the idea that mortals were useful. "Oh please," he chided with a roll of his eyes, "They are about as useful as Thor." His mother gave him a warning glance. He knew that she loved both of her sons and he could hardly condemn his mother for that, but Thor had his father to watch his back; he didn't really need her too.

"Please any animal would be lucky to be as sophisticated, good looking, and as powerful as I am," he replied with a roll of his eyes. It did kind of sting though. Many Asgardians saw the Jotunheim people as nothing but animals, monsters even. He had been outraged when he found out who he really was because well...in some regard he was an animal compared to the Asgardians. He was different and many people around here didn't like things that were different.

Maeve didn't understand quite what it was that Loki seemed to have against the mortals of Misgard. Was it simply because he thought himself that much more than them? Or did he just hate everyone but himself? She shook her head a bit to herself "You really should stop thinking of people less or more. You said you wanted to be treated fairly, equally as others, and not less than anyone else, not even Thor. Then you need to reflect first, and treat others that same way you proclaim you wish to be treated. You will never be seen as an equal if you continue to consider others less than yourself."

Granted, Maeve herself already saw him as equal. She naturally considered everyone was equal, regardless of their race and species. Everyone was just trying to find their own happiness, and live their own life, nothing more, and nothing less. It was a common view for her kind that everyone, as well as everything, including animals and anywhere life could be found, were all equal.

~

While his Aunt was more embarrassing than Peter would prefer at the beginning of introductions and her first talking to Hailey, she eventually calmed down with the teasing and embarrassing of Peter, and held on normal, casual conversations. Peter was relieved that he was being spared, for the most part, and so dinner didn't end up being as awkward and uncomfortable as he had been worried it would be.

After dinner, he helped clean up the dishes really quickly, trying to assure Hailey that she didn't need to help. After, he headed back to his room - remembering to keep the door open. He didn't want it closed for any ill her perverse intentions, but more so, he just didn't want his Aunt popping in every five minutes. As they got settled in his room, he smiled a bit at Hailey's comments "yeah, she really is. She's great." As embarrassing as and over protective Aunt May could be, Peter loved everything she did and sacrificed for him.

Hailey smiled lightly before opening up her backpack and taking her books out. She set them lightly on the desk before turning to the proper page and look through a few pages of her notes. "So what do you do for fun?" she asked without really looking at him, "I mean besides homework and stuff like that." She knew that Peter had to go and do...well something. It would be too boring to just do homework or save the world all day.

Yesterday also told her that going out to parties or having social hour probably wasn't his idea of fun either, and since that was all she really every did, well...it made her curious about what else was out there. "I mean...you and Ned what do you guys do on the weekends and stuff like that?" she asked as she began to page through her book.
~
"There's a lot of reasons other than that as to why I will never be seen as an equal," he replied flatly. He didn't see getting into details as necessary. He barely knew this woman and with any luck he would never have to see her again, so why start telling his life story now? Seemed like kind of a waste in his mind.

"Besides I hardly believe that you don't look down on anyone. Every world has their views on who is worthwhile and who is worthless. So please don't sit here and lecture me about how I should be treating everyone as an equal when no one but my mother has treated me as anything close to an equal," he said as he looked at her, "Do the 9 realms a favor and stop inflicting your opinion upon them. Trust me many will thank you for it."

Maeve sighed a bit at his hypocritical he was sounding, and just shook her head a bit "I never said that was the only reason. But it would be wise to, how do the humans put it....put your foot where your mouth is? If you wish to be equal, stop looking down on others before you know anything about them. I'm not trying to have others believe the same way I do, I know that is very unlikely. People hate, people act out; I won't deny that I do the same. But to assume something of someone and treat them a certain way before knowing them, that simply isn't fair" she said before looking to him "But I suppose you'd know quite a few things about how life is not fair."

As he told her to stop inflicting her opinion on the other realms, she smiled a bit "Do you even listen to what you say sometimes? You ask of me something in which everyone does. Doesn't everyone wish for others to views things the same way as themselves? It certainly would make life a lot easier - there'd be no wars, no fighting, no unnecessary deaths...things would be a lot more peaceful. But of course that's never going to happen. You yourself have done the same thing - inflicting your power on others, wanting them to believe you're their god. Everyone wants people to think the same as themselves, so do not act like I act different than you, or anyone else."

