• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom [M4F] Looking for someone to play Supes and other superheroes in major DC x Marvel universe

StillAtDelarge

Hello all! I’m back here with a whole new idea!

Before I get into that idea, let me drop in a few bits of contact info, and more about me:
Name: Thomas
Timezone: EST

Also, before I get into this idea, let me reiterate two things: I am looking for a female who would be willing to play multiple characters in a longterm RP, both male and female, of various orientations and ethnic backgrounds; I am also looking to write with someone who is 18+.

So, I’ve recently felt a resurgence of my love for comics, one that has manifested itself into the urge to write one of my own. Of course, I don’t know how to draw and am not super familiar with the tangles of continuity that make up the DC and Marvel universes, so actually somehow doing just that is probably impossible… bringing me an idea to something better:

A superhero roleplay! And better yet, one that doesn’t just take from Marvel or DC; instead, I want to make a roleplay that involves both universes in one, with their tone and slight ideas mixed into one as well. But instead of being like a crossover or simple universe where all the characters from each respective universe exist, I want to make a universe more similar to Marvel’s old Ultimate line (before it started to suck, of course), with a tone matching it too. If you’re unfamiliar with this line, that means the tone would be serious, but not quite DCEU film levels of serious all the time… more tense and adult than Marvel, but not devoid of all life and fun like Snyder’s films had for years… even though I plan on having moments that are more hopeless and dark than anything in Snyder’s movies.

Essentially, I want to write a very, very longterm roleplay, which takes place in a world like ours and slowly evolves into the world of superheroes. In my world, there are no superheroes at the moment… and, in the past, there hasn’t been any superheroes, but instead a single supersoldier: Captain America. Just like the movies and comics, Cap’s story ends with him being frozen and lost to time, along with the age of superheroes being pushed back further and further…

Until, well… now. In this world, which takes place in the modern era, the events post 9/11 have made a resurgence in super soldier research. Whether it be trying to engineer spiders with greatest strengths for human testing or simply make new technology and suits for soldiers to wear, the start of the War on Terror has led to a need to increase security as well as the power that individual soldiers have. With the governments of the world funding more and more programs to make the successors to these super soldiers, the world would continue on and on… without any superheroes… even Captain America now thought of by some as just a propaganda tool, rather than an actual person who existed.

Enter three years ago. In a slightly more gritty New York City, where crime is akin to the craziness of NY crime in the 80s, a new legend has appeared: that of the bat. Street thugs talk of a monster who comes like a demon in the night… a bat that stalks crime, and destroys the scum of New York, before shipping them up the river to do hard time. What they describe seeing is a monster of deadly orange and deep, deep black… one that comes as quick as he goes, and doesn’t kill… for that would be too easy. It’s still unclear whether or not this bat is a myth… but the fear that he instills in men has spread his legend far and wide, for all to hear. Police officers in every precinct of the city talk of how they find criminals often curled in balls now, weeping to themselves… shaking in terror… speaking only of the bat. But there is no “Batman”... that is Commissioner Gordon and the NYPD’s official stance, and has been for three long years, even as crime continues to just keep decreasing in Manhattan.

And if it were up to the actual Batman, this is how things would stay forever. After years and years of training… a life dedicated to making sure no other young boy’s life ends up like his… he now stalks the shadows of the night, stopping crime as he sees it, while then returning home for his rare hours of sleep before putting on the mask of “Bruce Wayne” once again. The same Bruce Wayne who runs Wayne Enterprises, who is responsible for far-reaching research into security weapons and other massive scientific projects… many of them as secret as the Super Soldier project his grandfather Richard Wayne worked on in the 40s. With the help of one of the most brilliant scientific minds of the 21st Century, Reed Richards, Wayne Enterprises has begun to thrive… and the bat’s equipment has only gotten better and better…

But even then, a threat lurks, one unknown to this world. Instead of being a man or superhero, the “Batman” is a legend… one that stalks the boogeymen of New York at night, more akin to a story told amongst little kids than an actual person. His villains are shadows… the League of Shadows, yes, but moreso shadows of enemies nobody sees… but while the Batman rules New York’s night, the biggest threat of them all stays seated in his massive tower, conducting research that could “change the world.” Little does this man in his high castle know that the change he will bring will be the very one he is destined to hate… and that his research to better man will only bring on the dawn of the supermen.

So yeah! Sorry for the vague ending, but I sort of want to keep things really ambiguous… I have some absolutely insane ideas for how to get this universe started. I plan for the beginning of this universe to be just Batman, with other heroes existing but not publicly known, until a threat forces these secret, amazing men out of the darkness and into the light. This first story I have planned would essentially be the origin of how superheroes pop up in a world that is essentially our’s, while the stories after that would continue to deal with introducing more heroes as well as villains. A lot of the beginning of this story would be the world reacting to such super powerful beings showing up, and adjusting to deal with the reality of “superheroes” existing in real life.

