• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Marvel Universe (Closed)

She tilted her head and raised a brow "What makes you so sure? Thor was already long since interested in a human before I showed up" She pointed out but just shrugged her shoulders since the point of that conversation really didn't matter to her. There were other things far more interesting they could talk about.

She wasn't surprised when he said he didn't wish to talk about such sort of things with her, but she did huff a bit when he called her nosy. Although...it's not like it wasn't true. "Perhaps you're right. There's no need or reason for me to know. But I feel no one has truly listened to your side of the story before, and I'm offering to be that person" she said before shaking her head a bit "I'll leave if you really want me to. And if you really want, I won't come back either, though I was hoping I could. But it must be awfully lonely down here, surrounded by these idiots and barbarians and not a single person to visit" she pointed out.

~

Peter rolled his eyes a bit in amusement as she just said how it was a formality and she was driving him back regardless. He didn't mind though, he just hadn't wanted to be an inconvenience or anything to her. Sliding into the car once she unlocked it, he closed the door and strapped his seat belt "You do remember you're talking to Spider-man, right? I may be in-adept when it comes to socializing but I can take care of myself just fine" he huffed, frowning a bit since he felt like she viewed him as weak or something.

As they got back to his apartment complex, it really hadn't taken a long time, and as she thanked him, he smiled a bit with a not "Yeah of course, any time" he said with a smile as he moved to get out of the car "I know you hate it, but the more frequently we study and keep going over the material, the faster you'll grasp it" he suggested before waving "See you tomorrow" he said with a smile before closing the car door and heading off to his apartment.

Hailey smiled slightly and shook her head. "You are so stubborn," she said with a smile before driving off towards his apartment. When they arrived she unlocked the doors for him and nodded. "I know," she replied, "I don't like the material but I don't mind talking to you so maybe that will make it easier." She waved to him before pulling off and heading home. her mother wasn't back home yet though she would have been surprised if she would have been. She went upstairs and got ready for bed before finally heading off to sleep.

The next morning Ned came racing up to Peter and grabbed him before he could get to his locker. "You're never going to guess what happened to me this morning," he said quickly with a giant grin on his face, "Kacey asked me to go to the dance with her. Lacy is looking for a date too and I set you up with her!" He was so excited he could barely even think straight.
~
Loki rolled his eyes slightly. "And I suppose you're just a good Samaritan?" he asked rather sarcastically. Honestly, he thought his father was setting him up to just torture him a bit more. That was like Odin to do such a thing to someone like him. He couldn't do much else physically to him but he figured the next barrier Odin would try to break was his mental one and he was going to make that as difficult as possible.

He looked up when he heard her start to plead with him a bit and let out a sigh. It was true; he was lonely, but did that mean he needed to speak with someone like her? Not really but then again it wasn't like he had a line out the door of people to choose from. "What do you want to know?" he asked finally closing him book and giving her his attention. He would need to be careful about what he said though. If this was a trick he would need to pick and choose what to answer.

She shrugged her shoulder when he sarcastically commented her being a good Samaritan "I'm just me. What you see me as doesn't matter. You've told me before multiple times how I don't know anything, about you, or or family. What happened to you bothers me, but I can't form a proper opinion without knowing both sides. Perhaps I'm just nosy. Perhaps there's no point for me to know anything. But I want to understand what drove you to do the things you did. I don't think you're really a bad person Loki, regardless of what you want me to believe. What you did was wrong, yes, and you deserve to be punished for it. But the more I talk to Thor and Odin, I can't help but feel you've been a victim in all of this too. " she commented.

As she spoke of leaving and how she really would leave him alone if he wanted, she could tell part of him really was desperate for company. She smirked a bit when he put his book down and turned his attention to her more. She shrugged her shoulder a bit as she created a seat out of ice for herself as she sat down in front of his cell "Whatever you want to tell me. I'm not going to force you to tell me anything, but I would like to hear your side. We don't even have to talk about your family specifically, anything really" she shrugged her shoulders. She just wanted to know more about him, and she knew she would only get biases answers from Thor or Odin - they didn't even want to talk about Loki.

~

After saying goodbye to Hailey, Peter headed back inside. He went back to his room and cleaned up some of the notes and papers around the room that they had been using to study, before he paused, noticing Hailey's chemistry textbook she had seemed to forgotten. She'd already left though and it was too late to bring it to her, so he figured it could wait until tomorrow, after sending her a quick text. *You forgot your book here, I'll bring it to school tomorrow for you.*

The next day, Peter headed to school, with Hailey's book as well to give to her. He didn't know if she had chemistry before their English class, so he planned on finding her to give it back before classes started. He couldn't even get to his locker though before he was suddenly grabbed and shaken by his best friend. He blinked a bit, staring at him as he went on excitedly, before his looked at his friend in shock, before groaning "Ned, why don't you check with me with things like this before finalizing them?" he sighed heavily.

