• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Marvel Universe (Closed)

Maeve was working her way through the aliens, trying to get closer to the tower. They needed to close the portal, that was certain. She was growing irritated with how long it was taking and slow it was to move through the aliens, before she got an idea. Making a ramp out of ice leading a few feet into the sky, she timed it so when she ran up it, she caught onto one of the flying machines the aliens rode, before she forced the aliens off, she somehow managed to get control over it.

While she was still targeted in the sky now, it was much faster than going by foot and being stopped every two steps. She weaved between the aliens as she headed straight for the light of the Tesseract that was shooting up into the sky, creating the portal, where upon reaching it she jumped off, landing on her feet with a thud, wincing a bit at the rough landing and impact, but brushing it off.

Peter focused on trying to round and lead the aliens into the nets he had created, where they then would get stuck and he could take care of them more easily. He continued to do this repeatedly, and every time he felt like he would knock down a lot of the aliens, it was nothing compared to how many there were still around them, and still to come through the portal even. He was started to grow tired, and he worried about his own ability to keep up. "I'm not sure how much longer we can keep this up" he breathed, clearing growing fatigued like many others were.

The biggest thing he was concerned about was using up his energy too much, and then not be able to use his abilities any longer for the fight. Then he wouldn't be helpful at all, and just another human. He was trying to pace himself to keep over overwhelming his abilities, but the more aliens that came, the harder that was to do.

Hailey hit back another alien before moving back to catch her breath. She looked up at Stark Tower as she watched more and more aliens flood into the sky. The team was doing their best to prevent them from getting to the ground but they couldn't stop them all.

She watched as Maeve quickly got to the roof top and began messing with the portal. At least then they would be able to just take out the aliens that they had before them.

Loki became a bit more active now as he rode on one of the levitating chariots striking at the avengers from above but it was hardly effective. When he saw that Maeve had taken to the roof to close the portal, he growled and started for the roof. He was getting closer but Thor managed to knock him to the ground, causing him to release his spear onto the roof. Loki did his best to fight his brother off but he was no match for his strength.

As Maeve made it to the roof, she ran over to the portal, trying to figure out what to do with it. There weren't any controls or things like that to just turn it off. She knew it was probably pointless, but she tried anyways to use her ice to freeze over the Tesseract, but the energy coming from it that was creating the portal instantly burned right through it and she sighed in frustration. Logically she knew it likely wouldn't work, but it was the only thing she could think of.

She looked around the roof for anything that could be helpful, before hearing the scientist that Loki had kidnapped start to grumble and awaken. That's right, he had to know something - he was the one who helped create the portal. He was mumbling on about how it couldn't be stopped, and he didn't even feel guilty since he felt he knew what he was doing despite Loki's control over him. She shook her head "That doesn't matter! How do we stop it now?" she demanded him.

Peter was working with Hailey in the street they were on in attempting to keep the aliens at bay, and they were doing a pretty good job of it too. He paused to catch his breath a moment, as there weren't many around them at the moment, before he froze, looking up at the portal as a large.....thing, came out of the portal "Uh oh.....that can't be good" he muttered as he watched the thing fly into the sky, hundreds more aliens dispersing from it.

Hailey jumped back when she saw the giant monster enter into the sky. She looked in awe at the beast. How in the world were they going to try and beat that thing? Tony made the first move and started to pelt the machine with blaster fire, but it was no use. The skin was as strong as armor. "I'm going to need some help up here guys!" Tony called down to them as he dodged the movements of the monster.

Suddenly though the hulk appear and with a roar he jumped up and began to beat the giant machine until it ceased to move. "Well I guess we can just set Bruce off on those things," she suggested before going a head and shooting one of the aliens back, "Maeve has to get that portal closed though if we have a prayer."

The scientist watched as Maeve approached the portal and he yelled at her to get back. "There is no stopping it!" he said to her, "I made it. I know there is no way to stop this. You're all doomed." The rest of the team could hear what he was saying and Tony shook his head. "There has to be a way to shut it down, Maeve," he stated, "I'll try to come help you. Try and use the spear. Maybe that will work."

Maeve glared at the man when he confidently proclaimed they were all doomed and there was no way to stop the portal "anything that can be created can be destroyed" she said, refusing to believe that there was no way to close it. If they didn't....she shook her head, not dwelling on the consequences. she knew there had to be some way. Hearing Tony speak over their intercoms about Loki's spear, she sighed.

