• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Manhatten Hero High School AU

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
(I think its pretty good. Now I just have to match it with a good response)

To saw A.J. was shocked by Jason's appearance would be the understatement of the millenium. The teen was bloodied, battered (both physically and mentally), both arms of his hoodie ripped off for unkown reasons. He was panting and wheezing like he'd run a marathon. He also looked like he was on the edge of a mental breakdown, something mist have gone seriously wrong.

The cocky front was gone, leaving the deperate boy beneath. He couldn't even look up, thats how bad things were. A.J. had a seriously bad feeling about it. Waht couldnahve driven him into this state?

His bad feelings were only confirmed when Jason opened his mouth and began to talk. He was clearly in a state, admiting that he was a jerk and needed help. Help was one thing A.J. had never though Jason would ask him for.

And he was begging. Whatever it was, it had reduced Jason to this state, so it must be serious. A.J. would have helped him regardless, but the fact that Jason was quite literally begging him, made the Irish boy even more determined to help out.

The first thing out of his mouth was the typical Irish reaction to every situation ever- invoking a divine figure and using their name completely in vain. "In ainm De ag rothaíocht go h-Aifreann! Cad a tharla?""[in the name of God cycling to mass on a bicycle! What happened?] He asked, instinctively switiching to Irish. (Irish was his first language he grew up in the Irish speaking part of Ireland, so he spoke English and Irish with equal fluency. But it was Irish that he lapsed into when he wass shocked.) The concern was completely evident in his voice.

Then realising where he was, he switched back to English. "What I meant to say was, you've got me. Direct me to whatever the problem is, and I will do all in my power to fix it." He was dead serious and determined to find whatever it was and fix it.

Lotheralaix Lotheralaix (Jason) _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ (Scott)

Last edited:
(I think it works)
Jason's entry into the room wouldn't have looked out of place in some movie about the zombie apocalypse. He certainly looked like he had been mauled by one. Both his hoodie sleeves had been ripped away. He alos sounded like he'd run a marathon to get there. What remianed of the hoodie was streaked with blood, Scott couldn't tell if it was his or somebody else's, and he didnt know which one was worse to be truly honest.

But it was the boy's face that was the most shocking. His hair was dishevelled, his eyes wide and filled with panic, worry and maybe a bit of fear? He looked in an awful state, a complete contrast to the cocky teen he had met yesterday. Clearly something had happened, and what ever it was had affected Jason so deeply he was like a completely different person.

Scott couldn't help but wonder what he was doing in their class. Surely he should be with a doctor or a psychiatrist, not running into their classroom looking like a zombie apocalypse extra. He was so messed up he couldn't even look at them, which was saying a lot.

The reason for Jason coming into that classroom in particular soon became instantly clear as soon as Jason started speaking- it was A.J. The Irish boy had said the other day that he was good at fixing things, maybe that applied to humans and not just inanimate objects seemed to be Jason's logic.

Scott didn't understand what A.J. blurted out the first time, Irish not being one of the languages he spoke. The language sounded both strangely harsh and completely natural coming from the red-head's mouth. "oh that is so awesome sounding, and kind of attractive." Canto said in Scott's mind. Scott ignored him, hating the fact that Canto had a point.

Jason's spiel was basically him begging for A.J. to help him. It was clear that he had to swallow a lot of pride to ask for help and that he wasn't at all comfortable with doing it, hell his face was bright red with shame or embarrassment or both. He was panicking, clearly, probabaly expecting A.J. to reject him.

