• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy MAGE Academy // Magical Academia Roleplay

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Having a bit of time before her next class, Kiva decides to venture out and go by her classes early. That way, she can remember how to get to them. When the time came for her next class to start, she showed up early and sat towards the middle of the class and closest to the window. That way, she could be out of sight, out of mind while she quietly took notes. It was almost scary being in a class with humans, but it was something that Kiva needed to get used to. She couldn't be afraid to be around those she wanted to watch over.

"I'm glad to hear it," Professor Wulreth replied, his tone reassuring as he guided Minji to her seat. Once settled, Minji tried to focus on the professor's introduction.

"As I mentioned, I'm Professor Wulreth, and I'll be guiding you through the intriguing world of dark arts," he began, his voice carrying a hint of excitement. "In this class, we'll explore the deeper aspects of magical theory and practice, focusing on the darker elements of the arcane."

He paced the front of the room, gesturing animatedly as he spoke. "Now, some of you might wonder why we study dark arts when there are many curses and spells used for good. It's an excellent question," he said, his eyes scanning the room before settling on Minji. "Since there are many curses that are used for good, why do we take this class?"

Minji shifted uncomfortably in her seat, feeling the professor's gaze linger on her. "Um," she hesitated, feeling put on the spot. "I suppose...to understand the full spectrum of magical practices, even those considered dark, and to learn how to defend against them?"

Professor Wulreth nodded in approval at Minji's response, acknowledging her effort. As the lecture went on, Minji nodded along as Professor Wulreth spoke, her mind drifting slightly as he wemt into the topic of dark arts. She tried to focus, but the weight of exhaustion pulled at her attention, causing her to zone out.

"Minji!" Professor Wulreth's voice cut through her reverie, and she blinked, feeling the eyes of the entire class on her.

"Sorry, I..." Minji stammered, feeling flustered under the professor's scrutiny.

"Since you seem so eager to share your insights, Minji," Professor Wulreth continued, his tone carrying a subtle edge, "can you tell the class what distinguishes a curse from a hex, both in theory and practical application?"

Minji's head spun as she struggled to grasp the professor's question, her vision blurring at the edges. She could feel the weight of exhaustion bearing down on her. With a shaky breath, she attempted to gather her thoughts and formulate a response.

"Um...well," Minji started, her voice wavering as she tried to push through the fog in her mind. She could hear the echo of her own heartbeat pounding in her ears. "A curse...a curse is..." Her words faltered as she fought against the overwhelming fatigue, her thoughts scattering like leaves in the wind.

The room seemed to sway, and Minji's eyelids grew heavy. Before she could complete her sentence, her eyes fluttered shut, and her body slumped in the chair as unconsciousness claimed her.

Last edited:
Artick clapped her hands twice as the last runner finished. Alis, having already finished a while ago, had started up her warm up stretches once again. An old injury in her right leg was flaring up today and she needed to work out the cramp before Artick noticed her flagging.

“Alright, pair up. I want you to go through the beginner movement patterns you learned in Basics.” She narrowed her eyebrows at each of them as if to say, to see where you fail.

Alis looked for Blessing to pair up, as most of the other students in the class were unfamiliar to her. There were a few she knew from last year but no one she remembered liking to spar with. “Blessing!” She waved him over.

Artick clapped her hands twice as the last runner finished. Alis, having already finished a while ago, had started up her warm up stretches once again. An old injury in her right leg was flaring up today and she needed to work out the cramp before Artick noticed her flagging.

“Alright, pair up. I want you to go through the beginner movement patterns you learned in Basics.” She narrowed her eyebrows at each of them as if to say, to see where you fail.

Alis looked for Blessing to pair up, as most of the other students in the class were unfamiliar to her. There were a few she knew from last year but no one she remembered liking to spar with. “Blessing!” She waved him over.
As Blessing stopped with the last runner, running 107 laps in total. He wiped off all his sweat, sighing with a smile of achievement. He already liked Sensei Artick since umm, she's the strict type of teachers. The nice teachers are partly annoying and partly useless, so he admired strict and sarcastic teachers. Blessing's right wrist was flaring, since it had a magic circle drawn on it for a long time now, which was the last strength magic circle his father drew. The other hand healed him, which was the last magic circle his mother drew. He sat down for a second, just to hear something about 'pairing up.' He nodded, also waving over to Alis. "Wanna pair up?"

After entering her room, Noelle takes a quick glance and realizes how oddly big it is compared to her previous dorm. Without getting too distracted, she locates the box she was looking for and slices it open with the help of her magic, hardening her index finger with ice.
Noelle grabs the first book she finds: Everything you need to know about your Cauldron.
“That’s the one” she smirks. And without thinking twice, she is off to class.

