• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Marvel Universe (Closed)

Hailey ate lunch and finished up the day as she normally did. She went to the rest of her classes and then attended cheerleading practice after school. She enjoyed getting back to her routine. It felt good and it was what she needed ever since what happened in New York.

Ned went to Peter's apartment after school and hung out for awhile. His aunt brought them some after school snacks as she always did. She was really nice to say the least. "Are you going to tell her about tonight?" he asked. He knew she was quite protective of Peter so she wasn't even sure if she would let them go. He was secretly praying she wouldn't.
~
Odin listened to her but shook his head as she spoke. "We do not recognize that argument unless the accused is unable to tell the difference between right and wrong. He knew what he was choosing when he chose this path. He betrayed Asgard, Alfheim, and Midgard by his actions. In Asgard such acts are punishable by death, but we have not taken that route because he is my son."

Loki scoffed at that. "Don't call me your son," he hissed at his father, "You have 1 son and 1 alone. I don't want anything to do with you or Asgard. And you. I don't need your pity." He directed his attention right at Maeve. "I'm not a child. I knew what I was doing and if I had the chance now I would do it all again without question. My father raised me from the day I was born to be a king only to find out that he had no intention of giving me anything. I was just a prop to him, and I refuse to do that again."

Maeve didn't have anything to argue with against Odin's words, because she knew he was right. Loki was well aware of what he had done, and what was right or wrong in all of his actions. So she couldn't really argue further. However, she still felt that Odin and his people of Asgard were being incredibly biased towards Loki, and that that was not fair. But she didn't quite know what she could really do about it right now.

And Loki certainly didn't seem to help himself as he spoke up, snapping at Odin as well as herself. She sighed heavily, shaking her head a bit at his outburst "Well you certainly act like one" she couldn't help but bitterly comment beneath her breath with a shake of her head. She still wasn't sure if Loki was just trying to put on a show or what, but she really couldn't help but feel invested in his case. She didn't necessarily pity him, like he said, but more so the more involved she became in this whole ordeal and Loki, the more she felt he truly had been a victim in a way - not nearly the same as the victims of Misgard he'd harmed and killed, but in a different way. He felt he'd been betrayed and lied to his whole life, which caused him to act the way he did.

~

Surprisingly Peter - and Ned - had been able to go the whole day without being picked on by Flash and his gang of the football team. It was a very nice reprieve for the nerds, especially for Peter who was still a bit sore and recovering from all the fighting of the other day. He didn't stick around long once classes were out, not wanting to risk ruining the so-far good day, and he headed back to his apartment with Ned.

As they sat in his room, they still got some homework done before they would go to the party that night, and as usual, his Aunt provided snacks and drinks for them. Hearing Ned speak up about her though, he sighed a bit "Well I have to say something, don't I? With you hear she's going to check on us more often" he said as he thought of something "I'll just say we're working on a project! Which is why you're here so late, and that we left something we need at your place. I think she'll let me leave for that."

Ned looked at Peter with a bit of skepticism. He had never known Peter to lie before especially not to his aunt. She could be very overprotective sometimes...well all the time.., but he still never tried to pull anything over her eyes as far as he knew. "Are you sure?" he asked rather hesitantly, before finally giving in. At around 8 pm they gathered up their things and began to head out. Like Peter had anticipated, his aunt agreed to let them go but she didn't want them to stay at Ned's too long. With that they headed out the door and started for Hailey's.

Hailey smiled as a few people began to arrive. Her best friends had already been here for a few hours getting ready and helping one another decide on what they were going to wear. Hailey had decided on a black crop top that she had gotten near the end of summer last year and a pair of jean shorts. She had a drink in her hand as she listened to one of baseball players try to chat her up but she wasn't all that interested.

Jason, one of the football players, smirked when he saw Peter and Ned walk in. "Did you two get lost on your way to Loserville?" he asked as the 3 other guys he was talking to started laughing, "But seriously all of these girls here are way too hot for you so remind me again why you're here?" Ned was about to kill Peter right then and there for talking him into this, but before he could he heard a voice over by the edge of the pool. "Jason, do you know what they say about guys with big mouths?" Hailey asked as Jason smirked at her, "They're very small everywhere else, and I think you just proved that theory from what Kelly told me about what happened 2 nights ago. She said you were so small down there she could barely even see it. Maybe you should go get that looked at by a doctor. Bye Jason." His smile fell as his friends howled with laughter before he gave Peter and Ned a glare and walked off.
Hailey's outfit: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ba/16/f6/ba16f6db3624a1ae9354310975ef1be0.jpg
~
Loki glared at her before Odin intervened. "That's enough, Loki," he snapped at him but Loki was far from done. "You just can't bare the thought that I'm right and you're wrong. If you have anyone to blame for this it's you. You and your precious son did this to me and to Midgard. I lived my entire life in a lie because of you, and I will never forgive you for it," he snapped, but Thor wasn't about to let anyone speak to his father like that.

