• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Marvel/Daredevil Roleplay

Maddie grinned as she watched, describing every detail to Matt. "Hes so sweet! And now sable's gonna kick the shit out of him. YEAH SABLE!" Matt chuckled. "Speaking of which are we still on for tonight?" He asked, referring to their secret sparring matches. Maddie groaned. "Aw dammit Matt I made other plans. I'm so sorry." Matt smiled half heartedly. "It's fine. Smacking each other around can wait. You've got a boyfriend now." He teased, elbowing her.

The speed of the fight increased as Sable went after him, throwing punches quickly which Snafu blocked. When he threw a punch back, Sable turned into him, grabbing his arm and flipping him over her body she slammed him on the ground and grabbed behind his neck, twisting his body in painful way. He could feel a sense of panic rush through his body as he tried to reach for her, but she had control. He finally kicked her heel causing her to fall, he could feel the flashback coming and even though he had knocked Sable onto the ground. He rose a hand into the air, "I give... ow. Damn, she really did a number on my arm. I don't think I should be swinging it around anymore." Snafu took the arm and held it close to his chest, "Damn girl, you put up a good fight, I am unable to continue." He said slowly.

Sable stood up, taking off her helmet, "But I wanted to beat on you more."

Snafu shook his head, "I took a lot of hits, I couldn't land many on you, you're slippery."

"And the winner by forfeit, SAAAAABLLLEEE!!!" Maddie bellowed, hopping down to hold sable's hand in the air. Matt and foggy laughed openly while Karen pouted about losing her money. Maddie knelt next to snafu, helping him sit up. "I'll take a look at your arm." She offered.

"Aw thanks, Doc." Snafu said playfully as he sat down on one of the couches. Sable followed after Snafu once she put her gear away. The firemen cheering her, a few gave her high fives.

"Nice job knocking him off his high horse!" one said.

"Yeah he needed a good kick in the ass." another said.

"That was some good fighting. How old are you?"

"Hey. Never ask a lady about her age. Excuse me." she squeezed in between the firemen and sat in the chair across from Snafu watching Maddie look at his arm.

Maddie observed it but as she did she could feel the muscle re-knit itself. "I think you pulled it but..." She trailed off as she realized what was happening. Matt and foggy had joined them to congratulate sable and Matt could hear the healing in snafu's body. He frowned slightly, confused. Maddie decided to play it off, at least she could hide it from foggy and Karen. "Yeah you just pulled it. should be fine. Rest is the only thing you can do for it." She amended quickly. Foggy and Karen shrugged it off.

"Thanks. I'm sure it'll be better in no time." Snafu said as he moved it around a little.

"Why'd you give up?" Sable asked, "You threw the match."

"I didn't throw the match. You hurt my arm with that awesome throw you did." Snafu said, "You'll have to teach me that one."

Sable still wasn't convinced but said anyway, "Is that your way of trying to see me again?"

"Depends. Is it going to work?" Snafu asked.

Maddie wiggled her eyebrows at foggy who told Matt and then wiggled his back at her. He proceeded to tell Matt about that as well, which cracked Karen up. Matt grinned. "Sounds like there's some, uh...tension. I'm gonna go over here and uh...listen to something." Matt shuffled away and Maddie laughed, following and taking his arm as per usual. Foggy and Karen also backed away to give them space.

As Matt and Maddie went further from the group, Matt got curious. "So who is he?" "Well obviously a mutant who can heal himself but other than that...." Maddie shrugged. "No I meant your boyfriend. Anyone I know?" Matt asked. "Oh. Uh. Probably not. We were friends in college. Kinda like you and foggy." "Somehow I don't buy that." Matt teased with a grin. Maddie laughed "okay not EXACTLY like you and foggy. His name is James Wesley." She conceded. Matt stiffened, grabbing Maddie's arm. "What? What's wrong?" Maddie almost panicked. "He works for Fisk!" Matt hissed in her ear. "Wh...what?! No way that's impossible. I know him, he wouldn't-" "he would and he does. He's probably using you to get to me. or if not he's going to find out you know me and start doing it pretty soon." Matt hissed angrily. Maddie jerked her arm away. "Gee thanks for the compliment. Because no one could ever date me just because they want to. it's always about you, right?!" She snapped. "That's not what I-" Matt began but Maddie was already gone, strolling away from him in anger. Matt sighed.

