Main Roleplay

After Meena recovered she looked at L "I'm sorry." She sighed before standing up "We should probably see if there's a different way out." She then begins to examine the room, hoping to find something of use "If I had my cards, things would be so much easier..." she muttered "But things aren't meant to be easy." she reminded herself "Avenging father wasn't easy, you almost died, this will most likely be worse. Even worse than Alena's punches." She examined every crack in the wall and even put her ear up to the wall a few times as if she was looking for a weak point "These walls probably don't have any weak spots, but it doesn't hurt to check." she said as she tapped the wall and hoped to hear an echo.

Dipper sat down next to L. He appeared to be the one who'd end up in charge out of everyone in this cell. He had a lot of thoughts and L also seemed like the perfect person to share them with. 

"I'm talking to you because you seem to know what you're doing from an intellectual perspective," he began. "The more they try and look for a way to escape the more likely they'll end up doing something a lot worse than keeping us locked up against our will. I say, we sit and wait. We don't know what they want us for. It's a lot safer. In the mean time, we can start to learn about each other; y'know, strengths and weaknesses. Like me, for example; my name's Dipper Pines. I'm 18. I am a math whizz. I have a keen eye for observation and I am a master when it comes to the supernatural."

"You two are insufferable idiots..." Catherine commented, glaring at Ari and Meena, arms folded. She would've seen them trying that and stopped them before it got this far, if she hadn't been talking to L. She sighed. This wasn't going to be easy, and if this was any sign, her companions would just make things harder for her. We might not make it out of here alive thanks to them.

Ari looked at Meena. "Well, I appreciate that you tried helping me! Are you alright, by the way?" She realized that this is why Max was a necessary friend. He's logical, while she was more... how did he put it? Ah yes, driven by her paycheck! This was true, sadly. 

@Judeauofaltrades

Last edited by a moderator:
Nick could only shake his head as he watched the supposed fortune teller, getting electrocuted by the guard. He would have dragged her away from the door, if he had noticed her sooner, but it was the guard who was the first to notice the doomed to fail escape attempt. But he didn't, But her electrocution wasn't all for naught, as this let him hear the guard speak for the first time, and while the voice was heavily distorted, Nick could hear a few words.

but they were considerably alien to him, they didn't resemble any language, He knew of. But he could make an educated guess that the guard was likely calling to add more guards to watch their cells now. He let out a sigh before heading towards a bench were Dipper and L were currently seated, and sat himself besides the two young men. "Heard the guard speak. But it didn't resemble any language, i knew of"

@MuffinRPs @The Omen of Death

Ari looked at Meena. "Well, I appreciate that you tried helping me! Are you alright, by the way?" She realized that this is why Max was a necessary friend. He's logical, while she was more... how did he put it? Ah yes, driven by her paycheck! This was true, sadly. 

@Judeauofaltrades

"Well to be honest, it just startled me a bit." She shrugs "I've actually dealt with worse from the monsters of my home... Psaro was the worst of them."  Meena sighed "If only I had my cards, or my poison needles..."

Catherine agreed - It didn't sound like any language she'd ever heard before... And she knew ancient Selkic, though then again so did most people in Leuda. It was a kind of tradition among Selkies to learn their old language when they're young. It's just that nobody ever bothered to use it.

Then Meena spoke, and Catherine became curious about something "These cards you keep mentioning... What are they, exactly?" She asked her. She couldn't possibly mean playing cards... Or worse, tarot cards. Could she?

@Judeauofaltrades

"My silver tarot cards, they were a gift from my dead father." Meena had sat down on the floor and rested her head on her hands. "If I use them during a fight, I have the chance to use certain spells." She explains. "I still can't figure out how my father had gotten his hands on those cards. But they are useful, so I can't complain."

Catherine agreed - It didn't sound like any language she'd ever heard before... And she knew ancient Selkic, though then again so did most people in Leuda. It was a kind of tradition among Selkies to learn their old language when they're young. It's just that nobody ever bothered to use it.

Then Meena spoke, and Catherine became curious about something "These cards you keep mentioning... What are they, exactly?" She asked her. She couldn't possibly mean playing cards... Or worse, tarot cards. Could she?

@Judeauofaltrades

Catherine never took much stock in tarot cards. Apparently they could predict the future if read correctly, but shuffling a bunch of cards and drawing them just seemed too random to her for her liking. Who could possibly predict the future with a method like that? That's why she looked annoyed when Meena did, in fact, confirm that she was talking about tarot.

