• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Marvel/Daredevil Roleplay

Maddie chuckled. "You can always duck out if it gets to be too difficult. But then that would be giving up." She shrugged with a small grin on her face. "Whatever floats your boat."

It was finally 4pm and Maddie quickly put her nursing supplies away as she got ready to leave. She got her coat to protect her against the winter chill that was creeping into the air as winter approached. She looked around for sable and snafu.

Before 4pm had come, Sable had waited patiently until the record woman's shift end at 3:30pm. Sable was aware of this hour break in shifts. The first woman would come from 0700 - 1530, the second from 1630 - 0100. Sable wanted to know if she was born in this hospital. She went to the file cabinets, looking through the Jane Doe cabinets in attempts to find something on the date she was born. She had been sneaking in quite often lately, trying to find anything she could about herself, her background, her family, where she'd come from, who she really was. Sable had been the only name in her life that she had that received any love and care. It was the name she knew as hers, the name with which she identified. However, this didn't stop her desire of wanting to know.

Snafu was sitting in the room with Jamie who had just eaten some apple sauce and was growing very tired. He had been fading in and out of sleep the entire time Snafu had been here. Jamie spoke, "So you going out with that nurse?"

"That is what she said." he looked at his watch, "4 pm." He stood up from his chair, "You look like you need to get more rest buddy. Attempting to heal from a state of near death can make you pretty tired." he said jokingly as he placed a gentle hand on his friend's arm.

Jamie nodded slowly, eyes watering, "Yeah..." he said, closing his eyes and relaxing.

Maddie walked to Jamie's room to check on him one last time. "Hey there jamie." She said with a warm smile, checking his chart and vitals. "You're looking good. Just get some rest now, okay?" She said kindly. She glanced at snafu. "You ready? A friend of mine is gonna meet us there." She explained, slipping on her coat.

Snafu grabbed his brown leather jacket and threw it on loosely over his thin, gray three quarter sleeve shirt, listening to Maddie speak to Jamie. He felt it again, that feeling, that feeling that slowly pushed it's way into his life, his world, and tainted the corners of his mind, eating away at him until it became all consuming. Guilt. He felt guilty that Jamie was sitting her in the hospital while he had his health and was going out for coffee. Jamie almost lost his life and Snafu didn't have a scratch. He resented this about himself, 'I should have died a long time ago,' he thought, zoned out when Maddie started addressing him. He was staring down and to the side, distracted until he heard the words "A friend".

"Hmm?" Snafu looked again from the ground and at Maddie's bright eyes before responding, "Oh erm... yeah, that sounds good to me." Back in the war, new soldiers to Snafu's company had a lot of trouble understanding his Louisianan accent. However, over the years of being away from his home state, he was able to draw it back a bit, just enough to learn to enunciate more clearly. He wondered who this friend was and was hoping it wasn't another guy. That would definitely put a damper on the whole venture.

Maddie smiled. "You look a little distracted there. You sure you don't have a concussion or something?" She came at him with her pen light to check his pupils.

Snafu shook his head, "I have head so many concussions. I think I am immune to them by now." he joked around allowing Maddie to do her thing and look him over, "Really, I'm fine. I didn't hit my head." that was a lie of course. Snafu actually wasn't sure what he hit. He just remembered blacking out and waking up with paramedics approaching. He got up and told everyone he was fine and to focus on Jamie. Either way, he knew his body had healed whatever injuries he had acquired in the fall. It was so easy for him, while others had to fight. He thought about that one too much, "Ready?" he asked.

Maddie frowned. "In that case you should be more careful." She chuckled, putting away her light. "Yeah let's go. I'll see you later Jamie. Sleep well." She called, waving as she left the room.

Snafu walked with out of the room waving to Jamie, "See you later, brother." he said as they exited into the hallway. He picked up his step to keep up with Maddie, "So are we walking or do you want a ride?" he wasn't sure how far away this place was that Maddie wanted to go to.

Maddie chuckled. "Get into a vehicle with a perfect stranger? No. We're walking. The place is just a block or so up the street. Besides I need to be outside for a bit. I start feeling cooped up at the end of the day." She said, stretching her legs. Little did she know a black SUV was parked a block on the other side of the coffee shop. Wesley was watching.

Snafu nodded, "Nice, nice. A little air is never a bad thing. Thanks for calling me perfect by the way. You're... too kind." he teased as they walked.

Maddie chuckled. "It would appear so. You scared off sable pretty fast. She doesn't take well to strangers though, so I won't hold it against you." She said, walking up to the coffee shop. It had a green canopy over the front door and as she opened that door, the smell of coffee and chocolate flooded out. "Mmm. They must have made fresh brownies." She said, quickly entering.

Snafu chuckled, "Yeah I have that affect on women. She scared me, too though. She seems... tough." He said searching for the right word. Snafu grabbed the door so he could hold it open for Maddie as she entered, keeping it open for an older couple who entered after them they thanked him and went to the front desk to order. He caught up with Maddie and spoke, "Delicious." as he took a deep breath.

Maddie shrugged. "Sable is an exceptional person. But she has a history just like anyone." She replied casually. "Yeah they are." She ordered a medium coffee and a brownie.

Snafu listened to those words. They made him even more curious. There was something about Sable that interested him, that made him want to know more, to understand where she came from... perhaps she saw something in her that reminded him of himself. He told the person behind the cash register, "I'll have what she's having." He pulled out some cash, ready to pay for the both of them, "You come here often then?" he asked Maddie.

Maddie grinned. "It's that obvious? I do. Almost every morning. It's like a second home." She said, waving at her favorite barista.

"Makes sense." Snafu said as he watched Maddie greet the barista shortly, "I bet you work weird hours, coffee helps with the lack of sleep... so does nicotine." Snafu knew all about that one, "So is there a favorite place you like to sit?" he asked.

Chuckling, Snafu shrugged and agreed, "I can't say a blame you. Especially in a city like this. People are interesting." He took his order from Maddie, "Thank you, Ma'am." and sat by the window. He took a sip of his coffee. It was burning hot, just as he liked it, "Now that's some coffee if I've ever had any." he complimented.

Maddie nodded as she sat and sipped her own coffee. "I can drink it black because its so good here. I can't stand black coffee anywhere else in this city." She replied. "So you're a firefighter? How long were you in the army?"

Snafu drank the coffee, "Black is how I like it." he said, "Helps chase away the sleep monsters." the last was a small inside joke, but he said it nonetheless, smiling as he did so. He was easily entertained. He was about to answer Maddie's first question when her second one threw him off for a second. He replied, "Sable told you I was military huh? I wasn't army... marines. And it was about five years." he said simply taking a bite of his brownie. They were good, "How long you been a nurse?"

"No one told me. Your name kind of gave it away. I've been a nurse for...about 4 years." She replied. "Wow I don't usually think of it like that. Feels like its been much longer." Maddie shook her head. "What made you switch to firefighting?"

Snafu smiled, it felt like he had been at war for half his life, but when he said it like that... five years, it didn't sound as long. He replied to her question, "Well..." he sighed as he collected his thoughts, placing his hands on his knees, "I guess I didn't..." he stopped, "The war was over. Time to move on." he said simply, "Over for me anyway. I still want to do good though, help the best I can. That's why I'm a firefighter. Probably same reason you're a nurse."

Maddie nodded. She was very in touch with that feeling. "I grew up here in Hell's kitchen. Went off to college in Boston to be a nurse, but wanted to come back. I felt...responsible. And connected. Like I should use my abilities to help the people I grew up with. This neighborhood is a piece of shit but the community here sticks with you. Where are you from?" She asked, taking a bite of her brownie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back