• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Well, she is Essence 7, so it does make sense that she can do some serious amount of ass-kicking.

Let me lay down the theory that is on Hazels mind!

Raksi is in league with the Sidereals.

Our sparks all returned at once. And this was a significant enough event that sent enough waves throughout the lunar community for us to be sought out and gathered.

As such it seemed to have been understood that we had returned for a purpose, and that something big was in the horizon. As such we were sent to train and grow quickly under One Tusk.

All well and good. But, what if the great Sorceress Raksi was not so keen on such vagaries, or liked the idea of rapscallions being relied on. Or other some such reason.

A being like Raksi might very well have ways to peer into the future, and has a plethora of connections across magic orders across creation. It would be very likely she would take things into her own hands in investigating what might be going on. Thus beginning to make plans of her own.

Hazel had a vision not too long ago. It wouldn't be beyond belief that one as well versed in mysticism as Raksi would may have had other such hints during any period during, before, or after. And, again, chose to act on them herself instead.

Given the situation, what better group to be involved with than the fate bending sidereals? She may have approached them, or they may have approached her. The important bit being they came together. Mayhaps even the sidereals approached her with the vision, and convinced her of its authenticity. Which side is the greater, however, is undetermined. If Raksi is acting in good faith or not, is also undetermined.

When Hazel had her vision. One Tusk immediately let Raksi know. This must have been the sort of trigger she expected that was to kick off this event. Thus started placing her pieces.

The circle was sent to Raksi. There wasnt much interest in explaining or preparing them, save for when Hazel asked to learn for it. Raksi may very well have been using it to pay lip service and keep the circle on board.

The reason? She wanted the Lunar Shawl. And with her motivations and reasons, Raksi must not have been confident that she could retrieve it herself. The circle was the perfect ones to get it for her.

They were sent off, but not without contigency. (Rockys involvement is still undetermined, but is suspected by Hazel).

Notice that once we got the shawl, we had let Raksi know we were heading straight to home, and not her.

This was not what she wanted. Rather than respond in a message, we were attacked.

While the event seemed ordinary at first, things were clearly off. Such as the fresh map. And more importantly, when the mastiff was sent out to track down where they came from... the scent of sidereal was clear.

Rather than send a message to us, Raksi sent a message to her contigency. That the hapless babes had unwittingly went rogue. Thus it was chosen to retrieve the shawl by force.

But that does currently leave out the explanation why Raksi waited so long to intercept the circle.

Given that she and one Tusk have history, she would no doubt know where his domain is. As well as the path there and back. Any number of forces could have shown up to take it or she could have convinced us to turn back, or ask us to wait for her so she could "lend aid".

Instead it was a silent trip.

This leads me to a slightly alternative theory.

That Raksi didnt know we got the shawl. That the infallible messenger that Hazel sent somehow didnt get through.

And sidereals may have just such trickery to be able to do such thing. And they are manipulative to try such a stunt as I am suggesting.

Tricking Raksi into thinking that the circle went rogue and was trying to release the demon. And kept hazels messages from reaching Raksi to keep up the rouse. As well as likely telling lies and false reports to steer Raksi to the endgame, whatever that may be.

When Raksi appeared during the ritual, it seemed out of desperation and belief that we were causing doom. Maybe she did try to warn us. But the sidereals stopped her messages too, making her think we were ignoring her.

When she left, there didnt seem to be much anger in her. More like a cross between resignation and confusion. Likely when Hazel said that Raksi was ignoring her, and they were just binding the thing, made her think something wasn't right.

The look to Hazel before she left seemed to have some significance. A wordless look. Not emotional, as one might when defeated, but in a way that suggested that she was thinking. Though I wouldnt likely be able to tell if it was important or not without a roll.

I say all this here to make it easier to spill her thoughts in a more easily digestible way than forty posts of explanation IC.

But essentially, Hazel is starting to be truly convinced that something really fishy is going on.

Last edited:
I have total and complete writers block. I have no idea what Two Mornings should be doing right now.

I am perturbed by this.

Hmmm. Interesting question. I am going to go with that if you attack Erembour, she will be free to defend herself, and will break the pact.

Hmmm. Interesting question. I am going to go with that if you attack Erembour, she will be free to defend herself, and will break the pact.
But if creative or worded correctly, she could be put into a position where she couldnt defend herself?

And would she be able to preemptively defend herself? Or would she have to be attacked first?

Also! Breaking pact had consequences to the summoner, while less severe than what would happen to a demon, they were there.

However that was in 2e. Would we be using those consequences in 3e?

She would not be able to defend herself until after she was attacked.

You can ask her any questions you would like. They wouldn't break any pact.

Also! Breaking pact had consequences to the summoner, while less severe than what would happen to a demon, they were there.

However that was in 2e. Would we be using those consequences in 3e?
I will have to look in the books to see if there is anything listed.

What's the matter with you? Making me think like that! lol I'll have to look for it.

Well, let's see. Could have Two Mornings inquire with Rocky about what Raksis deal is.

Maybe he might have heard something about this doom she was talking about or another reason she might turn on the circle like that.

Two Mornings could get upset with Hazel again for demanding too much of demon.

I am going to go ahead and award everyone 3 regular xp, and 3 Lunar xp. D. Rex D. Rex this is in addition to the extra Lunar xp I gave you earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back