• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings lotus' partner search <3 original plots and fandoms

lotusvoid

local my chemical romance enjoyer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
hello! my name is lotus, looking for 1x1 partners, have a read and feel free to shoot me a dm or reply here if you think we could vibe together!

about me

• 20 years old
  • they/them pronouns
  • asexual lesbian
  • my timezone is gmt (uk)
  • semi-lit to lit (on average i'd say i can do at least three paragraphs, although in general will always try to match the length of my partner, and absolutely no pressure to be writing tons)
  • full time student, so depending on what's going on with my course i may be super busy irl or have tons of free time, tho i'll likely be checking in every day even if i don't have time to reply to anything
  • i do love darker themes, but that doesn't mean i'm opposed to fluffier stuff! honestly i'm a huge fan of hurt/comfort as well, so mixing darker themes in with more lighthearted scenes as well will always be fun for me
  • ghost-friendly, i really don't care how long you take to respond (you can fr disappear for a month and then come back with a reply and i'll still be interested, of course)
  • although saying that, if you aren't vibing with the rp for whatever reason, just tell me! whether it's that you want to take a break, stop altogether, or even try out something new, i'm absolutely chill with that. and, of course, if you want to return to an rp that we have abandoned for whatever reason, that's fine by me!
  • happy to chat ooc as well (my discord is lotusthatexists#1512 if you wanna chat there as well, i do find that would be easier)

what i'm looking for
  • fxf or mxm preferred, although i'm open to mxf
  • at the very least, please be lgbtq+ friendly, as, again, i am queer myself, and also do prefer to write queer characters
  • no one liners! of course, i don't particularly care about the length of a response, and especially with conversation i understand shorter replies are inevitable, but please at least give me something to work with! i'd say at least a paragraph works with me. and i do like to delve more into a character's thoughts and feelings (read: i have a tendency to ramble), would love a partner who can give the same energy there
  • i don't mind what age you are, tho i do feel more comfortable with 18+ especially in a romantic setting, and not sure how i feel about 30+. this isn't to say i won't rp with people in that age range, but definitely prefer people that are a similar age to me
  • as i mentioned above, i do love darker themes, and have very little limits when it comes to that sort of thing, though please do communicate your own boundaries with me
  • happy to play any gender, and for you to play any gender as well! (this of course includes genders outside of the binary, as i'm non-binary myself i'd actually love to write some stuff with non-binary characters)
  • i do enjoy romance, but keeping these entirely platonic is okay as well! just let me know what you'd prefer
  • but anyway, onto ideas!

assorted pairings

my preferred role will be listed in bold, although i'm open for playing either. if you have any plot ideas, please shoot them my way, although i may have some ideas of my own as well.

• mermaid x human
  • mermaid x scientist
  • winged human x human (winged or non-winged)
  • vampire x human
  • pirate x stowaway
  • pirate x royalty
  • human x fae
  • kidnapper x kidnapped
  • scientist x "experiment"
  • hero x reformed villain
  • anything enemies to lovers

some plot ideas

these are all linked to the pairings above, some more specific than others. feel free to add your own ideas/tweak these if you wish!

