• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Marvel Universe (Closed)

Hailey smiled slightly when Peter's confident attitude faltered and declined rather rapidly. She had to admit it was kind of cute. "Those guys are jerks, Peter," she replied, "I don't know why you take that from them. They're just jealous because you're smarter than they are."

She knew many of them personally and most of them were just dumber than dumb. They get themselves into trouble over the most idiotic things. She knew Flash the best though that wasn't by her own doing. Flash had been trying to get with her since the start of freshman year and every time she turned him down. She knew his type and she wasn't interested in playing his games. "Besides they think they're hot stuff but trust me, I've seen them make fools of themselves."
~
Loki looked at her for a moment before scoffing at her and her attitude. "Do you really want to play mind games with someone like me?" he asked with a smirk on his lips. People could say whatever they wanted about Loki, but one thig was certain: he was always the smartest person in the room. He could flip an interrogation on its head and get you to confess things that you'd never dream of confessing.

"You're like my brother, entitled and thinking you know everything. It's a pity because you are quite a strong competitor. Unfortunate that you had to have that power wrapped in a weak mind like Thor's," he retorted before looking away from her. Talking to her was a waste of his breath and he didn't need to slip up and say something that he didn't mean to. Someone like this wasn't going to crack him and he would make sure of it.

She raised a brow at him "Who said I wanted to play mind games? Now you're the one coming up with conclusions. I was simply asking questions" She shrugged her shoulders innocently. When he started comparing her to his brother, she wasn't particularly fond of that, but didn't let it show. Not that she didn't like Thor. But she didn't like being compared to anyone but herself. She didn't let this show though as she just continued to listen to him go on.

"If anything I would think you're the one thinking you're entitled. You keep making these assumptions about me without even knowing me. I at least know far more about you than you do I. Regardless of if what I know is truth or not, that's more than you could say you know about me. Honestly....if anything, I think you just like to hear yourself talk" she casually jabbed at him.

~

Hearing her next words calmed him a bit, as he glanced back to her a bit unsure. He wasn't sure by her bringing up how they picked on him and such, if that mean that she approved of their actions. She was popular, and far more perfect than he was, anyways. And he'd be lying if he said she wasn't cute. She was anyone's dream girl, and because she was popular, she could probably get just about any guy she wanted - even the guys that were popular, which were guys like Flash and the athletes.

But he was relieved to hear that personality wise, she didn't seem to be like them, and was far more nicer than his own experience with the other popular kids of the school. He smiled a bit awkwardly, and just shrugged his shoulders a bit when she commented about putting up with the bullying "I don't really have the strength they do. If you haven't noticed, I'm not a very physical kind of person...." he trailed off awkward, figuring that was probably a weird thing to hear coming from a superhero. But it was true, he used strategic planning, and his webs did most of the work often of the time. He didn't really do hand to hand combat.

Hailey smiled slightly and shook her head. "I guess that's fair," she replied as she brushed a lock of her hair behind her ear, "But you do have whatever that...weird webbing stuff is." It appeared to be something that he made which really wouldn't surprise her. She tilted her head and looked over his webbing slingers on his suit.

"Must be nice to be smart," she said a bit more bitterly than she intended. Being the same age as Peter, she too was taking Chemistry and unless she could miraculously pull her grade up, she would more than likely end up with a D in the class. She was an ok student but she never really tried all that hard in school due to her always growing social life.
~
Loki rolled his eyes. "I can't help that I want to listen to intelligent individuals. Apparently there are far fewer than I thought," he replied hastily, "And who says I don't know about you, Maeve. You seem to be jumping to conclusions as well and I can't help but find it rather irritating."

He turned his focus from her as he shook her head. He was starting to get annoyed with this little elf. Why did she care what he was doing? It wasn't like this was her world. She didn't have any connections to these filthy mortals. He could never understand why asgardians and other beings actually cared about the midgardians. To him, they were nothing but a waste of thought.

"My, your ego really does far outweigh even what I have heard of you. I wonder, are you really that weak you only know how to use words? Or are you just scared?" she inquired. Sure, it was certainly in part to try and get under his skin again, but it also was genuine curiosity since that's currently what she was interpreting from Loki. "I'm not denying your intelligence. But I'm starting to believe that's all you have" she said with a shrug of her shoulders.

