• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Let's Travel Across Sinnoh Together!

6324_axkzgcis-png.811737
Ani374MS.png
Connor Fitzwilliam
Route 201
Interactions:

blitzfritz blitzfritz Paperface Paperface Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork
As the sound of waves faded behind him and the forest grew in front of him Connor was on the hunt for wild Pokemon. Though oddly enough they seemed to be scarce and whatever Pokemon he did find would quickly run away as if it was already spooked by something. It was a bummer but he was there to train, so it wasn't really an issue if they got away eventually it's not like he's trying to pin them down and catch them. For a lack of a better word the Pokemon around these parts were 'basic', not that it's a bad thing, but in order to become champion, Connor needed a strong team. He lucked out getting Beldum as the Hoenn region's Steven Stone has a Metagross as his ace, so needless to say Beldum's line is definitely Champion material. Plus with Cynthia being arguably the strongest out of the champions, Connor needed every advantage he could get.

"Man, we trekked all the way out here from home, and we got nothin'" Connor grumbled as Beldum followed close behind, emotionless and robotic as usual. He always wondered if the floating hunk of iron had emotions, it never seems to act out of the ordinary or by any impulses. It always surpassed Connor's calm and collectiveness, but hey you know what they say 'Like trainer like Pokemon'. Still despite the emotional dilemma Connor still felt a strong connection between him and Beldum, one many trainers are familiar with.

Both Connor and Beldum snapped to attention when they heard something off in the distance, curiosity at least took over Connor as he hoped it was a wild Pokemon or at least what was scaring all of them, maybe a rare invasive Pokemon that has appeared. Though to some disappointment, it was neither just some trainers and their Pokemon. Still said Pokemon was a new sight to behold, a Slakoth, a Popplio, and a Venipide which were Pokemon that were either extremely rare here in Sinnoh or simply didn't inhabit the region. Connor wondered if they were Foreigners or lucky trainers like him. Either way, he couldn't really tell what they were doing exactly the trainers seemed to be idly chit-chatting, but the Pokemon (Especially the Venipide) looked like they wanted to battle. That would certainly be interesting, battling other trainers if a far better training method than battling wild mons.

Still, he might as well introduce himself, hoping that they are foreigners after all and it would be a good way to try and get some battle experience in. Stepping out of the brush Connor approached the group with his little steel Pokemon in tow, "I've got a feeling you three aren't from Sinnoh."

Hearing the wise words coming from Maples lips John gave a small nod in agreement. "Maple's right you know. With enough time and dedication I'm sure you'll accomplish your dream in no time. And besides word around the grape vine is that Drayden of Opelucid City preparing his own successor? Oh what was her name again..." his voiced trailed off as he tapped his lower lip in thought. "Oh right Iris! From what my mother has told me she has a lot of potential. So just keep putting the work in Vincent and in a few years I'm sure that'll be you." Belladonna too had offered her own encouragement by shooting Vincent an enthusiastic coo.

Within moments a faint beeping noise came from John's wrist. He glanced down at the Pokétch attached to it and was surprised to see it was already noon. I am definitely getting an earful from Professor when we get there. John thought to himself. He then pushed himself off the tree tunk and reached his arms upward to stretch them. "Well you two it's not getting any earlir. Perhaps we should start making out way over. What do you say? N-Not that I'm trying to rush you two along or anything!"

Last edited:
Anemone Kekoa
Interactions: Kasey Kallisto ( Paperface Paperface ), Oliver Adel ( blitzfritz blitzfritz ), Connor Fitzwilliam ( BoneBoy BoneBoy )

C6DC1E1B-3E3E-49F8-B744-F3D439536CE6.jpeg

"Um... yeah. I'm all good," Anemone replied in a stiff manner, the young coordinator unsure of how else to reply as she tried to divert her attention away from the injuries as the trainer seemed to be leaving them unaddressed as well. Just one fleeting glance before her eyes bounced between the two trainers, both nervous and curious about these individuals. After all, while she did know that it was likely that she would meet others on this journey. She literally was meant to compete against fellow coordinators to earn the ribbons she was journeying for. Yet at the moment, she couldn't help but find herself nervous. All her attempts to assure herself that she could overcome her social panic all were forgotten about as that panic overtook her as she struggled to think of what to say as the two introduced themselves in their unique ways, both seeming to be quite the unique characters who addressed her as an unknown party.

"It's Anemone," Anemone piped up after Oliver's introduction, holding Pearl tightly as she couldn't help but find a chill fill her after speaking up, warranting attention to be placed on her.

"That's... my name. Anemone Kekoa. And um... this is my partner Pokemon. Pearl," Anemone muttered, glancing downwards only to lift Pearl up slightly who, oblivious to her trainer's shyness, made a wide smile as she attempted to bow despite having her movements be restricted due to Anemone's hold, rather curious about these strangers as well. Especially when Venti approached, Anemone and Pearl glancing down upon hearing the Ventipede.

