• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for oldies for a slow moving group.

Roleplay Theme/Plot

• The 'Verse's Edge

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • To The North

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Lokipi

QT Pi
Good morning all!

This is to send out some feelers to find some fellow older members of the site (18-20+). A conversation starter if you will.

Of course, everyone/anyone is welcome to chat and put some interest forward on this but the reason I specify 18-20+ is because this group is more likely to have similar circumstances to my own: I want to roleplay but work and general life limits posts to 1-3 times a week.

If you are new to this conversation but still want to join, by all means, post, cast a vote and chat.

******Edit*****

So, these simply act as an introduction to the proposed plotlines. Once we have chosen, I will then spend the next week fleshing out details for the selected roleplay. From there, character creation can begin.

As most of you are aware, I have two stories which come down to spacemen or cavemen. As I did this on my phone, editing is proving to be a wee pain in the butt, so I will let you guys cast a vote via a new comment on this thread. Just say option 1 or option 2.

Option 1: Space

As all great epics begin with a dashing hero or deed, this tale instead starts with a man. An archaeologist to be more precise, named Denis Lightfoot, who found a map. Or ring…a ringmap.

Welcome to The 'Verse's End.

During a series of disastrous decisions, ignoring all the collective common sense of his ancestors in the art of survival, Denis gave in to the mysterious whispering ancient Draloxian inscriptions engraved in the ring and put it onto his finger.

Surprisingly, the ring was the perfect fit. Unsurprisingly, the ring could not be removed.

Denis soon discovered that ring's engravings when translated were promises and warnings of a planet of treasure and curses old as the gods themselves.

The only way forward is to follow it and see where it goes. Perhaps love, adventure, epic battles between light and dark, a hint of betrayal but most definitely riches. We hope.

Will you see the 'verse's end?

Denis has hired a ship, a captain and a crew. If you so wish, you will be a part of this crew. All alien races may apply. Denis cannot be held responsible for any loss of limbs, honour or life. "Riches" assured.

Themes include adventure, betrayal, aliens, cyborgs, spaceships, black holes, peril, and something else is aboard the ship. Geese.

Restrictions - while I want to be as accommodating as possible for people's imaginations to run wild with their characters - this is light fantasy. Don't be bringing Khorne or Slaanesh 40k universe marines into this.

Option 2: To The North

The Willow Clan's shaman has called a meeting in the valley. Within the last six moons, sickness has been creeping through the land. Animals are dying on mass, their meat rotten by the time they fall. Trees are no longer bearing fruit and rivers are running dry.

The People are dying, not only at the hands of starvation but by the Gray Rot, a disease unknown and untouchable by even the best shaman's workings.

The Lynx clan is almost wiped out to the east. The Wolf and Bear clans are fighting for the last shreds of food. The Deer and Rowan Oak clans of the deep forest are fretful and quick to defences. In the marshes and grasslands the Otter, King Fishers, Boar and Horse clans have fallen weak..forced to break the sacred rule of the gods.

Do not hunt hunters - man or beast.

The Willow Shaman has seen great darkness clouding the light in the North in her visions, and sees it's seed spreading death into the earth.
The People must choose a band to head North, to the frozen land and the tree of life. There they will find the cause of Darkness. Mother guide them.

Welcome to the beginning of the Neolithic - clans and tribes form small nomadic groups who roam vast territories.
Each group has its own guardian who they are named after. Each gain strength, wisdom and abilities from their respective guardians.

This will be a tale of redemption and adventure into the unknown.
The People must travel beyond the safety of the valley and go to the North.
They must stop the sickness before all balance is lost.

While the light fades, darkness prevails with new creatures emerging as horrific and twisted versions of the natural order.

Save the valley. Save your home.

Themes: adventure, danger, dark Vs light, wendigo, skinwalkers, demons, spirits, shamans, animal transformation, old gods, war and trickery. More geese

Tagged all who commented (took that as an expression of interest) :P

The tides are turning.
Option 1, 'Verse's End: 3 votes
Option 2, To the North: 1 vote (I am so alone)

Crayons Crayons Shannon Trevor Shannon Trevor SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Malphaestus Malphaestus kesshowolf kesshowolf ONI ONI archur archur 4eyedintrovert 4eyedintrovert Addicted to Coffee Addicted to Coffee StormWolf StormWolf
MechanicalSnake MechanicalSnake
luciferssexycherikship luciferssexycherikship

Last edited:
Potentially, depending on what it ends up being. Also I laugh/cry at 20 being the older end of the demographic here. 😭

Space opera does sound fun. :)

Potentially, depending on what it ends up being. Also I laugh/cry at 20 being the older end of the demographic here. 😭

Space opera does sound fun. :)

So I use to be very flexible and dream up a plot based on my players wants/needs. So if we get any other posts I'll bring up the joint chat. From there we will narrow down themes people are interested in.

But to make things easier - how do people feel about a firefly, Sci-Fi themed rp? It's a good template for multiple adventures and themes depending on planets. :)

And hey, no crying! I'm 27 and still kicking ;) you'll be young here!

So I use to be very flexible and dream up a plot based on my players wants/needs. So if we get any other posts I'll bring up the joint chat. From there we will narrow down themes people are interested in.

But to make things easier - how do people feel about a firefly, Sci-Fi themed rp? It's a good template for multiple adventures and themes depending on planets. :)

If it's similar-ish to firefly that's ok. If it's a fandom rp of firefly it's gonna be a probably no. I'm one of those rare people who didn't like it. But that's not to say the concept isnt fun.

Yeah, I don't do great following fandoms only because I don't like people following one universe strictly. This will have room for your own OC if you so wish. Firefly would only be a template (loose term).

But I'll start thinking on it tonight after-work :)

I don't know jack about Firefly but I'd love a space opera as long as there are aliens.

We'll see what you can conjure up before definitively stating anything.

well I feel old 28 over here lol but yeah, I'd be down, that's about the pace I need for work and what not. especially if you could throw in some shifting or half-human stuff ;) might fit in as an alien or mutant.

I mean, excellent, truthfully wasn't expecting as many people to reply. Go us in our twenties and upwards!

I have a basic idea for something not space opera - bare bones with a neolithic setting and shamanistic/druid and folk lore elements.

However, I shall update the first post and tag you all when I have the basic plots for both down. Then we can vote and move forward :)

I mean, excellent, truthfully wasn't expecting as many people to reply. Go us in our twenties and upwards!

I have a basic idea for something not space opera - bare bones with a neolithic setting and shamanistic/druid and folk lore elements.

However, I shall update the first post and tag you all when I have the basic plots for both down. Then we can vote and move forward :)
cool, sounds great! i'm excited!!

Sounds fun!

I do not condone sp3ct3r's actions, but I will not dissuade them

Pfft sleep is precious not to be wasted on youths! ... So I am going to treat myself and go to bed :P

Apologies guys! I will try and get the two plots up on Friday (ended up working late). I'll tag everyone interested when I do :)

If 18-20 is oldies here, it pretty much explains why I feel so out of place trying to find an RP.
-goes to die in my coffin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back