"You did this to yourself, Loki," Thor growled, "You attacked Midgard, you got involved with the Chitauri, and you were the one who made us all believe that you were dead just to do that. Don't you dare act like you never pulled anything over someone's eyes as you accuse my father of doing." Loki glared at his brother and rolled his eyes. "You're so naive, Thor," his younger brother commented with a shake of his head, "I weep knowing that Asgard has to be in your uncapable hands."

Thor didn't like that as he got up from his chair and stalked towards his brother angrily, but his mother was quick to get up and stand between them. "Stop it," Frigga snapped at Thor before looking at Loki, "Both of you." She was the only one that Loki still remotely cared for. His mother had always stood by his side while his father always took Thor's. He had to respect her for that and he knew it. He did still love her but he couldn't bare to show it as it hurt too much, knowing that he had disappointed her with what he had done.

Maeve sighed a bit as the family - the males of the family, anyways - started to snap at each other and argue amongst themselves. This was one of the things she had been worried about in the first place. Loki was already despised or resented in some way by not only his family but a large majority of asgardians, and she knew it wouldn't set for a fair trial for him. She had a feeling because of how involved everyone was in it, that it was Loki's own family running the trial, that things would go south.

She sighed a bit as the men of the family all argued and seemed to want their word to be the one above the others. Thankfully, Frigga had stepped in to try and calm the situation, and Maeve had just remained silent through the most of all of that, not wanting to get involved exactly, until a few moments passed and things were calmed down, thanks to Frigga "I apologize to be frank, but I thought we were having a trial here and not a family feud of a reunion" she spoke, not wanting the bickering to continue as whatever was said and happened probably would just make the outcome of this trial rougher for Loki.

~

Thankfully, his plan seemed to work, and it didn't take long for Peter and Ned to get out of the house. He did feel a bit bad for lying so blatantly to his aunt, but there wasn't much else he could do about it if they wanted to go. Being spider-man and leaving as him was different, since usually his Aunt would either be asleep, or Peter would use pillows and such in his bed to make it look like he was asleep or something in case his Aunt checked on him. And she never thought any wiser, and it worked. But since Ned was over, he couldn't really use that trick for tonight.

As they were leaving the house though, the warning alarms in his head were going off like crazy, telling him this was a stupid idea, and they should just turn around and go back. And the closer they got to the party, the more the alarms went off in his head. As they arrived at the party, it didn't take more than a minute for them to be found by a jock, and Peter tensed a bit nervously, trying to come up with something to say. Thankfully, a familiar and friendly voice intervened and helped them out, and as he watched Jason leave, he awkwardly moved closer to Hailey "Hey um...thanks..." he trailed off, glancing around a bit. It was obvious Peter and Ned didn't fit in, and weren't comfortable in the part setting "I um...it's a nice party you've got going..." he trailed off, trying to find something to say so there wasn't an awkward silence or anything, in attempts to cover his clear out of place-ness.

Hailey smirked slightly as Jason walked away with his friends and teammates laughing in the background. She turned her attention to Peter and Ned and smiled at the pair. "Hey," she said as she got up from her spot on the side of the pool, "Thanks. It's actually pretty tame right now but something tells me once the football players have a bit more to drink they will be causing trouble."

"Did you guys want anything to drink?" she asked with a small smile, "Even just like water or something?" She figured they weren't really the drinking type but then again maybe Peter would surprise her. "I really didn't think you guys would show," she admitted with a smile, "But I'm glad you did. It's good that you guys can get out for a little bit, and just relax." Ned looked at Peter and he could tell they were probably going to be here longer than Peter had assured him they were going to be.
~
Loki glared at his brother before relaxing back in his chair when his mother stepped in. He leaned back and managed to cross his arms. Though he said that he was not a child he certainly did appear like one. Odin looked at Maeve before dismissing the Jury to deliberate. It didn't take them long, maybe about an hour or so before they came to the unanimous conclusion that Loki should be in prison for the rest of his life.

Frigga wasn't happy with the decision but in order to keep the peace she didn't say anything more. Soon the guards gathered Loki up and as he passed Maeve he sent a glare in her direction. He didn't need her help nor did he want it.

Maeve sighed a bit as the jury was soon dismissed, and she leaned back in her chair. She glanced to Loki and she knew the Jury already had a decision before this trial had even started. The fact it was fully of asgardians already made it incredibly biased. And the fact that the all seemed to ones that already had a definite negative view of Loki wasn't really looking good for Loki either.

