• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Marvel: Avenger Contingency

I think Hulk outclasses everyone on principle when it comes to strength. Sounds good I like her quite a lot actually. In addition to screwing up Iron Man she could be useful backup for if someone counters falcon and for Star-Eagle. Assuming they don't all hate each other.

I think it should be fine, so far we've got a possible dark elf, whatever obscure kind of alien my character is, some inhumans (as mutants don't techinically exist cinematic) and a normal human. Adding android on that list seems perfectly reasonable.

So, what exactly is our team? Are we good, bad, neutral? Are we like the Suicide Squad? You know, bad guys being used by the government for their own goals.

Unfortunately, I don't watch a lot of TV so I have no real insight into that show. I get the general premise as you've explained though. What I'm reading here is that Shield feels like the avengers are out of control and dangerous. They put together a team to take them down and potentially replace them. Now the issue is yes we are beating up what is supposed to be the protagonist group which usually indicates bad guy, but in this case its equally feasible for us to play good aligned characters as evil. We are wiping out an organized force that is damaging the planet and threatening civilians. One could easily rationalize that. or you can be a bloodthirsty git who just wants to get to the fun bit. Alternately you could play a character with a personal vendetta against the avengers 'Tony crashed a giant alien whale into my apartment building and killed my family' kind of thing. Its really up to you. With such a large group I think we can handle a mingling of the alignments. As long as everyone remembers that their characters aren't going to agree with everyone else's so some things could get messy.

I get what you mean, but there must be some incentive right? I mean, sure the goody good guys in our team might do it for the sake of helping, but others might not. They might want something out of it, or they might be threatened to do it right?

Yeah I'm not sure. There's a lot of different facets to shield. I'm not sure they'd threaten anyone into joining their team though. Not extensively. That's just a waste of resources on an unreliable asset to me. ii'd rather find someone I can trick into believing they want to do it than coerce someone who doesn't.

Do you have something specific in mind?

Well... nothing in mind really. We can put it in the character sheet you know like "What made you accept the offer?" or something like that. It'll be easier, plus it will give a lot more freedom for the players.

You can join for a peanut butter sandwich for all I care xD As long as you play it in your character right? just like anything else in the background.

Though you have piqued my interest in what motives you chose now

Last edited by a moderator:
well that just became part of my characters backstory.

"So why did you go to the shield interview?"

"They said they'd have free peanut-butter sandwiches."

"Bu-"

"Free. Peanut. butter. Sandwiches."

Hey, I've read through this whole thing. And it just keeps on getting better and better xD

Alright, I just wanted to get a quick breifing in for my OC. I am hoping she can have powers and/or abilities much like The Black Panther. Should she infcat have his exact finesse and Panther like qualities? Or should I derive a chracter from a DC comic. She is one I have used before, though not in these Marvel circumstances.Basicly she was forced to sacrifice herself for the God's Greek gods, or perhaps we can change it to Asgardian gods. Not sure where it is that she sacrifices herself. But it is a jungle and it is wild, much like the Panther. Catch is, she is a Cheetah woman, spots, tail and all. I thought it would be a good match to the man from Wakanda.

Maybe she could be a young traveller, whom is kidnapped or something, taken in by those in this weird temple, but in Wakanda, and maybe she could be forced to change and such there. But, the Black Panther ((being also from Wakanda)) has the ability to save her from her demise. In the end he doesn't, she is transformed, ends up the bloodthirsty mess she never wanted to be. Alas, She has a big grudge against the Panther, wants revenge or something.....SHIELD finds her, she gladly goes with them on their terms that Avengers have become a threat already, and they will most likely be needing dealing with them soon etc etc. Her logic states it wont be long till the so called hero ((Panther)) joins the Avengers, and there, she will find peace in knowing she can kick his ass for "not trying harder". Jeez, I know this is confusing, they are more like dot points seperated by commas, anyways. You get what I'm saying? Cheetah versus Panther?

BeamMeUpScotty said:
Hey, I've read through this whole thing. And it just keeps on getting better and better xD
Alright, I just wanted to get a quick breifing in for my OC. I am hoping she can have powers and/or abilities much like The Black Panther. Should she infcat have his exact finesse and Panther like qualities? Or should I derive a chracter from a DC comic. She is one I have used before, though not in these Marvel circumstances.Basicly she was forced to sacrifice herself for the God's Greek gods, or perhaps we can change it to Asgardian gods. Not sure where it is that she sacrifices herself. But it is a jungle and it is wild, much like the Panther. Catch is, she is a Cheetah woman, spots, tail and all. I thought it would be a good match to the man from Wakanda.

Maybe she could be a young traveller, whom is kidnapped or something, taken in by those in this weird temple, but in Wakanda, and maybe she could be forced to change and such there. But, the Black Panther ((being also from Wakanda)) has the ability to save her from her demise. In the end he doesn't, she is transformed, ends up the bloodthirsty mess she never wanted to be. Alas, She has a big grudge against the Panther, wants revenge or something.....SHIELD finds her, she gladly goes with them on their terms that Avengers have become a threat already, and they will most likely be needing dealing with them soon etc etc. Her logic states it wont be long till the so called hero ((Panther)) joins the Avengers, and there, she will find peace in knowing she can kick his ass for "not trying harder". Jeez, I know this is confusing, they are more like dot points seperated by commas, anyways. You get what I'm saying? Cheetah versus Panther?
That would be really epic! :o Well thought out!

Wow this exploded in my absence! I was worried we wouldn't find enough people. Sorry for being offline so much but College has been killing me the past few days.

Shout out to @Rellwen for keeping everything under control and pointing it in the right direction. You seem to know your stuff, Pm me if your interested in being co-GM, it would be helpful to have someone to bounce ideas off

@theunderwolf you can have the Iron man counter, I feel like I have no claim to it after disappearing a while :/ I'll probably play as an Shield director OC.

To everyone else... All of your ideas are incredible, frankly just impressive. I'll begin work on the thread as soon as possible.

Hail the triumphant return of the op! Where'd I put the confetti canon...

Anyway yeah it looks like there's a great crew of people here. With the added bonus of enough characters involved that we can have conflicts or rivalries without totally busting the team dynamic.

This will be grand.

Great, I'll probably have my character bio finished tomorrow! I think I'm going to make a slightly older dude, like that he's in his late forties or something. A guy with a lot of field experience. I will figure him out tomorrow. ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back