Main Roleplay

Nick raised an eyebrow over L's question "A book that kills, by writing someone name in it?" Nick repeated slowly as if he was attempting to confirm, if he heard correctly. Now, he was unsure if L was being serious, But the look that the Young Detective was giving him, Was all the conformation he needed. L was being deathly serious. Honestly, having traveled with the sole survivor (as people were fond to refer Nate as) has led to Nick becoming a bit more open minded to accepting the supernatural and. With thing like meeting the Cabot Family, seeing the Mysterious Stranger and Those Visions in the Dunwich Construction site.

Nick let out a sigh, and stood off the bench, he turned towards L."Can't say I have, But with the things i have seen. a killer book, doesn't seem as strange anymore. But being in an Alternate Universe still seems like a pretty hard pill to swallow." But the dots do connect, so i can't really argue." Nick admitted before switching his Attention to the newest member of this motley crew.

"Hello, there" he said with a gentle smile, he walks over to the young girl, to properly introduce himself, He knelled to be at eye-level with the girl "Well, i Never expected to see someone, so young among us. But this place is full of surprises." He said with light chuckle, He extended his hands for her to shake "I am Detective Nick Valentine" 

@The Omen of Death @Vagabond Spectre

Max looked at L. "From the expression on your face and the fact that you have been looking back and forth between the guard and your fingers, I'm assuming you are worried about, or at least thinking about when we should subdue the guard. By the way, my name is Max." He kept his robes together in such a way so that there was no skin revealed whatsoever, or in this case, fur. He couldn't let people know what he was. It's against the G.P.P. code. He turned to look at the young girl. Especially if a child found out.

Dipper answered Meena's question but the answer was quite obvious.

"It must have something to do with intelligence. We are all smart. It makes sense if they're after our brain power or something," He paused for a second, "But what would I know? I'm not the detective. I'm just a supernatural hunting teen who's good at math." He stood and began to pace again. He paced when he was thinking or when he was nervous and he was definitely both of those things. They honestly couldn't say for absolute certainty why they were here. They hadn't enough evidence to say why. All Dipper knew was that he could possibly die in this place and his family wouldn't know he was dead.

Catherine sighed in response to Meena and L's question "The only way we can know anything for certain is if we get out there and find it out ourselves. Sitting here and asking ourselves why we're here isn't going to answer that question alone." She told the two of them "The best we can do is guess, and while I do have a couple of ideas, none of them really explain why or even how these people managed to steal away people from across worlds."

@The Omen of Death @Judeauofaltrades

Catherine glanced over at the little girl who'd presented herself, raising an eyebrow. A little kid was here. She was not expecting a little kid to be in here. Now, in addition to being confused about the presence of the girl, Catherine also began to get a little pissed off. Capturing and locking away a group of adults is one thing, but these people... No, things, actually saw fit to knock out and steal a small child? These things, whatever they were, were low, that was for sure. Part of her wanted to make them pay for this, but she knew attempting such a thing would be suicide.

@Vagabond Spectre

~Maxwell~

"Well, I guess that we should probably introduce ourselves if we haven't done so already, and as I cannot legally give any more information about myself, I guess it's your turn." He proceeded to look at Meena. He also noticed, however, Ari scowling in the background. "Look, Ari, I know as well as you know that you don't like me, but it's not my fault that we are stuck in this concrete enclosure." He turns to look at the rest of the people. "How many stupid things did she do so far?"

~Ari~

"Hey! Why are you assuming that I've done something stupid?! And how do we know it's not your fault?! Hmm?!" To the rest of the group, the way she was speaking to Max seemed incredibly rude, indecent, and, to be honest, she sounded like a straight up asshole. This was, however, how she always treated Max.

"That would depend on how many stupid things reaching out to find an unseen button with an active guard present right in front of her while we were discussing waiting for him to leave first and making everything more difficult for us in general counts as." Catherine replied to Maxwell "And the fact that you know her well enough to assume she's done something tells me that we're not actually here for our intelligence, as others have and keep suggesting."