~

As Peter moved to sit on his bed, he sifted through his own book-bag and grabbed his chemistry book and notes, feeling like they would probably be helpful and needed at some point considering that that's what they were going to be studying and everything. As they were getting their notes together and everything, he heard her question, asking him about what he did other than study and be a superhero.

"Oh uh..." he trailed off awkwardly, figuring his response wouldn't seem all that 'fun' and interesting to her. But he figured he may as well tell the truth, even if it only further proved how much of a recluse and nerd he was. "Well um...I play a lot of video games...so usually that, and playing online with Ned..." he shrugged his shoulders lightly, knowing that probably wasn't that interesting of a response to her, but it's what he usually did otherwise.

Hailey smiled slightly and shook her head. It was clear that he didn't get out very much but one thing did stick out to her. He certainly wasn't lying. She was used to guys trying to impress her and coming up with ridiculous stories of what they had done that weekend when in reality they sat at home and did nothing. It was a little refreshing to know that he didn't want to lie to her.

"That makes me feel a bit bad," she said as she smiled at him, "I'm sure yesterday night was not fun for you at all. You know, Peter, you didn't have to go." She had known he wasn't a social butterfly but she didn't know if that was by his own doing or if he just never got invited to anything. "I invited you so you guys could...I don't know...hang out and just relax, but I don't think that really worked the more I think about it," she added on, "I mean I know why I like it, but I should have probably guessed that wasn't the same case for you."
~
Loki rolled his eyes but kept his mouth shut. He didn't want to do this with her anymore. He had had enough judgement for one day between his father and the rest of the Asgardians. He didn't need her smart mouth responses.

"I don't need to justify anything to you," he snapped, "I don't want to speak to you any longer. I don't appreciate you telling me what I should be thinking or feeling when you don't know anything about my life and what happened to me." With that he averted his gaze away from her and refused to look back. Frigga sighed and shook her head before looking at Maeve. "Perhaps we should go," she said gently.

She could tell Loki was really starting to have enough of hearing from her. She didn't know if that's just because how he was with most everyone, or if it was because maybe he knew the things she spoke made sense, and were true, for the most part maybe. Hearing him wish her to really leave now, she nodded her head lightly as she glanced to Frigga when she spoke of them leaving.

Glancing back at Loki who refused to look at them, she nodded to him "I'll leave then. Perhaps it may mean nothing to you coming from me, but I do wish you take care" she spoke, before turning and leaving down the hall with Frigga. She honestly didn't know what to make of Loki. She would admit though she didn't know enough about him to really know what to think, but after today, and the interactions with him and his family, she felt she had a slightly better view than she did before, at least.

~

When she said she felt bad, at first, Peter thought that she was talking about him, and not what she had done by trying to encourage him and Ned to come to her party. He thought that she was saying she felt bad for them, and trying to imply they led such boring, dull, and uninteresting lives that she had just felt bad for them for living that way.

But as she spoke more he realized that wasn't the case, and he smiled a bit awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck as he shook his head "It's okay, you don't have to feel bad. After all, I made the choice to come. I uh...well, Ned and I don't hang out with any of those people, so that's kinda why it just made it more awkward there for us...but we really did appreciate you inviting us. I just....erm, well, since you invited us, I felt it rude if we didn't at least stop by....and well, I guess...i wanted to see you too" he mumbled awkwardly under his breath "anyways, we should try and get some studying done, right? What are you doing in class right now?" he asked as he tried to change the subject from what he had just said.

Hailey smiled slightly as he spoke. She felt a bit guilty for making him feel as though he had to go to the party but at the same time she kind wanted to see him too. But just as a friend. Right? Well she felt like she had a lot in common with him and he was really sweet so that was a nice touch as well. But she didn't...like him like that. No of course not.