She had to admit, conversing with him was actually more interesting than she expected. She had to stay on her toes, but thankfully she was quick-witted. However, when he spoke her name, her wall faltered, even if for just half a moment, before she composed her surprise and shook it off. It was only a name, and he could have easily heard it from anywhere since they captured him. "Alright. What do you know about me then?"

~

When she brought up his abilities, he smiled a bit and shrugged his shoulder "I guess you're right. But I can't exactly go shooting webs around at Flash and his group around school. Might raise more than just a few questions" he chuckled a bit awkwardly as he looked down at his own hand as he thought about his abilities, and recalled when he first started to figure them out, his hands sticking to anything he touched just about. It was actually really annoying until he got used to it and gained control over his abilities.

Hearing her bitter tone, he lifted his gaze as he looked to her curiously "What do you mean?" he asked with a tilt of his head as he looked to her "Anyone can be smart, really. I mean, it's easy" he said, before catching himself "well....maybe to me. But I do mean it, that I think most anyone can be smart. Are you trying to imply you don't think you are? Because that would really surprise me, honestly" he said with a smile, saying how he thought she was a smart person, or at least seemed it. "Intelligence isn't all about equations and numbers y'know."

Hailey supposed that Peter was probably right, but even if he couldn't rough them up as Peter, maybe he could as Spider-Man. "I'm just saying that you might want to think about standing up for yourself and your friends," she replied, "Have you at least told...your friend? I can't think of his name." She saw them everywhere together. It was like those two were attach at the hip. The football players usually picked on him for his weight rather than his brain because he was a bit heavier than everyone else.

She was quiet though when Peter started to speak about intelligence as he had caught on that Hailey really didn't think that much of herself. She had always gotten by with just being pretty and popular. All the boys wanted to be with her and all the girls wanted to be her, so she could get just about anything she wanted. Well except for good grades. "Well lets just say my chemistry grade is a little bit of a disaster right now, and when I say disaster, I mean I'm one bad grade away from failing the course. So not everyone can be smart, Peter."
~
Loki scoffed at her arrogance. "My intellect is hardly everything that I am," he replied with a shake of his head, "That shows how much you truly know me." The one thing that Loki was very good at was convincing people to do things that they didn't want to do. He could get people to follow him even if it was under false pretenses. And the worst part was he rarely, if ever, felt guilty about what he was doing.

Loki crossed his arms over his chest as he peered at her. "You're from Alfheim so I'm assuming you like the rest of your people are still loyal to Odin and Thor," he said with a slight smirk, "They are using you just as they use everyone else in their lives, but I also know that your people are not the brightest individuals out there. So I suppose I should have guessed that you would fighting alongside Thor. These mortals don't deserve your protection anyway. They're worthless beings."

As he seemed to grow irritated at her words, she could tell she was getting on his nerves, even if he tried not to show it too much. "Well, if you're more than just intelligence, you have done a good job at showing it" She commented, before she shook her head at his next words "I claim to know nothing about you personally. Only what I've heard. I am aware that what I've heard is nothing but words, possible truths, or possible lies. Just like any words that come from your own mouth are the same."

After playing along and asking what he knew of her, she smirked in amusement "You just said you assume, correct? So how does that make you any different than what I assume about you? You think I'm unintelligent and misguided because of my assumptions of you from what I have heard, but in reality, you are doing the same thing with your assumptions about me. Doesn't that make you no more intelligent than myself?"

~

Peter sighed a bit when she said how he should try sticking up for himself "I've given up on that. I can't do anything without being Spider-man, and if I fight back it just ends up worse for me anyways" he said with a slight frown "I'm not like you, Hailey. Without Spider-man...I'm nothing really. It's only because of a freak accident I can even do what I can as Spider-man" he said, before hearing her bringing up his friend.

