• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Marvel/Daredevil Roleplay

"Interesting how you could come back to that... that sense of community." Snafu said as he took another drink, "I was the one who couldn't." he wiped his nose before leaning his elbows onto the table and resting his chin in his hands, "Isn't it obvious?" he replied, "If not maybe I'm gettin' better then."

"What part of Louisiana? I meant to ask a bit more specifically. I've only been once, and didn't spend much time outside of the airport." Maddie explained with a small smile.

"Oh... I'm from New Orleans." Snafu didn't want to make himself to traceable and found it best not to give specific detail. New Orleans was a big place and his home town was close enough, "It's a great place to be, I love it there."

Maddie nodded slowly. "Hm." She scrutinized him, deciding that he was either lying or choosing his truths carefully. "You have any family? How'd you end up in the big apple?"

"Just my brothers." Snafu said, "I'm the oldest of three boys. What about you?" he asked as he leaned back in his chair and answered her second question, "I just go wherever the world takes me."

The bell to the shop rang as Sable walked in, dressed in tight blue jeans and black boots. She was wearing a nice silk black and gray shirt and earrings, her makeup done up and hair tamed more than usual. She walked past the counter, not ordering a thing, and sat down in an empty seat at the table between the two who sat across from one another. She looked off to the side, away from Snafu and towards Maddie, "Hi." she greeted.

Sable a little "done up"

Sky-Ferreira-008.jpg

Maddie shook her head. "Only child." She looked up as sable sat down. "My goodness, someone's looking lovely this evening. What's the occasion?" She teased, sipping her coffee.

Sable grinned lowering her head slightly embarrassed. She was not used to those kinds of compliments, being called beautiful, lovely, or pretty. People just wanted other things, "Do I need a reason to pamper myself?" she asked, her attitude poking through.

"It's not for me is it?" Snafu asked.

Sable rolled her eyes and turned to look at him.

"Hello again." he said.

"Are you that egotistical that you think girls put on make up, do their hair, or dress nice to please you. Get over yourself." Sable turned her head away from him again. A big smile on Snafu's face as he held back a laugh.

Maddie bit her lip to hold back a laugh. "Easy there tiger. He just wishes he had someone as lovely as you in his life." She winked at sable. "Did you go to that salon we scoped out the other day? I want to go there. I need a trim." She frowned as she held up a lock of firy red hair.

"Yeah I did." Sable smiled, "I think I'm going to dye my hair blue there later. I don't know, I am getting kind of used to blonde."

"It looks nice." Snafu said.

Sable opened her mouth about to say something else snappy but stopped trying to have a least a little self control.

"Goodness take the compliment. I'm sure you probably get tired of hearing it, but I've never had a chance to tell you how pretty you are before." Snafu said.

"Actually I'm not tired of hearing it, I usually don't. It's not something people notice about me." Sable said annoyed.

"What?" Snafu looked confused, not believing her at first.

Maddie chuckled. "To be fair, usually she doesn't wear this stuff. Or makeup. Not that she isn't beautiful without it. But she generally kind of dresses like a boy. Again, not that it's a bad thing." Maddie said, trying to defend her point. "I like you as a blonde. Makes it that much better when guys underestimate you. Not only did they get schooled by a girl, but a blonde on top of it." Maddie shrugged.

"Why do you dress like a boy? You're beautiful." Snafu said taking another drink.

"Yeah okay, that's enough of that." Sable said uncomfortably crossing her arms. She smiled at Maddie, "Yeah, kicking ass and taking names."

"Are you a fighter?" Snafu asked curiously.

Sable shrugged, "I'm not a fighter. I can fight." she answered.

"Really?" Snafu said crossing his arms, "You? Tiny little thing."

"Is this not what Maddie just said about underestimation." Sable snapped at him.

Maddie grinned. "Let's put it this way. If I had to place a bet on who would win in a fight, I wouldn't put my money on you." She said to snafu with a smirk. "She doesn't fight unnecessarily but she is very good at fighting when she has to."

"Then come spare with me. At the fire house. We have mats and equipment there for practicing in our free time." Snafu said.

Sable crossed her arms, ignoring him at first, not wanting to agree to it, but wanting very badly to kick this guy's ass.

"Come on. Maddie can come, we'll put a bet on it." Snafu egged on.

Ah! Gambling. Now there was something Sable could get behind, "Yeah, alright. Don't go easy on me though, you'll regret it."

Maddie grinned. "Oh I'm totally inviting Matt and foggy. They're my friends. I hope you don't mind. I'm interested to see how they bet." She told snafu, pleading with her eyes.

"Sounds like a great plan to me." Snafu said, "I'm always up for a fight and friends. And then drinks afterwards. Yes?" he pointed from Sable to Maddie wanting both to agree.

Sable sighed, realizing that this was Snafu's way in, and she didn't like it. They were supposed to be figuring out more about him right now, but it did sound like a fun time.

Maddie grinned. "Oh yes. Matt and foggy will want to introduce you to Josie and her bar." She winked at sable. "Sounds like a great plan." She elbowed sable.