"Oh come on. I have to check with you before I get you a date?" he asked with raise of his brow, "I thought you would be excited. I mean its not like you already have one, and you can't just let me go by myself. You know how I am with girls by myself. I'll freak out. Plus its twins, Peter. You would have to be crazy to say no." It was clear that Ned had already made up his mind: the two of them were going and that was that.

Hailey got up the next morning and saw Peter's text. She smiled slightly before texting him back. *Oh thank you!!* She hurried up and got her things before heading to school. She was a bit early for her classes but she still wanted to hurry to her locker so she could go find Peter. She put her things away and she found him with Ned unsurprisingly. "Hey guys," she said with a smile, "What's up?"

Ned clammed up when he saw Hailey. He looked at Peter before speaking up. "Um we...we uh...," he stammered, "We got...um...we got dates to the dance on Friday." Hailey perked up when he said that. "That's great," she said before looking Peter, "I thought you said you weren't going?"
~
He leaned back against the wall of his cell and looked away from her for a moment as he tried to decide what he wanted to tell her and what he would need to keep his mouth shut about. He thought about it for a while before looking back at her. "Well I'm very...adopted," he replied with a shake of his head, "If you haven't noticed. I was born on Jotunheim. Odin found me when I was left for dead by those..sickening monsters. He thought I would be able to unite their kingdoms but then he realized that he didn't like me very much."

He was quiet for a moment as he thought about what it was like growing up with Thor. He figured that wouldn't be too touchy of a subject if his father was indeed going to hear about this. "Thor was always my father's favorite and I my mother's. Thor was far too stupid for my mother to teach him her magic but she did see the potential in me," he replied making sure to get a good jab at his older brother in, "But my father taught both of us how to be a king. I was good at it and my father hated me for it."

Maeve watched Loki curiously, wondering if he actually would talk with her. She really did hope so, even if he didn't want to get personal about his family or anything. She could tell he was a very closed book, and wanted to keep it that way. When he began to talk though her eyes lit up and she smiled happily, since she honestly was half expecting him to go screw herself and leave again or something like that.

She listened as he explained being adopted and Odin's whole political agenda and reason for adopting him. Maeve remembered that short conversation, when she had asked Odin that. She remembered how she honestly couldn't believe someone could think so politically and detached, and with a baby no less. She remained quite though and just let him continue talking, since she honestly wasn't sure how long that would last, so she wouldn't interrupt him. "I'm an only child, so I wouldn't really know how it is to grow up with a sibling. But heard most siblings usually have the worst fights, because they know each other more than anyone else" she commented curiously "So you were jealous of Thor, then?"

~

Peter sighed a bit at Ned complaining at him about how he shouldn't have to check with him - which Peter very much felt he should. And the fact Ned blatantly said how he wouldn't have a date, and he just huffed, crossed his arms over his chest "Hey! How do you know I don't have a date already?!" he argued defiantly, though they both knew how obvious it was. But he still felt he had to act like it wouldn't be such an obvious thing.

When Hailey came over and interrupted, he smiled a bit to her as he greeted her "Hey, good morning" he nodded to her, before Ned was a stammering awkward mess as usual. Well, Peter supposed he could at least be happy he was never as awkward as Ned was, exactly. Hearing Hailey's question directed to him, he sighed "Well, I wasn't until this idiot decided to vouch to someone I would be their date without even asking me first" he rolled his eyes with a slight glare to Ned.

Hailey smiled slightly at Ned and then at Peter. "Don't let him wiggle out of it Ned," she warned with a shake of her head, "I think he secretly wants to go but just doesn't want to admit it to anyone. I tried to talk him into it last night but he won't listen to me. Maybe you can talk some sense into him." She smirked at him before taking her chemistry book from his back pack. Before she could say anything more her friend Brooke walked up and pulled her away by the arm. "Come on we're going to be late for class," Brooke complained with a sigh before starting to talk about their after school plans.

Ned looked at Peter and then at Hailey when she spoke about how she had tried to convince him. "What the hell?" he asked after he left, "Peter you had Hailey in your apartment and you didn't tell me? What in the world is wrong with you? What happened? Did you kiss her? Ask her out? Did she mention me?"
~
"Oh please," he said with a roll of his eyes, "I would never be jealous of that idiot." Well at leas that's what he told himself. In reality, Loki wanted desperately to fit in like his brother, but he had no chance to do so. Because of his heritage most people were either frightened of him or hated him before they even said a word to him.