Sable waited until the others had cleared away before laying into Snafu, "What is you deal with me?" she snapped, "Why do you care?"

"I just think you're pretty cool. I wanna get to know you is all." Snafu said.

"Why because I'm pretty?" That can't be the only reason someone would ignore my hostility this much. Sable was frustrated. Her defense mechanism wasn't working with this guy. It always worked.

"You just seem like the kind of girl who has a story, and it must be good if it's worth fightin this much ta protect it." Snafu said, looking into her big hazel eyes.

Sable rubbed her hands in her hair out of frustration and snapped, "Want a story?! I'm volatile, mean, and highly insensitive. I'm an orphaned street rat trash that got left out and forgot about. The only job I've ever had has been conning people and stealing shit which I've gotten pretty damn good at. Have you not picked up on anything yet? I don't like you and I'm not interested in sharing any part of myself with anyone even if it's a one night stand because I am not in a good place right now to even open up enough to have casual sex. So as cute as you are with your southern boy draw and old fashioned chivalry, and crooked smile... and curly hair" she spat pointing at him as she listed them off, "No!"

Snafu's smile faded. He looked highly curious at this point, wrinkling his brow as if trying to figure out a puzzle or understand abstract art. He replied simply, "Maybe I just want to be your friend. I'm not going to lie, you're beautiful and mysterious. That intrigues me, but I ain' lookin' for no one night stand. You got me all wrong. I ain' lookin' for casual sex either because that would mean I wouldn't be seein' you again. I want to see you again."

Sable just looked at Snafu from the tops of her eyes, surprised that Snafu even cared enough to set things straight.

"The reason I was drawn to you to begin with was... you look like you seen some shit... well... I seen some shit, too." Snafu said.

Sable played with her hair quietly before saying softly, "So... drinks tonight? And sparring?"

Snafu grinned brightly, "Tomorrow would be good with me."

"Okay... tomorrow." Sable smiled shortly before getting up and heading back over to the others.

Snafu sat there grinning wildly.

Foggy beaded over to see what sable was up to. "Are we still going to Josie's later? Matt and Maddie disappeared..." Suddenly Matt came over. "Sorry guys I can't go out tonight. I have other plans." He walked off, slapping his cane back and forth angrily. Maddie was in the distance, sitting on a bench and trying not to cry. She hated fighting with Matt. It just wasn't natural for them.

"Yeah. I'm up for drinks." Sable said, "Where to?" Sable asked before she noticed Matt approaching. She turned her attention to him, looking at him curiously. She often forgot he couldn't see her expressions and be able to respond to them, still he gave his message before hurrying off, "That was..." Sable looked over to Maddie, "Weird." she headed over to where she sat, "What happened?" she asked, taking down her hair.

Maddie shook her head. "Oh nothing. Matt thinks anyone who dates me is secretly working for fisk and only using me to get to him. Because everything is about him." She rolled her eyes. "To be fair, I don't know who Wesley works for but he's been very careful to keep me out of his professional life. Matt's just super paranoid because he and fisk are on opposite sides of a tenant case and he thinks fisk is dirty." She shrugged, explaining the connection without exposing matt's secret identity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sable plopped down next to her, her thick, fluffy hair falling across one side of her face, getting messy from the day, "That's... A little conceited. To think it's all about him and his case. Very insular. I'm sorry."

Maddie shook her head. "The worst part is he doesn't even see it....he thinks he's protecting me, like I'm being overly sensitive or something. And he will never understand. Because he has a new girl every week. But no one has ever looked at or treated me the way James does. He values me....and to say that it's fake and he's lying...it's just so hurtful." She sniffed. "He's been so on edge lately. I don't even recognize him anymore. He's not my Matty anymore. And part of me feels like its my fault. But I don't know why. Maybe because we were out of touch for a long time and now all of a sudden we're back in each others lives. Maybe we should have just stayed apart." She shrugged and sighed. "Congrats on your win by the way. Are you gonna see him again?" She asked, gesturing to snafu.

"Maybe he's jealous." Sable said, "That's what it sounds like to me... Wanting what he can't have." She lifted her feet up kicking them in front of her before glancing at Snafu who was getting to know Foggy and Karen. She smiled slightly as she watched him, responding carefully, "Yeah. I think so."