At least, until she explained their actual purpose. Then Catherine's face shifted from one of annoyance to semi-understanding, and she nodded "Hmm, I see... So they're a replacement for Magicite, then." She figured "I suppose that makes sense."

@Judeauofaltrades

~Maxwell~

He was dreaming. He was at home, not on earth, but back at Primum Industria. Everything was foggy and wispy. He could see the capital city of Western Primum Industria. It was in ruin. Outside the city was a battlefield. Not this dream again! A figure stood in the middle of the wreckage of the battlefield. He was holding a gun, and it was aimed directly at Max. 

There was movement from underneath the bench that L sat at. It was still very dark under there. Max's eyes flickered open and could immediately tell something was wrong. Horribly wrong. However, he didn't move at first. He could hear voices. One was coming from directly above him, another from the front of the room. There were many others, but there was one voice he recognized. Ari?! What the...? He was about to crawl out when he heard a zapping sound, and somone hitting the floor. But then he heard something that royally spooked him. A disturbed, warped, almost artificial sounding voice, speaking in some strange language. He decided that it would be wise to hide behind his cloak when he came out, as he didn't want people freaking out over an extraterrestrial life form crawling out from under a dark bench. That's when he realized: Wait, if it's so dark, why isn't my mechanical eye changing to night vision?! The answer was quite simple. It wasn't there. He realized the same for his mechanical leg and arm, only his leg was replaced with a peg leg. He began to crawl out, the hood of his cloak covering his face, and the sleeves covering his arms. The cloak was just long enough to cover his legs and feet as well.

Catherine never took much stock in tarot cards. Apparently they could predict the future if read correctly, but shuffling a bunch of cards and drawing them just seemed too random to her for her liking. Who could possibly predict the future with a method like that? That's why she looked annoyed when Meena did, in fact, confirm that she was talking about tarot.

At least, until she explained their actual purpose. Then Catherine's face shifted from one of annoyance to semi-understanding, and she nodded "Hmm, I see... So they're a replacement for Magicite, then." She figured "I suppose that makes sense."

@Judeauofaltrades

"I guess you could say that, but the outcome is random and unreliable." Meena shrugged.

"The cards even have a chance of casting an instant death spell on you if you aren't careful. Although Kiryl is far more unreliable. But his unreliablity comes from his incompetence rather than randomness, so during battle, I always ended up taking his place." 

~Ari~

Ari stood there, thinking. So we have to flip that switch... that's how we are going to get out of here... She was relieved.. slightly. She did, however, find a slight flaw in the plan. "Wait... if we get out, what the fuck are we going to do about the guards? There must be more than one..." She found that obvious, now that some sense has been knocked into her, and without the Daedalus Stormknife, she would have nothing but her hands to defend herself. "If you need, I can try and draw them away, while the rest of you escape." She could handle it. She DID after all assasinate 79 people with her bare hands... She did NOT, however, notice the person pulling himself out from under the bench. 

"That sounds like something one would only use in an emergency." Catherine commented, straight back to being skeptical about the cards "Why don't you just use Magicite?"

Then Ari suggested something be done about the guards in the area. Catherine shook her head in response "They're only a problem because you alerted them to the fact that we're trying to escape. If that hadn't happened, stealth would be a much more viable option. Also, if you hadn't noticed, all of our stuff is gone, so good luck fending off however many guards there could possibly be in this place. There could be ten, there could be hundreds, or there could be thousands for all we know. Could you take on 10,000 guards? In other words - Shut up and keep your dumb ideas to yourself, you've already caused enough damage with them." She snapped at her, perhaps a bit harshly. After her glorious display not even a minute ago, Catherine didn't want to trust Ari with anything at the moment.

@Judeauofaltrades @MaxwellCharlie

L pondered what should be done next looking as if he were prepared to start biting his nail, although this alerted the guard of the possibility of them escaping, if they didn't move quickly there was the possibility that more guards could arrive and make escape more difficult, moving quickly may get them out, without as much resistance. But this would involve engaging the guard, having someone block the view while another pressed the button, and then as the gates opened give the possibility to subdue and eliminate the guard.

Though this would risk the others, which L had no problem with. Sometimes speed would be what is needed, That's when he noticed Dipper come up next to him, and greeted him back stating.

"It is nice to meet you Dipper for now just call me L, anyway based on the nature of us being brought here, without warning and with the process of being drugged, I'd say whoever captured us had it with the purpose of not being upfront about it, it's probably would not be a good idea sitting here. Anyway that is interesting to hear about, let me ask you something, because if you are right about having knowledge in the supernatural, do you know about anything about a seemingly impossible method of killing where you only need someones name and face to kill someone?" He asked wanting to be enlightened on this matter.