"No, he doesn't know. And yeah of course I try and stick up for him, but like I said, without the mask I'm the same Peter Parker" he said dejectedly with a shake of his head, before her grades were brought up and if someone could be smart. Peter didn't believe her and he hesitated a moment, before awkwardly suggesting "Um, I don't know if you'd really want my help or anything..." he trailed off, thinking that she wouldn't want to be seen with him around school or anything "But I wouldn't mind helping tutor you a bit in chemistry, and help you."

Hailey nodded slightly. She understood what Peter was saying. Honestly, she felt bad for him. "Well I'll do my best to make sure those boys leave you alone. I don't think it's right for you to have to endure that," she replied with a shake of her head. She hated when other people thought they had a right to be rude or cruel to someone.

She was quiet though when she heard Peter speak up about tutoring her. "Um...I mean ya. I guess that would be fine," she replied before tilting her head, "I mean I can pay you and stuff for that." She wasn't sure why this kid was being so nice to her. "I mean it wouldn't really be fair to have you do that for free, because you may have your work cut out for you."
~
Loki rolled his eyes and shook his head. He was just about done with all of this. He didn't like when people challenged him even if they were right to do so. It was a bit annoying actually.

"Because I'm right in my assumptions. You don't know what you're talking about," he replied as he looked back at her, "You're smart you'll take my brother and get out of here. These mortals have nothing that can help you in any way, shape, or form. They will fall with or without your help. My army is coming and there's no reason for you to get hurt defending these pathetic humans."

"I'd have to disagree with you there" she commented when he said he was right in his assumptions. When he started to talk more though, her eyes widened a bit in surprise as he mentioned an army and the intention to have the humans fall. She looked to him, as if trying to read him, before she realized what his intentions were.

"An army, huh? That's what you need the Tesseract for, to bridge a portal for your army" she stated matter of factly before smirking a bit "Thank you so much for your cooperation, you've been a great help" she said before turning and heading to the door, though pausing one last moment as she glanced back at him "Don't underestimate my intelligence. Or the humans - they're far stronger than I think you're aware of" she commented before disappearing out of the door to go find Fury and the others to inform of Loki's plans. Hopefully Banner and Stark were close to locating the Tesseract.

~

When she seemed to want the help tutoring but offered to pay him for it, he shook his head "O-oh no, I don't need you to do that at all" he said waving his hands a bit. He occasionally helped his friend out with studying, so he wouldn't mind helping Hailey. And hearing her say she would try and help keep the football team from harassing him and everything, he smiled a bit getting an idea.

"How about you do your best to have Flash and his friends lay off of me? I would really appreciate that, your words have more influence over them than me. I'll count that as payment, does that sound fair to you?" he asked with a smile. He knew those guys could be a handful, for anyone really, and were too full of themselves to want to listen to anyone and take orders, so he was sure it might be a bit difficult for Hailey to convince them otherwise.

Hailey crossed her arms slightly when he declined the payments. She didn't have any problem paying him for his troubles. Besides may he didn't understand how much work he was actually going to have to put into this. Her parents were also fairly well off so she knew if she asked them for money for a tutor, they would no doubt comply.

She was about to say something though she paused before she could because he had spoken up about another deal that they could make with one another. "Huh," she said as she thought about it. She supposed that could work though he would be doing more for her than she would be for him. "Alright," she said finally after nodding, "I guess that could work, but I'll warn you, you'll probably be doing more for me than I will be doing for you." She figured if it got too apparent she could go ahead and slip him a couple dollars anyway.
~
Loki knew what information he had let slip but it was no accident. He didn't mind that they knew what he was planning. They couldn't stop him. He was already winning and in his mind, he had honestly already won. All he needed now was to put into motion with the help of his accomplice, the one they called "Hawkeye".

He watched as she walked out before smirking slightly. He leaned back in his seat as he waited calmly. He figured that she was going to tell the others the new information that he had gathered. Now all he needed was to find out where they were keeping the monster. Rumor was there was a mortal who could rival his abilities and practically anyone they had put him up against. He needed to use that to his advantage because he knew that he was no match for the beast physically.