"If I'm jealous of anything its because he's asgardian and I'm not. If I really were Asgardian my brother wouldn't stand a chance to be king of Asgard. I was smarter than he was; I still am. He is going to run this realm into the ground and my father doesn't care as long as his realm isn't run by a monster," Loki explained with a shake of his head, "Be happy you don't have any siblings. They're stubborn and ridiculously naive. Besides Thor doesn't even want to be king. He wants to go run out with his little girlfriend on Midgard."

She smiled a bit in amusement at his instant denial of his jealousy, though did comment if anything, it was about his race and how he wasn't asgardian. She shrugged her shoulders a bit "Eh, in my opinion asgardians are overrated" she smirked a bit as she looked to him. The only problem she ever hat with the jotunheim's were that they tended to be violent. Well....perhaps that's where Loki got his more violent and rageful tendencies from.

"I am curious though. So you said Odin took you from jotunheim, but, clearly you don't look like them....you're blood isn't fully jotunheim then, is it? Do you know what other species you may have in you?" she asked curiously before smiling "I promise I'm not here to judge you, whether your jotunheim, asgardian, human, or whatever, it matters not to me" she said with a shrug of her shoulders "Also....I find it humorous how on guard you are with me...Do you really think I'd have to sneak in here if Odin purposely wanted me to try and get something out of you or something?" she raised a brow.

~

Peter just rolled his eyes a bit at Hailey talking to Ned to be sure he didn't get out of it and still went. He sighed heavily as he felt like he was a child here with parents having to hold his hand and watch what he did. So what if he didn't want to go to a dance? He huffed childishly too himself and glared at Ned "And what do you meant 'If you have to go I do?' No one made you go!" he argued with a groan, before shaking his head as he dug through his bag for Hailey's book "here you go. It must have fallen off my desk when you were packing up."

Moments later a friend of hers approached and dragged Hailey away, he smiled and just waved to her, before he heard Ned's baffled voice demanding questions out of him and for answers "Oh, um..." he cleared his throat awkwardly "N-no! Nothing like that at all!" he stammered at the others next accusations "I just um....offered to help her study for chemistry, so she came over. And we had dinner....Aunt May cooked....and uh, after studying we just got some icecream. Nothing big!" he huffed.

Ned looked at wide eyed. "You ate dinner with her?" he exclaimed, "Peter how the hell did you not tell me that! And you went to get ice cream? You went on a date with her. I don't care what you say that's a date. You went in a date with the most popular girl in school and you were just not even going to give me the heads up?" He couldn't believe what he was hearing this couldn't be real.

Hailey went to class with Brooke talking her ear off about what they were going to do after school. She wasn't really paying much attention as she was more focused on paging through her chemistry text book. "Um Earth to Hailey," Brooke said as she closed the book and crossed her arms, "Are you even listening." Hailey jumped slightly before looking over at her. "Ya of course I am," she said but Brooke just sighed, "You know this chemistry stuff isn't going to make Jase fall for you. You gotta focus."
~
"I don't know what you're doing here," he replied with a roll of his eyes, "I just find it odd that you would try to come by and see me when I have been nothing but rude to you since I got here." He didn't want to accuse her of being on Odin's side but he had his suspicions. He let out a sigh when he remembered that she had mentioned his heritage. He hadn't known why he looked like a normal Asgardian.

"I don't know," he admitted before allowing himself to turn blue as he would appear if he were strictly from Jotunheim, "I can look like them, but the stigma is usually not the best when I do." He took a deep breath and his normal appearance resumed. "I don't get such weird looks so it's better for me to just stay looking like this.

She raised a brow at his statement and shrugged her shoulders "Well, at least you admit you know you were rude" she smirked a bit "But I've said some harsh things to you too. Even if I think you deserve it, considering what you've done" she commented as she didn't really blame him for his suspicions since he did seem like a very cautious man, and one who was always skeptical of his family. "I told you before, I simply find you interesting. And no, not like a cage animal" she rolled her eyes as she spoke up before he could use his same sarcastic remark he's said last time she had seen him "But you're far more interesting than most individuals I know. You're intelligent, and different. You intrigue me" she shrugged her shoulders, before watching him as his skin turned that ghastly blue color of those from Jotunheim.

"I can understand that" she commented when he spoke of how he was judged more than he already was when he looked differently than asgardians "I don't know if you've ever been to Alfheim. But while it is made up of the light elves, the light elves consist of several different subspecies of elves - mine being, the Ice elves. Not all of the subspecies always get along, some more than others. My particular kind of people reside in the frozen depths of Alfheim, and normally when in such an environment, our appearance is slightly altered, and the color of our skin a lighter blue, like ice, ironically" she said with a shrug of her shoulders "Among my people it's no issue, but it's a dead give away to others, which sometimes causes some problems." She figured it only fair she talk about herself a bit if she was asking him to do the same.

