• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Marvel/Daredevil Roleplay

Jamie looked concerned as he heard all those medical terms. He replied, "Well those don't sound... uh stable." Jamie did as he was directed squeezing Maddie's fingers, but holding back his strength, "I don't want to hurt you." he said, "How hard do you want me to squeeze?"

~

Getting a message from the desk, Sable walked out to the waiting room and looked around at the people, wondering which one was Mr. Fontenot. She cleared her throat, calling out in her high pitched voice, "Snafu? I'll take you back to Mr. Pierce now."

A young looking man with dark, short curly hair and blue eyes had been leaning against the wall about 15 feet away. He lifted his head and turned toward her, approaching with one hand loosely raised in the air. He spoke with a slow, Cajun draw, "Over here..." Once he finished aproaching, he looked down to the small lady and asked as they began walking back to the ICU, "How is he?"

"He's stable... seems to be doing well for the injuries he has, but I'm not the doctor so..." she shrugged.

"So you're a nurse? Don't you have a little... chart on him?" Snafu asked.

"No. I'm not a nurse either."

Snafu thought that was weird but shrugged it off, "Obviously he's coherent enough to tell you I go by Snafu."

"Yeah, he's coherent." Sable said, "Hey... why do you go by Snafu? Is it some kind of inside joke between the firemen or something like that?"

Snafu gave a half grin, chuckling silently as he did, "No... that's a name that's been around a long time. I got it in the war."

"You're prior military?" Sable asked.

"Yeah."

"Makes sense then I guess, but I thought Snafu was an older term, it's like the predecessor to fubar. Right?" Sable asked as they entered the ICU.

Snafu nodded, raising his eyebrows, he was impressed, "Not bad, looks like you know a little for someone so young."

"I'm not what I appear to be." Sable replied.

"Apparently not..." He looked at her name tag, "Sable." he smirked, "And you make fun about my name."

"What's wrong with Sable?" Sable snapped getting defensive.

"It's a type of marten that lives in Northern Europe and Asia."

"And?"

Snafu shook his head, "Nothing... just reminds me a lot of my name." They arrived outside the room.

"Shelton?" Sable asked as she walked in first.

"No, Snafu." He replied as he followed. He saw Jamie, "Hey brother." he spoke as he approached the bed.

Sable crossed her arms staring at his back as he approached his friend.

Maddie chuckled. "That's fine. Just wanna make sure you're responsive. Your body has to talk to your brain." She finished her exam and turned around. "Ah, Mr. Fontenot. Nice to meet you. My name is Maddie. Your friend here had a pretty good fall but our surgeons got him fixed up. He should be fine with some rest. We will keep him around for observation." She told the man, taking off her gloves and tossing them.

Snafu nodded, "Just call me, Snafu. I'm not a fan or being called Mister." he said glancing at Maddie shortly before directing his attention back to Jamie. Now beside his bed, he pulled up a chair saying as he stood behind it, turning it around backwards to face him, "Thank you guys for taking care of him, you'll probably be seeing me around a lot, until he gets better." he sat in the chair.

"How did you make it?" Jamie asked, "You fell, too."

"I got lucky." Snafu answered, looking a little nervous, anxious to answer.

"Two stories? Not even a scratch?" Jamie asked.

"I'd be insisting on an exam but since you obviously have motor skills and aren't in any pain I don't see a need to. That is rather...miraculous." Maddie chose her words carefully. "Visiting hours are 9-7 everyday. So feel free to come whenever you like." She added. "We like it when patients have visitors. Gives them something to look at that's more interesting than the hospital walls."

Snafu nodded, "Yes, Ma'am..." he looked back in forth between Maddie and Sable, "Better get used to me." he paused on Sable, his blue eyes watching her, "You'll be seeing me for a while." he grinned playfully before looking back down to Jamie, "I take it back, Man. You are the lucky one."

"How's that?" Jamie asked.

"You get to be waited on by these pretty ladies."

"Pfft. How archaic." Sable said crossing her arms.

Maddie rolled her eyes in agreement with sable's comment. "If I had a dime for every time I've heard that line I wouldnt need to be here waiting on your buddy. Just stick to looking pretty, don't open your mouth." She quipped at snafu, winking. As she turned to leave she added, "by the way....I get the nickname now." She grinned and left the room, chuckling.

Snafu placed a hand to his chest to signal "me?" as Maddie said he was looking pretty. Jamie laughed at Snafu as Maddie left the room. He coughed slightly before replying,

"Way to chase her away, Snaf."

Snafu shrugged playfully grinning, he turned to Sable, "So Sable... do you volunteer here?"

"Something like that." Sable replied.

Snafu approached her slowly, "Hey, sorry about the comment earlier. I didn't mean nothin' by it."

"Mmhmm." Sable said raising her eyebrows, arms still crossed.

"Look, I don't want you to think I'm some kind of chauvinist. Why don't you let me take you out for a drink or something." Snafu spoke raising his hands as of signaling surrender.

"You don't know me." Sable spoke warily with immense distrust.

Snafu shrugged, hands still up, "So. That's how you make friends ain't it?"