After talking with Loki, Maeve headed to inform Fury of what she had learned. Regardless of if Loki wanted her to know that information or not, it would be helpful regardless to at least know what they needed to prepare for. But hopefully, they wouldn't have to. Hopefully they could find the Tesseract and shut it down before any portals were opened or anything like that. She explained to Fury what she had learned, who then was calling the rest of the Avengers together, meeting in the room where Bruce and Tony were working to find the Tesseract, as well as doing some research of their own apparently.

This led into a fight to break out, though mostly between Tony and Steve who were fighting each other. Before long though, they were interrupted by what clearly felt and sounded like an explosion. And considering they were on a flying mass, it obviously was directed at them and came from their airship.

~

Peter could see she wasn't about to take his tutoring for free and absolutely nothing. Which honestly he could kind of understand. Tutoring could be a hassle for himself too sometimes, especially depending on the person. He didn't do it a whole lot, but he did for his best friend occasionally. But even he could be a handful to try and teach things too. He wasn't sure how bad Hailey was, from the way she was making herself sound to be, but he was up for it. Plus, he wouldn't deny he would enjoy a chance to actually get to know her more. Partly because yeah, she was popular and cute, but also because of the fact he felt he could connect a bit with her; they both went to the same school, same age, and both were secretly superheroes.

After proposing his idea to her, he smiled a bit when she seemed to agree to it and he nodded his head "Alright, deal then. After this whole mess is over with we can talk more about it and the specifics later" he said, before Fury was calling them all to meet up. He headed to the intel room with all the computers and everything, where the elf was talking to Fury, and it was soon informed to them how Loki was using the Tesseract to create a portal for an alien army to come raiding through new york. Manhatten specifically, it seemed to be found out. It wasn't much later however that the entire aircraft seemed to jolt from an explosion somewhere, and alarms where going off and reports of one of their main engines having gone offline.

Hailey smiled slightly and nodded. "Well thank you," she replied, "That's really sweet of you, Peter." She hadn't heard about him tutoring too many people but that could be because he worked to keep himself off the radar and she didn't typically hear too much about him except for the football players bragging about who they had taken lunch money and books from. She didn't know why she had let that go on while she was around.

She was about to say more too him but suddenly they were called back to meet with the rest of the group where they were informed about Loki's most recent plan update. An alien army? Was that real? No way was that possible, but then again, she had just met a god a few hours ago so, anything was possible. She shook her head slightly before watching both Tony and Steve start to bicker back and forth about what needed to do be done about Loki and the scepter.

Suddenly a shudder could be felt throughout the ship and a loud explosion emanated from somewhere nearby. Whatever had just happened it didn't sound good. Tony and Steve immediately split for the engine to see if Tony could get it running against because if not they would die and take out a decent number of people out with them. Hailey looked at Peter before speaking up. "Come on, we can't let that crazy God get away," she said before hurrying up towards the container that they were holding him in.

The explosion was music to Loki's ears and it was about time too. He was growing bored of his new prison. He stood up when he saw his accomplice walk in and smiled as the door slid open. He walked out and nodded in his direction. "Bring this thing down," he said, "I'm not interested in prisoners. Kill them all."

Peter smiled a bit and nodded his head "I don't really mind, I just hope I can help" he said, before they were all soon meeting together and talking about the plans the elf seemed to get out of Loki. He was a bit in disbelief too "Aliens? Like, actual beings from out of this world kind of thing? That's crazy!" he said, half doubting, and half excited. Either he wasn't scared, or he really didn't comprehend what exactly 'army' meant in numbers.

When the spider hero of sorts started talking excitedly, Maeve frowned and narrowed her eyes at him "I don't think you'll be quite as excited once you meet them. I get that you're young, but this isn't some game" she snapped at him. She didn't understand how carefree he could seem about this whole situation. Did he not quite grasp the consequences this situation could hold if they all failed?

Soon, with one engine out, Steve and Tony were running off to fix it, and Thor quickly going to find his brother. Maeve quickly followed after Thor, mainly because she had a feeling of how reckless he could be since it was his own brother he would have to deal with. The two of them probably shouldn't be left alone. Quickly racing after Thor, she was a little bit behind him. By the time she arrived, she saw Thor falling for Loki's trick "Thor no-!" she called, but it was too late, and he'd already run right into his trap, and was locked inside the container. Her eyes darted over to Loki who was by the controls, and she quickly directed her open palm in the direction, freezing over the control system so he hopefully wouldn't be able to drop the container or anything.

