• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Looking For A Historical Romance

SandraDeelightful

Look at me, I’m Sandra Dee
Hi! I’m hoping someone might be interested in a historical roleplay. I have several ideas.

-I’m 23 (24 on the 12!) so I would prefer to roleplay with someone above the age of eighteen. I like to deal with mature subjects that I simply do not feel comfortable writing with someone underage.
-That said, of course, we’ll fade to black. I’m sure sex between our characters will be inevitable (some of my characters are prostitutes), but when things get too steamy, we cut to afterward.
-I like detailed roleplays, at least 4-5 paragraphs per response, though more is great! Please be able to respond every few days, at least. However, more is preferable. I should be able to respond once a day, at least.
-I prefer to play females, and my preferred pairing is MxF. The role I would prefer is in bold.
-I have plenty of ideas listed below. They’re mostly basic outlines, though I do have other ideas for them. I love working together and brainstorming ideas.

Kept Woman
(1700s)

Muse A has been forced into a life of prostitution by her scheming mother, who wants her to find a keeper, a rich man who will take care of her. She eventually finds one in the form of a wealthy, but married and cruel lord. Muse B, his brother, comes to visit, and he does not have a high opinion of her due to her profession, and she finds him to be a snob. However, as he continues to visit, the two end up forming a close friendship, that blossoms into a romance. However, their vastly different social classes, his brother's jealousy, and her mother's money-hungry ways threaten the relationship they form.

An Unpardonable Sin
(1700s)

Muse A is a young woman convicted of murder in self defense. She is given the choice of hanging or going to the colonies as an indentured servant. She chooses the latter. In the household she now serves in, she’s taunted and ostracized as a murderer. One day, after being pushed too far, she blows up at Muse B, the son of her master, not realizing who he is. Upon the realization, she apologizes profusely, and the two of them strike up a friendship that eventually leads to a romantic relationship. However, because her class, and her reputation make such a relationship hard to maintain.

Blood Feud
*Inspired by the Hatfield-McCoy feud*
(1880s)

Muse A and Muse B are the children of rival families who were once good friends. However, living in such close proximity, it’s impossible for them to not run into each other. At a fair, they meet once more, and end up spending the day together. So much so that Muse A misses her ride home, and Muse B takes her back to his house. After her father finds out about it, he disowns her, and leaves her with no place to go but Muse B’s, leading to even more conflict between the families.

Gilded Age
(1880s)
Muse A is a young Irish immigrant working in the harsh conditions of a textile factory as a way to support herself and her younger sister. Muse B is the son of the factory owner, being groomed to take over his father's business. One day, Muse B is walking the factory floor, Muse A accidentally runs into him. From there, they strike up a friendship, much to the confusion of them both. As their friendship grows, so do more romantic feelings. However, Muse B is expected to marry money, and she is not seen as suitable company for a man of his status.

The Girl And The Outlaw
(Old West, 1800s)

Muse A was sent to prison for a crime he didn't commit. Bitter, he escaped prison and started a life of crime. The man who sent him to prison, now a mayor of a booming town, has a daughter, Muse B. As part of a plan to get revenge on the man who wrongfully imprisoned him, Muse A kidnaps Muse B intending on using her as leverage for her father's undoing, and disposing of her when he's done, knowing that it will cause the mayor the most amount of pain. However, as they spend time together, feelings develop, and despite resistance on both of their parts, they begin to fall in love.

Jewel Robbery
(1890s)

Muse A is a ‘gentleman thief,’ known throughout Europe, and wanted by authorities in several countries. He’s known for being polite and charming while stealing right from under the nose of high society members. He makes his way to Paris. where he sets his sights on his next target, Muse B. On her mother's side, she’s a wealthy heiress, and on her father’s side, she’s the daughter of the chief of police. He romances her and she falls in love with him, as he subtly steals her jewels from her. However, when he’s committing his final robbery, he realizes he’s fallen in love with her, too.

