• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Marvel: Avenger Contingency

Alien races are allowed for your counter, so it would be pretty cool to see such a character. You could also have cool weapons, like for Hawkeye's counter Yondu's Yaka Arrow from Guardians of the Galaxy. That way you could 'shoot' one arrow constantly. But of course, Yondu already has it. There are a lot of other cool possibilities though. For Captain America's counter I could have a human who gets an almost deadly version of the Super soldier serum, or maybe something different entirely. I really need to brainstorm on this one.

Ooh What about someone who was in the wolfspider program (assuming you want to play a male) I assume the cinematic universe allows for a wolf spider program as the black widow one exists.

Ooh, I like the way you think. That would actually be pretty awesome, especially considering it is a Russian program and Bucky is/gets associated with it. That would be a nice connection to Steve and his patriotism! :D

I was thinking the same thing. It could be fun~ Steve is such a drama pot though it's wonderful!

I was thinking of making an archer that specializes in close quarters combat. The general bow design I have is based primarily off of the assumed use of alien metals. It's strung with razor wire. As such my character would have sacrificed their right arm in place of a metal one so they would be able to fire the bow. To preempt any comparisons to bucky here I'd like to make the distinction that my character's arm would be light weight utility tech. It would not enhance strength or durability, or even be bullet proof. It would however possible have the ability to directly access, communicate with and provide reports on simple programming technologies via a sensor in the palm, (such as weapons similar to the bow or loki's scepter) mostly to provide damage reports and suggested maintenance. It could not allow them to hack or shut down anything.

My other idea was someone with inherent control of their corporeality. As that would make them impossible to hit but that seems less actually directed at hawkeye.

Thoughts?

[EDIT] I forgot to mention that the extent of the arm's gadgetry will depend heavily on the other characters we see pop up. If we have a tech genius it's going to be as basic as a metal arm can get, and probably extend to the elbow. If everyone has kickass weapons and abilities but we have noone that could perform upgrades like stark then I'll start it with the scanner mentioned and it will probably go up to the shoulder for closer relay to the brain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve is my favorite, because he is funny, strong and naive at the same time. (L) An absolute dork.

(Okay, excuse me when I say I had to read your post a few times to understand it, haha. Not that you write strange or something, but English is not my first language so I had to look up some words. :P )

But anyway: I like how well you have thought out the metal arm. It is a nice addition to the character without him being too similair to the Winter Soldier. The arm is vulnerable, but has some cool additions to it. (Used that word twice in a short time span, forgive me.) But yeah, the bow and the arm are really cool. Your character is not too powerful, but is still - seemingly - superior to Hawkeye. I don't know exactly what inherent control of corporeality is, but it sounds good! ( :P )

Do you already have an idea how you are going to name your counter?

Sorry about that. I know how frustrating it is not understanding someone. If you ever need me to rephrase anything I have no problem with that at all!

So " inherent control of corporeality" basically means they can turn into a ghost. They can't touch anything or be touched. Also generally invisibility goes along with that but i'm not sure in this case.

I was thinking I like the name Thrax.

That's okay, I can understand it pretty well. :)

Aha, thanks for the explanation! That's a cool ability. Hawkeye can maybe be one of the best shots on the planet, but even he can't shoot when he doesn't see his target. And cool name! Any relations to Drax, or coincidence? (Haha, we've pretty much spammed this thread. :P Oh well.)

Actually Thrax was me being a lazy bum because I made an original race as an antagonist for a little story I was telling, Thraxians, and I couldn't figure out what to name their ruling general so I just made her Thrax.

We could move it to PM if you'd like

Thor, his counter is someone with equally god-like power? Correct?

I was thinking to have a dark elf, blessed by some God's and a bunch of random Asgardian things! OR

A dark elf, a baby on one of the sips that attacked in Thor the Dark World, raised by Shield? Tested on and being mixed with the Dna of Thor? Or something of the sorts.

What would you guy say would be a decent counter part for the Almighty Thor?

Someone like Loki? Or something different entirely?

Thor is strong and can summon thunder, fly, and deal crushingly damaging blows. His biggest weakness is that he is a great big sap. You could go with someone similar to him. Your ideas sound interesting but I don't think shield could have gotten their hands on a baby early enough for them to fit in the timeline unless they were still very young during the roleplay.

I think a good counter to thor would be someone who can either grow more powerful the longer they fight him (ie. Sebastian Shaw) or maybe someone who can somehow prevent him from using Mjolnir. My first thought was the ability to bring out the worst in someone. make them feel all their bitterness and hatred, everything they've every been mad about, every dark thought they've had, take it all and make it fester. Crush the enemy under their own despair and rage. He'd lose the ability to use thunder or fly and he'd lose the only weapon he actually carries with him. It would be crippling.