She smiled slightly when Peter noted that he wanted to see her. She could tell he was embarrassed by how quickly he changed to the subject. "Um...oh right. I think we are doing...gas laws or something like that. Ugh I don't know it's all the same to me."
~
Loki refused to ignore her as best he could and he took her words very lightly. He didn't need anyone else being overly critical. He already had that in his life; he didn't need anymore.

Frigga was a bit annoyed with her son and the way he treating their guest. He knew better than that and he was smart enough to know why she had brought the young woman to meet him. And yet he was still rejecting her. She let out a sigh and shook her head as she led Maeve upstairs. "I'm sorry for his behavior," she said gently.

After leaving from in front of the cell Loki was held in, she walked down the hall with Frigga. This time walking by she no longer payed any mind to the other prisoners locked up in their cells. Most of them were together in groups, Loki was special and had a cell to himself; though for several obvious reasons.

As she walked, she smiled a bit hearing Frigga apologize for his behavior, and she shook her head "You needn't apologize. I had pretty much expected it. It doesn't bother me" she assured the kind woman as they left the dungeons, heading back to the main room where everyone had pretty much finishing eating by now. She knew she should probably get going back to her own world soon - the purpose of her visit was through with, and her stay was limited.

~

As Peter was quick to change the topic and to embarrassed to focus on what he just blurted out, let alone have Hailey continue to focus on it, he quickly changed the topic to why she was here in the first place, and that was so she could study and Peter could help tutor her in whatever she was struggling with in chemistry - or all of it.

As she went along with him he nodded a bit as he leaned over from where he sat on the edge of the bed, looking at the desk and the notes and pages of her book that she had opened. Getting an idea for where she was in the class, he nodded a bit and asked her what she was having trouble with, if there were specific things. He then began to break the understanding of it down to the best of his ability, going over it from the beginning and starting over with what she didn't understand from class.

Hailey did her best to try and focus on chemistry but it was just so boring. How could Peter like this kind of stuff? She hardly understood any of it and wondered why people wanted to waste their time studying things like this when they could be out having a good time.

They worked for a while before she couldn't look at the stuff anymore. She leaned back against her chair before looking over at Peter. "My brain is officially dead," she remarked as she smiled and closed her book, "I don't know how you do it. Look at this stuff all day I mean. I would lose my mind."
~
Frigga smiled and shook her head. "You are smarter than I then," she replied, "I thought he would at least speak to you without insulting your character. Then again it has been a long day for the both of you, so I'm not sure what all I expected."

She walked back up the stairs to the main level of the castle. She had dreamed of a better life for her son. In another life she saw Loki getting married and having a family of his own instead of obsessing over ruling a kingdom. A part of her wished she would have given him to someone else once she saw how Odin was treating him but another part of her was selfish and wanted her son at home where he belonged. It was difficult to decide between the two.

Maeve smiled a bit and shook her head "My words weren't exactly what he wanted to hear either, so it's only fair he treat me harshly in return. It doesn't bother me" she spoke as they headed back through the castle and to the main floor. She wished she could understand Loki better. Not particularly because she cared about him personally or anything, but Loki was like a puzzle to her. She could see there seemed to be so much good inside of him, but he was too full of vengeance and rage for any of that good to show.

She shook her head to herself a bit, knowing there was no reason for her to be worrying too much about these things. Loki deserved to be imprisoned, he'd done terrible things, took many lives. Yet part of Maeve couldn't help but feel he needed help more than punishment. He was good at hiding it, but Maeve could tell Loki was suffering...and seemed to have been for quite a long time.

~

When Hailey had previously warned him that he was going to have his work cut out for him tutoring her and trying to help her with chemistry....she wasn't wrong. Peter struggled at first himself with trying to get her to comprehend a few things - some things that to him, he thought were pretty easy and basic. He noticed everything seemed hard though, so since he was sure they'd have plenty more nights to study, he broke it down and got as absolutely simplistic as possible, and instead of focusing on all the steps and processes, he focused on one for that night.

As she leaned back, looking exhausted, he chuckled a bit and smiled "So you're saying your brain dead? I think we'd have a lot more problems on our hands than chemistry if that was true" he smiled, making a joke, though it came out rather dorky as it was a nerdy and technical sort of joke.