"You." Wulreth pointed to a Lycan student. "Take Mrs. Del Lune to the Infirmary." The half-wolf nodded in understanding, quickly rising from his seat to assist.

Turning back to the class, Wulreth's expression softened,. "We shall be postponing class for the moment," he announced. "Please gather your belongings and wait quietly in the hallway until further notice."

As the rest of the students began to gather their things, the Lycan student carried Minji out of the classroom, his strides careful. He nodded a goodbye to the professor before setting off, his hum attracting curious looks as they passed the cafeteria.

Kailey, who silently walked to her class of Elemental Spirits Handling, saw a poster with 'Magikal Circus' something something. It seemed like the type of thing she would brush off but tell Blessing about, so she wrote a note for herself and sticked it to her bag. As Kailey got to her class, she saw a male inside the classroom doing some old magic tricks she learned as a child's play. She entered, scanning the room for an unoccupied seat at the back.

"Ms.Kailey, can you tell me why you're late?" He asked, a badge-like nameplate on his clothes. It was read 'Mr.Eric Soulovich,' I guess it's his name then. Kailey took a seat first, seeing there was an empty seat right beside her. "Dammit, I thought everyone was already here. I'll have to wait for another person now." She thought, then heard an insufferable noise of loud clapping. Soulovich was trying to get her attention back to him, tilting his head while waiting for a response.

"What do you want me to say? Sorry?"
. . . . . . . . . . . .
"Continue teaching them your child's play, I don't even know how college students don't know these tricks." She scoffed in annoyance, looking at the nearby window. Being a dragon gave her lots of bonus points to insult as much as she wanted, since dragons are considered to be the fastest learners out of all the mythical creatures.

"Oh? Why don't you come and teach them some better things?"
"Let's show you how work's done, then."

Kailey took his word seriously, standing up with a devilish smirk. She knew she can win, otherwise she would've stayed at her seat. Kailey raised her arm a little, making her palm in front of the class and face-to-face. Her palm suddenly started creating green and black fire, leaving it extend until it filled the room. Although the fire was everywhere, there was no scent of burning or any burn injuries. Everyone kept wondering, how so?
"Touch the fire." She said coldly, making her other palm in front of Mr.Soulovich. Her other palm also had the same fire, but it didn't extend to burn Soulovich.

"Let's see what you've got." Eric smiled, touching the fire with his bare hands. And as nobody expected, the fire wasn't even there. Eric's hand went through Kailey, then the illusion Kailey disappeared the moment everyone knew Kailey wasn't even there. Kailey appeared at the back of the class, still in her seat. She burst out laughing, seeing everyone's shocked faces.

"Was that an.. illusion technique?"

"Indeed, Soulovich. It's been on my palm the whole time, if you just focused a little on what's behind the partly invisible fire."

Alis nodded to Blessing and took the defensive stance for their first bout of sparring. “Do you remember the basic steps?” Around them, students were pairing up and deciding among themselves who would be defense and offense. There was an air of nervousness as everyone peeked a glance at Artick, waiting for whatever surprise she had in store.

Blessing nodded, taking the offensive stand and waiting to start sparring. Alis seemed pretty strong, but Blessing kept on believing in himself that he can win. He had some techniques in mind, so it's gonna be quite interesting. Having experience in sparring and always trying to take on his spar teacher maaaaaaaaaaybe made him extra strong, adding on that he loves exercising an awful lot. He grew some muscles, though not enough to showcase the people. It'll be embarrassing, anyways.

On her way to class, Noelle is calmly walking through the hallway when someone in a haste suddenly crashes into her, causing the book to fall down and slide through the waxed floor.

“Hey!” Noelle screams, as she turns to see the culprit: A half-wolf carrying a person.

“Sorry!” The boy immediately apologizes.

Before Noelle is about to rage, she notices a familiar girl in his arms. Realizing it’s the half-demon Noelle argued with earlier in the cafeteria, she can’t help but grin.

“You unfortunate beast, i’ll let you go because you just made my day” Noelle laughs to herself, letting the wolf boy resume his duty while looking slightly confused about this weird encounter.

Hiroto looks around the female before he found it, quite literally on her back. A bit embarrased that he didn't saw sooner, he took the backpack off and handed it to her, "Is this what you were looking for?"
Melody watched Hiroto as fumbled to get the backpack. Melody hummed as she rotated the sphere around for the girl to see, "Do you like it?"