"Yeah, and how do you plan on me getting my hands on that?" she snapped sarcastically, as she looked to where Loki and Thor were fighting not to far, and as if on cue, the scepter was knocked out of his hands and fell onto the roof "Oh. Nevermind" she commented as she quickly hurried over to it. It was on a lower ledge, and in the time that she took to get it, they had learned of yet another problem. A nuclear missile was headed straight for the city.

Peter watched in horror at the large alien, which only even carried more of the other aliens who jumped off it and flooded into the city further. As Tony started to have trouble with it, unable to really do much damage at all, Bruce had suddenly shown up - where he had been, they had no idea. When he turned back into the hulk though, Peter got worried, thinking they'd have to worry about him too now, but thankfully, Bruce seemed to have a better control over him, and started beating the large alien to a pulp, destroying it.

With Maeve getting the scepter, Bruce able to take care of the larger aliens, things seemed to be looking up and getting better, so long as the scepter would work to close the portal. But then, Fury informed him how the council had sent a nuclear missile on their own, and it was minutes away from blowing the city up, aliens, civilians, and themselves all included.

Hailey heard over the radio Fury mention something about a missile heading for the city. "What?" she snapped, "Are they insane? You're going to end up killing millions of people!" She paused though as Tony intervened. He shot through the sky as he tracked the bullet before coming to a halt near one of the bridges. He caught the missile before slowly began to reroute it.

"Don't close that portal yet, Maeve," he announced, "I know exactly where this is going to go." He flew higher into the sky before tossing the nuke through the portal though as soon as he left Earth's atmosphere, his suit began to freeze up and Tony's lack of oxygen along with the freezing depths of space caused him to lose consciousness. There was a loud explosion and almost immediately all the aliens fell down as if they were dead.

Hailey couldn't help but smile but her grin soon faded when she saw Tony falling out of the sky and he showed no sigh of slowing down. Banner must have recognized it to as he moved quickly and grabbed Tony before he hit the ground. Loki was completely and utterly shocked when his army collapsed all at once when the man of iron released the explosive device through the portal. How could this have happened? Immediately, he knew that he was going to be in some serious trouble.

Grabbing the scepter, Maeve got back to the portal just when Tony told her to wait. She was confused at first, before her eyes widened realizing his plan. She saw him approaching with the missile, before he was directing it up through the portal. She watched, almost in horror, as he disappeared through the portal. His suit may be equipped with many surprises and tricks, but she doubted it was built for space. She waited patiently for him to come back - the aliens were out of commission now so they could wait a bit longer. A minute passed, before she felt relieved seeing him come back through the portal.

She grabbed the scepter firmly, before thrusting the speared end into the light creating the portal, holding it firmly to keep it steady, and her relieved to see it was working, and the portal began to close. Once it was fully closed, she pulled the scepter away, letting out a breath of relief as she headed into Stark Tower, where the hulk had last beaten Loki into a pulp in the ground, and she smirked a bit at the look of dread and realization of his failure.

Peter frowned a bit and shook his head "it doesn't' seem like they're very concern about the consequences" he said, also thinking whoever decided on this idea was crazy. He did understand the need to contain the enemy and stop them before they spread, and that with the portal open and if unable to close it, then yes, they probably would lose, as much as he didn't want to admit it.

Thankfully Tony came up with a brilliant idea, though he was worried it was a suicide mission. When the missile went through the portal and they heard the loud explosion, as well as all the enemies just ceased to move, collapsing to the ground, he grinned, more so when he saw Tony coming back "Alright! Way to go Mr. Stark Sir!!" he cheered, before he noticed he wasn't slowing down. Thankfully, he was alright in the end, and they were securing Loki before he could run off. Though without his scepter, there wasn't a whole lot he could do since Maeve had a careful hold of it out of his reach.

Hailey smirked slightly as Tony awoke because even in death he never ceased to be his sarcastic self. She shook her head before Steve helped Tony to his feet. "Wow...ok good job team. Let's um...let's take the day off tomorrow. I think we deserve it," Tony said as he winced as Steve helped him to his feet.

"It's not over yet," the Captain replied. Tony looked at him with a bit of disappointment on his face and he knew that he was right. They still needed to capture Loki so that Thor could throw him in weird Asgardian prison. The team rushed up to Stark Tower to find Maeve watching over as Loki moved back away from them. This time his terror was both real and warranted as he had no where to run and no power to use against them.