As the jury came back in such a short amount of time, in only further confirmed what she already suspected, and she sighed a bit. She honestl believed what she said, about there being hope for Loki and that he might be able to not be so destructive if gotten help and the proper attention he needed. She ignored Loki's glare, unphased by it as she just watched the guards take him away and he disappeared out of the room.

~

Peter watched as Jason left with his friends, and was thankful for Hailey's saving. She was a hero with and without a mask on. He looked back over to her as he approached her, and smiled a bit awkwardly as he greeted her before she commented how she didn't believe they would come, and that only made him feel more awkward. Oh no...had she not actually intended for them to come? Was she just being nice with that invitation? As she said she was glad about it though, Peter still felt a little uncertain, and as she asked them about drinks, he shifted a bit.

"Oh, no...that's okay. I don't think we're going to be here for long..." he trailed off as he glanced to Ned, before back at Hailey. He had a feeling she would try and convince them otherwise though, and he wasn't too sure how he would feel being around this party for too much longer though. Especially if he ran into Flash and his friends, which he honestly really didn't want to do.

Hailey brushed her hair back and smiled before nodding. Quite a few more people had shown up, some drunker than others. She paid them little mind though as she spoke to Peter and Ned. She felt like she didn't have to be so uptight around them like she did with her other friends. She could be free to do and say what she wanted and they wouldn't judge her.

"Oh Peter would it be alright if I came over to your house tomorrow?" she asked, "For a bit of Chemistry help I mean. I should probably start preparing for or test sooner rather than later."
~
Thor walked over and gave her a hand to help her up out of her chair. "Thank you for doing this," he said gently. Thor wasn't completely aware of his father's plan to just put Loki away. He wasn't as smart as his younger brother and didn't pick up on little injustices like that. It really would have been best for the two of them to be king where Loki could handle the decision making and Thor could use his good personality and fighting skills.

"My family would love if you would join us for dinner before you leave," he continued with a slight nod. The Asgardians were usually pretty courteous to other worldly beings especially when they helped them get what they wanted.

As Loki was lead out first, the people in the room started to be dismissed as well and went off on their own things. It was cruel in a way....some of them, even the jury, didn't seem all that affected by what they had just done. They had just basically ended a mans life, sentencing him for life. She shook her head at the lack of remorse in many of the asgardians' faces. She had agreed that Loki needed to be locked away for a very long time, and he did indeed need a severe punishment, but she felt life was too severe - she didn't really believe in sentencing for life for anyone, though that probably had to do with her more alfheimian believes.

She was brought out of her thoughts when she sat THor's hand to help her out of her seat, and she offered him a smile, taking it as she thanked him and stood up. She was surprised to hear his family wanted her to join them for dinner, but she lightly nodded her head "I'd love to, thank you" she agreed. The more Maeve was exposed to the family, the more she was starting to get a feel of how dysfunctional it could be. And while it bothered her, she also felt like she wanted to know more about them, to try and understand them if she could.

~

Peter was trying to figure out a route of escape. As much as he did want to talk to Hailey and spend more time with her, this really wasn't his kind of setting. And he'd by lying if he said her clothes weren't a bit of a distraction as well - not that he was complaining about that, certainly. He was still a teenage guy after all, and one that wasn't used to being so close and friendly with those of the female gender - particularly ones as attractive as Hailey.

He didn't realize he was spacing out when Hailey had asked him a question, and Ned had to nudge him to get his attention. He jumped a bit, before snapping too and realizing what she asked "O-oh....um, my place? I uh....sure....I guess that would be alright. I mean, I just kinda live in a small apartment, but if that's okay with you..." he stammered off awkwardly. He knew he'd offered to help her study, and it's not that he had a problem with that, but more so the realization of having Hailey over his apartment.

Hailey watched as Peter fumbled with his words. She didn't really expect that because she had spoken to Peter a few times when they were out fighting Loki and she never really saw him zone out the way he had. She brushed her hair back behind her shoulder and smiled. "I mean it's up to you," she replied, "My house is probably going to be a complete mess after all of this, so my place probably won't be the best for studying.

Ned looked around and he was starting to try and figure out what would get Peter out of here the quickest. A few people passed by and looked at the pair knowing that they didn't belong. He just felt uncomfortable here. He watched as Hailey took another sip of her drink before pulling her phone out of her pocket. "Here put your number in and text me where you live and what time works for you," she replied. Ned looked at Peter. He didn't know much about women but usually getting their phone number was a good thing even if it was just for homework purposes.
~
Once they started to eat it was clear that the only one who was distraught was Frigga. The rest of the Asgardians didn't really seem to care that Loki was gone. Thor seemed a little upset by it but it soon passed once he was with his friends. The worst part was this was how Loki had grown up. No one really wanted him around but his mother had insisted that wherever Thor went Loki should go to. It was almost a way of forcing people to hang out with her youngest son.