When the ship shook and jolted, Peter quickly put a hand to a wall to stabilize himself, sticking his hand to the wall to keep himself from falling over. Hearing Hailey's words, he nodded his head in agreement "Lets hurry" he agreed, quickly pulling his mask back on while running after Hailey in the direction of the large containment that was supposed to hold Loki, but instead, now held Thor.

Hailey ran off with Peter but slid to a stop when she saw Thor in Loki's place. This guy was better at what he did than she thought he would be. Hailey was about to send an energy beam in Loki's direction but suddenly an explosion happened around them and both she and Peter fell through the ground and landed on the basement floor. She landed with a small breath of air being expelled from her body as she hit the ground. She winced for a moment before realizing what happened and looking around for the marksman.

"Peter, are you alright?" she muttered as her eyes darted around to try and see where the person was shooting from. Suddenly she heard a creak in the floor and she managed to render herself invisible before moving to Peter's side and grabbing him by his shoulder and putting a hand over his mouth so that he too could no longer be seen.

Loki had moved to protect himself against an energy blast from the young woman but he smirked when he heard the explosion swallow the two up. He used it to make a move on Maeve before striking her down with the butt of spear and moving past her. "Perhaps I should have told you about this part of my plan too but honestly how much fun would that really be?" he said before smirking down at her.

He moved past her quickly before hurrying out towards where the original explosion had taken place. A few of his accomplices had a carrier waiting for him that he climbed aboard before disappearing and leaving Hawkeye to fend for himself.

Maeve was relieved she had at least frozen the control panels for the glass containment cell. Thor may be strong, but if Loki sent that containment free with Thor in it, and he wasn't able to get out before he hit the ground, he very well could die, and if not that, then would certainly be seriously injured and out of commission for quite a while - well after the fight would be over.

Her heightened elf hearing picked up the sound of something flying through the air, and she had jumped back a second before the explosive arrow hit the ground, causing it to blow up and losing Spider-man and Mirage through the hole in the floor. Before the smoke had fully cleared, Loki had already moved on her, and she gasped out as her feet feel from beneath her, and she hit the ground hard. Before she could get up and retaliate, Loki was running off. Cursing, she forced her sore body up and ran after him, but stopped short as she reached the open damages to the ship, and Loki was across the gap of air, in another aircraft and far gone by the time she had gotten there.

~

As Peter hurried after to the room with Hailey, he stopped short upon seeing the scene. It didn't seem goo. Not only was Thor now the one in the container, but Loki was seconds away from dropping him out of the sky. The elf had frozen the controls though thankfully before he could do that. He still couldn't be too relieved though, since Thor was the one in the containment. In his mind, Thor and Loki were the two gods of sort on board, so logically, Thor had the best chance of stopping Loki. Yet Thor was unable to do anything at the moment.

As his mind was running with scenarios and thoughts of how to proceed, suddenly the ground gave out from beneath them. He quickly shot webs out from his hand to the direction of the ceiling, it catching on something. It was too cloudy with smoke though he couldn't find Hailey and catch her from the fall with him. When it finally started to clear, he dropped to the ground, which he'd caught himself just feet above "Right here, I'm fine. What about you?" he asked as he reached a hand out to help her up, looking around the new and unfamiliar area of the ship they were in.

Hailey stayed quiet for a moment as she looked around for where the explosion came from. She watched slowly as Peter repelled himself down with his webbing. Suddenly though she saw a slight glance of light. "Peter!" she yelled before running over and tackling him out of the way as an arrow whizzed past him.

She got up quickly and looked around for the shooter but before she could react the archer jumped into her line of sight and hit her back with his bow. Hailey hit the wall hard before falling to the ground. It hurt like hell and it was clear that the assassin wasn't finished yet. He made a move and tried to aim an arrow at the pair.
~
Loki pulled himself into the carrier and looked back to see Maeve behind him. He gave her a smirk before disappearing into the carrier and the door slid shut.

