• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Marvel: Avenger Contingency

Allcure

The One and Only
The new Director of SHIELD sat at the head of the long glossy table, the sides lined by the stern faces of all of the other SHIELD executives. Both of his immense arms lay on the table in front of him, elbows cocked and hands clasped together, seemingly deep in thought. The other men at the table all seemed visibly scared of him, intimidated by his large frame and straight forward way of thinking. They had all seen him on the news of course but in the absence of Director Fury someone else had to step forward. And with new faces come new ideas. Only one Person dared to oppose them.

"The Avengers are our allies and assets, we have nothing to fear from them." Maria Hill pointed out blatantly, defiant under the new Directors gaze.

"It isn't fear that motivates me Miss Hill it is logic, even the most dangerous weapons have a fail-safe." The man said, his deep voice echoing throughout the room.

"The Avengers aren't weapons! They are our colleagues and frie-" Maria started before being swiftly interrupted.

"Our friends? Was that what you were about to say? Need we forget the damage in Wakanda? Damage Mr Banner has yet to even make a public apology for. and what of our Asgardian allies? They seemed happy to watch as HYDRA almost wiped out half of the human race." The man pushed, raising his voice slightly. Maria leapt to her feet enraged.

"Are you forgetting all the good they have done!" She half shouted. The new director exploded onto his feet slamming his fist down onto the table, cracks twisting this way and that across its surface.

"Are you forgetting who is in charge here!" He shouted seeming to shake the room with his rage. The Director seemed to calm down almost immediately, looking down slowly at the table and the damage he had caused. "Now, enact the Avengers Contingency, and order me a new table." Maria looked downwards, rage boiling inside her as the new director pulled rank.

"Yes, Mr Fisk".

So, the basic premise of this role-play is that some high ups in SHIELD have decided that the Avengers may be more dangerous than helpful. So have decided to put together a second team of enhanced individuals, ones with powers specifically tailored to counter those of the avengers. These powers can be through technological, biological or supernatural means though must be tailored to counter an existing Avenger. The RP will be set in the current MCU after the events of Age of Ultron.

The roles available are the counters to:

Iron Man -

Captain America -

Hulk -

Hawkeye -

Thor -

Black widow -

Scarlet witch -

War machine -

Vision -

Falcon-

As well as several new heroes that have just appeared on SHIELD's radar:

Antman -

Wasp -

Black Panther -

Spiderman -

Anyone interested?

Am I interested? Well... That's a light way to put it. This premise is so much yes! :D I would love to be the counter of Captain America or the Vision. Can't decide which one yet!

But the orginal Avengers will have to be played too, right?

The original avengers will appear here and there but the role-play will focus mainly on the training of the new team. Most interaction with cannon characters will be handled by me, or a secondary GM. With so many characters i might need help with this role-play.

I would be interested. However I was wondering where in the Marvel Universe this takes place. I mean, are we discounting the TV universe? Philip Coulson, Ward, Daisy, two SHIELDs etc.? I mean fair enough if we are, I just wanted to be sure. And also, could we play SHIELD agents as opposed to a superpowered person? Cause I'd like that.

@Geek with Me You can have the counter to Scarlet Witch but remember that the characters themselves aren't playable.

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Great to have you aboard :)

I will probably take the role of Iron man's counter :)

the fact the Tv show is in continuity of this roleplay means your character can be one of the new inhumans since mutants don't exist in this universe. Also the Netflix Daredevil show is part of the MCU so it's weird you are using Fisk if you wanted a rich villain use Norman Osborn he was once in charge of Shield in the comics

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I'm a new member but I do have experience. I'd love to join in on this. Can I counter hawkeye?

I'm interested.

I'll think about who I'll counter...

Ahh wait no I got it.

Thor.

It's the closest to thing to Loki. Oh what fun.

(>>)(<3.<3)

Ok so I'm not trying to step on any toes here. I compiled a list of who's claimed who. Obviously it's not official. I went on first come first serve. I may have missed some people so If anyone doesn't see their name they can let me know!

The roles available are the counters to:

Iron Man - @Geek with Me

Scarlet witch -GimmickPuppet

War machine - @Saru

Vision - @CrimsonEclipse

Falcon- Iceborn Phoenix

As well as several new heroes that have just appeared on SHIELD's radar:

Antman - @Jinx

Wasp - @StoneWolf18

Black Panther - @BeamMeUpScotty

Spiderman - @ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

I just figured this would help keep some organisation.

Last edited by a moderator:
@StoneWolf18 I'll put you in!

@theunderwolf Yes you posted first I saw that. the only reason I placed allcure in that slot was because they are the starter of this thread. They kind of get dibbs. Here's what I'll do; I'll put your name as a second. If Allcure really has abandoned this roleplay you get Iron Man Immediately. As I am not the official owner of this content I can not, in good conscience, do any more than that at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back