So when I was researching more in detail, the ice elves I think normally have an ice-toned color of skin, but since the image of Maeve I have is different, and I don't want her constantly being blue, I'm altering it a bit XD I hope that's okay lol

~

When Ned started freaking out and calling it a date, Peter's eyes widened a bit and his face flushed in embarrassment, quickly clamping a hand over his best friends mouth "Ned!" he hissed as he looked around nervously, hoping no one had overhead him because it would be incredibly awkward and embarrassing. He was glad though to see no one seemed to have paid too much attention or anything to hear Ned just exclaim he and Hailey went on a date.

Letting out an exasperated sigh, he looked back at Ned as he pulled his hand away from his mouth "It wasn't a date!" he hissed under his breath at the other "I was just helping her study! And since she was coming over anyways Aunt May wanted to cook, because you know how she gets when I have friends over" he said with a roll of his eyes "And, and...the ice cream....i mean it was just ice cream!" he blushed, huffing as he just started walking to class with Ned as they talked.

(That's fine!)
"You two hung out socially, Peter," he said with a shake of his head and followed after him, "I just can't figure out how you swung that. How did you manage to get Hailey to like you. Hell how did you even get her to talk to you." Peter was never someone that he considered popular. In fact, he seemed like he didn't even want to be popular. He stopped slightly before walking over to him. "Ok look," he started, "You obviously like her why don't you just tell her."

Hailey sighed and shook her head. "I don't want to start a relationship with Jase," she replied, "I just want to go to the dance with him." Brook shook her head slightly. "He's hot, he's a senior, and he's totally into you," Brooke answered with a shake of her head as she took her notebook out, "Remind me again why you don't want a relationship with a hot college-bound football player?" Hailey shrugged slightly before going through her backpack for her chemistry notes. "He's not really the nicest guy around. I mean to me he's fine but to other people he can be a jerk," she commented.
~
Loki rolled his eyes slightly. He knew about the elves and almost every other species there was. "I don't need a lecture about your people," he replied thoroughly unamused, "I know about your people and about the relationship the elves have with one another. And the fact that you live in the icy depths sounds like a prison sentence to me.

He was pretty sure though that she wasn't working for his father though. She wasn't asking questions about him personally. More just about his family's dynamic. His father knew that and wouldn't bother to seek answers regarding such things. He would keep an eye on it for now but he figured that he was pretty safe and could speak rather freely to her. "I still don't quite understand why you find me so interesting," he stated, "You say that you are intrigued by me but I hardly understand what about me intrigues you. I'm not like other Asgardians but I think it's safe to admit that there are other beings out there that are similar to me."

Maeve's face fell a bit at how rude Loki went back to being and just sighed, shaking her head a bit "I'm trying to be nice, you know?" she said as she crossed her arms over her chest "You should be grateful someone other than your mother actually even cares about you in the slightest to want to talk to you" she commented with a slight sigh and shake of her head.

"Sure, they're probably are others similar to you in ways. It's a rather large universe. But you're the only person like you I've met so far. You're a criminal, violent, egotistical, and, not to mention, rude. You've committed crimes, but your intentions are different than most criminals, and most of those who have tried to become rulers of sorts in the past. While you don't really have much regard for anyone but yourself, your intent of simply wanting a people to rule over isn't as malicious as many other criminals who seek power."

~

Peter rolled his eyes a bit "Yes, we hung out socially. We talked. We had ice cream, we ate. And we studied. It's not a date" he stated once more stubbornly before the other continued to go on in disbelief about how he really had even managed to do such a thing. He sighed a bit as he too also stopped when Ned had stopped in front of him, turning to pause and just try to understand how it happened, and telling him how obvious it was he liked her.

His face flushed in embarrassment "I do not!" he quickly responded defiantly, before the other just gave him an obvious look of denial. He sighed a bit with a shake of his head "I couldn't possible tell her, Ned! You yourself said how she's in an entirely different league. Plus, she's got a senior date for the dance. I'm just tutoring her....there's no way she'd be interested in me more than that" he sighed heavily.

Ned rolled his eyes. "Well I mean she may not be interested but at least you'll get a reality check or something before you actually fall for her," he said with a shake of his head, "Ok that was a bit harsh, but maybe after high school, she'll like you. I mean the whole popularity thing kind of reverses. Usually the smart guy gets the girl and the out of work former jock ends up getting drugs and alcohol? It's basic life 101."