Thor was the first to make a move at his brother. Loki growled slightly as Thor pulled him up and put a pair of Asgardian cuffs onto him. Hailey crossed her arms as she watched the god get hauled away. Thor turned back to them and smiled slightly. "I thank you my friends," he said with a slight nod of his head, "I will ensure that my brother doesn't cause you harm again. He will be in prison for a good deal of time."

Hailey was happy to hear that. She didn't want to have to fight off another alien army for a while, especially since she had other things to worry about. Things like high school. Soon, Loki and Thor had disappeared and the rest of the team was left to say their goodbyes before returning to their normal lives. Or well as normal as their lives could be with what they had just done and what the rest of the world had just witnessed.

Maeve smirked as she looked over Loki's fearful expression, before glancing to her side when she heard the rest of the heroes gather together, and Thor roughly grabbed his brother and cuffed him. Maeve was relieved to see Loki cuffed up finally, and after clearing a few more things off, everyone was off on their separate ways. Thor headed back to Asgard with Loki, while Maeve finished clearing a few things up on earth before she would soon be on her own way back to Alfhiem to report back in about the events that occurred and everything.

She had gone back to her own world and took care of her business there, and though she worked often dealt with most of the nine worlds, and keeping information flowing, Maeve was still a bit surprised when she got a request for her presence at Asgard and to meet with Odin. She figured because of the timing, it had to do with Loki and what happened on Misgard, but she still was curious as to what she could be requested for about exactly.

Once they captured Loki, Peter was relieved that all this chaos and mess had ended. Most everyone had dispersed to where no one could find them. Bruce and Tony went on some road trip together or something, Natasha and Clint disappeared, Captain America returned to what his life was when he wasn't saving people, which was rare, and Thor, Loki, and Maeve all went back to their own worlds.

Peter and Hailey didn't have to worry about running off and hiding, considering they both wore masks and all. So back in Queens, Peter was going about his normal life of attending school. He'd just finished putting some things away in his locker during a break between classes when he noticed Hailey, and his expression lit up a bit, "Oh, Hailey, hey!" he called as he approached her - which caused a few curious and possibly annoyed looks from some of the other popular kids that had been hanging around her, since, obviously to them they had never interacted before, so they didn't understand why the nerd was acting all close and familiar with Hailey.

Hailey was so happy to go back to her old life. She needed this and above all she missed it. All she wanted was to take a day off like Tony had suggested, but unfortunately her school hadn't been completely annihilated by the aliens so she was going to have to go. She was sore that morning but she did her best not to show it, and her mom was too busy with her own problems to notice.

She went to school as normal and everything was as it had been before until Peter walked over to say hi. His best friend, Ned, followed in his tracks. One of Hailey's best friends, Brooke, scoffed when Peter said hello. "Have you seen Flash today, Peter?" she asked with a smirk as the other girls giggled but Hailey just rolled her eyes. "That's so not funny, Brooke," Hailey replied as she closed her locker.

"I thought it was funny," another girl said but Hailey just rolled her eyes before interjecting, "No one asked you."

"Alright sorry ladies. He's just had a mental lapse in judgement," Ned said before pulling Peter down the hall, "Are you crazy or did you fall and hit your head this morning? You can't just go talk to her life that."
~
Thor knew that his father had asked Maeve to come to Asgard while providing little detail as to what it was for. He waited for her on the rainbow bridge, knowing that she would more than likely be on time. He smiled slightly when he saw her though it was more of a forced smile. He didn't like what his brother was having to go through but he had brought it upon himself. He couldn't trust him anymore and that hurt.

"Welcome to Asgard," he said with a slight bow of his head, "My father wanted you to come and speak on the Avengers' behalf. Loki is ready to be sentenced but they want to know for how long he should serve. They are just asking for different people to add their own personal input. I have already given them mine, but I know they are interested to hear what you think after witnessing the attack yourself."

As Maeve departed her world and headed to Asgard, arriving on the rainbow bridge that easily connected their sister worlds, she smiled a bit seeing Thor there to greet her. "Thank you, you needn't have come to greet me though" she said, though knowing he probably did it as a formality, being who he was and that it was his father requesting her time.

Hearing him bringing up Loki, she wasn't surprised since she had figured that's what this was all about. As he clarified that they wanted more input from those involved and the worlds affected - mainly those that watched over Misgard, like herself, she nodded her head a bit "I see" she commented as she walked with him. As they walked and passed people, it was clear she was a visitor, and not asgardian. Standing at five feet was normal for her elven species, yet Asgardians typically were much larger, the average height around six feet. "What was your suggestion to them? Knowing he is your brother, I'm curious." she asked, wondering if he let that affect his judgement - from what she'd met of Thor already, he seemed he could be pretty emotionally invested, especially when it came to Loki, so she was curious what answer he had given.

