• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ~Magicborne OOC and Bants~

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Hate to bug you again but I was thinking. Lukas and Larissa's mom is kinda a charity person. She serves Bordissa's poor with extra food and stuff from her shop. So perhaps Thalia and her brother could've stopped by if there so poor and got a free meal.

This would kinda reinforce Thalia and Lukas's relationship. Kinda adding to why Thalia would help him. Just an idea but I thought I'd run it by you to see what you thought.
I like it.

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Hate to bug you again but I was thinking. Lukas and Larissa's mom is kinda a charity person. She serves Bordissa's poor with extra food and stuff from her shop. So perhaps Thalia and her brother could've stopped by if there so poor and got a free meal.

This would kinda reinforce Thalia and Lukas's relationship. Kinda adding to why Thalia would help him. Just an idea but I thought I'd run it by you to see what you thought.

I like it.
How do you guys feel about Augustine trying to intervene on this little exchange (being the annoying Protector in training and all)? Perhaps things could get a little aggressive, but probably not to the point of a fight breaking out

Last edited:
How do you guys feel about Augustine trying to intervene on this little exchange (being the annoying Protector in training and all)? Perhaps things could get a little aggressive, but probably not to the point of a fight breaking out

I'm currently in the middle of writing my post
Thalia has a plan. We can see how this plays out ;)

Yo, this is just a question about the RP style for anyone really. I am used to a back and forth of sorts in terms of converstaion while RPing, likely based on having most of my experience in tabletop gaming. Based on the post Semblance Semblance made after mine it seems to be more of a flowing thing, implying interactions and full conversations rather than having them. How should conversation and interaction prompts towards other characters be treated when I post? Should I acknowlege their exact wording? Should I move on after asking them a question and have them catch up to the current moment while I interact in other ways? Just asking so my next post can be more in tune with the RP and everyone else currently posting. If what I am trying to ask here isn't coming through very clearly I would be happy to extrapolate, feel free to clarify.

Yo, this is just a question about the RP style for anyone really. I am used to a back and forth of sorts in terms of converstaion while RPing, likely based on having most of my experience in tabletop gaming. Based on the post Semblance Semblance made after mine it seems to be more of a flowing thing, implying interactions and full conversations rather than having them. How should conversation and interaction prompts towards other characters be treated when I post? Should I acknowlege their exact wording? Should I move on after asking them a question and have them catch up to the current moment while I interact in other ways? Just asking so my next post can be more in tune with the RP and everyone else currently posting. If what I am trying to ask here isn't coming through very clearly I would be happy to extrapolate, feel free to clarify.
I would say it's up to your own preference. Some people directly quote what another character said before replying with their own character (which is what it seems like you're talking about with tabletop gaming), while others briefly paraphrase what another character said before replying (which is what I do, but only b/c this is what I'm used to).

Also, b/c this is a detailed group RP, a back-and-forth conversation would involve only a couple of lines per post as two characters reply directly to each other, but this could spam others who are not in the conversation or even exclude them. That's why for these kinds of RP's, I usually reply to multiple people at once and initiate further interactions without quoting them first

Is this what you were asking? Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Although could you clarify about "implying interactions and full conversations rather than having them"? Based on my post, I'm a little confused b/c I don't think I implied any full conversations, or at least I didn't mean to, as my intention was to reply to what was already said!

I would say it's up to your own preference. Some people directly quote what another character said before replying with their own character (which is what it seems like you're talking about with tabletop gaming), while others briefly paraphrase what another character said before replying (which is what I do, but only b/c this is what I'm used to).

Also, b/c this is a detailed group RP, a back-and-forth conversation would involve only a couple of lines per post as two characters reply directly to each other, but this could spam others who are not in the conversation or even exclude them. That's why for these kinds of RP's, I usually reply to multiple people at once and initiate further interactions without quoting them first

Is this what you were asking? Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Although could you clarify about "implying interactions and full conversations rather than having them"? Based on my post, I'm a little confused b/c I don't think I implied any full conversations, or at least I didn't mean to, as my intention was to reply to what was already said!

Thanks, yeah that was kind of what I was asking. Just clarifying how it all worked so I could get a better sense of how to post. Thanks for the help. I didn't mean to say you implied any full conversations, I was just wondering if that is something that can be or should be done so I could change my later postings to be closer to the standard in this RP. Hopefully I can improve my posting style!

Thanks, yeah that was kind of what I was asking. Just clarifying how it all worked so I could get a better sense of how to post. Thanks for the help. I didn't mean to say you implied any full conversations, I was just wondering if that is something that can be or should be done so I could change my later postings to be closer to the standard in this RP. Hopefully I can improve my posting style!
Glad I could help! And you probably shouldn't imply full conversations if they didn't happen. People generally don't like it when others suggest significant things involving their characters without their permission

I agree, I think we should just wait since there are other players waiting on his response as well. There's no real rush either, I am sure the roleplay will have its troughs and it sometimes takes a week or so for these sorts of roleplays to pick up. Once Sky feels better, I am sure then we will be cooking.

Ginge said that he was going to try and get a post up today, but I'm honestly okay with waiting longer if he's not feeling up for it! If anyone has a strong desire to reply then definitely go for it, but otherwise I think waiting would be a good idea to get everyone caught up

Last edited:
I'm all good with waiting for Sky to post.