He spoke to a few of his men for a moment before they told him that the Tesseract was safely with them and that everything was running according to plan. He was tempted to release the "Hawkeye" from his spell but he decided against it. Perhaps he could still do a bit of damage to the rest of his own team. With any luck he manage to kill at least one of them.

Maeve cursed as she saw Loki fly away, and as much as losing him was an issue, they had bigger issues to worry about. If they didn't take control of the ship, all of them would die, and then they wouldn't be able to do anything at all. It turns out the hulk was on a rampage as well, and their former ally Hawkeye, was still under Loki's mind control and attacking as well.

Maeve quickly ran back to where Thor was still locked up, since she had been quick to follow after Loki, Thor had just been left there. She ran over to the controls, unfreezing them and quickly finding the right button, closing the hole beneath the container, as well as opening the door for Thor "we need to get you to Bruce. I think you're the only one here strong enough to face him" she said. Thankfully it's not like it was hard to find him.

~

Peter's feet had just hit the ground when he heard Hailey calling out his name. He turned quickly on his heel in her direction, before he gasped out when she suddenly tackled him and they fell to the ground a few feet away from where he had been standing, where an arrow now had just exploded. Hailey had gotten up before him, and was suddenly facing off against the archer.

"Hailey!" he called out, quickly getting up and shooting his web at the archer. He managed to grab his bow with the string, yanking it away from him and tossing it far aside. They needed to keep him from shooting those arrows. Aside from the fact he was skilled, and they didn't ant to get hit of course, they also needed to stop him because he was blowing the ship apart with those explosive arrows of his. Shooting more webs around the man, he wrapped it around his torso with his arms bound to his sides, and yanked him hard to the floor.

Hailey winced as she hit the wall and then the ground. She felt a bit woozy for a moment so she was lucky that Peter was there to help her. She was about to try and help him out but Peter seemed to have things well in hand.

Hawkeye seemed a bit surprised by the kids abilities and he wasn't sure how respond. He was powerless to stop the webbing from hitting him and eventually he got so tangled that he fell and hit his head and immediately stopped moving. Hailey sat up and looked at the fallen hero before looking over at Peter. "Thanks," she said as she got up.
~
Thor was quite grateful when Maeve came to let him out. He knew his brother would have killed him should he have been given the chance. "I agree," Thor replied before summoning his hammer to his side, "Where is he?" Suddenly there was a loud bellowing roar that filled the carried. "Never mind," Thor commented before he took off and headed out to find Bruce.

He was rampaging through the area, chasing after the black widow and Thor quickly sent his hammer into the monster with himself attached to it. "Now Bruce I don't want to hurt...," but before he could finish Bruce hit him back against the wall before roaring in his face.

As she let Thor out and mentioned the Hulk, she didn't need to answer his question as they soon found him, or heard where he was. Maeve took off following after Thor to back him up if he needed it, though would primarily leave the fight to Thor, since he was the only one with the physical strength to match the Hulk and be able to take a few hits without being killed or anything.

She watched as Thor tried to talk to Bruce while he was the Hulk, and she saw it was getting nowhere "I don't think you have to worry about hurting him, Thor" she suggested, as the fight unfolded. Hulk actually got a few good hits on Thor, probably some hits that Thor wasn't used to taking. Eventually though, Thor won, although....the hulk was sent flying out of the opening in the airship. Before long, things were back under control and the engine had been repaired. But this wasn't even the main fight, and they still needed to get to the Tesseract before Loki.

~

Peter wasn't sure what exactly they should do with the man, since he was a under mind control of sorts. He was supposed to be on their side, if not for Loki influencing his mind, so Peter felt about actually really hurting him or anything. But he also had to fight seriously to keep up with the other since Hawkeye wasn't going easy on them or anything. Eventually, after tying him up with his webbing, he yanked him down to the floor and the way he fell caused him to hit his head pretty hard, knocking him unconscious.