@MaxwellCharlie

~Maxwell~

"It's not that she's stupid, it's that she has poor judgment." Max said. "But seriously? Ari? Wow. That's low even for you. Trust me, she wouldn't be alive today if she etdidn't know me. That's why she hates  me, as she doesn't agree. However, I could say the same thing vise versa, as she 'technically' has rescued me twice." He then leans in and whispers "But I've saved her 13 times." He steps back. "And if it's because of intelligence, then I would believe it."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well my guess is that maybe we are being tested." Meena crossed her arms "But that only explains WHY we are here, not HOW we got here. That part is still a mystery. If I had my cards, or my poison needles, I could just kill the guards and then we could escape." She muttered the last part to herself 

~Max~

Max, having cat-like senses on a literal level, heard what she muttered. "Poison needles? Cards? Who are you, and where are you from exactly? You have caught my attention." He was quite interested in this new development.

Max, having cat-like senses on a literal level, heard what she muttered. "Poison needles? Cards? Who are you, and where are you from exactly? You have caught my attention." He was quite interested in this new development.

"My name is Meena and I don't truly have a home anymore, me and my sister are travelers, she's a dancer and I'm a fortune teller." Meena explains 

~Max~

"Dancer? Fortune teller? I'm not quite sure what you mean... hmm..." he paused. She most definitely seems as if she's not from my home universe. "Well, as I have already stated, I am Max, and I guess that I can legally say that I have degrees in basically any science you can think of." He would have said over 200, but that may have created some suspicion. "So what do you mean by a 'Dancer' or 'Fortune Teller?" He asked.

"If you say so..." Catherine replied to Max, not believing a word of it. She'd be the judge of that for herself, she's not going to take the word of some random guy she just met in favor of what she's seen with her own eyes.

She did note mentally that Max kept using the term 'Legal'. That would mean he's either a lawyer or law enforcement of some kind, like that Nick guy who introduced himself earlier. She'd have to be extra careful about what information she revealed to them - These were people of the law, and if they found out what it is she does on a daily basis they would no doubt tear her to shreds.

@MaxwellCharlie

While they were talking, Catherine turned her attention to the gate, to see if she could tell if anything had changed yet. If that guard had indeed called for help, the reinforcements would likely be arriving any moment now.

@The Omen of Death

"My sister travels around and preforms for money and I can tell people the future, if I had my Crystal ball or my silver tarot cards, I can do palm readings too, but those aren't my strong point." Meena seemed a bit surprised that Max didn't know what a dancer was but she explained anyway

As Catherine peered out the to the gate, currently the back of the guard was turned, although a couple seconds later it turned around and glanced in still a bit suspicious of the group. And then it turned its back again, and if one were observant and committed enough, they could take a mental note that the guard looked away for 15 seconds before looking back, which would mean if the group was coordinated, and moved quickly enough they could open up the gate and probably subdue the guard figure. If one also noticed, it was looking in both directions as well, which meant that it was possible that there were two doors on either side of the hallway. And could also show that it was expecting more men to arrive, although it is unknown when that would happen. L did happen to be glancing outside taking mental notes of this as well, so that he could plan this out properly.

@LegoLad659

"The future can't be read." Catherine commented on Meena's story "Nobody has, can, or will ever know what the future is because it hasn't happened yet. Fortune telling is just a clever way for people to scam people out of their money." She said. She had to admit, she was a little impressed by the ploy, but that didn't mean she had to be happy about it.

@Judeauofaltrades

As she watched the gate, she noticed the timed intervals the guard was making. Interesting... Maybe she could use this to her advantage. She looked at Ari and whispered to her "You said you're an assassin, right? How quickly can you dispatch someone without any weapons? I may have an idea."

@MaxwellCharlie

"Well back in my world, it's actually quite easy, I managed to find the hero who was meant to save my world in only a matter of days." Meena crossed her arms as she remembered how she met Solo and Sophia

@LegoLad659

Dipper paced faster when the people's voices became louder around him. He also took of his hat and was now scratching his head. He couldn't think straight with all this noise.