But he didn't, instead agreeing and all but promising to solve whatever it was that had got him into this state. The concern in A.J.'s voice was overwhelming, clearly he was a caring guy. Scott also decide to help, not quite sure how he could be of use, but he had patched up quite a few wounds in his time. "I'll help too, I might be of use somehow"

Concord Concord (A.J.) Lotheralaix Lotheralaix (Jason)

-Outside the school entrance-
A car pulls up
Harry osborn steps out of the car along with ayna and flash thompson looking at the school
Anya look at harry and whisper to him:"so this is it? cant believe this is our first mission"
harry whisper to her as they walk through school yard towards the entrance to the school:"i hope we can do this correctly"
flash thompson ran ahead of them and was inside the hallway

View attachment 627881 Tyler gets his stuff and heads to math, but not before glancing back at the teachers cough. He was a little disappointed at the lack of cough from the students around him but he knew he would find a nice pair of cough soon enough, this was high school after all. Upon entering the next class he looked around for any particularly attractive girls with large cough.
Tony walks into the classroom and sits in teacher chair:"ok students today you need to find a partner to work on this assignment"
EldridSmith EldridSmith

Allayed that he wasn't rejected (Jason didn't even want to think about what he would do if that were the case) on the spot Jason was eager to step closer to properly shut out their classmates. He squat in front of A.J.'s desk and held out his left arm over the wooden top. If the near empty classroom was any indication on the amount of time they had, he would assume that he would have three or so minutes tops before students started to file in.

"Don't - don't freak out." Which really couldn't make the situation seem any less suspicious to begin with. Within that instant the previous emotions were capped like they never existed. Face devoid and flat.

And if the two were set off, it would be fair warning. Granted, taking the knife from his boot and a lighter from his pocket in the middle of class, on school grounds no less didn't help his case in the least bit. Flipping the top over he let the lighter burn to itself, setting it to the side to be used at a later time. Quickly the hoodie - rather what was left of it was drawn over his body to lay over to table. Having his chest bare was the least of their worries. Return ing his arm to its previous position, his hand that wasn't on the desk felt around where Dick had prodded at him earlier until he felt the slightest abnormality. If this wasn't the spot then they'd certainly find it too. Taking the knife down to his forearm with steady hands he pressed down into the skin a fair amount, not wanting to go any deeper than necessary. He dragged the blade down a few centimeters before setting it between his teeth. It was meant to make less of a mess even if it was redundant now that bright crimson started to stream down the side of his arm.

Deciding his smallest finger was best for the job he stuck his pinky into the now open wound, wiggling it around some before it sunk lower. Perhaps to the left - ah! Carefully - oh so carefully - the top of his finger guide the little device no bigger than a thumbnail out of his arm. He didn't spare the device a second glance as the lighter was taken again, brought to his lips to blow out the flame, then to immediately press into the wound to close over. To anyone else the makeshift cauterize would be repulsive (along with the self inflicted cut) but he didn't even flinch. Only now did his focus break when he caught sight of his treasure. The raven was biting at his lip (it had to be swollen from the repeated action over the course of the hour). Jason did not want to touch that thing. He was reeling at the very sight of it. Somehow knowing about it and seeing it were too very, very different things. When he reached he stopped just a hair away. It was just a chip! It wasn't poisonous, it wasn't going to explode, and it wasn't going to doom them to Armageddon.

His hand immediately withdrew.

"It looks smashed, doesn't it?" But what did he know about the chip - it's not like he'd seen the one come out of Dick's arm. He didn't know what it was supposed to look like.

He reached out again, hand and breath trembling as if he were reaching for fire. Holding it in the palm of his hand now he srated at the object as it were truly foreign. Simply shaking his palm to get it to move around felt like he was moving under a weight beyond his capacity.

"It's broken." He repeat, the uncertainty evident in his hushed tone. "It's - it's got to be broken."

Already his chest begun to heave in his panic. He had to repeat it yet again, wanting for his words to be true and not just comfort.

Jason held out his hand for the Irish boy to observe the bloodied little chip, willing his hand to stop its insistent shaking for just a moment.

"You can -," you can what, exactly? What was he even going to ask him? The raven hadn't thought that far. "You can tell me if it's working and fix it if it isn't, right?"

Jesus Christ, was he really whispering like they were hiding from a monster just beyond the corner?

"Tell me you can fix it." Even if he spoke in an unwavering deeper tone the terror was still lingering behind in blue eyes.