I have Batman introduced so thoroughly because, well, I’d want to play Batman. A lot of this RP was inspired by the learning of Robert Pattinson being cast as the man behind the cowl, a casting choice I am ecstatic with (for people who want to bash him for Twilight, see his other films; dude has acting chops for days).

But, Batman would only be the first of the core team that would later be known as “The Avengers.” The other characters I have planned would be Superman (played by you), Lady Thor (played by either of us), and Black Panther (also played by either of us). These heroes are the ones who have existed and don’t have an origin that would tie into the birth of superheroes… rather, they are superheroes who have always existed, but have yet to become public. These four are a rather odd collection of heroes, but that is because this universe is meant to have one character from each universe fill their respective analogue roles in our universe. Instead of Tony Stark being the financial backing of the Avengers, it’d be Bruce Wayne AKA Batman, with this universe having no Tony Stark. Instead of Wonder Woman (a woman made from clay that is tied to Greek mythology), there is Lady Thor… and Black Panther exists to take the place of Aquaman as “badass king” of the group, though I would still want Aquaman to eventually be introduced as well. The only two characters who are strikingly similar that I’d want to fill the universe together would be Superman and Captain America—their conversations would be far too amazing to pass up, after all.

So yeah… it’d essentially be like the Justice League: War storyline in that all the heroes would get brought together for the first time (bar Cap, who will still be frozen for now lol) to fight a single threat, and then would begin to grow a friendship and group… as well as incorporate more and more members, as more and more superheroes pop up around the world. Heroes like Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, and more…

Now that I have the premise briefly (I say briefly despite the length—I actually have a ton of more ideas and stuff I want to mention, but I don’t want to make this novel length) explained, it’s time for me to list what I am looking for in a partner:

• Be female — I have terrible experience roleplaying with men, for some reason. As a man, this makes me sad, but they normally just ghost me or want to write constant sexual scenes… or just suck at writing. Not all of us are like this, obviously, but I just find I flow better when writing with women. Sorry fellas.
  • Be over 18 — I want this to have adult themes, general angst, and overall darkness. Ya know, the good stuff.
  • Be okay with graphic imagery — So… yeah. I want to eventually have characters like The Joker in this. That should say enough.
  • Be able to RP in the evening and at night, EST time — of course, this doesn’t mean all the time… life happens. But primarily, I am free (well, not right now—I have like two or three more weeks of working evening shifts at my job) in the evening and at night, and this is when I’d want to be able to RP.
  • Be willing to play Batman x Superman — Okay… yeah. I’ll admit it. I want Superman and Batman to have a gay relationship. I love MxF relationships too, but Batman and Superman are too perfect for one another.
  • Be willing to play the villains — So, if I play Batman, I’d obviously want you to be able to play characters like the Joker and others, who then play off of him. If you are Superman, that means I’d be willing to play Lex Luthor, etc. Be willing to be the bad guy… duh.
  • Write in great detail! — If this long post wasn’t a good indicator, I write a lot, and often I will go into even more detail when necessary. This means that you should be willing to write multiple paragraph replies when necessary, as well as short back and forths in conversation when necessary too. I write not to reach a word count, but to make the story flow well, and you should too.
  • Be willing to plan! — I have a lot planned out, but this would be a story between the two of us, so I’d want us to work together on it, obviously.
  • Be willing to have character death — Worlds with no character deaths have no consequences. Simple as that.
  • Be into using “casting” to have faces matched to our heroes — I would like to be able to pair celebrity faces and heroes together, when necessary and appropriate. I was inspired by Pattinson’s casting, so my faceclaim for him should be obvious; I have some other ideas listed too:
    • Batman: Robert Pattinson
    • Superman: Matt Bomer
    • (Lady) Thor or Roman Wonder Woman: Jamie Alexander
    • Black Panther: Idris Elba
      • These are my ideas for the faceclaims, so of course they can change!
  • Be willing to change character designs — I love the OG character designs of these guys, but they are due for a change. I want to have every character look different from their comic equivalent in some way… again, I already have some ideas for the core characters or their designs that I can share with you. I’d put them here, but this is already far too long.
  • Write in third person!

And that’s it! Ironic, since this post is far, far too long, but that’s all I have to say regarding this. If you’ve read this far, put “I’m a trooper” in the subject of your message to me, and then reply with your own ideas, age, name, characters you’d like to play, and everything else you want to say! I’d also love it if you linked a writing sample, as it would help me to know if we would good compatible for one another.

With all of that, I’d like to thank you for reading! I look forward to hearing from you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back