"Oh please," she said with a smirk, "You're too smart for me. Besides I would rather be brain dead than do anymore chemistry." She shook her head and got up from the chair and stretched a bit. She couldn't take anymore school. She needed to do something fun.

"Anyway I can't look at this stuff anymore," she said as she started putting her stuff in her backpack. She thought for a moment about what she wanted to do as she really wasn't ready to go home quite yet. "You want to do something?" she asked with a tilt of her head, "Ya know like get some ice cream?"
~
"I still don't believe he should have acted like that," she replied, "He should know how to deal with things in a bit more of mature manner." She desperately wanted Loki to show everyone what he was capable of but any time someone questioned him he became highly immature.

"Well either way I appreciate your help," she said gently, "I don't want to keep you any longer than I must. I'm sure you have much more important matters to attend to than dealing with our family drama but thank you for putting up with it for as long as you have."

Maeve couldn't exactly argue with Frigga there. Loki certainly was childish and immature - it's one of the things that lead to the circumstances he was currently in now. But Maeve was pretty tough so she wasn't upset by the way Loki spoke to her. Perhaps a bit disappointed, since part of her did wish better for him.

As Frigga thanked her again, Maeve smiled lightly "I'm not sure how much you should thank me. I do not think I really did that much to help. I wish I could have done more for Loki though....this isn't quite the outcome I had hoped for, for him" she said with a slight sigh. She hoped Loki having Frigga there for him would help him...but the warmth Frigga could provide Loki was greatly outnumbered by many haters, including his own father. After saying goodbye to Frigga, Maeve headed back towards the rainbow bridge.

~

Peter just smiled a bit and shook his head "But if you were brain dead you wouldn't be able to have any more parties" he added a bit jokingly as he moved away from the desk, stretching his own muscles out a bit as he collected his own chemistry notes and books, putting them away for later and when he would next use them.

When she mentioned doing something, he looked at her in confusion, before she suggested ice cream. It would be getting dark soon and he knew his aunt wouldn't want him out too late...but he also didn't want to turn it down. He smiled and nodded his head a bit "Yeah....yeah sure, that sounds good. And I'll walk you home after" he suggested as he got up from his bed, knowing his aunt wouldn't have any complaints when he said he was going to take Hailey home.

Hailey smiled at him slightly before rolling her eyes. "Well I suppose that's true," she replied, "But maybe that would be for the best. Anymore of those and I may have to go check myself into the hospital for alcohol poisoning." She brushed her hair back over her shoulder before taking a seat on his bed.

"I've got a car, Peter," she said with a smile, "I can just drop you back off here if you want. Besides I don't think you should be walking around Queens after dark. You might run into weirdos in red and blue skin tight suits." She was teasing him of course but she would actually feel pretty guilty if something happened to him on the way back to his apartment.
~
Frigga smiled slightly and shook her head. "You offered him compassion," she said gently, "That is the best thing you can offer anyone." She bowed her head to Maeve respectfully before taking her back to the bridge. "Have a safe trip back," she said, "And if you ever need anything from us please don't hesitate to come speak to me. It would be my pleasure."

Frigga watched as the elf left to go speak to Heimdel about returning home before going back to see the rest of her family. She did her best to avoid her husband but she did hang around for awhile. After all, he was her son as well.

Maeve couldn't help but smile a bit at Frigga's kind and thankful words to her, even if Maeve felt they weren't needed. She didn't say anymore though as she just nodded her head lightly "Thank you, i appreciate your kindness..." she said with a smile before nodding "Thank you, you highness. I'm glad I could help, even if a little. And the same goes for you, shall you need anything, I'd be more than happy to do what I can" she spoke to the woman, before they departed ways.

Maeve headed down the rainbow bridge, where she eventually reached Heimdel and smiled to him "Hello Heimdel" she greeted, since due to how much Maeve traveled, she had become familiar with the gatekeeper "Whenever you're ready, I am" she spoke, before she soon departed back home to Alfheim.