"Oh. Hey there little guy," Anemone softly smiled as she crouched down, allowing Pearl to be closer to Venti. Only to note the challenge to the fight. Anemone blinked, recognizing the signal and being rather uncertain how to respond as Pearl quickly recognized the challenge as well, blinking out of surprise only to quickly recover from the shock with instant interest as she made a small bark in acceptance, beginning to wriggle in Anemone's grip. Anemone widened her eyes as she quickly stood up, trying to calm Pearl. "Hey hey hey. No. You can't just enter random fights... no you are not looking silly by not entering the fight. It's just better sometimes to pick your battles. And if you want to fight so badly, we can search for wild Pokemon later. Okay?"

Anemone gave the prideful Popplio a smile, warranting Pearl to huff and cease her squirming. Much to Anemone's relief. Only for the girl to tense when another trainer and his Pokemon (a Beldum this time) walked out from the underbrush. Anemone slowly loosened upon realizing it was another trainer, still tense yet relieved that her comments about having Pearl fight wild Pokemon didn't prove to be an omen for danger. Nonetheless, it seemed that this route had more people than Anemone expected. Much more than she seemed able to handle as she made a small nod to the new trainer.

"I um.... is it... is that obvious?" She muttered as she looked down at the floor, finding herself blushing a bit from embarrassment. She hadn't even gotten lost yet, at least she hoped she didn't, but she was already making it evident how she was not from around here.​

Kasey Kallisto
Listening intently to the introduction of both trainers, Kasey concluded they weren’t an immediate threat. After all, it wasn’t everyday people suddenly appeared out of the underbrush. It could just as well have been a mugging. But, in the end, it wasn’t. On one hand that was a good thing, since he wasn’t too keen on getting ambushed out in the field. On the other hand, a two-on-one brawl would’ve been a challenge he’d happily accept. “A’right, well, nice to meet you both-

Though his intonation sounded like Kasey was eager to take his leave, something about both trainers partner Pokémon made him pause. “-They’re feisty ones, aren’t they?
Both of them didn’t seem too happy with their Pokémon’s desire to battle, but if they could stick together for a while, that eagerness might serve as an example for Slakoth. Having decided for himself that they’d be traveling together, he just needed to inform them about it. “Where are you two headin’ anyway-

Once again, something made Kasey pause. Directing his gaze at the underbrush that’d just spat out another stranger. “Are you jokin’..?

Fed up with the utter ridiculousness of the situation, Kasey moved in on the newcomer. “And I’ve got a feelin’ you ain’t from Route 201, but it sure seems like a lot o’ people are livin' in those bushes.

“Slaa-aa~”

Wha-“ The call of his Pokémon made him glance back. Letting out a sigh upon seeing Slakoth’s drowsy expression. Closing his eyes for a moment, Kasey massaged the bridge of his nose. Trying to deal with the jarring nature of what just happened for the second time in such a short timeframe. “A’right, you’re right,” he started after a moment of silence, opening his eyes and directing his gaze back at the stranger, “I’m from western Kalos, name’s Kasey, …and you are?

Interactions: blitzfritz blitzfritz Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork BoneBoy BoneBoy
Mentions: N/A

Vincent Jameson

Vincent was frankly caught off-guard by the amount of moral support that Maple, John, and their Pokémon had given to him once he had expressed his doubts, and he felt his chest getting a bit warm. Vincent had just met the two of them, and already they were giving him such great moral support. "T-thanks..." He uttered, getting a bit choked up.

The tender moment was cut short as John's Pokétch started to beep. "Oh, of course! Sorry if I held you up any. Let's go see that Professor!" Vincent picked up Zach and placed him on his shoulder. "Every grand play begins with but a single line, as a journey begins with a first step."

Interactions:
_Graphite_ _Graphite_
Pumpkid Pumpkid

Oliver Adel
Route 201 / Interaction(s): Kasey [ Paperface Paperface ], Anemone [ Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork ], and Connor [ BoneBoy BoneBoy ]​

So the two unknown trainers were named Kasey and Anemone. Pretty names, if she had to be honest. And as Venti tucked himself back into the space between the coat fluff and Oliver's neck, they stuffed their hands back into their pockets and listened. "It's nice to meet the both of you as well.~"
And then, another trainer showed up before she could answer Kasey's next question. It was a boy with a Beldum, and the question made Oliver a bit curious. Of course, Kasey butt in first with his own quip, but she figured that they should get a bit of a jab in as well. Stolen thunder...
"No, we're not. But if we're getting into specifics, i'm from Unova; jumped from Nimbasa to Castelia and then to Virbank and back because of my father. And-" they gave a skip over to Anemone before facing Connor again, "-i'm Oliver Adel. The Venipede on my shoulder-" she also tilted over a bit so that Venti could be shown, "-is Venti."
She then remembered the question that Kasey asked, and quickly turned to him, "Hey, Kasey, to answer your question earlier: I was planning to explore Sinnoh for a bit, and the closest town is Sandgem. I was heading there for the time being until I get word on the next contest."
She gave a smile to Anemone for a moment, as they sensed that the poor girl was nervous. Couldn't be helped, her Alolan starter was evident that she wasn't a Sinnoh native.