That had worn on Loki just like it would wear on anyone. He hated that his brother was always loved more by everyone else. He hated the fights that he had gotten into defending Thor though he knew very well that he would never receive the same respect in return. Everyone hated him and simply because he was different than the rest of them.

As dinner had begun, Maeve found herself regretting accepting the invitation. She knew she wasn't expecting the best, from what had happened in the trial between Loki and his father, as well as Thor. She sat there at the table silently, glancing around as everyone pretty much conversed among themselves. Thor occupied with his friends and Odin with his own as well. She noticed Frigga seemed a bit quiet as well though, and Maeve just sighed a bit as she glanced down at her plate. Not a word or mention of Loki was brought up.

Maeve found herself growing irritated by the display of absolute carelessness towards their own family member. Sure, he was a criminal, but Maeve was starting to feel like she cared about Loki more than his own family did - and that was saying a lot, since she herself didn't approve of Loki and his actions at all still. But the fact his own family didn't show any remorse of his absence, and for the reason he was absence, truly bothered her. She didn't know if it was his family that was heartless, or that that's just how different Asgardians and Alfheinians really were. Taking a heavy sigh, she set her silverware down, not overly loudly, but enough to catch some people attention as she turned her gaze to Odin. "Why did you adopt Loki?" she asked. If no one else was going to talk about him, then she would, he deserved that much at least.

~

Peter shook his head a bit when she seemed to think he didn't really want her over "Oh no, my place is fine, don't worry" he said quickly when she said how they wouldn't really be able to be at hers because the mess that would be left behind from the party. Glancing around, he could tell how trashed it was already getting. He looked back at her when she pulled her phone out and handed it to him, and he just stared at it dumbfounded for a moment as if he'd never seen a phone before.

He realized she was trying to exchange numbers, and he nodded "Oh, r-right, sure" he said as he took her phone and put his number in it, before he also got her number and had it put into his own phone "Right...I'll text you my address later then" he nodded with a smile as he handed her phone back to her "Well....we should probably get going..." he said glancing to Ned who was more than ready to run out of there.

Hailey watched and smiled slightly. It took him a minute to figure out what he was supposed to do with the phone, but eventually he took it and they exchanged numbers. "What?" she asked with a smile, "You guys just got here." She knew this wasn't really their setting just like the library wasn't her's. "We want to go back and get a little bit of homework done," Ned admitted knowing that Peter could get sucked back in by Hailey's charm and that was the last thing that he wanted to happen.

She nodded slightly with a smile still on her lips. "I gotchya," she said before looking over at Peter, "Text me later ok?" With that she turned and headed back to the side of the pool where almost immediately one of the soccer players came and sat down right next to her. When she turned her back Ned quickly grabbed Peter and started to pull him out of there. "We're never doing that again," he told him quickly as they meandered through the crowd to get out of the backyard area.
~
The rest of asgardians seemed surprised when the elf stood up and spoke out. They were usually more quiet creatures but this one was definitely not like the others. Odin looked at her and realized that she was actually wanting an answer. He figured he would be honest as he wasn't afraid to tell the truth. "Because I thought that he could unite his world of Jotunheim with our world of Asgard and promote peace between us," he replied, "That all fell apart though when I realized what he really was."

Frigga looked at Odin and glared at him for a moment before she got up and walked over to Maeve. Some people began talking again as if trying to act like Maeve never said anything. "Come with me," Frigga whispered softly to the young elf before she guided her out of the large dining room and onto the balcony where it was much more quiet. She looked back at the young woman and smiled slightly. "I thank you for trying to speak up for Loki," she said gently, "I apologize for his reaction but...he does believe that everyone is out to get him."

Maeve ignored the attention that she had brought upon herself and looked to Odin seriously for an answer. Upon hearing his reply, she was only further upset and glared a bit at him. "Realized what he really was?" she spoke in disbelief. She was angry, but it wasn't quite in her nature to show such an emotion, so despite her tone, she remained composed and level-headed. "You mean to say when you realized he wasn't your son? You never thought of him as one in the first place. You didn't adopt him as a son, you adopted him as a political barrier. With such intentions its no wonder that Loki feels betrayed by you. How could you possibly blame him for feeling outcast, when you never considering him family in the first place?" she spoke in irritation at Odin. Before she could say any more though, Frigga had stood and spoke up, asking her to follow her.

Watching her, Maeve stood up silently and followed the woman out of the room and to the balcony she was led to, she looked to the woman as she spoke. She listened silently, before sighing and looking off the balcony "I think you misinterpret my disappointment in your family for me caring about Loki. You should not thank me" she spoke softly before the woman apologized for how Loki had acted "From my perspective, everyone is. All of Asgard anyways, even his own family....aside from you, perhaps. Can you blame him for feeling that?"

