• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings literate & laid back [updated with plots! ; dark/mature] (ignore post count)

ghostling

doing ok, cowboy?
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
fàilte, a chairdean

• 18+ only; i'm 21, i don't rp with minors

• if you have a writing sample or some threads i can look at that'd be grand but it's not a dealbreaker

• i reply pretty sporadically, hence the "laid back". i might manage five replies one day but then take five days to write one. RP is a hobby, not a job, and sometimes i just don't feel like it -- pressure sucks the fun out of it, so please be patient & i'll do the same for you!

• length of replies varies depending on the scene but expect at least ~300 words, up to 1k for intros/establishing posts

• third person past tense, please

• mainly m/m, f/f, nb/nb

• i don't know what doubling is, but i know i don't want to do it

importantly - please be willing to communicate & develop the plot along with me. my longest-lasting RPs have been kept alive through good communication & mutual interest. i'm happy chatting ooc too!

what i like: meet ugly, meet cute, unhealthy relationships, complex relationships, horror, violence, university aus, coffee shop aus, prison/institution/boarding school aus, drug use, star-crossed lovers, friends to lovers, enemies to lovers, enemies in general actually, hurt/comfort, a little fluff here and there yeah sure, love-hate relationships, angst, brothers, stepbrothers, closeted/out, “straight”/gay, gangs, angst, secret/forbidden/hidden relationships, omegaverse/abo, road trips, cheating, betrayal, loss, 20s/30s/40s era, low/med-fantasy, low-level scifi, travelling adventures, age gaps (no underage), opposites attract, cultural differences, disapproving parents, religion, one-sided relationships, war settings, survivalism (in various interpretations). feel free to make suggestions too, especially if you have something a bit weird/dark you've been wanting to do but afraid to ask your friends about (lol).

original plots (can you tell i've been playing a lot of gta lately):

*** FALSE ALARM: A is essentially a hired thug for one of the most powerful, violent, and wealthiest gangs in the city. B is the sheltered child of a businessman (or just an innocent bystander) who inadvertently gets caught up in a heist/kidnapping/robbery involving their father. against their better judgement, A decides to go out of their way to protect B from the chaos they've found themselves in the middle of.

THE SETUP: A and B have been partners in crime since they met, when they were just out of their teens. years later, they're hardened criminals with years of experience under their belt. they're about to attempt the biggest heist of their careers. sod's law applies: if something can go wrong, it will. and it does. alternately, could play a prologue to this where a couple of fresh-faced low-lifes run into each other right at the beginning of their respective descents into crime.

- more to come as & when i think 'em up -

fandoms (aus welcome for most):
peaky blinders - michael/isaiah, tommy/arthur, tommy/alfie
trainspotting - renton/sick boy, pretty much any m/m pairing
les mis - marius/enjolras, grantaire/enjolras, javert/jvj
bioshock - jack/atlas, in universe ocs
gtav - trevor/michael
dunkirk - collins/farrier, alex/tommy, tommy/gibson
vikings - ragnar/athelstan, ragnar/rollo
inception - eames/arthur
MCU - steve/bucky, tony/peter (aged up)
bloodborne - in universe ocs
the martian - beck/watney
true detective - marty/rust

but ocs are good too! always down for ocs. sorry for the wall of text, kudos if you read this far, PM or comment if interested.

Last edited:
Hihi, I'm in your age bracket and I promise I can write well (I haven't got any samples on my phone here).
I like your pairings but I had some dark ideas you might like.
-underdog x dangerous sociopath
-troubled past x mentally broken

Hey there!
I would be interested in doing a dark rp with you if you would like. Maybe something gang related and with drug use.
Or else I would also be up for doing a Sirius and Remus pairing.
Write to me if you are interested. :)

Ahh yes absolutely!! Still looking? If so message me?! (:

trainspotting <3

but that's not the reason I'm here, the reason I'm here is for the WWI/WWII craving and I have a proposition for you which is mxm!

Y/C is a practised field surgeon in a pop-up French hospital (think The Crimson Field if you've ever watched it) and M/C is a porter/nurse on the hospital floor who has just arrived, he has some sort of physical problem which means he cannot be on the frontlines (nothing major, probably not historically accurate for him to be there at all if that was the case but we can let that one slip)

They both come from varying social backgrounds (perhaps your character has worked his way up despite being working class, mine could be from a high regarded family with links to aristocracy), but there's just a spark, perhaps brought on by the daily trauma they witness - maybe there is an age gap there too, M/C could just be leaving his teens and yours into his late 20s/30s

let me know if that interests you

i'd be interested in something taking place during a WWII setting :0 but there's a lot you put up there that seems super interesting if you're craving something else!

Hey! I really like your ideas and concepts. I have a small idea for unhealthy relationships dynamic perhaps it's like a roommates best friends that could turn into a romance between two dudes who aren't very good for each other. They could both be bad in their own ways and just make each other worse type of way. I'm new so I can't message you or I would. ^^;

Hi! I'm always up for Rping MXM unhealthy relationships. Pm me if you are Interested :)

bumping with a plot i wanna dooOOOoooo --

FALSE ALARM: A is essentially a hired thug for one of the most powerful, violent, and wealthiest gangs in the city. B is the sheltered child of a businessman (or just an innocent bystander) who inadvertently gets caught up in a heist/kidnapping/robbery involving their father. against their better judgement, A decides to go out of their way to protect B from the chaos they've found themselves in the middle of. (i'd love to do f/f for this, got a character all ready 2 go)

I'd be interested in doing false alarm! Are you planning on playing A or B?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back