~

As Peter started to approach Hailey, he was absolutely oblivious to the other girls reaction, until one had spoken up and commented about Flash. He flinched a bit at the mention of him "Oh..ah...no, hahah, not today...." he trailed off awkwardly, before glancing back to Hailey as she spoke to her friends. Before he himself could even really talk to her though, Ned was apologizing on his behalf and dragging him away, as Peter blinked a bit.

"Woah - hey hey, what are you doing? I was trying to talk to her!" he huffed innocently, not understanding why Ned had just dragged him away like that as he went on exasperated about how he couldn't just talk to Hailey, someone as popular as her, just like that and let alone approach her. He frowned a bit, as it recalled to him where exactly they were and he sighed heavily. "That's so stupid! She's another person, just like us. We should be able to talk to them" he frowned in frustration, but knew his friend was right.

"Yep you definitely hit your head or something before you came to school today," Ned replied with a shake of his head, "Peter, did you forget how high school works? The popular kids do what they want and we just pray that they don't want to step on us. It's basic popularity 101. We don't talk to people out of our league. Besides, you've never wanted to talk her before. Why start now?"

Hailey grabbed her books and a granola bar before starting to head to class with her trail of friends following right behind her, each one doing their best to fight for her attention. She was fairly good at keeping them at bay though it was a bit of a tiring gesture. She never really saw them as...friends either. She could never confide in them or anything like that. She didn't really like that she could either. She wanted someone that felt that she could really talk to.

She said goodbye to her friends before walking to her English classroom and sitting in her usual seat which happened to be right behind Peter and Ned. "Hey Peter," she said with a smile, "sorry my friends are a little...well needy."
~
"It was my pleasure," he replied as he stared to walk with her. He had been hesitant to give his true opinions regarding his little brother since Loki already resented him, but he had been honest as he didn't want anyone else to get hurt.

"Honestly? I told them they need to keep him there for as long as possible. My brother can't be trusted. He has a way of talking his way out of trouble and he has a gift for talking people into doing things they don't want to do. He is very dangerous though I won't admit it to his face, he frightens me," Thor explained as he walked with her, "I don't want this to ever happen again. The 9 realms deserve peace but I doubt that can happen as long as Loki is free to do as he pleases."

Listening to Thor explain how he had suggested the maximum stay that they could find to lock Loki up for, she was a bit surprised. She didn't find Thor harsh for it though, and just looked to him curiously, with a smile "I'm impressed" she commented her surprise "I though you might have been inclined to be more lenient because he is your brother. But I agree, I do not believe he is trust worthy. It would be nice if some time locked away safely would provide him with the time to change his ideals" she commented, agreeing that he was a hazard to be set free, not just for Asgard, but all of the worlds. He'd already caused trouble not only in Misgard, obviously, but a couple other worlds as well he'd stirred up some trouble, or had tried to.

Hearing him say how agreed his brother was dangerous, and admitting that he frightened him, she looked to Thor curiously, an amused smile on her face "He would be thrilled to hear that, I'm sure" she commented, knowing of how much Loki seemed to really resent his brother.

~

Peter sighed a bit with a roll of his eyes as Ned lectured him about popularity 101 and high school norms "I didn't hit my head!" he argued childishly, before pausing that thought. Well, maybe he had. Head gotten beaten and thrown around a bit roughly the other day with the alien army and such. But, that wasn't really an excuse to give to Ned, since that would probably just cause Ned to really argue even more believably that he had hit his head or something.

He just sighed and shook his head to his friend asking about why he even wanted to talk to her now, and started walking "Forget it. Lets just go to class before we're late" he said as he headed to English, moving to take his usual seat with Ned right beside him. Hearing Hailey speak up from behind him he jumped a bit, before smirking as he shot a glare to Ned as if "told you it was fine" kind of look before turning to face Hailey, smiling "it's alright. I shouldn't really have expected more anyways from them towards me" he said with a shrug of his shoulders.

Hailey smiled slightly as she watched Peter look at his friend with an unmistakable 'I told you so' look. "Ya they can be a bit much," she replied with a nod before looking over at his friend, "Hi I'm Hailey."