~

When Hailey seemed to question them leaving so soon, Peter contemplated rethinking it. She was right, they just got here. It was rude to leave so soon, wasn't it? He opened his mouth, about to say something when Ned cut him off, mentioning more home. Peter blinked a bit, confused as he looked to Ned "What? I thought we finished all of our homework already?" he spoke up, confused, and not realizing Ned was just coming up with another way to get them out of there.

Hailey seemed to give in though, and they were soon heading to leave as Hailey turned back to her party. Hearing her last words about texting her later, he nodded his head "Y-yeah! I will!" he assured her, before Ned was dragging him off and away from the crowds, weaving through people as they headed back to the front and the street. Peter was still in a slight daze thinking of the fact he actually got Hailey's number when Ned was talking about never doing something like that again. Snapping out of it, he blinked a few times "What? Oh, yeah yeah, right" he agreed, having half heard what Ned.

Ned sighed and shook his head. "Oh please you're not even listening," he said sigh a shake of his head, "You've got t bad. Peter, I hate to say this but Hailey isn't really in our league. I don't know why you're even bothering with her. She usually goes out with...jocks and athletic guys...not boys who can list just about every element on the periodic table."

Hailey did her best to not go too hard that night but the last person didn't leave until around 3 in the morning. She crashed in her room for a few hours before her alarm clock went off. She groaned into her pillow before turning it off. She would go later as she usually did when she had nights out like this though she soon gave herself the excuse that she didn't need to go.
~
Frigga shook her head before sitting down on one of the benches on the balcony. "Is it not the same thing?" she asked gently before shaking her head, "I don't blame my son for the way he feels. What he did was wrong and I know it, but I hardly feel like he deserves all the blame. I can for my sons, both of them. It breaks my heart to see one separated from me like this."

It was clear that Frigga genuinely cared about Loki though she knew no one else did. She always took his side even when he upset her. She knew someone had to stand up for him since Odin never would. "I know there's good in him," she whispered as she looked up at Maeve, "Thank you for recognizing that."

Maeve didn't know how to argue with Frigga when she seemed to think it was the same thing. Maeve herself didn't believe so, Loki was a handful, and dangerous, she didn't approve of his character. But she couldn't help but be more irritated by the way the majority of his family reacted to him. She didn't understand how a father could be so selfish like how he had been when he took the responsibility of raising Loki, and what a selfish response she had received from him regarding why he adopted the boy.

She shook her head to herself, before turning her attention back to Frigga as she spoke up again. Maeve could tell she did care about Loki, and unlike the rest of his family perhaps, Frigga was bothered by what happened to Loki and the current circumstances and everything. When she thanked her for recognizing good in Loki, Maeve smiled slightly as she leaned against the railing "I believe there is good in every individual. Some just get lost finding it for themselves" she spoke softly.

~

Peter frowned a bit "I totally am listening" he argued childishly as he walked down the street with Ned, before hearing him talk about what Peter already knew, reminding him how out of their league that she was and he shouldn't bother. He sighed a bit, knowing that he was right. Even though Ned didn't know about all the superhero sides of both himself and Hailey...Peter knew he shouldn't let that make him think things could be any different. Shaking his head to himself, he waved to Ned as they reached his house first, saying goodnight to him before he headed back to his own apartment.

When he got back and his Aunt asked where Ned was, since the excuse had been they were going to pick up the rest of their 'project' they had to work on from Ned's place, Peter felt bad, but just lied to her again "Oh uh...we'll it got later than we expected faster, so he stayed and went to sleep for the night. You know what, I'm actually really tired myself, Goodnight" he said, before disappearing off to his room for the night before going to school the next day, curiously noting that Hailey was absent.

Hailey got up around 1 and figured that it was too late to try and go to school so instead she drank a great deal of water and made something to eat before doing a bit of cleaning up. She noted that Peter still hadn't texted her so she sent him a quick text to see if they could still study tonight. She was a little surprised that she never heard anything from him but perhaps he was busy.

"Hey it's Hailey. Just wondering if you were ok to study tonight. Let me know!" the text said before she said it over to his phone. She continued to clean a bit of her house before going to get changed in preparation to go to peter's.
~
Frigga smiled slightly and nodded. "I would have to agree. My son is a good man I promise you. I raised him to be a kind and caring person but I feel that his father instilled a hatred in him that I didn't anticipate," she said quietly. She hated to take sides as she just wanted her family to get along but sadly that didn't seem like an option.

Maeve actually enjoyed speaking with Frigga. She seemed to be of a much more reasonable and caring mind, which got along well with Maeve and overall the way elves could be viewing things. Well, certain subspecies of elves, anyways. Not all were as empathetic and concerned with fairness and peace as others. Like the dark elves, in particular. Maeve, and ice elf was just a subspecies of the light elves which resided in Alfheim. But even some of the light elves could be too mischievous and more destructive in inclination - though that typically was more with the dark elves.