"I mean I'm going with Flash and he's a dick to a lot of people?" Brooke said with a shrug, "Besides he's being super sweet. He's going to buy dinner for me, my ticket, and he's going to pay for a hotel room and alcohol for after." Hailey just shook her head with a smile on her face. "Ok Brookie let's not get too crazy," she replied, "Besides you could do way better than Flash, and you know it too." Brooke let out a sigh as she looked around the classroom before looking back at Hailey. "I could but there's not really a whole lot of better opportunities out there," she replied.
~
Loki looked at her and scoffed. "Oh sure," he said sarcastically, "I'll make sure to tell my mother to get me a pen and some paper so I can write you a thank you card for all your hard work. Really I don't know how you manage." He honestly wasn't sure how to react to someone actually taking an interest in him before. He thought this was some...cruel sick joke that someone was playing on him.

"Wonderful then here's my advice. Why don't you go out and find the most dangerous criminal you can find and then try and psychoanalyze him. Sure there's always a risk of him killing you, but that's all part of the fun," he commented before leaning back against the wall, "I should say that my mother is much better company than you. She's quieter and not quite so inquisitive."

Maeve smirked a bit in amusement as he spoke in his usual sarcastic tone about writing her a thank you letter and continuing on with his usual sarcastic commentary. When he went on about going to find some other dangerous criminal, psychoanalyzing them, an trying not to get killed, she couldn't help but laugh. Really, she found it humorous. "Are you trying to be funny? Because you really quite are" she smiled and shook her head.

"Well, if you want to offend me you'll have to do better than that. I'm rather fond of your mother, and I already think her a better person than myself" she said with a shrug of her shoulders before his reasoning about how she was quiet and lest curious. Raising a brow, she smirked a bit "So you like someone who basically just leave you alone, to do things all on your own?" she asked as she leaned back in her ice-made chair.

~

Peter narrowed his eyes a bit on Ned at his comment, before Ned seemed to apologize once realizing the harshness of his words. He sighed a bit as he listened to the other explain how it would be after high school, and he rolled his eyes "It doesn't matter, forget about it, Ned" he said with a shake of his head. He liked Hailey, but he'd rather spare himself the humility of admitting that to her, he knew it wouldn't work out in his favor.

Shaking his head, he moved on to class "I've got to go, we're gonna be late" he said with a shake of his head to his friend before he parted ways with him and headed on to his first class of the day, where he got there just in time as the class bell rung, signaling the start of the class.

Ned sighed before heading to his class and leaving Peter behind. He didn't mean to offend him but he figured he probably had. He just wanted to give him a reality check before he got hurt. He met up with him again at lunch and he sighed as he followed him through the line. "I'm sorry for what I said Peter," he said, "I just don't want you to get hurt is all. But come with me on Friday. It'll just be fun to hang out with you outside of school."

Hailey went to lunch with her friends. She waved to Peter as she walked by his table before sitting down with her friends. "Remind me again why you talk to him?" Brooke asked as they sat down. Hailey wanted to tell her that he was a nice kid and she actually enjoyed his company but she knew that probably wouldn't go over well. "He's helping with Chemistry," she replied, "Hes really smart so it's nice to get some help from someone who gets it."
~
Loki scrunched up his nose before shaking his head. "I was hardly trying to be humorous," he replied, "Perhaps your tiny mind didn't quite comprehend what I said. It was supposed to be rather insulting." He wasn't being as clear as he thought he was being.

He could tell by the way that she leaned back in her chair that she wasn't planning on leaving any time soon. "Of course i do," he replied, "I don't need anyone else's help. Especially not your help." He rolled his eyes. What could she possibly think she could do for him? The thought of it was ridiculous. He had never learned to work with anyone because...well no one ever wanted to work with him. He always thought it was because he was different but he wasn't doing himself any favors by being rude to those who did try to help him.

Honestly, Maeve had been putting up with so much of Loki's arrogant and rude behavior, that at this point, she just found it humorous that he was still acting this way. It's not like she expected him to treat her like a saint, obviously, or anything more. But she found it funny how a single person could be so...shelled up, she supposed. She wasn't sure what term she would really use, but at this point, it was just amusing, and she giggled softly even as he further insulted her intelligence.

"You really are something" she said with a shake of her head and an amused smile on her lips. Maybe she was too, for not blowing up at him and getting angry and fed up. Usually most people did if they'd endured this many insults from Loki and dealt with his personality for this long. "Who said I was trying to help you? I mean, you've been sentenced to life in here. There's not much I can do for you. I just wanted to get to know you more" she said with a shrug of her shoulders.

~

Ned went through his morning classes as usual that day, and before long it was time for lunch. He met up with Ned in the cafeteria, before he was a bit surprised by his apology, since, Peter hadn't really been overly offended, just a little bit irritated. But he was long since over it by now, and had brushed it off, but hearing the others apology, and reasoning why, he just smiled a bit and nodded his head "I know Ned. You're the best friend I've got, and I appreciate you having my back" he said as he took a seat at the table with him and a few other friends.