Sable looked him up and down shortly before narrowing her eyes and whispering to him gruffly, "You don't have the balls to be with me." she turned around and spoke as she left, "If you need anything Jamie, just call the nurse."

Snafu stood there, eyes wide, watching her leave. Once she was gone, he spoke, "She likes me."

"That's my man... always swinging, never hitting." Jamie chuckled.

"Always swinging." he repeated confidently.

Maddie went about her business as usual, smiling to herself at the little exchange. Snafu seemed like a decent guy, a bit old fashioned but decent. she wondered if he was a mutant, his healing ability being so amazing.

Sable caught up with Maddie rolling her eyes, "Can you believe that jerk." she said annoyed, "Do you have to put up with that shit often being a nurse? I answer to no man much less wait on them, please."

Maddie chuckled. "Oh ueah. All the time. I just remind myself that I don't work for them, I work for this hospital and I do a damn good job at taking care of people. Even male chauvinist pigs." She winked at sable. "So I think snafu is a mutant." She added curiously, checking her clipboard.

"I thought the same. I mean, I know being a mutant is rare and it's a small percentage of the population, but I don't buy that falling from two stories onto burnt debris causes you to walk away without even a scratch." Sable leaned against the wall as Maddie looked at her clipboard, "He would had to have healed... and fast. Accelerated healing."

Maddie nodded. "Yeah. That would be the only believable explanation in my book." She replied. "He seems....old fashioned too. Like maybe beyond the chauvinism." She added with a chuckle. "I'd like to know him better honestly. But I don't think he'd allow it if he's a mutant."

"Old fashioned? He acts like a soldier. He told me he was in the war." Sable said shrugging, "I don't know... I can't stand men who try to dominate women, like they have something to prove." she rolled her eyes, "He asked me out for drinks. I shot him down, why don't you date him then if you want to know him better."

Maddie chuckled. "You barely know him! How do you know he's trying to dominate you?" She heard sable's second comment and grinned. "Maybe I will, then. Wesley and I don't have any qualms seeing other people." She quipped, checking her clipboard again and glancing at sable out of the corner of her eye to catch her reaction.

"Good, go for it." Sable replied simply, "Let me know how much of an ass he is." she said while shuffling through some papers, not even giving Maddie a glance.

Maddie chuckled. Typical sable. She wondered what would happen if....she texted Wesley. 'New guy at the hospital wants to take me for coffee. He's a friend of a patient.' And hit send. Minutes later, a reply came. 'Have fun. Be safe.' Maddie felt a rush of warmth move through her. He was very considerate and protective. Almost as much as Matt, but with the added benefit of actually being into her. Maddie strolled into the room where snafu and jamie were. "So my friend turned you down on your offer, but there's a Starbucks down the street of you wanna get a cup of Joe with me later?" She offered, completely unafraid and unaltered. She was genuinely curious about this man, even if sable wasn't.

Sable watched as Maddie walked off. She followed her slowly and silently, staying out of her sight and listening from against the wall outside of the room. She furrowed her brow as she heard Maddie ask him out, curious to what he would say, hanging on to every word.

Snafu glanced from Jamie to Maddie, she was definitely a pretty girl. She seemed tame for him, but he was not about to turn down a hot date and some coffee! Snafu nodded slowly, his Cajun draw allowing his reply to smoothly come forth, "Absolutely. When do you get off?" he asked.

Sable scowled as she heard his reply, rolling her eyes, "Pchh. please." she snapped crossing her arms, "Is she really falling for his shit?"

Maddie smiled. "I get off at 4 today. I'll see you then." She walked out of the room and headed to the desk, going about her business as if nothing had happened.

Once Maddie exited the room, Snafu fist pumped and turned to Jamie who said, "Nice job pretty boy."

"See, I get a hit... sometimes." Snafu said sitting back down in the chair next to his friend, a smile on his face.

Sable watched Maddie march on by her without giving her any attention as if nothing had just happened. Raising her eyebrows, she followed Maddie. Once she got next to her, Maddie was still ignoring her as she went about her work. Sable didn't do well with being ignored. She spoke, calling attention to herself, "I am curious about him too ya know. I always want to know about other mutants..."

Maddie raised her eyebrows. "Then come with us. It's just coffee. Not like its dinner and dancing." She suggested, lowering her clipboard to talk to sable. "I know you do it for a reason, but hopping to the worst conclusions about a person before you get to know them my not always be in your best interest. It's a defense mechanism and sure it works sometimes but if you don't give anyone a chance occasionally, you'll never have a normal relationship. You gave me a chance and look at us now! You couldn't imagine life without me." She teased, winking.

Sable sighed as she listened to Maddie. She knew Maddie was right, however, this was the only way she ever survived. She agreed, "Yeah, alright. I'll come." she nodded.

Maddie smiled. "Good. Now when he makes a stupid comment, as he will, instead of getting pissed imagine him in his underwear. Nice show for you, humiliating for him, its basically a great way to combat the chauvinism." She suggested with a chuckle.

Maddie rolled her eyes. "And then he will never come back and we won't learn anything about him. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. if you're gonna jeopardize my recon mission then you can't come, plain and simple. If I have to deal with you being pissy and fighting with him I'll never get to who he is." Maddie retorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back