"You're his mother, and seem far more reasonable than Odin, and even Thor. But if you wish any good to still come out of Loki, even though he's been sentenced for life, abandoning him completely will only cause him more pain and suffering. Even though I feel he'd be the type to refuse to show as such." she spoke, inclining that she hoped Frigga would still see to visiting Loki. She didn't expect anything from Odin or Thor. But even if he was locked up for life, the person, Loki in this case, was still alive, and could still suffer. He needn't be abandoned entirely.
~

After waking up and going to school, Peter remembered that Serena wanted to study that night. He was initially going to text her that morning, but Ned had stopped him. He told him if he was going to go through with it and still try he at least had to not look so desperate. She was already out of his league, and while Ned made a comment of how he didn't understand why he bothered with Peter and his interest in Hailey, he said he had to not appear so eager to text.

Peter didn't know where Ned was going with his nonsense, and was just going to text her, but to appease Ned he waited until later. He was curious as to where she was though, upon noticing that she wasn't in her classes that he had with her. He hoped nothing bad had happened at the party or anything. He was packing up at his locker, and about to text him when he actually got one from her first. He smiled a bit before responding back while heading home "Sure! Are you feeling okay? If not we can reschedule if you're sick today or something" he responded back to her, thinking maybe she missed school because she'd gotten sick. He really was clueless about parties.

Hailey finished cleaning up her backyard but unfortunately she still had a lot more to do. Her kitchen, living room, and dining room was lined with beer cans and red party cups. She let out a small sigh as she gazed over the mess. She wished she possessed super speed so she could clean this faster but alas she wa stuck doing this on her own.

Hailey paused her wallowing in self pity before smiling when she saw Peter's name light up her phone. She read his text before shaking her head and giggling. He really was naive. "Oh no I'm fine. Just a little hungover. What time should I head over?" she texted back to him before sending it over.
~
Frigga smiled slightly and bowed her head in thanks. "I appreciate the kind words," she replied as she looked out over the balcony, "most people think I'm crazy for wanting what's best for both my sons but I hardly let that get to me. I will say that it's refreshing to hear some appreciation."

She stood up for a moment and walked towards the railing before looking back at Maeve. "Would you like to come with me?" she asked gently, "To see Loki I mean. I do wish for him to know that not everyone is against him. He needs to learn trust. Perhaps if he can learn that he has a chance of getting out of prison while he's still alive." It was unlikely this would ever happen but...it was a mother's hope.

Maeve smiled slightly and nodded her head a bit "I only speak my mind. You've no need to thank me for that" she said. She could tell by the way Frigga spoke however about how glad she was to be able to talk to someone who didn't just want Loki to disappear and be forgotten. Even if he wasn't biological, and even if Odin never really considered him as much of a son as Thor was, Maeve could see the motherly love in Frigga's eyes as she spoke of Loki, and knew it was genuine.

When Frigga asked if she would go with her to see Loki though, she was honestly surprised, and wasn't quite sure how to react. It's not like she knew Loki personally or anything. In fact, she only knew him from his destruction which is what brought them to meet in chaos. She hesitated, unsure "I um...." she started, feeling a bit awkward "I'm not sure he would be pleased to see me" she started, bit Frigga seemed gently insistent, and hopeful for someone other than herself to have some sort of kindness towards her son, so in the end, Maeve ended up giving in, and followed the asgardian.

~

After texting her, it wasn't much longer before Peter had gotten back to his apartment, his Aunt asking the usual of how his day was and what was knew, if anything happened at school. Peter just smiled and shook his head "No, nothing new from twenty four hours ago" he teased his aunt a bit before pausing "Oh, um....actually" he spoke up again pausing just before he entered his room, looking to the woman "I have a friend coming over later. To study, you know? Is that alright?" he asked.

Aunt May looked curiously to her nephew "A friend? Is it not Ned again?" she asked before asking who this friend was, and Peter fidgeted a bit, already knowing how she would act "Um, no. Her name is Hailey" he said before May grew even more curious. A girl! Peter had never invited a girl over, now did May think he had any female friends. Smiling happily, she nodded "Of course, you should have her over for dinner too, since she's coming anyways!" she chimed while Peter rolled his eyes, and responded to Hailey's text. *My aunt wants to make dinner for you. I'm sorry, you totally don't have to if you don't want to* he apologized, feeling awkward now that she might be having dinner with them too. And his aunt would be there. How much lamer could he get?