Maddie rolled her eyes. "He could have me! But he never asks. So I assume he doesn't care." She shrugged. She glanced up to see foggy and Karen joking with snafu. "He seems nice. Like in a genuine way." She said, tilting her head thoughtfully. "I'm glad you got past your aversion to new people with him." She chuckled.

Sable shrugged, "People can seem a lot of ways." She turned to look at Maddie, listening to her carefully as she spoke. Sable responded, "What do you mean? My aversion to new people?" she raised one side of her lip in an expression of mixed disgust and confusion.

Maddie shook her head. "Cmon you know you're a jerk to new people. You were a jerk to all of us before you got to know us. It's your defense mechanism. I'm just glad he managed to get past it. He seems like a decent person." She explained with a shrug.

Sable shrugged, "It's not personal, I just..." she sighed, trying to find the best way to explain it, trying to be honest with herself, "The more people I let into my life, the higher the chance of one of them fucking me over again." she kicked at her feet as her legs swung limply from the bench, "Why would I want to give somebody the chance to know me when I don't even know who I am myself..."

Maddie smiled. "Our experiences with other people are a part of who we are. So while yes someone may fuck you over again, as you put it, they may also change your life in a different or even better way." She replied with a small shrug. "You just have to give them the chance. Trusting is hard when you've been betrayed so many times but its still better to trust because at least you know you'll survive if it goes badly, and who knows you may get something good out of it."

Sable listened to what Maddie had to say, working the concepts over in her head, running the scenarios. She spoke up, "Yeah well..." she crossed her arms, "I just don't know if it's worth it. The bad times for the good times. Better to just..." she stopped dead, she honestly didn't know where she was going with that, just didn't want the immense anxiety of accepting new, unknowns into her life, "Let's just go get drinks. I want some booze."

Maddie grinned. "Hell yeah." She stood, determined to get drunk off her ass to forget her troubles. she decided to just turn off her phone and ignore both the men in her life. Just for one night. she went to foggy and Karen. "TIME FOR DRINKS!" she called. Foggy and Karen cheered.

It was almost two in the morning and foggy, Maddie and Karen were all exceedingly drunk. Karen was laughing as Maddie and foggy shit talked over their game of darts at the bar. Maddie was beating foggy but not by much since she was inebriated. She was usually very good at darts. "Foggy, foggy, we gotta go home!" Karen finally said as Josie made the last call. Foggy groaned. "Aw but that means Maddie wins!" Maddie grinned. "I woulda won anyways!"

Sable and Snafu cheered them on. Snafu wanted to play, he had played darts for many, many years. Darts and cards were two games that Snafu had acquired ungodly skills at through many years of practice. Instead though, he just watched, laughing and cheering them on, cracking jokes and just enjoying the night and the drinks. He was slightly buzzed, but far from losing his faculties. Snafu had been drunk so many times, resorting to alcoholism for years to manage his PTSD, and it seemed it took more to affect him now than it had. Sable had never really played darts, but she had thrown a lot of knives at targets in her time. That is what the MSR considered educational games for the youngins. She had gotten pretty good, but darts were completely different. She continued to put down drinks with the best of them, "Maddie wins!" Sable called holding up her shot of Bailey's as she did.

Snafu spoke, "Damn. A lot of talented women here." He saw Sable go to down the Irish car bomb and stared shocked as she dropped the Irish cream into the Guinness and downed the glass. His eyes widened, "Shit..." he said as he watched her. Standing up, he reached out on arm to help Sable get up, but she stood up just fine and pushed his hand away,

"I ain' no light weight. I can hold my liquor." she snapped, "Watch." Sable stood in the middle of the room looking around behind her to make sure it was clear. She jumped up, did a back tuck and landed, slightly unsteady, but still safely, "See!"

"Woah." Snafu clapped, "Alright, alright... You're not drunk."

Maddie laughed. "Nice! I wanna do a cartwheel!" Maddie cheered. She bent over to do one and fell down. Foggy laughed so hard he fell down too, and Karen sat back down in a chair before she fell on top of them. Finally Maddie pushed foggy off of her and got up, dusting herself off. "Pretty good huh?" She quipped, winking at snafu and laughing. She was most definitely drunk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back