• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Kiva is now running alongside Alex instead of trailing behind him. "Okay, say we get there. Then what? Are we fighting Thanos ourselves or with whoever's over there, or are we praying that he's still a stone short so that we can play hide-and-seek with the last one? Personally, I'm fine with either option. I just wanna make sure I know what we're about to do here." She did her best to keep her composure. Internally, she was nervous and worried about everyone. There was a lot at stake and it didn't look like things were going too well. Most of all, she was afraid. Scared that she wouldn't be of any use, but she couldn't let that show. She had to be strong for her teammates.

Atreus makes his way to follow her, he was going to put her safety above the others when it came to this war they were involved in, he'd rather be home and do anything else than this fight."Maybe we can slow them down." He tells her.

Thalia takes off from her position and goes towards the woods where Wanda was with Vision, she would provide them with support but Wanda had to make a sacrifice too.

"Maybe, also don't you dare put me first Atreus, everyone is in danger, not just me." Victoria tells him and she speeds up a bit, landing near Wanda and Vision and she narrows his eyes seeing the time stone on the gauntlet.

Alex shoots some enemies and he stops to take a very short breather, dangit, what he wouldn't give for a suit right now, this was hard on them, the constant running around and fighting, he spots an enemy sneaking up behind them and he tosses Kiva away, taking the hit himself while knowing full well that she is probably able to protect herself.

As she runs with Alex, Kiva takes out her fair share of foes that were trying to stop them. When one of the enemies tries to sneak attack them, Kiva sees the attacker in her peripheral vision. She prepares to dodge and counterattack. However, she's literally thrown off guard by Alex. All the shadow user could do was watch as the team's leader took the hit. "Alex!" She cried out with concern for his safety. A different enemy attempted to capitalize on the moment by diving at Kiva while she was distracted, knocking her to the ground. Then, it went in for the kill. Fortunately, she saw it coming this time and reformed her sword just in time to cut it down. Still worried about Alex, her body popped back up as she willed herself into her silhouette form, striking down the enemy as she got to. Her sword dissipates immediately afterwards as she tries to conserve her energy. "Are you okay?" She asked Alex. She held her hand out for him to help him up if he needed it. "You didn't have to do that. I can hold my own too, you know."

Last edited:
Atreus frowned at her words."Not gonna happen Vi, you come first before any of these people as far as I'm concerned so don't worry about it." He only cared about her safety, not the others.

Wanda was already taking care of the mind stone despite her not wanting to destroy the one she cared about, she had to do it to atleast try and save the universe from that raisin, he posed a threat so she had to.

"I'm fine." Alex mumbles and he groans in pain "Okay Kiva, stop using your powers, and I know you could've handled yourself, I just slipped into big brother mode for a moment." he says, they weren't as well trained as the Wakanda army and he'd have to retreat now. Hell he's not even sure he can move, but he has to move, he has to help the others, so he grabs Kiva's hand to help pull himself up "As much as I want to leave and rest we can't, until this battle is either won or lost, right now it looks like it's more on the losing side, given we have to be the backup against Thanos.".

Victoria sees Alex and Kiva stopped and she hesitates for a moment, wondering if she could help them out, but they were told to help out. She rolls her eyes at Atreus "If you put me before anything else Atreus then the chances of losing get worse and then it won't matter if we win or lose, this is about the entire universe!"

"I appreciate your concern. I really do, but your health is important too, you know?" Kiva stated after helping Alex to his feet. "And why do you want me to stop using my powers? You JUST said we can't rest until this battle is won or lost. If we're coming off the bench to fight Thanos, wouldn't it be better if I used my abilities? Unless you're wanting me to conserve my powers until we fight him." She doesn't want to admit to being close to overusing her powers because she doesn't want him to worry even more. "If that's the case, then you need to get as much of your strength back as you can as well. Especially while we have the Wakanda army with us. Every second matters. Forgive me for what I'm about to say because I know your protective big brother mode might not like it, but if we're about to fight Thanos, lil sis is going all-out."

Atreus just groaned at her yelling."What do you know? We were just thrown into this mess..." He mumbled to himself."Don't tell me what I can and can't do, I'll protect you as I want to." He tells her, he wasn't too far behind her.

"And we wouldn't be in this mess if they couls handlecit by themselves Atreus." Victoria deadpans at him, she land behind Wanda when she arrives and creates a beam of energy to try and stall Thanos, sure she might not be strong enough, but she sure as hell was going to try. She was worried about the others, especially since Alex seemed injured and Kiva had been using her powers, a lot "Where's your cousin?" she asks Atreus.