"Phew" he huffed, releasing his hold on the webbing, though keeping the man tied up as he looked over to Hailey "You okay?" he asked, watching her get up and seem a bit wobbly. Thankfully, the situation was under control and soon enough Hawkeye was brought to a secure room, his wrists bound until they could get him out of his mind control and they were sure he wouldn't be a problem or anything. Natasha had eventually found the room and stayed with him.

Hailey nodded slightly. "Ya I'm fine," she replied, "I've had worse." She heard the loud roar emanated from above them and she looked at Peter. "It never really ends does it?" she asked with a shake of her head. She figured the hulk had been unleashed and there was little she and Peter could do against a beast like that.

She hurried upstairs but by the time she arrived the hulk was gone and though peace had been restored, the helicarrier was left in shambles. She shook her head as she looked around. At least they were still afloat as Tony and Steve had finally managed to get the engine working again.

"We need to find Loki before he causes anymore trouble," Thor said as he crossed his arms over his chest. The rest of the team agreed that that was indeed their next priority as they needed to try and stay one step ahead of him. It would be hard but that's what needed to be done.

"Well where would he even go?" Hailey asked as she tilted her head.

Once Hulk was taken care of and no longer a threat to the ship or anything, things calmed down. But that didn't mean that anyone could relax. They were about to have a huge battle ahead of them if they couldn't figure out where Loki and the Tesseract was, and shut it all down before his army arrived. Tony seemed to figure out where he was headed though, to Maeve's relief. As strong as these humans were....she wasn't sure they were prepared to take on an alien army. And honestly she herself didn't want to either.

Peter was relieved to here Hailey was fine, though before they could do much else, they hear another issue, and he sighed in agreement with Hailey "Guess not. But then where would be the fun in that if it was all over?" he smirked jokingly, before he took a quick route upstairs. Grabbing onto Hailey with one hand, he used the other to shoot his webbing above the hole in the ceiling above them, reaching the floor above them and rushing to the side the Hulk was on. Or had been, anyways. Now he was gone. As much as he felt bad for Bruce that he had to be ridden of from the ship, if he couldn't change back and calm down, there wasn't much else they could do really.

After everything seemed to calm down and repairs were in order to keep the airship flying and safe for now, all the heroes had gathered together, where everyone seemed in agreement with Thor about finding Loki and capturing them. As Hailey asked where he would go, Tony walked in, suit-less, as he was pulling out a kink in his neck "He'd need a lot of clean energy to use the Tesseract, and knowing him, he'd want to do it where everyone can see him. Like having his named plastered on a...." he started before it clicked in his head "You've got to be kidding me" he sighed at the realization of where he was headed "he's headed for Stark Tower."

Hailey watched as he shot a web up onto the ceiling and she looked at him with a bit of confusion. "What are you...?" she started but before she could finish she felt an arm around her waist, "Oh you're doing that? Oh ok." She sounded a bit awkward. Despite her being so popular she didn't really have a ton of experience with dating so she want used to this kind of touching.

Finally they got back with the rest of team and it didn't take Tony long to figure out what was going on and where he would be going. "Tony why don't you go and try and to prevent him from turning it on. The rest of us can start the evacuation process incase things go south," Steve suggested as he put his shield on his back.

Hailey nodded slightly in agreement. "Doesn't sound too hard," she replied before Steve nodded, "As long as that army stays out of here it won't be. We need to be prepared though so bring whatever you need."

Peter couldn't help but chuckle a bit at her response to him pulling her along so they could catch up to the other faster and all. "What, not much of a flyer type of hero?" he joked lightly "really, its not so much flying. Its more like a really big swing of sorts" he shrugged his shoulder, naive and innocent not even realizing how he had held Hailey to carry her and how it might have seemed otherwise in a situation that wasn't their current one.

Maeve listened as they seemed to put a plan together; shut down the Tesseract, and evacuate the citizens of Manhattan. Which would bit rather difficult, and take some time. She sighed a bit at the mess this was really turning into. Once decisions had been made, Tony had left, putting his Iron Man suit back on before flying out towards Manhattan to try and shut down the Tesseract, in hopes they wouldn't have to end up dealing with an alien army.