Forgotten
(1910s)

Muse A is a maid to Muse B's family. As Muse A works for his family, she and Muse B strike up a friendship, and as time goes by, they fall in love. However, things change with the start of World War I. They decide to marry in secret the day before they go off to war. That night they consummate their marriage and say their goodbyes. Soon after, Muse A discovers she is pregnant, and that Muse B disappears. Muse B is later assumed dead. After Muse A's pregnancy is discovered, she is fired, but she stays near the manor. Years later, by the end of the war, she is struggling to support herself and her daughter. One day Muse A sees Muse B, however, he doesn't recognize her, and Muse A discovers that he has lost his memory.

The Housekeeper's Daughter
(1910s)

Muse A is the son of a wealthy lord, expected to marry someone who is equal or above his station. Muse B is the daughter of his family's housekeeper and gardener, raised by and then taking care of her grandparents. One day, they meet and a friendship forms between the two of them. Slowly, they begin to fall in love, eventually wanting to marry. They tell their parents, angering both sets. Muse A's parents think this is just a childish folly that needs to be set aside. Muse B's parents think she's getting above herself, and want her to marry someone who is stable and secure. While both Muse A and Muse B are pushed to suitors their parents think are appropriate, they both find themselves coming back to each other.

A Heart Divided
(1920s)

Muse A is the daughter of a powerful mob boss, sheltered from everything her father does. Muse B is the son of a rival boss, groomed since childhood to take his father's place. They meet by chance one day, neither knowing who the other is, and there is a mutual attraction between them both. They continue to meet, their friendship turning into a romantic relationship. However, as their relationship escalates, so does the war between the two families.

Star Witness
(1930s)

Muse A is a gangster's moll who is tired of constantly living a life of danger and is eager to get out, yet fearful of those whom she has come to associate with. Upon meeting Muse B, a district attorney intent on prosecuting those involved in organized crime, she finally gets the courage to testify against the mobsters she knows. However, when word of this gets, out, this puts a target on Muse A's back, and Muse B is forced to protect his star witness, as he tries to have them arrested and bring them to trial. As they spend more time together, Muse A trusts Muse B more and more and continues revealing darker secrets, worse than he could have ever imagined. While they continue this professional relationship, it begins to get more and more romantic as the two start to fall in love.

Framed
(1930s)

Muse A is a young woman who has had to resort to prostitution to support herself in the depression, and her young child she's had out of wedlock. One night, one of her frequent (and least liked) clients is found murdered shortly after visiting her. Muse B, the detective assigned to the case comes to question her about it and believes her when she claims her innocence. There is an instant attraction between the two, and many of Muse B's colleagues believe that it is hindering the case as more and more evidence arises that Muse A is, in fact, guilty. However, throughout it all, she maintains her innocence, and the two of them slowly start to embark on a romantic relationship while trying to clear her name.

Winner Takes All
(1930s)

Muse A is considered the best cat burglar in London. One night he is caught in the act by the woman he is robbing, Muse B. They end up striking up a conversation and a mutual attraction forms. However, Muse B is engaged to the former partner in crime of Muse A, who claims to have given up on life outside the law, though, unknown to Muse B, he still continues on, though now, he is a corrupt politician. Their lives become entwined again, as he tries to get Muse A to become partners again. Thus, Muse A and Muse B see each other more and more, and this makes their attraction to each other grow.

Merrily We Live
(Inspired by the film of the same name)

Muse A is a 'tramp,' a man brought down by the Depression. He is taken in by the mother of Muse B, who has managed to retain her wealth and has a habit of taking tramps in and trying to turn them back into respectable gentleman, with varying success. As Muse A and Muse B begin spending more time together, they begin to form a relationship, much to the disapproval of her family and friends.

Finally I have one more idea that isn’t quite as fleshed out, and would require a lot of brainstorming on both of our parts. It would center around a private detective and his secretary (whom I would prefer to play).​

Last edited:
Hi! I’m hoping someone might be interested in a historical roleplay. I have several ideas.