Ned looked at her in awe before looking at Peter and then back at her. "Um....h...hi," he stuttered, "I'm uh...um." His face went red and his body stiffened as he tried to think of what to say to her. Hailey bit her lip to keep from laughing at his timidness before she cut in. "You're Ned right? I think you were in one of my classes or something last year," she added trying to help him.

Ned looked at her and almost immediate he spoke up. "Geometry," he said with a quick nod, "You sat right in front of me. You asked me for a pencil on September 23rd, 2016 at around 11am." Hailey had to admit that she was a little weirded out but she did her best to brush it off.
~
Thor was rather relieved when she told him that she agreed. He had been worried that he may have to plead his case to her. He knew the elves didn't really like conflict and didn't engage unless they found it to be absolutely necessary. He had figured that he would have to convince her that this punishment should be lengthy and rather merciless, but perhaps she was now thinking about Asgard and the other realms' best interests instead of just being merciful.

"I'm glad to hear that we are on the same page," he said as he led her into the castle. It was quite big despite the only people living there currently were his own family members and a number of servants. It served as a building that the lived in but also where his father held trials. "Please follow me," Thor said to Maeve as he led her into the throne room where Odin and his mother, Frigga, sat. Odin was more stonefaced while his wife looked worried. She had wanted to give Loki a pardon but she seemed to be the only one who really wanted that since no one else really cared for Loki.

Maeve nodded her head, noticing the slight look of possibly surprise, but relief on Thor's face when she agreed with a lengthy sentence. She smiled a bit in amusement "Just because I'm an elf doesn't mean I don't believe some things are circumstantial. Ideally, it would be great if he didn't have to be locked up, yes. However, weighing the negative of locking a single person up, compared to possible irreparable damage to millions of lives across our worlds, I think it is for the best." she said as she followed him through the castle, glancing around idly.

As they entered the large throne room, she looked to the king and queen who sat there, and as she followed Thor and stepped inside before them, she bowed to them respectfully "It's an honor to meet you" she greeted, before standing back up straight "I apologize for not being able to come sooner, there were some things in Alfheim I needed to promptly take care of. I hear this visit is about Loki?" she started

~

Peter shook his head a bit "It's alright" he assured, even if it wasn't really okay how those girls acted. He didn't want to be rude and complain about them or anything, after all, they were still her friends, weren't they? He didn't want to insult them or anything like that, even if Hailey was nicer, and different than them when it came to types of people. As Ned tried introducing himself, he rolled his eyes, before he began to make an even greater fool of himself in the way he remembered something in that such length and detail.

Peter narrowed his eyes, before smacking his friend on the arm and shooting him a look, as if telling him to get it together and calm down a bit. Looking back to Hailey, he smiled apologetically "I apologize for Ned. While he is intellectually smart, he lacks intelligence in all other departments of life" he sighed a bit. "Anyways, how are you today?" he asked, referring more to how she was physically, considering their fight and everything they went through.

Hailey didn't quite know what to say to Ned but luckily Peter saved her from having to dance around the awkwardness. She smiled at him and nodded. "I'm alright," she replied with a shrug, "A little tired, but other than that I'm ok." She watched as the classroom started to fill up before looking back at the two.

"Oh I almost forgot," she said with a grin, "I talked to my mom today and she's going out of town for the next two days, so I'm going to have a bunch of people from school over. You guys are welcome to come if you want. It's going to be so fun."

"It's...a Monday," Ned pointed out.

"And?" Hailey said with a smile, "I mean come on you guys need to have some fun. You're too high strung, especially you, Peter. Come on it'll be fun."
~
Thor smiled slightly at her politeness before walking over and standing next to his parents. "Don't concern yourself with that," Odin said with a slight nod to her, "We appreciate you coming and we do apologize for the circumstances. We believe that you are the most trustworthy individual of the team that was assembled in Midgard. You are also familiar with our methods and our laws so we believe you will allow for a fair trial for Loki."

"I hardly believe this to be fair," Frigga commented before shaking her head. Odin looked at her for a moment before shaking his head and turning to Maeve. "Please have a seat," he said before nodding to the chair before them. A few moments later a few asgardians walked in to act as the Jury in Loki's case. It was pretty clear what was going to happen but now it was just figuring out how severe his punishment was going to be. Soon Loki himself was brought in covered in cuffs and chains to ensure that he wouldn't try to escape.