Last edited:
Maple Westly
Location: Route 201 / Interactions: Vincent and Johnathan quadraxis201 quadraxis201 _Graphite_ _Graphite_

Maple jolted as Johnathan hinted his rush. An appointment with a professor must be urgent and here she is keeping him from advancing. "O-ok." She stuttered and clasped her hands standing on the other side of John for him to lead. "Sorry to have kept you long. Please lead the way."

Once they started walking she began to revert to her timid self. The adrenaline of being danger and saved after boosted her courage to talk to them. It was as though her life flashed which is an over exaggeration. The longer she thought about moments ago, the more embarrassed she felt, questioning herself. She wanted to hide or run, but it would be rude to allow her personality to win and change her mind. They would be sad and frankly, are a kind group that would understand if she just talked to them, right?" Croagunk once again notices his trainer's skittishness coming back as she walked in silence with her own thoughts. He sighed and shook his head.

"Heh. I couldn't have said it any better myself." With a quick adjustment to his backpack John reached reached down to pick up Belladonna and raised her up to sit on his shoulder. Luckily for the group a small breakage in the clouds allowed for rays of sunshine to pierce through. This was something that John was appreciative of has without the current use of his jacket he found the temperature to be a little more bearable than earlier. Though this was a sacrifice he was willing to make for Maple's sake. Before making their first steps towards Sandgem Town John took a quick glance at the two before him. In all likelihood the three of them would go their separate ways but he even so he was going to make the most of it while he could.

After a few moments of walking in silence John took a quick glance at Maple. From the expression on her face John could tell that something was bothering her. Though he decided that it was best to not pry into her personal affairs and instead opted to break the silence. "You know we've heard so much about Vincent and his aspirations, but we really haven't heard all that much about you Maple. Would you mind sharing a little bit about yourself?"

Maple Westly
Location: Walking through Route 201/ Interactions: Johnathan _Graphite_ _Graphite_ & Vincent quadraxis201 quadraxis201
Maple's shoulders jolt easily startled as Johnathan directed his question to her. Her aspirations? Something about her? She shrunk not really wanting to say not because they were still strangers, but because she didn't know herself. She was on a journey of self-worth and to figure herself out. The brunette hangs her head staring intently at the ground wondering what to say. It couldn't hurt to answer a simple question, right? She nods in agreement still staring at the ground. "I'm...a girl..." She started. A habit of stating her gender due to her older brothers always being the ones to handle patrons. Her uniform didn't help distinguish their gender either given how she has her hair tucked away in a hat. She could tell the boys are probably quirking a brow puzzled. " ...and a trainer." She proceeded. "Although I'm more of a traveler than a trainer. I don't fancy battles and they're not my forte anyway." She admitted hoping the pair wouldn't be too shocked or weirded out that she doesn't like pokemon battles.

"It...probably sounds c-crazy, but I'm a pokemon breeder along with two of my older brothers. We have a daycare center, but I wanted to depart that life so I can see more of the world before becoming a full-time breeder. I don't know what I want to do yet, but as long as it involves pokemon, I'm okay with it." She smiles softly envisioning herself in a lively, green meadow surrounded by pokemon, attending to their needs while they thank her. She hummed content as her lips tug into a smile.

Vincent Jameson

John had asked Maple to share what she wanted out of life, and both Trainer and Zorua listened when Maple spoke. Rather than being weirded out like Maple was expecting them to be, Vincent was actually supportive. "I don't see anything wrong with that. Sure, Gyms, the Pokémon Leagues for each region, and the battles that come with them are appealing for a lot of people, but you know what? There's more to having Pokémon than just having them fight each other. Of course, I do find tournaments on TV exciting, don't get me wrong... it's like watching a dramatic play unfold before my eyes... but at the end of the day, humans and Pokémon have coexisted as friends for centuries. To those that simply want to make Pokémon happy and not worry about battling, I say... go ahead and do that! Even if my Pokémon lose a battle, that's okay. I still think of them as my friends." Zach gave a wide, toothy grin as he giggled in agreement. "You gave me a good pep talk just now, so that's my way of returning the favor, okay? And, another thing..." Vincent looked over his shoulder towards Maple, a small smile on his face. "...please don't let what I said get you down, about how Zoruas are super hard to find in Unova. That was Unova I was talking about-- you think maybe you'll find a fox buddy of your own here? After all, I heard rumors that Zoruas had appeared somewhere in Hoenn, so why not Sinnoh? There's a whole region's worth of places to search, y'know?"