Sable nodded, "Alright then. You're on."

"Shake on it?" Snafu held out his hand.

Sighing lightly, Sable took it reluctantly and Snafu wrapped his rough, warm fingers around her hand. He pulled her hand close to him and kissed her hand. She pulled it away quickly and gave him a slightly disgusted look.

He just kept smiling his crooked smile at her with his weird teeth. She couldn't help it, but a smile pulled shortly at each corner of her mouth.

"Right now?!" Sable said standing up abruptly, her voice breaking in exclamation.

"Do you want me to get you some coffee before we go?" Snafu asked softly in his Cajun draw.

"No, I don't want anything." she growled.

"You sure, it's fine, I'll pay."

"Caffeine is bad for you." Sable said crossing her arms.

Snafu raised his hands in the air smiling, "Alright, Ma'am. Sorry."

Maddie laughed aloud. "And you ARE an expert on what's bad for people." She shot at sable, raising her eyebrows. When foggy picked up the phone, Maddie hurriedly explained what was going on. After agreeing to show up with matt and Karen, foggy hung up the phone with her.

((Timeskip to fight match? I was thinking sable and snafu make a bet and who ever wins gets to ask the loser twenty questions that they HAVE to answer truthfully.))

Sable rolled her eyes, "Yeah but he didn't have to know that." she said, her hair falling over one eye.

Snafu grinned, knowing there was more to this story than what he was being told, but decided to leave it for now.

((sure go ahead))

At the firehouse, Maddie had taken a spot between Matt and foggy with Karen on foggys other side. They sat on wooden bleachers next to a large blue mat that had been drug into the middle of the room. Matt had bet on sable, as had foggy but Karen had bet on snafu because she thought he had a better chance and secretly thought he was hot. Matt leaned over and whispered in Maddie's ear, "I smell cologne on you. And I don't think it belongs to snafu." Maddie blushed. "I uh I've been seeing someone. No big deal." "Ah. Okay. Just checking." Matt said quickly, trying to hide his disappointment. He had no right to expect Maddie to be a spinster, especially when he didn't get the courage to to ask her out. He just had alot going on and he didn't want to endanger Maddie more than he already had. He also didn't want to jeopardize their friendship by throwing in a new dynamic of relationship. But he supposed it didn't matter now. He returned his attention to the mat, waiting for the sparring to begin.

"Here." Snafu said as he dug in the box of fighting supplies, "Put this on." he handed her a helmet and a mouth guard.

Sable rolled her eyes, "I fought on the street man, we didn't wear shit like this." she laughed.

"Put it on anyway. I'm putting one on, too." Snafu said.

"Okay." Sable put on the helmet and gloves. She felt silly.

"So Maddie really brought a blind man to a sparring match?" Snafu asked.

"Eh. Go figure." Sable said shrugging and throwing some punches into the air. The gloves felt big and clunky. She didn't like them, but she supposed she didn't want to bloody up her knuckles or his face.

"Go sable!" Maddie cheered. "Oh shit we need a ref." She got up. "Okay ladies and gentlemen I want a nice clean match today! No aiming below the belt! First person to pin the other to the ground for 15 seconds wins!" Matt grinned as he heard Maddie. She had seen so many boxing matches that she could imitate an announcer's voice almost perfectly. They had watched all his dad's matches together. Even after the accident, she would describe to him what was happening on the TV. "We aren't going for knockout here because I don't wanna have to go back to the hospital." Maddie explained to snafu and sable.

"Alright, no promises." Sable said as she put the guard in her mouth and pulled up her fists. Once they were given the go ahead, the two started walking around one another fists up, ready to fight. It was obvious Snafu wasn't really into it, not wanting to hurt Sable. She decided to give him some encouragement, "I promise you can hit me, but I can hit back unlike your mom."

"Is that your best trash talk?" Snafu asked.

"No, just getting warmed up." Sable threw a punch, Snafu leaning back out of the way. She followed it up with a few more, him stumbling back.

"Oh shit!" some of the firemen called and hooted.

"Tell your friends this is for them." she faked right and delivered a strong left hook to the side of Snafu's face. He stumbled back and threw a punch, Sable dodged underneath, kicking him in the gut. He stumbled backward trying to catch his breath, but Sable was on him. She rushed him, tackling him to the ground and punching him repeatedly in the face. He wrapped his arms around her and used his legs to put a barrier between them prying her off. Being stronger, he got his legs up under her and kicked her off. She hit the mats before snapping up to her feet receiving more hoots from the firemen. Snafu rushed her this time, swinging punches which blocked before sending out some of her arm, two connected,she went to kick again but Snafu was ready and smacked her foot away with force, knocking her off balance as he landed one on her face.

Sable stumbled backwards surprised, her put a hand to her face.

"Sable, Oh no. no." He took off his helmet and hurried over to her, "Are you okay? I'm so sorry." he said kindly.

"Put your helmet back on so I can hit you in the mouth."

Snafu stopped, looking back at his men before putting his helmet on, "Alright." he said pulling his fists up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back