mermaid x human
a few different ideas of how this could go:
  • a mermaid washes up on the shore of a beach, injured in some way (thinking they could be tangled up in something, ie a fishing net or human junk etc), and a human (could be a scientist but no necessary) finds them and takes them in, helping them heal.
  • similar to above, a mermaid washes ashore and a human finds them, though in this case the human is a scientist who takes them with the intention of running experiments on them. (this one in particular has the potential to get very dark.)
  • a mermaid is being held in captivity (ie in a zoo or aquarium) and a human (could be a worker or just someone visiting) forms a bond with them, possibly helping them to escape.
winged beings
this would take place in a world where humans with wings exist, though are rare and not super accepted by most of society, with most living in hiding or on the run from hunters. this could be in a fantasy setting or a modern setting, or even a sci-fi setting although i'm less experienced with that, all depends on what you'd prefer. as for how this rp would work, there's a few different options depending on what sort of character you would want to play:
  • two winged humans on the run from hunters (could already know each other or meet somewhere down the road)
  • one character (winged or non-winged) finds an injured winged character and helps to heal them (thinking the injured character has recently escaped from some hunters)
  • a winged character is kidnapped to be experimented on (this one has the capacity to get very dark)
vampire x human
a human tags along with their friend to a house party, though not long into arriving they lose their friend, and find themself alone in a room full of strangers. after searching for their friend for a short while with no luck, they think about leaving, though they don't seem to be able to, pushed back by the crowd and eventually finding themself surrounded by, oh god, vampires. from here, the plot could go one of two ways - either the human is kidnapped by those vampires and held hostage in that house, or another vampire at the party takes pity on them and 'rescues' them (although this will result in the vampire essentially kidnapping them anyway under the pretense of hiding them from the other vampires). then from there, it would really depend on what kind of characters we want to play - the plot could focus on the human trying to escape (with or without the help of other vampires), or could grow complacent with their new life.
scientist x "experiment"
a scientist gets a new job at a top secret lab, where they have managed to create life from scratch (could be a human or some other creature, but at least humanoid), and been performing experiments on said life to see how it works. what this new scientist discovers when they are assigned to keep watch on the experiment overnight, however, is the new life is incredibly scentiant, and suffering due to the mistreatment by the other scientists. they then devise a plan to help the experiment escape, or otherwise care for them. (this one would probably be better as found family rather than romantic, though could work either way. also not super coherent but i swear this makes sense in my head.)
hero x reformed villain
in a rare twist of events, a team of superheroes end up losing a battle against a team of supervillains, thus ending up trapped somewhere. one of said villains, however, has recently left the group (reasons can be discussed but i have ideas), and also ends up trapped in the same place, now by themselves. the ex-villain must then 'team-up' with the heroes to escape, even if neither side are particularly happy about it. (and perhaps it takes a little longer for them to actually agree to team up.)

fandoms
these will either be canon x canon or oc x oc. any plots/pairings listed above may be applied to these fandoms as well! but of course, open to hear your own ideas, and i may have a few of my own as well. for canon x canon rps, let me know what characters you play or would like to play against and i'll see what i can do!
  • pjo/hoo/mcga (oc x oc preferred, may be open to canon x canon depending on the characters)
  • mcyt - mostly hermit/empires/life series, but open to dsmp as well, again depending on characters (canon x canon only, and of course c! not cc!)
  • undertale (canon x canon)
  • night in the woods (probably canon x canon (in particular gregg x angus would be fun i think) though open for an oc x oc rp with like. the general setting/vibes of nitw? if that makes sense)
  • pokemon (oc x oc, i've only played a few of the games, so this is more as a general setting - in particular been playing sv a lot recently so something set in paldea would be fun)
  • stardew valley (canon x canon, though i suppose canon x oc would work here if one of us was to play the farmer as an oc)
  • the owl house (probably canon x canon but oc x oc may also work)
  • steven universe (canon x canon or oc x oc)
  • sanders sides (possibly. used to rp this a lot but kinda burnt myself out, tho could definitely give it another shot depending on the plot. canon x canon of course)
  • welcome to nightvale (canon x canon or oc x oc)

i believe that is all! i may update this thread from time to time if there's anything else i wish to try out. always open for new rps, so feel free to shoot me a message whenever! would probably prefer to keep things on this site, so rp via thread or pms works for me, depending on your preference. but anyway, hope you are having a wonderful day, and thank you for reading < 3

Last edited:
small bump, as i do have quite a few rps going rn, but edited a couple details and can probably fit in a few more so figured i may as well bump.
and whilst i'm here, worth mentioning that in particular i am (and always tbh) really craving some mcyt stuff, if anyone at all is familiar with that - and in particular, if you could play a tango to my jimmy or scar to my grian (or vice versa tbh, also have experience writing scar and. tango i haven't but i do love him dearly and could probably give him a go) i would love you forever. to a lesser extend also a quackity to my wilbur would be absolutely fantastic although. really been in a life series mood recently, as i often am lmao. anyway thanks for reading < 3

Im down for the winged human x non-winged human plot! Ill have to make a quick reference sheet for my boy, but if you want we can chat in Dms in the meantime! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back