As he was talking with Ned, he glanced up when he saw Hailey passing by with a wave, and he smiled as he waved back at her like some school boy. He quickly shook it off though, before clearing his throat before Ned was on his back again about not getting too attached to the popular girl, and he continued to eat his food with his friends.

Ned got a bit more off topic once the rest of his friends sat down as he was busy talking about how one of the twins had asked him to go and the other asked if Peter would be her date. The other 3 boys were enthralled in the idea of being asked to the dance. They congratulated both Ned and Peter before he started talking about details regarding dinner, suits, and stuff of that nature.

Hailey's friends were far from empresses wth Peter. Sure he could do some weird math problems but he didn't look that great in their eyes. The conversation transitioned over to dinner plans nod what everyone was thinking about wearing but Hailey didn't really join in the conversation since she wasn't sure what she was going to wear.
~
Loki's crossed his arms. Was she laughing? He didn't understand how he want cracking her. Usually his rude, offputting nature would...well...be so rude and offputting that the person would know to just stay away from him. Honestly who liked being put down all the time? But Loki didn't think she liked it more than she just didn't let it get to her.

He let out a sigh and shook his head. "I guess perhaps I could say the same to you," he said, "Though I wouldnt necessarily take it as a compliment. I just think you are a hard nut to crack and I haven't decided if I like that or not." He was leaning towards no because he did get an aura of satisfaction when he finally broke someone down but if he wanted that reaction from he would have his work cut out for him.

Maeve raised a brow when he spoke of how he could say the same of her, but not to take it as a compliment. She smirked a bit in amusement "Oh no, of course not" she spoke with a hint of sarcasm "A compliment from Loki? That would be too much. Too much that all the nine realms might cease to exist" she taunted with an amused smile.

As she was talking to him, she paused in her words, tilting her head a bit as her elven ears with her heightened hearing were picking up on something. Thor was looking for her. Sighing heavily, she stood up from her chair, letting the ice disappear as she turned it into dry ice where it just evaporated within a few minutes, disappearing "Well, seems I've been gone for too long. But I'll be back again probably - that is, if you're interested to try and crack this hard nut" She smirked a bit playfully at him, almost challenging him - at least it might give him a reason to want to see her, and a goal in her visits.

~

Peter smiled a bit when the other friends seemed excited for Peter and Ned who had dates, as they apparently would kill to just go with any girl at all and go to the dance with someone. Well, people technically could go alone, or with their own friends, even if the same gender but...it was kind of social taboo. And only girls could really somehow get away with going to dances together without being judged. One of those annoying double standards of sorts. And high school in general being annoying like that with all these untold social rules and guidelines.

Peter knew he was going to have to go to the dance, even though he didn't particularly want to. He had agreed for Ned since he didn't really want to abandon his best friend or anything, so for his sake, had agreed and would go. And the fact Hailey seemed insistent on him going, so he supposed maybe he'd get the chance to talk to her at the dance? Probably not, she'd likely be surrounded by the jocks or her friends - all the popular people who didn't look at Peter the same as Hailey did.

On Friday afternoon, Ned went back to Peter's house to hang out with him before they had to get ready to go ready to meet the girls. His mother had also come along to meet up with Peter's aunt. The two barely ever got to spend time together but when they did they talked each other's ears off.

Hailey went to her friend's house to meet up before going to get their hair and makeup done. There they met up with Brooke and two other girls. The group talked over what they wanted before letting the stylist get to work. Brooke sat next to her while the other 3 girls seemed rather desperate for Hailey's approval of their new looks.
~
Loki tilted his head when she spoke about how she wouldn't even dream of getting a compliment from him. He tried to suppress it but he did up giving her a slight smile but it disappeared rather quickly. "Good get out of here," he said," and please don't be so desperate that you think about returning so quickly.

Thor looked around for Maeve. Where could she have gotten off to? She wasn't in the library, the kitchen, or even near any of the bed rooms. Perhaps she had found a servant or someone to talk to. He didn't mind he just wanted to know where she had gone.

Maeve hadn't missed the vague turn of a smile on his lips, but she was nice and didn't say anything about it, knowing it would likely profusely deny it or come up with some excuse. As she had gotten up from her seat and spoken of leaving, she smirked a bit in amusement at his comment. It was still his rude self but...something about it just seemed a little more accepting of her visit indirectly. "Sure sure" she said as she formed dry ice to climb back up to the ceiling so that the guards wouldn't see her walking out, just as they hadn't seen her come in.