He stopped pacing and yelled, "Can you all just shut up?!" He panted from anger, "God! It's like you've never met a person before. I'm sure that L will agree with me that people prefer to think in silence as it helps with concentration and I clearly can't right now. I am struggling to figure out what kind of being is behind all this because why else would they take me out of the billions of people from the billions of universes." He sighed and leaned against the wall before putting his hat back on. He looked at his tattoo and mumbled to himself, "This better not be you." He squirmed and pulled his sleeve down more.

Ib felt a little nervous when she noticed that she was suddenly the center of attention. These individuals seems to be non hostile towards Ib. In fact they showed kindness and respect to her. The large man she saw from earlier knelled down to her eye level, politely introducing himself. Ib took upon a closer look on the mysterious man's appearance. His face was unnaturally human. His glowing under his hat. His hands almost synthetic, Although this didn't bother Ib since she's used on seeing unnatural things like these. This strange man gladly introduced  himself as Detective Nick Valentine. Ib took a deep breath and tried to prepare her usual introduction. Some where also introducing themselves but she didn't seem to gave any attention their names, since her attention is all focused on this individual named Detective Nick Valentine. Ib decided to announce her identity to everyone with a firm standing position "Hello everyone. My name is Ib, i'm 9 years old. I'm trying to find my mommy and daddy. Can anyone tell me where i am?" Ib announced politely. She didn't mind the people chattering around the cell.

Ib took a quick glance around her dim environment before examining the man in front of her once more. After another short examination from head to toe. Ib's interests were all dragged to Nick's unnatural face. "What happened to your face Detective Nick?" Ib gave a small frown towards the detective. She felt sorry for Nick's appearance. She tried to reach for her handkerchief to attempt to help with Nick's face and She realized that she doesn't have it. She remembered earlier that her equipment was missing. 

A few moments after realizing. Ib's eyes quickly widened as she realized her most important item is missing her red velvet rose. "Oh no. my-" Ib was going to continue her statement until she was cut off by a man who appears to be shouting to everyone in order for them to get quiet. Ib did not understand what the man was yelling about, but she stayed silent automatically. The man's sudden loud voice stroke made Ib's heart skip a beat.  

@billthesomething @Judeauofaltrades @MuffinRPs @The Omen of Death @LegoLad659 @MaxwellCharlie

"The future can't be read." Catherine commented on Meena's story "Nobody has, can, or will ever know what the future is because it hasn't happened yet. Fortune telling is just a clever way for people to scam people out of their money." She said. She had to admit, she was a little impressed by the ploy, but that didn't mean she had to be happy about it.

@Judeauofaltrades

As she watched the gate, she noticed the timed intervals the guard was making. Interesting... Maybe she could use this to her advantage. She looked at Ari and whispered to her "You said you're an assassin, right? How quickly can you dispatch someone without any weapons? I may have an idea."

@MaxwellCharlie

~Ari~

"Well, as long as I am able to get up behind him, I could take him out in a matter of seconds!" She suddenly seemed much more cheerful, now that she could possibly be able to beat someone up!

~Max~

"I'm sorry to tell you, but the future technically can be read, however, it will always have some level of uncertainty, as there are many possible futures. Due to the accommodation that scientists realized physics had to make for string theory, th-"

~Ari~

"Max, your nerd-talking again."

~Max~

"My appologies."

Ib felt a little nervous when she noticed that she was suddenly the center of attention. These individuals seems to be non hostile towards Ib. In fact they showed kindness and respect to her. The large man she saw from earlier knelled down to her eye level, politely introducing himself. Ib took upon a closer look on the mysterious man's appearance. His face was unnaturally human. His glowing under his hat. His hands almost synthetic, Although this didn't bother Ib since she's used on seeing unnatural things like these. This strange man gladly introduced  himself as Detective Nick Valentine. Ib took a deep breath and tried to prepare her usual introduction. Some where also introducing themselves but she didn't seem to gave any attention their names, since her attention is all focused on this individual named Detective Nick Valentine. Ib decided to announce her identity to everyone with a firm standing position "Hello everyone. My name is Ib, i'm 9 years old. I'm trying to find my mommy and daddy. Can anyone tell me where i am?" Ib announced politely. She didn't mind the people chattering around the cell.