~

Even though she was joking, Peter didn't seem to find it all that funny when she mentioned alcohol poisoning, and looked to her a bit worriedly "You uh....you don't drink that much really, do you? I um...I mean, do you drink a lot, all the time?" he asked a bit worriedly for her health and safety.

When she mentioned she had a car, he blinked a bit. Right, popular, well off family...Smiling a bit awkwardly, he nodded "Ah, right....well, how about we just tell my aunt that still? She doesn't like me going out late if it's not really needed. She worries. A bit too much, sometimes. But she means well" he said with a shrug of his shoulders. Hearing her joke though about such weirdos, he rolled his eyes with a chuckles "Yeah, I'd hate to run into someone like the Mirage" he joked back a bit.

Hailey looked back at him when he asked about her drinking. She had to admit, ever since her parents got a divorce, well, she really hadn't been going down the right path. That happened in 6th grade and ever since then she just felt rather responsible for what had happened. She never saw her drinking as that big of a deal simply because all of her friends did it. "It's not that big of a deal, Peter," she replied, "Besides most of my friends have had alcohol poisoning too. It's not that bad."

That was a lie and she knew it. It was. As but as a teenager Hailey saw herself as rather invincible. "Come on," she said with a smile as she grabbed her keys and her backpack before heading out.
~
Loki spent the next few weeks with no visitors. His father had forbidden his mother from seeing him until he started showing him a bit of respect and realistically everyone knew it was going to be a while before Odin's youngest son started trusting him.

However, Frigga was just as smart if not smarter than Loki so she was able to devise a plan. Odin had requested that Thor and Maeve start a courtship to get their realms to work together a bit more. Frigga implied this would be a wonderful idea as she did like the young woman but also because she knew her husband would be so enthralled in Thor's endeavors that he wouldn't be as concerned with and she would be able to see her youngest son.

A few weeks had passed but Maeve had ended up getting an invitation to Asgard. She was confused at first, and simply because of her most recent associations with the realm, she figured it again had something to do with Loki. It turned out though that it had nothing to do with him, and she'd lately been getting more invitations to visit Asgard.

While she was never told the underlying intentions of the visits other than whatever reasoning she was given, such as wishing to give a proper thanks to her for her help regarding Loki's case, or celebrating things that may have happened positively through their realms. She didn't need to be told Odin's intentions, but she wasn't stupid. However she still would visit when requested - as, even though she was of another realm, it was still a bit tricky to just outright deny the king of Asgard without a proper reasoning, of which she had none.

~

When he had asked her about her drinking, Peter wasn't expecting a bad response. He was mostly asking out of worry, but part of him didn't think that Hailey could have any sort of problem with alcohol or anything. And she didn't, really. But the way she responded so casually about it did worry him, the way she spoke of her friends getting alcohol poisoning before, and like it was a normal thing to happen.

He sighed a bit shaking his head as he headed out with Hailey after letting his Aunt know, and getting in the car with her "I don't think you should brush it off just like that. I mean I know you don't have an issue with it or anything, I'm not trying to say that, I promise. But I think it should just be taken a bit more seriously, that's all..."

The two said goodbye to his aunt and proceeded to head down to the parking lot where she had parked her car. She went to the driver's side of the car and opened up the door before pausing when she heard Peter voice his concerns.

She paused slightly before opening the car door. "Peter, I know some of this might be new to you but I promise I've got this under control. I don't drink anymore than my friends do. I'm not addicted to that stuff its just...a nice way of forgetting about my problems.
~
Frigga invited Maeve back to the palace and managed to sneak down and tell Loki what was going on. He was a bit more upset than Frigga had expected though she figured it may just be jealousy that Thor was going on with his life he wasn't. She could only stay for a few minutes before she realized that Odin was probably already looking for her.

Thor waited for Maeve at the rainbow bridge. He had debated on whether or not tell her his true intentions because he had to admit that it sounded a bit weird. Instead he just smiled when he saw her like did on the day of Loki's trial. "Welcome back," he said with a smile, "I'm happy to see you again."