"Just try not to miss me too much" she teased back before she left the dungeons, heading back up to the main level of the castle. She made herself appear like she was coming from somewhere outside when she walked over to Thor, smiling when she saw him "Sorry, I got a little lost outside and it took me a bit to figure out where to get back inside."

~

The week had gone by relatively smoothly for the rest of the school-week, until it reached Friday. He had helped Hailey study chemistry once or twice more that week, but due to her dress shopping and everything else she and her friends were doing to get ready for the dance, she wasn't all too available, which Peter had understood, of course.

Come Friday, Peter was hanging out with Ned in his room as they talked and just tried to hang out and relax before the dance. Ironically, despite Ned being the one having gotten them dates and everything, he was the one who appeared to be more nervous about going. Peter was too, of course, and he felt awkward going with a girl he had no interest in, even much as a friend, but he just reminded himself he was doing this for Ned.

Ned took a deep breath and tried to relax as the time slowly ticked away. Eventually it was time to start getting ready came along. He put his suit on and his mother helped tie his tie. Ned didn't speak a whole lot because his nerves were starting to get the best of him. After a while they went to pick up the girls before going to dinner. Ned was mainly listening to his fate as she talked as he was really too nervous to say anything else.

Hailey and her friends hurried along back to her friend's house to get their dresses on and get ready for dinner. They were all going together and just dragging their dates along with them. Fortunately some of the boys were already good friends so it wasn't too awkward for them.
~
"Oh trust me there is no danger in that," he said as he rolled his eyes, "Please think about not coming back." He did however watch as she left. He didn't realize how much he missed having company until he was alone again. She was the only interaction he had excluding his own mother. He would never admit it though but perhaps he joined her company more than he thought.

Thor smiled when he saw her and shook his head. "It is indeed a big place," he said with a small smile, "I hope I didn't leave you alone too long. I apologize my mother and father want to know every little detail about you but I had to explain to them that I don't know as much as they think I do." He offer her his arm slightly before suggesting that they go take a walk before she had to leave.

Maeve just smiled in amusement at Loki's typically rude words, but knew that he seemed to be warming up to the idea of her being around. That, or maybe the fact that he'd gotten tired of trying to hard with her to get her to stay away. If he really had asked her to though, she wouldn't have come back again. But by his parting words it seemed like he wasn't entirely against the idea, even though he of course wouldn't say it.

As she found Thor and spoke of having gotten a little lost, she smiled a bit as he agreed it was big and easy to get lost if unfamiliar with it. He didn't even think any the wiser. She smiled a bit and nodded her head "It is. Perhaps on my next visit you should give me a tour" she suggested as he offered her his arm. She smiled a bit, and took it as she walked with him before apologizing for having left her for a bit "Oh no, not at all. It's quite alright" she assured as they went for a short walk.

~

Peter was trying to calm Ned down, and sighed heavily "Come on Ned, it's just a dance - you said so yourself. Plus this was your whole idea that you wanted to go - weren't you excited for it earlier in the week?" he tried to calm his friend who when they started to get dressed and everything, Ned only panicked more, asking about how he looked and everything. Peter started to wonder...was Ned actually that interested in his date, maybe?

Before long the two of them were ready, and after their guardians had both taken enough pictures for a book, the two of them headed off to pick up their dates, once they had to assure Aunt May and Ned's mom that they would get pictures with the girls for them too. Eventually, the dance was starting and Peter and his friend and their dates had arrived, walking in and while the girls were excited, Peter and Ned looked like a ball of nerves in such an unfamiliar setting.

Ned grew stiff when he walked into the dance as he looked around. There were a lot of people already there. He looked at Peter before walking inside with their dates. He did his best to stay calm but he really didn't know what to do. He kind of liked this girl though now he wished that he didn't as it may have allowed him to relax a bit more.

Hailey walked in arm-in-arm with her date a few minutes later. Her friends were buzzing with excitement as they ran around talking to as many of their friends as they could. Hailey, on the other hand, stayed with her date as he spoke to her for a while. It was clear that he liked her and such but she wasn't that interested. Sure he was nice to her, but she knew he had a reputation of sleeping with girls and then leaving them behind. She had already told herself not to become one of those women.

Hailey's dress: https://all-womens-dresses.com/wp-content/uploads/parser/cute-holiday-dresses-for-juniors-1.jpg
~
Thor walked with her though he didn't quite know what to say. His mind lingered on Jane and honestly he was praying she never found out about this. It would be hard to explain to someone like her. It was so hard being away from her. He missed her laugh, her smile, the way she got excited when he spoke about science things that he could barely understand.

He didn't know how his father had got him onto this. He wanted to tell him the truth but this was hardly the time or the place for that. Perhaps soon he would decline his father's offer of finding him a courtship even if that meant declining the throne. He made a bit of small talk as they walked through the gardens with her about the gardens and how his mother had been the one who wanted such grand plant life outside of the palace where as his father could have really cared less.