Maeve had never actually met the royal family before, so she felt it only natural to give her respects, as even though she was from a different world, they still held a very high position of respect. As the formalities seemed to be brushed off though, she smiled a bit since it did make it less awkward at least. She nodded her head lightly at Odin's comment of why they chose her to help with the trial "Thank you, I will help in hopes of achieving the best outcome for everyone" she said, before she was motioned to take a seat, and she moved as motioned, taking the seat.

Not much further time had passed before they trial had begun and Loki was being escorted in by several guards. She frowned slightly, though did her best to keep a neutral face. She understood the need to be sure he didn't escape, but she felt this many chains and such were a bit excessive, and only made him look all the more frightening and dangerous to the jury - not that he wasn't dangerous of course, but still. She remained quiet though, as the process began.

~

Peter nodded his head a bit when she said she was alright, other than tired. He felt the same way, pretty much, definitely a lot of resting was needed, though he knew that likely wasn't going to happen. If anything, he'd probably be suiting up again within the next night or two for something. Since becoming Spider-man, as dangerous as he was, he loved it, and he found he couldn't really stay away from that lifestyle of being a hero for too long.

When Hailey mentioned a party, he blinked a bit in surprise, before he suddenly became his usually awkward self again, and glanced to Ned when he pointed out it was not only a school night, but Monday at that "Uh...i-I don't know...we're not really the party types....I mean...." he trailed off awkwardly, unsure if he should go. He enjoyed Hailey's company, and knowing she wasn't like most popular kids, he wanted to know more about her. But at the same time, the thought of a party sent his nerves haywire "Ned's right, I mean, it's a Monday and all, and we should probably make sure we get out homework done, and some studying for that test we have next week..."

Hailey looked at him quietly and shook her head as she smiled. "Come on Peter," she said, "Its just for fun and you don't even have to stay late. You can go for however long you want and then go home. Besides I'm sure you study more than anyone in this school combined. You can live a little bit. I promise it won't kill you."

The teacher walked in a few moments later and began to talk about the reading that she had assigned the night before. Hailey quickly wrote her address on two scraps of paper and put them on Peter and Ned's desks. "Think about it," she whispered before turning her attention back to the class.
~
Loki glared at his father and brother as he sat down in his seat. He didn't want to be here. His cell was better than being brought in front of his family. He sat down and eyed Maeve too knowing that she was being brought in to assist in his sentencing. He turned his attention away from her as his father started to speak.

"Asgard calls Maeve of Alfheim," Odin said and the jury turned their attention to her, "Do you feel as though Loki Laufeyson, the accused, is capable of rehabilitation?"

Maeve watched as Loki was directed to his seat, and Maeve looked around the room, listening as Odin started to speak. As he brought the attention to her, she shifted a bit to sit up a bit straight in her seat, hearing his first question. Glancing to Loki, she didn't know how much help she would be. She hardly knew him, only rumors and stories, and what she'd experienced of him from their fight. How could she knew if he was able to be rehabilitated? It was then brought to her attention something Loki had said to her in their conversation when he was in the glass containment. He had been right; she knew nothing about him.

Perhaps it was the elven side of her that naturally made her believe her response, but as she looked to Loki, she nodded her head "I do believe that, yes" she answered. However that wasn't that she felt he should be free and given too much leniency in his punishment. He certainly, currently, was still very much a danger and hazard to all worlds, and needed to be held accountable for his actions in Misgard.

~

Peter furrowed his brows a bit as Hailey urged him to rethink it and to come, even if for a little bit. He sighed a bit, finding it hard to say now to Hailey. Was it because she was popular? Or because she was attractive? Peter wasn't sure what compelled him, maybe it was because he'd met her before and through the fighting they went through together. Sighing, he accepted the scrap piece of paper and nodded his head to Hailey "I will" he agreed when she at least told him to think about it.

After that, he turned his attention back to the front of the room when the teacher had walked in and started to get everyone's attention, starting the class and talking about the reading that had been assigned. He kept glancing down at the paper in front of him, fiddling with it a bit and wondering if he should go. He'd talk to Ned about it more later.

Hailey watched for a moment as Peter fiddled with the paper before finally giving in. She smiled widely and nodded before looking back at the teacher as he spoke. Ned on the other hand just looked at him like he was nuts. It was clear they were going to have to talk later.

An hour later the bell rang and Hailey grabbed her things before turning to head out. "It starts at 8 tonight, Peter," she said before turning and heading out as she met up with some of her friends from cheerleading. "You're aunt will never let you go out that late on a school night," Ned said with a shake of his head, "Besides we were supposed to study tonight and everyone who's ever bullied us is going to be there. Why would you want to go?"
~
No one has really expected that to her answer. Most of them had expected her to be rather merciless after what she seen and been through. Their thoughts were apparent when anyone looked at their faces. "Is it clear the accused had violent tendencies?" Odin asked, knowing that this answer was undeniable.