-I’m 23 (24 on the 12!) so I would prefer to roleplay with someone above the age of eighteen. I like to deal with mature subjects that I simply do not feel comfortable writing with someone underage.
-That said, of course, we’ll fade to black. I’m sure sex between our characters will be inevitable (some of my characters are prostitutes), but when things get too steamy, we cut to afterward.
-I like detailed roleplays, at least 4-5 paragraphs per response, though more is great! Please be able to respond every few days, at least. However, more is preferable. I should be able to respond once a day, at least.
-I prefer to play females, and my preferred pairing is MxF. The role I would prefer is in bold.
-I have plenty of ideas listed below. They’re mostly basic outlines, though I do have other ideas for them. I love working together and brainstorming ideas.

Kept Woman
(1700s)

Muse A has been forced into a life of prostitution by her scheming mother, who wants her to find a keeper, a rich man who will take care of her. She eventually finds one in the form of a wealthy, but married and cruel lord. Muse B, his brother, comes to visit, and he does not have a high opinion of her due to her profession, and she finds him to be a snob. However, as he continues to visit, the two end up forming a close friendship, that blossoms into a romance. However, their vastly different social classes, his brother's jealousy, and her mother's money-hungry ways threaten the relationship they form.

An Unpardonable Sin
(1700s)

Muse A is a young woman convicted of murder in self defense. She is given the choice of hanging or going to the colonies as an indentured servant. She chooses the latter. In the household she now serves in, she’s taunted and ostracized as a murderer. One day, after being pushed too far, she blows up at Muse B, the son of her master, not realizing who he is. Upon the realization, she apologizes profusely, and the two of them strike up a friendship that eventually leads to a romantic relationship. However, because her class, and her reputation make such a relationship hard to maintain.

Blood Feud
*Inspired by the Hatfield-McCoy feud*
(1880s)

Muse A and Muse B are the children of rival families who were once good friends. However, living in such close proximity, it’s impossible for them to not run into each other. At a fair, they meet once more, and end up spending the day together. So much so that Muse A misses her ride home, and Muse B takes her back to his house. After her father finds out about it, he disowns her, and leaves her with no place to go but Muse B’s, leading to even more conflict between the families.

Gilded Age
(1880s)
Muse A is a young Irish immigrant working in the harsh conditions of a textile factory as a way to support herself and her younger sister. Muse B is the son of the factory owner, being groomed to take over his father's business. One day, Muse B is walking the factory floor, Muse A accidentally runs into him. From there, they strike up a friendship, much to the confusion of them both. As their friendship grows, so do more romantic feelings. However, Muse B is expected to marry money, and she is not seen as suitable company for a man of his status.

The Girl And The Outlaw
(Old West, 1800s)

Muse A was sent to prison for a crime he didn't commit. Bitter, he escaped prison and started a life of crime. The man who sent him to prison, now a mayor of a booming town, has a daughter, Muse B. As part of a plan to get revenge on the man who wrongfully imprisoned him, Muse A kidnaps Muse B intending on using her as leverage for her father's undoing, and disposing of her when he's done, knowing that it will cause the mayor the most amount of pain. However, as they spend time together, feelings develop, and despite resistance on both of their parts, they begin to fall in love.

Jewel Robbery
(1890s)

Muse A is a ‘gentleman thief,’ known throughout Europe, and wanted by authorities in several countries. He’s known for being polite and charming while stealing right from under the nose of high society members. He makes his way to Paris. where he sets his sights on his next target, Muse B. On her mother's side, she’s a wealthy heiress, and on her father’s side, she’s the daughter of the chief of police. He romances her and she falls in love with him, as he subtly steals her jewels from her. However, when he’s committing his final robbery, he realizes he’s fallen in love with her, too.