Alex chuckles "I know, but we are surrounded by the Wakanda army, one minute wouldn't hurt would it?" he asks, he might have a concussion though, but that's a concern for later, assuming he'll be there to worry about it. He looks at the troops and frowns, they just keep coming don't they "Nothing against our alien friends so to speak, but why can't we ever get the easy shit?"

LumaThePhoenix LumaThePhoenix roxas roxas

"And we wouldn't be in this mess if they couls handlecit by themselves Atreus." Victoria deadpans at him, she land behind Wanda when she arrives and creates a beam of energy to try and stall Thanos, sure she might not be strong enough, but she sure as hell was going to try. She was worried about the others, especially since Alex seemed injured and Kiva had been using her powers, a lot "Where's your cousin?" she asks Atreus.

Alex chuckles "I know, but we are surrounded by the Wakanda army, one minute wouldn't hurt would it?" he asks, he might have a concussion though, but that's a concern for later, assuming he'll be there to worry about it. He looks at the troops and frowns, they just keep coming don't they "Nothing against our alien friends so to speak, but why can't we ever get the easy shit?"

Kiva looks at her hands and then back at Alex. She sighs and stays in place, allowing her body a moment to relax. There's an initial wave of pain that causes her to wince and get slightly dizzy, but she quickly shakes it off in an attempt to keep Alex from stressing more. "Fine. As you wish. I'll stop using my powers if it means you taking a moment to catch a breather as well." She places her hands on her hips. "But if things get drastic, I'm using them again." Kiva then looks over to Victoria and Atreus as Victoria was helping with fending off Thanos. "Hey! You okay? Need some help over there?"

Last edited:
Atreus just shrugs in response as he hadn't been keeping track of his cousin when his focus has been on her, he just backs her up with a green blast of his own magic to buy Wanda time til she destroyed the mind stone, he would snatch Victoria out of the way when Thanos came anyway so she wouldn't get herself hurt."This thing is just a big mess." He growled.

"Tell me about it and we had time to prepare." Victoria mumbles and she increases the strength in her beam before she realizes something and she looks at Wanda and Vision before looking at the gauntlet "Shit!" she says and looks at Atreus "I need you to distract him, he has the time stone, he can simply turn back time!" she says, well she's sure she won't be able to get the stone back, but she sure as hell will try it "And do not argue with me!"

"Yeah yeah." Alex says and he tosses her one of his guns "Use that in the meantime while we take a break." he tells her, the enemies wouldn't stop coming while they weren't actively attacking and they couldn't just stay there unarmed.

Atreus just gritted his teeth when told not to argue with her."He's taking on other heroes..." He mumbles as if he didn't think he could slow the mad titan down, he does throw himself between them though and forms a wall of ice to buy them some time and layered more and more beind the wall.

Kiva catches the gun and nods. "Okay." She looks at the gun in a bit of confusion. "Uhhhhhhhhh yeah this looks simple enough. How hard could it-" a shot fires as she pulls the trigger too hard on accident, luckily hitting one the enemies. "Oh! Okay. So that's how it works." Kiva turns her attention to endless array of adversaries and opens fire. It's clear that she's no expert with guns, but she's at least decent enough to hit her targets.

"Yeah, but no one seems to realize that this-" Victoria mentions to Wanda and Vision "-won't matter when he has the time stone!" she tells him. She opens a portal and drops in above Thanos, aiming for the gauntlet and she knows she probably won't succeed, but she's gonna try.

Alex quickly adjust Kiva's grip on the weapon before shooting an enemy popping up behind them "Just aim at the enemies and if it's empty I'll reload it for you." he tells her.

Kiva finds her aim had vastly improved with Alex's help. She looks at him and nods after hearing his instructions. "Got it." Then, she turns her focus back on her targets. One by one, she guns them down, only pausing when she needs to reload.

Atreus just groaned at this, he layered the wall with more ice and would've yelled at her for going after the mad titan herself."It's already seeming a bit pointless with how much we're failing..." He grumbled.

A fight later Victioria's leaning on her cane and she closes her eyes as she can see people turn to dust, they lost, they did their best and they lost the damn fight, she doesn't even know if her father's alive or not, doesn't know if he's being dusted. "Atreus." she says "Why'd we lose? We tried so damn hard and none of it did anything!" , she's frustrated, they were supposed to protect everyone and they failed, she doesn't notice that she's starting to dust in her frustration.