Peter also wasn't interested in fighting an army. While he was interested to meet a real alien, he was smart enough to know he'd prefer to do it on friendlier matters, not on the brinks of an interworldly war of sorts. And he convinced himself that since Thor, Loki, and Maeve all came from different planets already, that they were technically aliens as well, so he could consider meeting one having already happened and done.

While Tony went off ahead of them to Stark Tower, the rest of them had followed after to Manhattan where they quickly arrived at the city, and began to try and get a handle and control over the situation. Before they could evacuate people though, it seemed Tony was too late, as a bright light shot up at the sky, opening a massive black hole of sorts. And then came the army.

The team was quick to decide what they needed to do as no one bothered to argue with the Captain. There really was no easy way out of this so the more they could rely on one person as their leader the better. Tony went off to try and figure where Loki was and hopefully stop his plan from happening.

The rest of them hurried people out of the area. Hailey just prayed that she wouldn't have to deal with any of this. She didn't want to fight an army. She never signed up to fight in a war. She signed up to stop a lunatic God from hurting anyone.

Suddenly though a giant portal opened in the sky as a beam radiated form the top of the Stark tower roof. "Holy crap," she whispered as she watched as aliens began flooding the skies. She made sure to create a force field around them as blaster fire rain down on them. Hawkeye was the first to strike as he was on a roof near where the portal had opened.

Hailey let her force field come down after a few of them landed and she began to shoot a few laser beams at them.

Loki watched from above in Stark Tower as his army flooded the city. It felt good to watch all his hard work pay off though he knew it wasn't over quiet yet. He would need to out last these so called avengers. Eventually they would get tired and they would start to make mistakes and that was when he would strike them the hardest.

Thankfully they all had arrived at Manhatten before any armies had been unleashed. But the fact of the matter was there was still the army as it started to appear. Maeve cursed a bit under her breath, looking towards the top of Stark Tower where the portal was being created from. She could see Tony up there, appearing to be fighting and she presumed Loki was there as well. She hoped Toni would be able to take care of him...because right now they all had their hands full with the invading aliens.

Maeve shot blasts of ice at the aliens near her, attacking them as she ran through the city. It was hard to get more than a few feet though before having to fight off a handful of aliens. She ran through the streets, focusing on fighting the aliens while Steve was focusing on helping the citizens, evacuating them and keeping them safe. Maeve couldn't help but question when, and if, this army would end. But so long as that portal was open, they were going to lose.

As Peter had arrived with the rest of the avengers, it seemed they were just in time to see the opening of the portal, and he froze, eyes wide as he stared up in awe at it. It was just like something out of a sci-fi film or something like that. He almost couldn't believe it - it was still hard to wrap his head around. Sure, he was a superhero, and people with powers didn't phase him that much anymore, for obvious reasons such as himself. But still, things like other words and aliens and gods...before today those things still hadn't really existed to him.

He didn't have much time for awe and comprehension though, as there were thousands of those aliens flying around all overhead and everywhere through the city. Peter was quick to get back to action, and he tried shooting his webs at them individually "There's just too many of them!" he said as he struggled to get them. Realizing this wasn't working well, he made a sort of net with his webs. He moved around between the tall buildings, swinging between them and to and from as he made large webs that connected above a street from one building to another, so to hopefully lead a bunch of them down a street, and straight into the web.

"I'd have to agree with peter on this one," Hailey commented as she kicked one of the aliens back and shot him with an energy beam.

"We just need to contain them," Steve said as he threw his shield, hitting several aliens in the face before catching the shield on the rebound.

"Easier said than done Captain," she said as shot another one into a wall.

This was getting out of hand. The only chance they had was to close the portal. Without that waves upon waves of aliens were going to keep raining from the sky and they would eventually be too tired to keep up and fall. That was Loki's plan and at the moment it seemed to be working. The heroes were overwhelmed by what they had endured and they hadn't even made a dent in the army forces.

Loki watched with a smirk on his face as they fought. It had been going on for a little while and he knew he was starting to wear them down. Some more than others but eventually he knew they would all fall. His brother and Maeve were going to be the tough ones. The mortals didn't stand a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back