Always Goodbye
(1900s)

Muse A is the son of a wealthy nobleman, expected to marry someone of equal or higher standing. Muse B is the daughter of the housekeeper and gardener who work on his estate, sent away at a young age to live with and later take care of her grandparents. They meet one day, and a friendship forms between the two of them, that eventually turns into love. Both sets of parents, however, are unhappy with the match. Muse A’s parents think he is throwing his life away on a silly folly. Muse B’s parents think she is getting above herself. They try to maintain their relationship, though it gets tougher under pressure. Even when suitors enter their lives, they are still drawn to each other.

Forgotten
(1910s)

Muse A is a maid to Muse B's family. As Muse A works for his family, she and Muse B strike up a friendship, and as time goes by, they fall in love. However, things change with the start of World War I. They decide to marry in secret the day before they go off to war. That night they consummate their marriage and say their goodbyes. Soon after, Muse A discovers she is pregnant, and that Muse B disappears. Muse B is later assumed dead. After Muse A's pregnancy is discovered, she is fired, but she stays near the manor. Years later, by the end of the war, she is struggling to support herself and her daughter. One day Muse A sees Muse B, however, he doesn't recognize her, and Muse A discovers that he has lost his memory.

The Housekeeper's Daughter
(1910s)

Muse A is the son of a wealthy lord, expected to marry someone who is equal or above his station. Muse B is the daughter of his family's housekeeper and gardener, raised by and then taking care of her grandparents. One day, they meet and a friendship forms between the two of them. Slowly, they begin to fall in love, eventually wanting to marry. They tell their parents, angering both sets. Muse A's parents think this is just a childish folly that needs to be set aside. Muse B's parents think she's getting above herself, and want her to marry someone who is stable and secure. While both Muse A and Muse B are pushed to suitors their parents think are appropriate, they both find themselves coming back to each other.

A Heart Divided
(1920s)

Muse A is the daughter of a powerful mob boss, sheltered from everything her father does. Muse B is the son of a rival boss, groomed since childhood to take his father's place. They meet by chance one day, neither knowing who the other is, and there is a mutual attraction between them both. They continue to meet, their friendship turning into a romantic relationship. However, as their relationship escalates, so does the war between the two families.

Star Witness
(1930s)

Muse A is a gangster's moll who is tired of constantly living a life of danger and is eager to get out, yet fearful of those whom she has come to associate with. Upon meeting Muse B, a district attorney intent on prosecuting those involved in organized crime, she finally gets the courage to testify against the mobsters she knows. However, when word of this gets, out, this puts a target on Muse A's back, and Muse B is forced to protect his star witness, as he tries to have them arrested and bring them to trial. As they spend more time together, Muse A trusts Muse B more and more and continues revealing darker secrets, worse than he could have ever imagined. While they continue this professional relationship, it begins to get more and more romantic as the two start to fall in love.

Framed
(1930s)

Muse A is a young woman who has had to resort to prostitution to support herself in the depression, and her young child she's had out of wedlock. One night, one of her frequent (and least liked) clients is found murdered shortly after visiting her. Muse B, the detective assigned to the case comes to question her about it and believes her when she claims her innocence. There is an instant attraction between the two, and many of Muse B's colleagues believe that it is hindering the case as more and more evidence arises that Muse A is, in fact, guilty. However, throughout it all, she maintains her innocence, and the two of them slowly start to embark on a romantic relationship while trying to clear her name.

Winner Takes All
(1930s)

Muse A is considered the best cat burglar in London. One night he is caught in the act by the woman he is robbing, Muse B. They end up striking up a conversation and a mutual attraction forms. However, Muse B is engaged to the former partner in crime of Muse A, who claims to have given up on life outside the law, though, unknown to Muse B, he still continues on, though now, he is a corrupt politician. Their lives become entwined again, as he tries to get Muse A to become partners again. Thus, Muse A and Muse B see each other more and more, and this makes their attraction to each other grow.

Finally I have one more idea that isn’t quite as fleshed out, and would require a lot of brainstorming on both of our parts. It would center around a private detective and his secretary (whom I would prefer to play).​
I would to do glided age.

I'm interested in A Kept Woman! Feel free to send me a PM if you're still looking and I can tell you a bit more about myself and my writing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back