Ib took a quick glance around her dim environment before examining the man in front of her once more. After another short examination from head to toe. Ib's interests were all dragged to Nick's unnatural face. "What happened to your face Detective Nick?" Ib gave a small frown towards the detective. She felt sorry for Nick's appearance. She tried to reach for her handkerchief to attempt to help with Nick's face and She realized that she doesn't have it. She remembered earlier that her equipment was missing. 

A few moments after realizing. Ib's eyes quickly widened as she realized her most important item is missing her red velvet rose. "Oh no. my-" Ib was going to continue her statement until she was cut off by a man who appears to be shouting to everyone in order for them to get quiet. Ib did not understand what the man was yelling about, but she stayed silent automatically. The man's sudden loud voice stroke made Ib's heart skip a beat.  

@billthesomething @Judeauofaltrades @MuffinRPs @The Omen of Death @LegoLad659 @MaxwellCharlie

~Max~

He bent down next to Ib and said to her, "What's wrong? Is something missing? The people who took us here took all of our things. But don't worry." He than sang a short tune in a language that nobody in the room has ever heard before. Unbeknownst to the rest of the crew, that was a song of calming from his home planet. It's not scientifically proven to work, but it seems as if it does.

~Max~

"Oh yes, there IS one more thing I can tell you. I am a sort of enforcement, but not necessarily of law, as my business sometimes requires me to do things considered 'against the law'. Really, it's peace enforcement."

(Sorry for so many posts in rapid succession! >_<)

Nick stayed crouched as to maintain eye level with the young girl, He gave her a small smile, he was amused with how blunt she was, straight to the question. She reminded him, of his first meeting with Nate. Which brought out a light chuckle from the old detective, which was followed with him answering her question, "It's nothing. I am simply getting old and worn, You see, i am a synth or a robot if you will. Though i prefer the former."

He noticed her reaching for something but stopping. He was going to comment on it when Dipper made the decision to start yelling. He rose back up, and faced the disgruntled teenager, Nick made sure to keep his voice calm while speaking "Now, I understand you're frustrated and I trust me, i am too, but adding to the noise will not help us, getting anywhere. In fact, I am certain due to you're yelling. you have just grabbed the attention of the guard, and with already one failed escape attempt under our belt, don't think we need to be giving them anymore reason to che..."

Nick stopped his scolding for a second and walked over to L. "Listen, I have a plan. If we can cause enough ruckus, perhaps make it look like were fighting, surly the guard will have to enter to, and check out what all the commotion, is about? and while he's distracted, we can perhaps overwhelm him and escape"

@The Omen of Death @MuffinRPs @LegoLad659 @MaxwellCharlie @Judeauofaltrades

~Max~

Max turned to  look at Nick. "Hold on a second. Your a synth?" He didn't previously realize that his face was such a dead giveaway of what he was. "My apologies, as I mean not to sound rude, but I am fascinated with your type of being." He then leaned in to whisper, "I myself am actually 52% cybernetic, however, the people who brought me here removed my mechanical eye, leg, and arm. The remaining 36% of my cybernetic parts are internal." He stepped back. However, for a split second, Nick was positioned so that he could just barely see black fur from underneath Max's hood.

Catherine nodded in response to Ari "Alright. I'll get back to you after I run my idea past the others." She told her.

@MaxwellCharlie

Catherine shook her head sadly as the child introduced herself and explained that she was looking for her parents. This was certainly a dark day. She wished she could do something to help Ib, but well... She wasn't good at that stuff. Children weren't really her strong suit.

@Vagabond Spectre

"Look, you can argue all you want, but I still stand firmly in my belief." She told Max and Meena, annoyed "I've seen people go to fortune tellers before. They believed everything they said about the future, and guess what happened to them? They're all dead. Every single one of them. Did the fortune teller warn them of this? Of course not, because they're damn liars and cheats. And cowards if you ask me, I prefer the more direct method of taking things - It's far more rewarding to-" She went on, before she stopped abruptly, covering her mouth and looking at the detectives warily.

@MaxwellCharlie @billthesomething @The Omen of Death 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back