• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Looking for a more mature group of roleplayers for a My Hero RP!

Foster

Inheritor
Hello RP Nation!

So, as the title states I'm looking for some older roleplayers to join me in a MHA roleplay. I love the series but due to its very broad audience and high school setting a lot the roleplays I see for it are occupied by younger players and although there's nothing wrong with that it's just not what I'm after as a 22 year old.

I was thinking that with the right people we could explore a more realistic and somewhat more gritty version of the MHA universe, perhaps set at a hero college/ university to facilitate the story and setting? I'm open to suggestions on that front.

Preferably I'd keep this a small affair, 4-6 people but with enough interest I'd consider extending that limit. And considering the nature of this roleplay 18+ players would be ideal.

Of course this is simply an interest check, hence why it is so light on details. So if this seems like something you would have fun with once it gets off the ground then let me know!

Um... Hi...? Sorry if I seem a bit slow right now, coffee hasn't fully kicked in just yet... XD

Anyway, I was wondering about what exactly you meant by "gritty"? Oh, right, I should probably mention that my age is 25, since it was part of the whole request bit... Anyway, as I was saying before I so rudely interrupted myself, I do have certain limits on what I will or will not do in a roleplay and wanted to know if this was going to cross any of my designated lines? (Including graphic sexual abuse, like all the horrifying details, I just can't go there. Other stuff too but that's my major, number one trigger.)

That's the main thing I wanted to ask so I'll go back to my coffee and hope I haven't crossed any lines by even asking about it. Have a good timezone, if I didn't already ruin it for you! (And I'm really sorry if I did!)

I'm getting back into BNHA recently by binging the show so I'll love to join in on this

It's been a long time since I've done a group RP, so as long as you don't mind that I'd love to join in!

Um... Hi...? Sorry if I seem a bit slow right now, coffee hasn't fully kicked in just yet... XD

Anyway, I was wondering about what exactly you meant by "gritty"? Oh, right, I should probably mention that my age is 25, since it was part of the whole request bit... Anyway, as I was saying before I so rudely interrupted myself, I do have certain limits on what I will or will not do in a roleplay and wanted to know if this was going to cross any of my designated lines? (Including graphic sexual abuse, like all the horrifying details, I just can't go there. Other stuff too but that's my major, number one trigger.)

That's the main thing I wanted to ask so I'll go back to my coffee and hope I haven't crossed any lines by even asking about it. Have a good timezone, if I didn't already ruin it for you! (And I'm really sorry if I did!)

Hey there!

I'll start by saying I appreciate you showing an interest, cheers for stopping by.

As for your concerns, I had no intention of letting anything like graphic sexual abuse crop up. It's against RPnation rules for a start I believe. If sexual abuse did somehow come up it would have to be implied at most, but preferably not at all. Hope that helped!

Everybody else, thanks for showing an interest!

And because I forgot to say it in my last response... By gritty I mostly mean that there would be more realistic consequences for actions. Fighting criminals is a dangerous job and that would be reflected in the roleplay. Perhaps the reason our characters are older is because of previous incidents with younger heroes in training? Seems like a reasonable think to implement from a legal perspective.

Would you guys be interested in a discord for out of character chatter?

Everybody else, thanks for showing an interest!

And because I forgot to say it in my last response... By gritty I mostly mean that there would be more realistic consequences for actions. Fighting criminals is a dangerous job and that would be reflected in the roleplay. Perhaps the reason our characters are older is because of previous incidents with younger heroes in training? Seems like a reasonable think to implement from a legal perspective.

Would you guys be interested in a discord for out of character chatter?

I'm down for a discord server to chat, sure!

I got a couple BNHA characters I'd like to try! And I've always liked the theoretical and more harsh side of BNHA, like with Stain. I'd be really interested in a BNHA RP with a lot more serious tones and morally gray area!

For those of you who haven't joined the discord I recommend it, but if you can't or don't want to I'll still be putting all relevant information on here as well :)

So we've decided that the roleplay will be taking place at an international hero training establishment, somewhere that opens their doors to those with potential from all around the globe.
With that in mind here is a basic outline for people to use when designing their character, feel free to add any extra features you deem neccesary.

Name:
Hero Name:
Description/ Face claim:
Country of origin:
Quirk:
Hero costume:
Personality:
History:

Um if there pops up a second one free spot I would also like to pop on in this because it seems super interesting

I've had a change of heart, with the amount of attention this is getting I'll open up to a group of 6!

The cut off for character sheets will be Saturday, at which point I'll take the 6 best.

Again, feel free to join the discord and talk things out with us : )

Castello Castello Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

Here is our lore page! What is in there is basically just a placeholder at this point, subject to change

The roleplay is now up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back