Now listening to Catherine and Nick he took this into account and stated after thinking some of it through. "Listen, now with the situation we are in, if we sit around indecisively, we may just end up having making it out a harder task, especially if what I can only guess that guard said was bringing others over here. So now it may actually be best to make a move while we are only dealing with one guard... If there is something we could use to distract the guard, maybe throw an object or some other form of distraction we could use the time to press the button, since they both know where it is, move out while the bars move up, and quickly subdue the guard. Although it is risky, it will probably work out in the long run. Although there is a 56% chance that we could intercept any reinforcements that may arrive from the call, if that was the reason it spoke. At the moment it may not be as stupid as we think, unless someone can come up with something different, overall not jumping the trigger originally would've been our better although..."

He stated sure that it could work, assessing who he had with him, it looked like it might possibly work out. Now looking at Nick he said, "Yes, it seems as if the language was more scrambled then natural, so there is probably a 9% chance we could find out how to decode it or try to turn those off. Unfortunately we can only make assessments as to what they most likely would be saying, but that's where most of our strength lie in, and I can only hope that we can make this work."

L's interest was piqued at Catherine's mentioning of this 'magicite' which he had never heard of which he now wanted to learn about. "What is this magicite you are talking about? I wish to know what it is."

Catherine blinked and turned to L, a dumbfounded look on her face. Did he seriously not know what Magicite was? "Magicite... You know, sparkling gems? Different colors? Let you cast spells?" She replied, having never heard of anyone who doesn't know what it is "They've existed everywhere since the dawn of time... Are you from another world or something?" She asked. Then stopped. And thought.

"...Y'know... That actually might be a viable possibility, actually..." She admitted.

@The Omen of Death

~Maxwell~

He was surprised that nobody realized that he even crawled out from under the bench. He swiftly and silently swept himself into a dark corner. After observing the situation for a moment, he was able to learn a name, being L. He seemed to stand as a leader figure. Max decided that it was about time to announce his presence. "Ahem" His voice wasn't very deep, but not high either.

Dipper thought about what L asked him. He'd have to dig deep in his memory as he didn't have his books. "Just let me think," he said to the detective. It wasn't as if he'd be able to magically say what it was he was after and exactly how to defeat it. He didn't think he'd known about someone who could kill by using a name and a face.

He sighed and looked at L, "Sorry L," he said. "I don't think I've ever heard of a being like that and if I have I don't have it stored in my long term memory. If I had my journals we'd have a lot more luck in finding your killer." He hated not being able to help someone, especially when it came to the supernatural.

"That sounds like something one would only use in an emergency." Catherine commented, straight back to being skeptical about the cards "Why don't you just use Magicite?"

Then Ari suggested something be done about the guards in the area. Catherine shook her head in response "They're only a problem because you alerted them to the fact that we're trying to escape. If that hadn't happened, stealth would be a much more viable option. Also, if you hadn't noticed, all of our stuff is gone, so good luck fending off however many guards there could possibly be in this place. There could be ten, there could be hundreds, or there could be thousands for all we know. Could you take on 10,000 guards? In other words - Shut up and keep your dumb ideas to yourself, you've already caused enough damage with them." She snapped at her, perhaps a bit harshly. After her glorious display not even a minute ago, Catherine didn't want to trust Ari with anything at the moment.

@Judeauofaltrades @MaxwellCharlie

"Magicite doesn't exist in my world." Meena begins. "Most monsters and some humans including Kiryl, my sister, and Borya learn magic naturally, everyone else uses items to cast spells, including myself. I use my cards and different wands, Solo uses healing herbs and other such items, and Sophia has been learning how to create her own magic by finding old spell books. Alena, Torneko and Ragnar physically cannot use magic nor magical items." Meena explains "Although Alena doesn't need magic, she's physically strong and lands critical hits easily. But we always need to keep her at the back of the lineup due to her lack of defense."

"I see..." Catherine replied, folding her arms as she thought about this. So they were from other worlds, then. Magic in Meena's world seemed much more complicated than where the Blue Fox came from. And Magicite didn't exist at all... But then, how did she know it existed in the first place? In fact, she seemed rather nonplussed by this whole thing in general.

"You seem to know a lot more about us than one might expect." Catherine pointed out to her "If we really are from different worlds, then how did you get your information?"