As she walked with Thor she could tell his mind was elsewhere, and she glanced to him a bit, noticing an absent look in her eyes. She wasn't bothered, or offended, knowing he was likely thinking of the human he cared for, and she herself didn't like Thor, or want to either. She almost felt bad for insisting they try this courtship, but she needed a reason to be able to freely come back to Asgard without anyone questioning her visits.

Since then, Maeve did visit more, under the pretense that either she was visiting Thor, or he had invited her - likely under his fathers wishes and suggestions. Maeve had visited a few more times, one of those times she was able to sneak away and visit Loki again. Today was similar in that sense, as she had managed to get some time away from Thor and slipped her way into the dungeons undetected as she approached Loki's cell "Hey again" she spoke up, catching his attention "Miss me?" she smirked.

~

As Peter walked into the dance, which essentially was just a decorated gymnasium of the school, he looked around at all the people everywhere - and the many crowds. He didn't realize it himself, but he found his eyes scanning for Hailey. Though, once he realized what he was doing, he quickly distracted himself and pulled his attention away from the crowds and back to Ned and their dates.

When his date asked him if she wanted to dance, Peter tensed up "D-dance? Already? Um...oh! You know what, I'm actually pretty thirsty, but yeah, maybe later. Are you thirsty? What about you Ned? I'll uh, I'll get us some drinks" he quickly excused himself before he could get pulled to the dance floor by his eager date, and sighed in relief as he managed to escape, heading to the table with various drinks, mostly sodas.

Ned watched as Peter seemed to look around. He wasn't sure exactly what he was looking for but in the end he figured he was looking for Hailey. He wanted to snap Peter out of it but it was no use. Even though he didn't want to admit it, he was starting to like her and it hurt him to think that he was giving her the power to hurt him. He wanted to protect his best friend but it was hard when Peter didn't want his help. "Oh no I'm...," Ned started when Peter asked if they wanted drinks before disappearing towards the table, "...good." Ned excused himself for a moment before following Peter. "Are you ok?" he asked.

Hailey took a seat with a few of her friends and their dates at a nearby table. There were a few set up around the dance floor so people could rest in between dances. Jase kept her hand in his as they listened to the loud mouthed Flash talk over the music. He was pretty drunk and Hailey had seen him and Brooke drinking before dinner. It didn't bother her that much she just wished they would until after.
~
Loki's range of things had grown throughout his time in prison. His mother had brought him a proper bed, a bookshelf full of books, a table and chair, along with a few special meals from the kitchen. He really did love his mother dearly and though he had a hard time expressing his gratitude, he knew that she knew it. His mother had just left him a new book before he heard footsteps walking down the hall.

"Not particularly," he said without looking up from his book. Though he now had a chair he still insisted that he remain in the same spot on the floor to read. He claimed it helped him concentrate but in reality, it had just become his reading place. "What kind of annoying questions do you have for me today? And please do try to limit them I am very busy at the moment," he replied as he finally let his gaze shift to her.

As she arrived at his cell, she was a bit surprised to see how full it was of things. Though it was nice to see, either his mother was sneaking more things in, or Odin was being a little kinder. Key word, a little. The more visits she had with Thor and his family, the more she disliked Odin. As she looked in the cell for a bit, she smiled a bit at his typically characteristic response "Looks homey in there" she commented casually, before he had finally lifted his gaze to her.

She shrugged her shoulders a bit "Nothing in particular" she commented when he asked of her questions this time. At first, it had been because she wanted to understand him and his family dynamic more, to try and comprehend how a father could be so cold to his son, and why Loki felt so betrayed of his family. Those sorts of things had been the initial reason she started coming to visit. But now, it was more that she simply enjoyed talking to him. After having learned more of him, she enjoyed his company and conversations, as rude as they could be sometimes. Hearing his comment, she giggled a bit with an amused smirk "Oh yes. A life sentence must keep you incredibly busy in those small four walls of yours."

~

As Peter had gotten away from his date he sighed a bit in relief as he made it to the drink table, before hearing Ned's voice speak up beside him. He turned to him a bit surprised that he had left their dates, glancing back over at the twins who were talking among themselves, before he turned his attention back to Ned "Yeah, I'm fine" he said before shaking his head a bit "I have no interest in her, Ned. I told you I didn't want to come, you can't really expect me to be running to the dance floor with her when she asks me to" he commented.

It wasn't that he disliked the girl....although he personally did find the twins mildly annoying. But he had no interest in the girl, or this dance in particular. Most of the people here were drunk anyways, or somewhat intoxicated. He didn't understand Ned's persistence to come to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back