Ch. 5 - Anxiety (Part 3)

"Y-Yea.."
The 18-year-old stuttered. She grabbed her backpack as she fumbled around for her sensory stuff. After a couple of seconds of rummaging through her backpack, she finally found her bag full of her sensory stuff and fidgets. She took out her pink keyboard keychain and starts pressing on the keys, the keychain making a clicking sound. She noticed the orb and looked at it in awe. "M-Mhm...so...so pretty..." She stuttered in awe. She was mesmerized by the beautiful-looking orb.

Catch You Catch Me

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Melody smiles, "I'm glad you like it." She watched the girl as she pressed on some of the keys, amused and curious by the strange device. "Excuse me for asking though but C\can you tell us your name?"

Hiroto stepped aside for Melody and the young girl to talk. He watched the interaction between the two, quite curious of the two as he hasn't interacted with them as much as he should. However, when Melody started speaking, he felt a sharp cold chill run up his spine. Ah jeez, Not again! He felt a fimilar presence behind him but when he turned around he didn't see anyone. Hiroto sighs, not suprised, Well, I should be quite used to this, actually.

Ch. 6 - Friends Or Foes?

"M-Mirabelle! Mirabelle W-Wonderland!"
The 18-year-old stuttered. "I'm the first autistic student to ever be entered into this school...a-and...even though I don't look like it, I am actually 18 years old!" The girl stuttered. "U-Uhm....that's all..."

Catch You Catch Me

♡coded by uxie♡

"That's a nice name," Melody ruffles her hair. "My name is Melody Mockingbird and this is Hiroto," She gestured to Hiroto who stepped aside for a while.

Hiroto waved at the two, hiding the fact he could feel the constant chills around him. He assumed that he would learn more later in his 'Talking with Spirits' class and pushed it aside. "Nice to meet you, Mirabelle," he said.

"That's a nice name," Melody ruffles her hair. "My name is Melody Mockingbird and this is Hiroto," She gestured to Hiroto who stepped aside for a while.

Ch. 7 - Is this the Start of a Friendship?

"Hehe!"
The 18-year-old giggled cutely. "A pleasure to meet you, Hiroto and Melody!" She cutely said. "Oh! Should we go to class? I-I'm new here so..."

Catch You Catch Me

♡coded by uxie♡

"Of course. I can see if we can find them in the campus, it's quite a hassle to find classes at first," Melody tries to come with a light hearted joke. She looks over at Hiroto, "Would you like to come with us?"

Hiroto nods, he was getting quite tired of the constant chills around him. "Alright, which class you you have right now?" Hiroto points to a corridor, "I've seen quite a lot of classrooms from that way, if that helps with anything."

Ch. 7 - TO THE CLASSROOM!

"O-Okay! Here! Have a look at my schedule!"
The 18-year-old said as she handed Hiroto her schedule. "I don't know what time it is now s-so.." The female said nervously.

Catch You Catch Me

♡coded by uxie♡

Hiroto looks over the schedule when she handed it to him. He pointed to the Roalty Ettiquite course, "Roalty Ettiquite. I'm quite suprised that you would have this class." He extends his hand, tapping on his silver ring. It took only a second for a hologram to appear in front of him, "I'll see if I can find a map, one moment."

Ch. 7 - TO THE CLASSROOM! (Part 2)

"Y-Yea...I am royalty after all!"
The 18-year-old said shyly. She got up while still pressing on her keycap keychain. "O-Okay!" She stuttered. She would hang her keychain on her lanyard and waited patiently.

Catch You Catch Me

♡coded by uxie♡

Melody was quite puzzled at this device. She had never seen such strange device before in her life! "Mind me for asking, but what is this?" She pointed to the ring projecting the hologram in front of Hiroto.

"Oh this?" Hiroto pointed to the ring, "This is something my Witchcraft professor gave me. Apparently it's a communication device for MAGE students. Hiroto taps a few buttons before opening up a map, "Which room number is your Royalty Ettiquite class, Mirabelle?"

Alis took a deep breath and began winding slowly through the movements, graceful and flowing like a steady stream. Back in her hometown she practiced the art of Aikido, which was a water-based martial art. Despite her lack of affinity for the element, she still managed a decent imitation of her master's grace. Moving faster and faster, and blocked, evaded, and parried Blessing's blows as she moved faster and faster through the sets. I knew dragons were impressive, but he hasn't even broken a sweat! She mused in her head, panting a little as her forehead gleamed in exertion. Her half-fae body was tougher than most, but their limbs were blurs of movement as she pushed herself farther than she had with any sparring partner before.

----------
Maxwell sauntered into the cafeteria, a half-smirk on his face as he took in the shabby establishment. Compared to the castles and mansions he had access to, this place was a crumbling pile of stone. As he walked farther into the room he nearly stepped into a blue-haired boy fiddling with his holo-ring. "I beg your pardon," he said smoothly, "I didn't see you there."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back