As Maeve arrived back in Asgard, she greeted Heimdel politely just like before before she smiled to Thor, greeting him as well as she stepped onto the rainbow bridge where he had waited to greet her arrival "Is that so? That's refreshing to hear. After last time I was here and joined your family for dinner, I wasn't sure you or your father would be interested in seeing me again" she said with an amused smile, since she had gotten a bit upfront with Odin last time, regarding Loki.

As she walked down the long bridge with Thor, she couldn't help but think of his brother and ask "How is Loki doing?" she asked, having thought that since he was the reason for her coming to Asgard last time, that this might have something to do with him again. She also assumed that with the weeks that had passed, his own brother would have been to visit him by now, at least once. Odin she wasn't so sure about, but she felt Thor still cared about his brother.

~

As Peter got in the car once following Hailey and finding out which one was hers, and her promptly unlocking it where he then moved to get in the passengers side, he voiced his concerns regarding her use of alcohol. Well, not so much her use of it - he didn't worry she was being reckless or anything regarding it. But more so he just worried she didn't realize how bad some consequences could be.

He didn't want to be too invasive or anything or push too much though, so he just smiled a bit, and gave a short nod to her, accepting her answer "Right....alright, then" he agreed as he glanced back out the window of the car "So where did you have in mind for ice-cream? Was there someone in particular you were thinking of?" he asked curiously.

Hailey smiled slightly as Peter quickly changed the subject. She got into her car and started it up. It was fairly clean with the exception to a few receipts that were draped on the floor, but other than that it looked pretty neat. The car hummed to life and she strapped her seatbelt on before leaning back against her seat. "Um...," she started before starting to look around, "I know a pretty good place that sells shakes and sundaes? We can try that?"
She was actually starting to enjoy Peter's company. He actually seemed genuinely concerned about her and that was a rarity in her life. She had contemplated moving to California with her dad to start fresh and such but then again she wouldn't know anyone and her father would probably be more focused on his new family than on her. Hailey started to drive before figuring she'd make a bit of small talk. "So what do you want to do after high school?"
~
Thor smiled as she approached. He also still wasn't sure if he liked her in that way. This was more of his father's doing than anyone else's. Though it was rather surprising when, his mother agreed to all of this. She was usually more protective of her sons than Odin was. But then again, he figured that his mother didn't feel guarded when it came to Maeve. She was a very nice girl and he didn't really think there was anything to worry about.

"Still as sassy as ever," he replied when she asked how his brother was doing, "My mother had some people send some books and such down there for him so that appeased him. He likes things like that unlike myself." It was no secret that Thor was not a brainiac like his little brother, and it was also no surprise that Thor didn't want to be a brainiac. He preferred to be the tough and strong older brother that he had become over the years.

Maeve raised a brow when he called her sassy, but she let it go. Not that she minded being called it, since she knew she certainly could be sometimes, but she hadn't thought she'd been so much around Thor. After asking about Loki, she listened to him explain how Frigga had sent books down for Loki to try and help keep him occupied, but Maeve got the impression that's all that had been in Loki's presence, was books.

She glanced to Thor curiously "Have you not gone to see him?" she asked, keeping her tone neutral and not trying to sound judgemental of Thor when she had asked that question. She knew Thor was greatly upset with Loki - as he should be, it only was logical - yet she thought he still might have wanted to see his own brother. Perhaps Thor wasn't as compassionate towards his brother as she had thought. She was also curious to his wording of Frigga having people send books for her to Loki, wondering why Frigga herself couldn't deliver them and implying she hadn't visited him either.

~

Pulling on his own seat-belt and clicking it in, he looked over to Hailey curiously as he asked her if there was a place in mind she wanted to go. He could probably come up with a suggestion or two if she didn't, but considering she was the one who had suggested they go out for some ice cream, he figured that she had a place in mind that she wanted to go to to get it.

Hearing her know a place he nodded his head in agreement "Sure, I'm not really picky so that sounds good to me" he said with a smile as he leaned back a bit more in his seat. Listening to her ask him what he wanted to do after high school, he paused a bit in thought "I'm not entirely sure yet. I definitely want to go to college...I'll probably end up in sciences just because....well, you know. But, I also really like photography, and photo developments, so maybe I'll do something with that..." he said before looking over at her "What about you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back