• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Lichbane: An Underdog's Epic

DemetrioMachete

Messiah of the New Night
latest

Imagine, if you will: a Kingdom that is vast, bountiful, and protected by an army of valiant knights, and commanded by a wise king.

This story...
is not about that Kingdom.

latest

What about a lawless city abandoned by its priestly leaders, with roving bands of inquisitors roaming the streets, flaying alive anyone they deem a heretic. The streets run red with innocent blood and the sound is broken by the screams of the Undead.

No, that isn't where we start, either.

3b2137c245275f2aa5a91db26fdea0fb.jpg

This sto- *cough* ahem. This story begins with the makeshift town of Dumstaden, once a great kingdom of its own, it fell to ruin after an unknown point. It's empty capitol city was claimed by the kingdom of Vanlig, which uses the ruins of Dumstaden as a place where they condemn the cowardly, the physically and mentally disabled, as well as the insane to live out their lives in what they are lead to believe is a "Playground of Adventure." They were none the wiser, or at the very least, too weak or afraid to take action. Their disregard for their surroundings has only managed to further worsen the conditions of Dumstaden.

One day, the moon rose over Dumstaden, and never went back down. An undead Wizard had made it's lair in the very deepest part of the ruins, and as the residents of Dumstaden soon found out, this Wizard had kidnapped the princess! This knowledge came to be when the Kingdom of Vanlig's four greatest protectors arrived in Dumstaden, walked into the heart of the ruinous city... And never returned.

And so now the residents of Dumstaden must take it upon themselves to find and subdue this Undead Wizard, rescue the Princess, and prove to their king in Vanlig that they are far more competent than the King has believed them to be, and with the defeat of the Undead Wizard, They who lands the final blow will be bestowed the title "Lichbane".

Calling it now.

The princess is the lich.

The king is also a lich.

That old man by the entrance? Also a lich.

Your grandmother? Lich.

That lich over there? You guessed it, a lich.

But the lich was in our heart all along.

Two questions: CS and how many characters can we have?
I am working on a CS and when I have it finished I will link it. A component I will be incorporating this time is a Writing Prompt, mostly to introduce me to your character and expose them to the Eternal Night.

And your number of characters I am limiting to 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back