Because if it was broken, it meant Bruce couldn't have possibly helped him. Not as Robin. Not when he was captured. Not When he does. If it was broken, then he wouldn't have known about his rise from the pit (which surely would effect it, right?). Wouldn't know how He ran from weeks in a blind rage, utterly lost to not only the world around him but also to himself. He wouldn't know that Jason Todd was the Red Hood.

If it was broken, it wasn't a fate worse than death.

_gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ Scott
Concord Concord A.J.

1569019965562.png "Would you like to partner up?" He says with a smile to the girl next to him as he pulls out everything he'll need for the class before extending his hand out to shake. "I'm Tyler by the way."
LibbyM098 LibbyM098

Anya, harry and flash walk into admin office
Clint gives them their schedules and dorm keys.
Anya look at her schedule and then heads into elevator to her dorm room wondering what type of person her roommate is
Harry gets into elevator with anya
Elevator doors close
She text harry:'i hope we have roommates that wont keep an eye on us....or get into our personal space'
Harry text her back:'hopefully but it depends on who our roommate is'
Elevator opens on second floor

Flash thompson was still in the admin office asking clint questions
Clint tries his best to awnser
Anya and gwen number 28
damian and flash number 19
elliot and harry number 35

EldridSmith EldridSmith
After clint walked over to tyler class and knocked on the door
Clint open the door:"tyler can i speak to you for a moment?"

Clint close the door and look at tyler, handing him a dorm key:"here we finally figured out the roommate situation....but if you want to know who it is i can tell you"
"That would be most appreciated." Tyler replies. "What about my stuff in the room I was in this morning?" He inquires, as he had set up most of his stuff for the long haul.

"That would be most appreciated." Tyler replies. "What about my stuff in the room I was in this morning?" He inquires, as he had set up most of his stuff for the long haul.
Clint suggests:"i can have the two janitors help you out, your roommate name is lily murdock. She currently isnt here right now but two words of advice, dont touch anything thats hers and make sure she stays safe...."

Clint suggests:"i can have the two janitors help you out, your roommate name is lily murdock. She currently isnt here right now but two words of advice, dont touch anything thats hers and make sure she stays safe...."
"It's fine I can do it, thanks for the offer. May I head back into class now or do you have something else you need to speak to me about?"

"It's fine I can do it, thanks for the offer. May I head back into class now or do you have something else you need to speak to me about?"
Clint:"alright then you may...i need to figure out where lily could be"
In reality he knows he shouldnt worry but its been almost two hours

Clint:"alright then you may...i need to figure out where lily could be"
In reality he knows he shouldnt worry but its been almost two hours
"Thanks." Tyler says before going back into class. Hopefully the girl would partner up with him but he knew he would probably end up with whoever was left.

A.J. could watch as Jason cut himself open. At first he didn't know what the raven headed boy was doing. But when he stuck his finger into the wound, it became perfectly evident. There was a tracker in him!?! Why? Who put it there? Had he only found out now? Was the tracker the reason he was so upset? Or was there more to the story than met the eye? A.J. thought to himself.

The boy was recoiling from the tracker, as if it was an explosive device, which if it had been made by A.J. it would have been. Some kind of fail safe, designed to take out anyone who tried to interfere with the device. He wasn't even bothered by the blood or the self cauterising, this wasn't the self inflicted injury or self sterilising he had seen, and he doubted it would be the last.

Out of one of his many pockets, he pulled out a latex glove, the surgical kind, and pulled it over his left hand in one fluid movement. He took the chip, holding it up to the light and squinting at it. It appeared to be intact, but looks could be deceptive. His face was deep in thought.

A.J. always carried a large collection of seemingly random things with him. He was a big believer in the whole "scouts motto: be prepared" thing. From his bulging backpack which appeared to contain several parts of a car engine, a welding torch with gas, some wrenches and some leather ball to name a few things, he pulled out a pair off goggles with adjustable maginification lenses, like something a high class jeweller would have. He peered at the chip again, the magnification wasn't as fine as he would have liked, but it was better than bare eyes.