Hailey looked down at her phone and smiled when she saw Peter's text. She had just expected to order some pizza before going to Peter's but if his aunt was offering to make something to eat she wouldn't say no. She was also a bit surprised when Peter mentioned his aunt. His mom and dad wouldn't be there? That was probably a touchy subject so she decided too lay off of it. She agreed and a little while later she headed over to his house.

She drove to Peter's an hour or so later. She parked outside the apartment complex and tossed her backpack over her shoulder before heading up to the apartment. She knocked on the door before waiting outside for him.
~
Frigga smiled slightly at her honesty. She appreciated a woman with character who wasn't afraid to speak her mind. It was so rare to find a woman now who wasn't subservient to her male counterparts. "Loki isn't pleased to see anyone half the time," she said in a rather joking manner before leading her down to the dungeons.

The guards didn't want to let them pass but Frigga demanded to see her son and eventually they gave in. She looked to Maeve before walking down the hall of the dungeon. She ignored the other prisoners as she walked towards Loki's cell. He sat against a wall patiently while the other prisoners acted out. He looked rather curious when he saw his mother appear and even more curious when Maeve joined her side. "What does she want?" Loki asked rather bitterly, "I hope you know I'm here regardless of your meaningless testimony."

Maeve couldn't help but let out a short laugh at Frigga's comment of Loki not being pleased to see anyone usually. She smiled a bit in amusement, not having really pegged the woman for a humorous and joking type of person. Perhaps it was something that only came out through her motherly side regarding her sons. Smiling a bit to herself, she got up from her leaning position on the railing before following the woman down to the dungeons. Frigga didn't have much trouble, being the queen and Loki's mother, to convince the guards to let her thought, though when it came to Maeve, the guards argued a bit more, before eventually, giving in to that too.

Maeve glanced to the guards, who eyed her reluctantly to let her pass, before she continued along beside Frigga. Having never been there before, of course, it was hard for Maeve not to notice and glance at other prisoners that were locked up, most asgardian, a few other species as well, though. She stopped when they arrived at Loki's cell, and she wasn't phased or surprised by his clear disinterest in the fact she was there too. She just rolled her eyes a bit but didn't say anything, since anything she had to say to Loki might sound rude to his mother who clearly cared about him still, so she didn't want to upset her or anything.

~

When Hailey agreed to come over for dinner, Peter smiled a bit and was glad that her response at least didn't seem like she thought he was weird or anything. Well, more than she probably already thought he was. He didn't know why he was so worried about what she thought of him anyways. It's not like he was expecting anything, right? He supposed part of it was just how relate-able they were in a way, same age, superheroes secretly and all...being new to the superhero world, knowing someone, and especially someone his age, comforted him a bit.

Once she agreed he gave her his adress and the time to come over that dinner would be ready about, and about an hour or so later, he heard a knock at the door "I'll get it!" he quickly spoke up before his aunt could try and get it to meet his female friend first. Peter made it to the door, opening it and smiling a bit "Hey, come on it" he greeted her as he stepped to the side, allowing her inside before he closed the door behind her.

She was only outside for a few seconds before Peter threw open the door. "Hey," she said with a smile. She walked inside with her blue backpack draped over her shoulder. The apartment was small but it was a cute little place. Hailey actually wanted a place like this when she got older. When she went off to college she wanted to live in a small apartment and maybe a boyfriend but that was definitely negotiatable. She had to admit that Peter looked a bit nervous. She wanted to say something but she decided against it.

Suddenly an older woman appear who she assumed to be Peter's aunt. "Hi I'm Hailey," she said as she reach a hand out to her so she could shake it, "Its nice to meet you."
~
Loki watched as his mother looked at him with daggers in her eyes. He knew that was probably the sign to shut up but he didn't care. He wanted this woman to know that he didn't need her pity as it was clear she already did so. He hated that. He didn't want pity he wanted people to treat him like an equal because that's what he was.

"She came here to say hello you," Frigga answered with a shake of her head, "A hello would suffice rather than your usual sass." Well it was no secret where Loki got his sass from. His mother had also taught him how produce illusions and Odin regretted that he let her do that.

Maeve watched the two interact, and she couldn't help but admit it was a bit humorous watching the two sass back at each other. She gave a slight nod to Loki when Frigga said how she had come to say hello, though Maeve honestly wasn't sure too much what to say to Loki. She didn't particularly have kind words for him. Just because she believed there was hope for him, that didn't mean she was on good terms with him, considering his recent acts. They were still by far unacceptable, regardless of how good or bad of a family he had, it was no excuse.

"Well, at least you know it's your own fault that got you in there" she commented back when he said how he was there regardless of her, as he put it, 'meaningless', testimony. She wasn't surprised by his behavior though, to Maeve, she really did believe Loki was like a small boy trapped in an adults body. He was acting out because the way he'd been treated, and as much as Odin might argue he taught both of his sons right from wrong, that had nothing to do with how he may have treated Loki.