Loki looked at Maeve when she expressed that he could be rehabilitated. Ever since their trial started it had been unfair. His father had filled the jury with his friends and had only brought forward witness that had been against him from the start but perhaps his father had slipped up on this one. He was rather surprised because he figured that she would be a bit vengeful after what he had done to her and her mortal friends, but he wasn't going to question it. He could use a bit of help right now.

Maeve noticed how the jury and others seemed surprised by her answer. It seemed that everyone already had it set in their minds what they wanted done with Loki. It made her question what the point of a trial was - other than the fact it was law, obviously - but aside from that, it seemed with trial or not, most already decided Loki's fate. But she felt that he should just be thrown out and tossed aside like his life meant nothing at all. Everyone's life meant something, sometimes some lives just had trouble finding the right path.

She ignored the surprised looks, even Loki's himself, as she glanced back to Odin as he continued his questions, asking about his violent tendencies and she nodded her head again "Yes, absolutely" she answered firmly. While she believed Loki could be helped, she also believed he needed to be held accountable, and until he wasn't a hazard to Asgard or other worlds, she wanted to ensure he served rightful punishment. But only in equivalent for his actions, not just because these asgardians automatically felt bitter towards him.

~

Peter couldn't help but smile a bit when Hailey seemed pleased with his response, and it only made him want to go all the more for her. He turned back around and faced forward as the class began, momentarily fiddling with the paper as he thought to himself before putting it away so he wouldn't lose it or anything. He could feel Ned's gaze on him, and just purposely avoided looking at the other for the time being, knowing he was going to hear a lecture from his friend after class.

And after class, that's exactly what happened. He smiled and waved to Hailey as she left before looking to Ned who instantly scolded him. He sighed, rolling his eyes "Come on, how much do we really need to study anyways? We have plenty of time for that" he said before placing a hand on his shoulder "Don't worry, we'll still hang out tonight" he said with a grin "after all, you're coming with me to the party, right?" he spoke, as though the other didn't really have a choice in the matter anyways.

Ned shook his head. "I just...we don't do this kind of stuff. You said it yourself. Besides you just want to go see Hailey and you really think she's going to spend time with us when she has all of those other people wanting her attention. I just...can't we do something else...like see a movie or something?" he pleaded. He was a very social person and he was honestly just scared to go.

Hailey went to get lunch a few of her friends and sat at their usual table. Immediately they started talking to her about all the cute boys they invited, including a number of the football, basketball, and soccer team members. She couldn't help but be excited as her parties were usually pretty fun since most of the time there wasn't any kind of supervision.
~
Loki looked at Maeve as she spoke. He knew it was a sense of false hope but it was all he had. He knew his father wouldn't allow for him to get anything but life in prison but he wanted another chance. He'd probably waste it but it was still a chance. He didn't know any better though many believed that he should after having the parents that he did.

Odin nodded slightly and the jury took a few notes. "Can you recount to us what happened on Midgard?" he asked as he looked up at the young woman.

Glancing back to Loki briefly, she almost felt like she was looking at a lost and lonely child. She stared at him a few moments, before snapped out of her thoughts by another question by Odin. She shook the thoughts from her mind, reminding herself Loki could be very manipulative, and so she didn't know if his expression was intentional or not, but she decided not to let it affect her. THough she did still feel for Loki a bit, and part of her did truly want to help him. With the question she was asked, she knew this was her part to really give her input, and what she really felt about the situation. Letting out a soft sigh, she began.

"In short, There is no denying that Loki made some sort of deal with the Chitauri to lead an attack on Midgard. From what I understand, his intentions were destruction, so that he could become a god to the humans to rule over" she started, explaining the story that everyone wanted to hear - that Loki was dangerous and with ill intent. It certainly wouldn't help Loki as it only agreed with what most others in the room believed. However, she wasn't done, and she continued to explain what happened in her perspective.