@Judeauofaltrades

"I see..." Catherine replied, folding her arms as she thought about this. So they were from other worlds, then. Magic in Meena's world seemed much more complicated than where the Blue Fox came from. And Magicite didn't exist at all... But then, how did she know it existed in the first place? In fact, she seemed rather nonplussed by this whole thing in general.

"You seem to know a lot more about us than one might expect." Catherine pointed out to her "If we really are from different worlds, then how did you get your information?"

@Judeauofaltrades

"My father was an Alchemist. He had many apprentices and I learned a lot from them. Sadly my father was killed a year ago." Meena explained "I don't know how the apprentices knew about the multiverse though."

~Maxwell~

Multiverse? Am I in an alternate universe again?! This wasn't his first time in an alternate universe. Last time however... he came back missing an arm. 

In the dark corners of the cell. A small female figure was leaning against the corner, on a sitting position. It was Ib sleeping. Ib slightly opened her unnatural red eyes into the darkness, due to the various voices she's hearing. Ib can't seem to get a good vision on her surroundings since she just woke up. After a few seconds her senses finally came to her. She realized that her handkerchief, pallet knife and her red rose was now gone from her hands. A drop of sweat came down on Ib's forehead as she soon realizes it. Yet she did not panic. She's aware that she is not yet free from the fabricated world, or that's what she thinks it is.  

She eventually stood up and brushed her pleaded skirt hoping to know where on earth she is. She simply has no idea on what in the world is happening. She scrolled her eyes to the new environment. she found other individuals. all seem to have unique appearances. One who seems to be squatting next to a good looking man, Ladies who are strangely dressed. seems inspired straight out of a fairytale or a costume play. A large man who wears a trench coat. She assumed that this man is not Garry since Garry does not wear a hat. A small lady that's about a few inches taller than her. she can outgrow the lady if she drinks a few more milk at home. She knew that this lady was an adult due to her clothing attire. She noticed Garry is nowhere in sight. Without a presence of an adult. Ib is quite helpless. But it seems like there is enough adults in the room she is in. Not aware that she is imprisoned. She thought that this was all part of the art gallery.

Since Ib is naive. She slowly stepped out of the darkness and revealed her appearance towards the light, her silky long black hair and unnatural red eyes reflected the light. She obviously doesn't know the meaning of stranger danger. Ib held her hands behind her back and spoke "Hello." She said in a polite manner and sweet childish tone. She always remembered her mother's teachings about being polite towards others. Ib tilted her head to her left as she kept thinking on what was the las thing she remembered. And remembered nothing. @LegoLad659 @MaxwellCharlie @Judeauofaltrades @MuffinRPs @The Omen of Death @billthesomething

L glanced at Catherine with even more interest on his otherwise extremely tired looking face, at first had the situation not be as crazy as it was, he may have considered this the ramblings of a madman, although seeing as there were androids, crystal ball seers, and now her who looked different. That actually may possibly be right, although what stumped L once more, was the fact of why people would be taken from other universes, worlds, or dimensions... "That, actually might prove true. At this rate it may actually make sense that that is true, but the question is why we would've been taken here against our will from wherever we come from.."

Hearing Dipper unfortunately have no idea of the issue, made L frown slightly. He had a hunch he would know, especially since involved something supernatural. "Ah, well that's a shame, this case specifically the Kira case has been an extremely intriguing case, I have already deduced where Kira is located, as well as the fact that it must be a student. But I digress, we currently are someplace that could possibly be located in another universe and I cannot make anymore progress at this rate. So we will need to get out of here if I am to put an end to Kira's killing spree."

Listening to Catherine without having heard what the previous conversation was he stated pointing a finger up, to show he had a point to make. "You know it's actually quite easy, at this rate since you mentioned something that none of us knew about, and with everyone looking so different it's easy to deduce it is most likely that fact as well."

That's when he realized something was underneath him, and made itself known. He noticed the voice had a feline quality to it, which once more interested him. "Why, hello there, I wonder why the decided to put you underneath the bench."

And then L heard a and saw the small girls body, which surprised him slightly. "Hello there, I suppose you just woke up too... Now I am intrigued as to why a small little girl would have been abducted with us... She must have proved herself somehow, though this does mean that time is much more of the essence." L said bringing up his fingers to rudely begin biting them, he looked outside the cell to see that there was still only the one guard there, once more it still showed an opportunity to get out if they moved quickly and subdued the guard quickly.

"Once we all get out of this place, I'll have to tell Oojam that he was right about the existence of the multiverse." Meena said as she stared at the ceiling. "I wonder how he's doing..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back