He looked at Jason, pushing the goggles up to keep his hair back. "The casing appears to be intact, except for a gash from your knife. There is however some engravings on it that I want to check out, and I need to hook it up to my laptop to check the code in order to see how long it has been active or innactive for. All my good kit is in our dorm, so is it ok if we relocate there?" At the word our, he gestured at himself and Scott.

Lotheralaix Lotheralaix (Jason) _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ (Scott)

Last edited:
Skyla-Joe looked up at the intruder of her thoughts.
She had just made a total idiot of herself to make people not think any more on Jason and Dick and then there he was... the other new student Tyler.
Her amber brown eyes looked up at him with a hint of shock settling in.
Did he really just want to start a conversation... with her???

She realized that it was now taking to long to answer.
DAMN IT!!! Say something!!! Anything!!!

Partner up???
She hadn't been paying attention to a thing ijn class and now they where partnering up??? What for?

"Yeah. If you want..."
She soon quickly recoiled back to hiding in her long, chestnut brown hair.
"Skyla-Joe."

And as soon as she replied Tyler was being taken out by Clint for some reason.

Should she escape and leave school for the day?
Oliver wouldn't find out... neither would her Dad.

EldridSmith EldridSmith /Tyler

Scott
Jason telling them not to freak out probabaly only made things worse for Scott. He wasn't sure what to expect when Jason took off the remains of his hoodie. But when the knife came and cut into the spot on his arm Scott knew exactly what was happening. He was cutting out a tracker chip.

And how did Scott know? Because he'd done the same thing to himself. Watching Jason cut himself open brought back memories. Their method was almost identical, he too had used a lighter to cauterise the wound. The differece was that Scott had used a self-made shank and not a proper knife.

He knew that Jason was in pain, but doing his best not to show it (probabaly trying to save some piece of face.) Scott could feel the ghost of his pain in the scar on his arm. He pushed up his sleeve and rubbed at the scar, as if hoping that somehow rubbing it would make both the pain and the scar go away. Jason would need stitches, but Scott was certain that he already knew that.

It was clear that the presence of the chip was one of the factors leading to Jason's current state of being. He was acting like the chip was a poisonous snake. It was clear to Scott, even though he didn't know the full story, that the chip and Jason's current terror-filled state were linked.

A.J's fascination with the chip was completely obvious. Scott had to laugh at the contents of A.J's bag. Was that a welding torch in there? It appeared so. Scott, even though he had only known A.J. for less than a day got the sense that this was totally behaviour for his roommate. No wonder his bag was bulging at the sides.

Relocating to the dorm sounded like a good idea. "That works for me, and besides Jason's arm needs both stitches, proper cauterising, and a check for a redundancy chip too."

Concord Concord (A.J.) Lotheralaix Lotheralaix (Jason)

Elliott Quinn
Elliott slumped in his seat in the back of the maths class. He was tired, portalling from London to Xavier school had completely messed with his system. Magical long distance teleportation always took a lot out of him, even when he wasn't the one making the portal. Even John wasn't stupid enough to portal back to London today. His pseudo-father was staying with some old friends, and that couldn't end well for anybody.

He crossed his arms on the table and propped his head on top, his long hair falling over the scar on his left eye. He was aware of his teacher being Tony Stark, yet another person who John could piss off just by existing.

The only other person in his class that he recognise was the girl who had yelled at him back in English. Luckily she was busy talking to the Chinese boy, he really didn't feel like a confrontation right now. He just wanted to sleep, but he knew he would only sleep for a few hours thanks to his Terrigen Mist gifts before waking again. So he'd just have to try and stay awake until later.

LibbyM098 LibbyM098 (Skyla-Joe) EldridSmith EldridSmith (Tyler)

1569089847260.pngTyler had heard what she said as he was exiting and he was glad she hadn't partnered up with someone else in the meantime.
"I'm sorry about leaving you hanging like that, there was a mishaps with the dorm placement and... forgive me for rambling."
I'm lucky such a hot person was willing to wait for me.
LibbyM098 LibbyM098

Users who are viewing this thread

Back