[edit] just want to clarify I'm not saying the dark elf wouldn't work. not at all! Just needs a few tweaks is all ^^

The Ideas that I have seen from you guys are awesome. It has brought some ideas to mind for my own character along with some re-reading of War Machines character and other works of Marvel. I think I have a rough character put together, but perhaps could use come fine tuning. Mind if I share and get some feedback?

Go for it!

My ideas tend to be a little out there sometimes so i'm 100% ok with you telling me to stuff it. just a bit of a disclaimer. ^^

Cool Thanks!

Well in summary here is what I have so far. I would copy and paste the full character bio but it just has the biography, name and alter ego/ Alias so far. Still working how I will make his powers and abilities work together and overall fine tuning. But here it goes:

My character would have the birth name of Elias Golden who becomes the one known as Star-Eagle. He was born to Ian Golden, A former governor and Senator now serving as a consultant in some capacity to the president and is a successful businessman. While his mother, Elias never knew of or even met not even knowing of her appearance or qualities not even a picture In his possession. She unknown to him had powers one of which Elias came to uncover as one he has and shares with her, Sound Manipulation. He grew up estranged from his father and had no real family to speak of except for his nanny Isabella, of who he considered and loved as if she were his family and saw as a mother figure.

After finishing school and having the options to attend nearly any college he wanted, Elias would find himself at a crossroads in his life. A emptiness he felt desperate to fill and wanting to separate himself from his father and his money, A politician. So Elias joins the army instead of college, becoming a successful army ranger and marksmen with skills in both armed and unarmed combat. Earning medals for bravery and other accomplishments after several tours in his young career, gaining minor fame and making a name for himself as a soldier.

All the while catching the eye of S.H.I.E.L.D, after his discharge from the army and returning home or what was called that. Elias remains in contact with S.H.I.E.L.D and in silence suffers from Trauma relating to all that he had seen, suffered through and done while serving in the army and performing classified operations over his years in the U.S military.

In this time having no real family around, further distance exists between him and his father. He learned of the suspicious death of his loved nanny, Isabella and added to his mental state, Elias feeling that something was missing still and he had yet to accomplish enough in his mind, He ultimatlely joins Shield and begins his training, soon after discovering his power and dawning the suit that is all to similar to War Machines only added too and modified to suit him and his power. Thus Elias Golden becomes Star-Eagle

(Sorry for the rough read. But here is what I have so far. I was and am thinking of somehow including a cloaking/invisibility device that grants him temporary invisibility and keeps him off others radar for short periods at a time.)

Alright that sounds awesome. The only thing I'm wondering is how'd they get his suit? Did SHIELD filch the design from stark and reproduce it? That seems like something they'd do. I'm thinking that seeing as how most of war machine's power comes from the suit itself that to prevent your character from being, too much more powerful than his counterpart maybe we should nerf the suit a bit. After all, Tony wouldn't willingly build one for SHIELD and SHIELD isn't likely to have anyone that can build one that operates as well as the originals would. I'm not saying a lot. Just a bit, maybe his flight speed is slightly slower or the interface is not as awesome as jarvis. Am I making sense?

Yes, what your saying makes sense. A slower flight speed and weaker interface would work well, I mean since Stark is unlikely to build a suit or help Shield with that as you mentioned. I was thinking of Shield just taking the suit design and having it made to copy War Machines ability yet have a build and capability that adds too and modifies it to better suit Elias. It would not perform as well as the originals, but with the modifications to fit Star-Eagle it might equal out to War Machine. Such as the short term cloaking device and Elias's own sound manipulation power, to make up for his slower flight speed and weaker interface?

I like the cloaking device it seems fun. If you can think of other things to weaken in the suit that you like better than the speed or interface you could go ahead with that. Maybe Star-Eagle's suit is more resistant to certain frequencies messing with the systems or uses a different type of tech than the war machine suit so Elias can mess with his coms or something using the sonic capabilities

I like those ideas. I may keep the slower flight of speed, because I have been thinking of some fun ways to counter that using the sound manipulation and cloaking. But I like the the ideas you have mentioned, especially the one involving Elias using a different tech then War machine and being able to mess his coms and use the sonic capabilities.

The more we talk about this stuff the more excited I get to start. Star-Eagle sound like he's going to be fun!

Oh ouch! That would suck for him. What sort of limitations were you thinking?

baisicly only direct control, she can control the grars and hydrolics but not the computers plus, she wouldn't have any other powers so shed be kind of a glass cannon, she controls iron man or she goes down in one punch to him

Oh I totally meant eye contact vs proximity kinda thing but that's great too. Really well thought out, actually. It's alright if she's a glass canon i'm sure someone will tank up for her to hide behind!

Yeah she could hold her won in combat with normal people, but up against someone with super strength, say Thor or hulk, shes out classed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back