Alex, when he sees people getting dusted, becomes panicked, so he quickly grabs his phone to call his younger sibling "Pick up, please pick up." he whispers, the phone oes get answered, but it falls on the ground before there's even a sentence through it. "No..." he trails of as he falls on his knees, he doesn't even feel his injuries or the ehaustion right now.

roxas roxas LumaThePhoenix LumaThePhoenix

Last edited:
Kiva stands frozen in a stunned silence. All she could do is watch as countless allies around her disintegrated into dust. She could hear the distraught in the voices of her teammates. She has failed them too. Though she remained silent as she cautiously walked over and placed a hand on Alex's shoulder for comfort, her inner thoughts were a different story.

Dammit! I was too weak.....even after giving it everything I had and then some.....it wasn't enough. I'm sorry, everyone. I wasn't a good enough fighter. I wasn't a good enough teammate. I should've been better! I don't deserve forgiveness. Not from those we lost or by those who are still here.

Atreus stumbles over to her and he sighed."I don't know, they were more prepared than we were or we're just weak." He mumbled the last part like he was embarrassed by the thought, he looks up to find her starting to crumble."Vi? VI?!" He grabbed at her like he could try to stop her from being dusted.

Victoria sighs when she does notice "Hey Atreus, keep this save for me." she says handing him her cane/staff "It's very important that you do not lose it." she tells him before giving a hug "I know you'll find a way to reverse or fix this." she mumbles before she's fully gone.

Alex looks around for the others of the team he's supposed to lead and he just catches sight of Victoria disappearing fully, he leans against Kiva, mostly to be sure she's not going anywhere and partly for some comfort, was there even a way to fix this? He'd ask doctor Strange when he saw him "I'm tired." he mumbles, the exhauation finally fully setting in.

The last of Kiva's confidence fades away with Victoria as she watches her ally disappear. Her eyes also catch Hawkeye disintegrating. Atreus reacting to Victoria's fading shattered Kiva's already broken heart. How many people would be having the same reaction? Standing next to their loved ones one moment, and then seeing them gone the next. Vehicles suddenly having no drivers. Planes losing their pilots out of nowhere.

Fortunately, Alex leaning on her brings her back from the darkest pits of her mind. She was tired too, but she didn't want to speak out of fear of her emotions spilling out. Instead, she listens to Alex talk to Dr. Strange.

Atreus takes hold of the cane paused when she hugged him, that's when he broke."No don't go!" He held onto her til she was gone and he was on his knees sobbing the next moment, tightening his grip on the cane as he's hunched over.

Alex curses under his breath and sighs, if dr. Strange is in space then of course he can't contact him "Thalia, where are you?!" he calls, he hadn't seen Thor's daughter yet and that was slightly worrying considering what just happened to Victoria.

Dr. Strange makes a portal to get himself, Tony and Nebula back to Earth and he stops seeing all the chaos, his suspicion is confirmed when he sees Atreus hunched over, holding the cane, so he walks over to the boy "I am so sorry Atreus." he whispers, he had to give the time stone to Thanos, he had to or they wouldn't win, but it was him or Victoria being dusted. He crouches down and hug Atreus, giving him some comfort he might need.

Alex curses under his breath and sighs, if dr. Strange is in space then of course he can't contact him "Thalia, where are you?!" he calls, he hadn't seen Thor's daughter yet and that was slightly worrying considering what just happened to Victoria.

Dr. Strange makes a portal to get himself, Tony and Nebula back to Earth and he stops seeing all the chaos, his suspicion is confirmed when he sees Atreus hunched over, holding the cane, so he walks over to the boy "I am so sorry Atreus." he whispers, he had to give the time stone to Thanos, he had to or they wouldn't win, but it was him or Victoria being dusted. He crouches down and hug Atreus, giving him some comfort he might need.

Kiva looks around for Thalia as well. She didn't want to assume the worst, but that didn't stop the thought from reaching her mind. "They.... can't be gone...." She said with a shaky voice. Tears roll down her face. "They just can't be. There has to be something we can do to fix this." But what? What could they do? Smart as she may be, Kiva wasn't well-versed in this kind of situation. She closes her eyes and lowers her head. "We can't let it end like this....."

roxas roxas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back