It'd be a shame if we leave behind the Big Boss in his own roleplay.

Yeah, I just caught jude up the current conversatoin so I'm down to wait until he can make a post.

It's very kind of you guys to wait! Unfortunately I've been worse today despite feeling better in the morning :/ But again, I hope to have a post up tomorrow - sorry for the delay :(

It's very kind of you guys to wait! Unfortunately I've been worse today despite feeling better in the morning :/ But again, I hope to have a post up tomorrow - sorry for the delay :(
I'll be sending you all the good energy I've got! Feel better soon.

So in an effort to keep everyone on their toes.

What all genres of music do y'all like?

Personally I like country (old country like Hank Jr, Waylon Jennings and Don Williams) and Classic Rock. Bob Segar, Lynyrd Skynyrd, CCR and Journey.

Last edited:
What all genres of music do y'all like?

I like a fairly wide variety of music, but some of my main genres are:
Ska Punk (The Interrupters, Five Iron Frenzy, Mad Caddies, Russkaja)
Various Types of Metal (Knorkator, Sabaton, Powerwolf, Alestorm)
Other Styles of Punk (NOFX, Mindless Self Indulgence, Streetlight Manifesto, Dresden Dolls)
Bands I really like that I am not a huge fan of the genre associated with them (Great Big Sea, Jamie T, Stufy, Yes)

Personally I like country (old country like Hank Jr, Waylon Jennings and Son Williams)

I like some alternative country stuff (The Pine Hill Haints, Quebec Redneck Bluegrass Project, .357 String Band)

I'm definitely more of an EDM girl. I love going to festivals/raves and the mainstream DJ's are fun in that setting (like hardwell, tiesto, avicii, Calvin harris, chainsmokers, david Guetta, etc), but I usually listen to more chill electronic/pop on my own (like kygo, troye Sivan, madeon, Alan walker, Halsey, daya, gryffin, illenium)

Personally, I really don't like country haha but I am into alternative

I think it'd be easier to just list what I don't like lol. I love everything from classical to mainstream. I'm a country fan, love dubstep, chillstep, electroswing, alt rock and even some metal. I love folk, Great Big Sea is a favorite but so also, is avicii and nightwish (their old stuff). I love celtic, old jazz, showtunes, k-pop too...I avoid hardcore metal and generally anything with incoherent screaming.

Oi, Ginge! You didn't tell me you had the magnificent piece of RP hidden away?! Hey all, just popping in, tentatively throwing in some interest if you guys still have the space and are interested in another player. Just ping me, I'm pretty much always around so you're sure to catch me at one point or another.

Oi, Ginge! You didn't tell me you had the magnificent piece of RP hidden away?! Hey all, just popping in, tentatively throwing in some interest if you guys still have the space and are interested in another player. Just ping me, I'm pretty much always around so you're sure to catch me at one point or another.
Thank you for your interest! Although we have already started, we do still have space available because we have only just started the first chapter, so it won't be difficult at all to integrate your character into the story. Currently, Ginge isn't feeling well so we are in a brief intermission to wait for him, so this would be a good time to get a character up :)

Thank you for your interest! Although we have already started, we do still have space available because we have only just started the first chapter, so it won't be difficult at all to integrate your character into the story. Currently, Ginge isn't feeling well so we are in a brief intermission to wait for him, so this would be a good time to get a character up :)

Sure thing! I'll take a look at all the particulars and see about putting up a character sheet when I get around to it. I'll drop back in here if I have any questions. Thanks for welcoming me aboard, can't wait to get started. So, is there any "role" you're specifically looking for in the story so far? Any character ideas that you guys would like filled, or is it totally open for any kind of character so far?

Sure thing! I'll take a look at all the particulars and see about putting up a character sheet when I get around to it. I'll drop back in here if I have any questions. Thanks for welcoming me aboard, can't wait to get started. So, is there any "role" you're specifically looking for in the story so far? Any character ideas that you guys would like filled, or is it totally open for any kind of character so far?
Sounds good, can't wait to see your character! If you look at the cast list/character database on the character applications page, you'll see a list of the types of character we currently have and don't have. Here's the link: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/magicborne-character-application.339159/

But basically, we do not have any Agrirran, Ghiacciel, Mortius, or Aurval main characters at the moment :)

Sounds good, can't wait to see your character! If you look at the cast list/character database on the character applications page, you'll see a list of the types of character we currently have and don't have. Here's the link: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/magicborne-character-application.339159/

But basically, we do not have any Agrirran, Ghiacciel, Mortius, or Aurval main characters at the moment :)

Awesome! I was planning on making an Agrirran anyway, so that fits perfectly! One Earth magic character coming right up :D

Okay, I've seen it spelled several different ways (in the interest check by Ginge alone!) How do you spell that? Aggrirran? Agrirran? Agrririan? One G or two? One or two Rs and where? XD

Okay, I've seen it spelled several different ways (in the interest check by Ginge alone!) How do you spell that? Aggrirran? Agrirran? Agrririan? One G or two? One or two Rs and where? XD
It seems the ancient Earth mages couldn't agree on what to name this mystical art form. It will forever remain a mystery to the humble users who wield this vein.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back