"While I worked to helped the humans of Midgard stop Loki, I felt I gained a different perspective then the asgardian based stories I had heard about him. Was he destructive? Yes. Was he violent? Yes. Do I believe Loki is a hazard to everyone? Most certainly. However when I met him in Midgard, I felt like I was facing a child" she explained, knowing Loki probably didn't appreciate being referred to as a child, but she didn't care "In my opinion, when you think of a child who is still growing and learning, they can be destructive, can't they? They lash out at everyone and anyone when they don't get their way, because they don't know any better. Granted, Loki is very much an adult, yes, and while I believe he certainly needs to be held accountable for his actions to a great extent, I think there is a lot of hope for him" she explained.

~

Peter could tell his friend was uncomfortable with the idea and trying anything to get out. Honestly, going to the party made Peter feel uncomfortable too. Besides, he had to agree with Ned...he was sure all their bullies were going to be there too. And off school property or not, they would still probably get picked on. Honestly, probably even more so for showing up to the party, whether they knew that they were invited or not.

Sighing, he rolled his eyes "We'll just go and say hi, alright? I mean...she wouldn't invite us if she didn't want us to come, right?" he reasoned "So it'd be rude not to go. We'll just go over, find Hailey, say hi, and leave. Alright? Sound like a plan?" he asked his friend as they moved to sit at their secluded table in the cafeteria to eat lunch.

Ned sighed slightly as he followed Peter into the lunch room. "Fine," he whispered with a roll of his eyes, "I still get why you want to go though." He followed Peter to their normal table where two more of his friends sat. Ned told them what had happened and immediately they were all over Peter about how he did it and what he said to get in Hailey's good graces.

Hailey sat at her table and ate a bit of her sandwich as she listened to her friends go on and on about boys and what they were going to wear to the party. None of them really knew how to hold an intelligent conversation but then again she may have had a difficult time too. She just got tired of talking about the same old stuff.
~
Loki felt her eyes on him as Odin and jury both took their notes. He didn't want to look at her. He didn't want her to see the weakness in his eyes. That was one of the things he hated to show people: weakness. Because when people saw weakness they jump on it and they use it to their advantage. That was what Loki had experienced his entire life and he hadn't even known it. That's what had made him snap.

Odin listened to her for a moment before shaking his head. "I had two children grow up in my home. Neither of them were taught that violence was the answer to any sort of problem. Loki decided to traumatize an entire race of people. A whole world would have been destroyed because Loki decided to be selfish. He murdered countless mortals because he believes them to be"worthless". That to me doesn't sound like a child."

Maeve noticed how Loki seemed to be avoiding eye contact and was probably feeling pretty vulnerable right now. She didn't blame him though, and just continued to speak her thoughts honestly. Odin called her here for her input and opinion, and she was going to give it honestly. Even if it might not be what many of the people in the room wanted to hear, and was a different view of Loki than what they were used to.

"With respect, the only reprimanding and judgement Loki has received has been through asgardians morals and eyes. I think it's rather difficult for someone to have the capacity to change when they are constantly viewed the same" she replied, knowing that she may be irritating a lot of people in the room right now, since she kind of was blaming the asgardian a little bit for the way they treated and handled Loki, but she didn't care. "It's no secret that Loki is not biologically related to your family. Have you ever heard of the labeling theory? Regardless of what an individual is capable of, if they make a mistake, and are forevermore judged upon that mistake, and believed to be nothing more than that mistake, they start to act upon it and identify more as that kind of wrongful person. It is my belief that because Loki has been viewed this way by asgardians for a while now, that it hasn't helped him to be able to better himself. You all believe him to be a criminal - which, I assure you I'm not trying to argue he is not. But because he has been viewed as troublesome, how should he know to act otherwise if that is all he can gain attention with?" she suggested, before shaking her head.

"I'd like to clarify I'm not trying to defend Loki's actions, especially these recent events against Misgard. However, I am trying to defend his humanity (or whatever the correct asgardian translatable term of 'humanity' would be XD ). I simply believe Loki is misguided, in the heart, and in the mind."

~

Peter was glad when he managed to convince Ned to go with him at least for a few minutes. Peter agreed it would be weird and awkward, and they certainly wouldn't fit into the party lifestyle. But he wanted to go for Hailey...even if she probably didn't really care that much if he showed up. Part of him wondered if she was just being nice. For now though, he shook the thoughts of doubt away as he sat with his friends, whom the other two immediately bombarded him with questions regarding getting in good with Hailey.

Well, he couldn't exactly tell the truth. He awkwardly tried brushing it off, just saying how he saw her after school one time without others around, so he was able to approach her and they just talked a little bit. It was a pretty lame and unbelievable excuse, but it managed to at least ease their curiosity as they started asking more about the party and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back