~

Peter smiled to Hailey as he let her in the apartment before shutting the door and it wasn't more than five seconds later that his aunt showed up, and he internally groaned. He already felt way beneath Hailey's league - even without Ned's constant nagging and reminding of him, he just hoped that his aunt would behave and not make him out to be an absolute dork or anything like that.

As Peter had gotten the door, Aunt May had just finished up a few things in the kitchen, going out to greet the young woman. She smiled at how polite she was, and May reached out to shake the girls hand "It's nice to meet you too darling! I'm Peter's Aunt. Aunt May. I made a vegetable pasta dish tonight, I hope that's alright with you. It'll be just a few more minutes, so I'll let you two get settled" she said with a smile before she disappeared back into the kitchen to finish up the dinner.

Hailey smiled at his Aunt and shook her hand. "That sounds fine with me," she replied. She wasn't really all that picky of an eater but then again she was a healthy eater so she didn't just eat any garbage that came her way. She watched as his aunt disappeared into the kitchen.

"So where do you usually study?" she asked with a smile. She was relieved that his aunt was nice. Some of her friends' parents were very stuck up and distant. They didn't care what their kid did or who they hung out with as long as it didn't bother them they were ok with it. Her mother was similar to that and she rarely if ever saw her father since he lived about 2,000 miles away in California with his new family. It hurt but she did her best to never show it.
~
Loki rolled his eyes before looking at his mother. "Why did you bring her?" Loki added as he got to his feet. Frigga shook her head before speaking up. "I already told you now go ahead and sit back down," she replied, "Besides that is no way to talk to a lady." At times she wondered why her son was still single but it was times like this that made it make sense.

"She's hardly a lady," he said before listening to his mother and taking a seat, "Besides she was rude to me first so if you should be scolding anyone mother it should be her." Frigga shook her head before speaking up. "Loki," she snapped and her son finally rolled his eyes but stayed quiet.

The more time she spent around Frigga, the more Maeve was starting to like the woman - contrary to the rest of Loki's family. She smiled a bit at the way Frigga could so easy snap at Loki, and how he would listen like a scolded child. She just rolled her eyes a bit at Loki's comment about her hardly being a lady, before again being shortly reprimanded by his mouth.

The way he just rolled his eyes and childishly seemed to silently protest but listened to his mouth, Maeve couldn't help but let out a light giggle, moving her hand to cover her mouth, though there was no hiding it really "I apologize" she snickered a bit through her laughs, calming her small laughter before shaking her head "It's just really funny. I was talking about you being like a child as more of a metaphor earlier but....you really act just like one" she snickered softly as she bit her lip to keep from further giggling.

~

Peter watched as his aunt went back into the kitchen to finish up dinner, before he turned his attention back to Hailey. He heard her asking about where to study, before motioning to a door "The apartments pretty small, so I usually study in my room" he said as he started to head for the door, and barely got the door open before he heard his aunt calling out to them "Keep the door open, Peter!"

This promptly caused Peter's face to turn red in embarrassment as he ducked his head "Please ignore her" he mumbled quietly but quickly in embarrassment at his Aunt, shaking his head as he sighed and motioned to where Hailey could set her bag down. "You can use my desk" he motioned for her, before his Aunt was calling out to them "Alright you two, dinners ready!"

Hailey smiled and nodded as she followed after Peter. She looked around the room and it was pretty much the stereotypical nerd boy room. There was a really old computer that it looked like was being fixed up and on the other side of the room there was a small gaming system that she assumed he and Ned would play on when they got bored. She giggled slightly as his aunt called after him to keep the door open. "It's fine, Peter," she said with a smile before setting her stuff down on the desk, "She seems really nice."

She unzipped her backpack and tossed her chemistry notebook and textbook onto the wood. She sat down in the chair for a few moments before his aunt called to them that it was time for dinner. She looked at Peter and smirked slightly. "Come on and make sure to keep your door open," she said before giggling and heading out to the kitchen table.
~
"I'm not a child," Loki snapped at her before rolling his eyes, "Please a child couldn't do what I did. In fact I doubt they could even dream of it." Frigga shook her head at her son and he knew that was his cue to stop talking. He knew better than to disobey his mother. Not because she was cruel to him if he disobeyed but because he hated disappointing her.

He looked at his mother for a moment before rolling his neck and looking at Maeve. "Thank you for coming to visit me," he said in a rather sarcastic tone, "Now please show yourself out." Loki liked using sarcasm as he was able to hide a lot of his true emotions with it. No one could ever really tell what he was thinking or what he really meant when he said certain things in a certain tone of voice. It was actually his favorite illusion and it didn't even require any magical elements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back