Interactions:
Pumpkid Pumpkid
_Graphite_ _Graphite_

John couldn't help but utter a light chuckle at Maple's opening words. It wasn't something he intentionally did to upset the girl or to poke fun at her; it was just adorable is all. Though upon seeing how difficult it was for her to open up to them John simply remained quiet and listened to her intently. However, much to the girl's dismay John was indeed visibly surprised about her statement of being a Pokémon trainer who preferred to keep away from battles. While it was rather strange he didn't think any less of her. Hearing Vincent's words of encouragement John decided to add in his own thoughts. "Mhmm being a Pokémon trainer is about the adventure and the memories you make: exploring the world, building a stronger bond with your Pokémon, meeting new people and making new friends." Of course this was something that he had to practice more than preach.

Hearing how Maple left her family buisness to explore the world made him smile. "Well no one can fault you for that. Besides you have your whole life ahead of you before you make any major life decisions. For now just be you and do as you'd like." As his words left his lips John silently averted his gaze to the ground. He wholeheartedly meant what he told Maple, but he couldn't help feel as if that was more for himself than anything else.

Maple Westly
: Walking through Route 201 / Interactions: Johnathan _Graphite_ _Graphite_ & Vincent quadraxis201 quadraxis201
Maple raises her head up at Vincent as he gave her words of encouragement. Most people who bothered to ask would look at her as if she was insane and question her about why even bother to go on a perilous journey? In retrospect, some pokemon battles are to be used for safety reasons such as wild pokemon who attack over territory or out of nowhere just as she had the incident with Bidoof. Perhaps making friends isn't a bad idea to take off some of the stress. It's likely a selfish thought, but maybe it could benefit both parties and create a genuine friendship? Her smile faded when Vincent mentioned returning the favor. 'So it was just a payment then?' She thought. She shook the terrible thought away and clutched the satchel again. The dark user was attempting to quell her insecurities, but her overthinking tended to ruin the attempt. Luckily, it was not futile after hearing her ideals are valid just as his are, and being a pokemon trainer participating in battles was just a popular trend. She would love to see more than just battles be a trend, but is there anything other than that?

It brought Maple's smile back when Vincent said no matter what happens even in a battle, his pokemon will remain his friend. It's a relief to know that strength doesn't matter. It certainly doesn't to her, though she doesn't participate in battles. The teen followed up with a small apology for her not to worry about catching a Zorua. It did help relieve the weight whenever she encounters a Zorua.
She returns the smile towards Zach. John then added his own words of advice about enjoying the adventure rather than thinking about the future. 'He has a point there' You mentally agreed. Why worry about the state of the future when she just started her voyage on Sinnoh two weeks ago. It was absurd that she could allow such a depressing thought to weigh her down. A small chuckle escapes her lips. "Thank you...guys. That's the first time anyone has accepted my thoughts and continue to walk with me. You guys are definitely different than most." Maple looks ahead actually looking forward to her adventure with her new companions. "Johnathan." She chirped. "Now it's your turn. What are your aspirations?"

"Aw shucks Maple. You're going to make me blush." John responded as he rubbed the back of his neck out of embarrassment. Truth be told he wasn't used to hearing such praise coming from other people and he quite liked it. "And hey so long as we're travelling together, and if anything were to happen, then you can count on Vincent and I to look after you and do all the battling." Realizing what he had just said John shot a quick glance in the other boy's direction hoping that he wouldn't be too upset about making such an offer without consulting him first.

When the time came for Maple to ask John about his own goals he came to a hard stop. "Right... I suppose it's my turn for show and tell isn't it?" John commented with a shakey sigh. For the first time since meeting the two John began to show his true colors. Right now the only thing he wanted to do was to hide in himself; just keep walking without saying another word, but it wasn't right. Both Vincent and Maple had shared their dreams and it was only right to return the favor. In a hushed tone he began to speak once again "Truth be told....I don't know what I want to do. My mother-" He paused a moment trying to think of better way to answer Maple's question without divulging too much. Besides how would they react if they knew the truth? Would they view him differently than they did now? Choose to keep their distance from him like so many other children did when he was growing up? Either outcome scared him and he hated it. For once couldn't he just keep this secret and be himself. With another sigh he finally continued on, "Let's just say there's too much to be expected of me and I don't want to let those closest to me down..." To not fail his mother that was the only thing that mattered. From the top of John's shoulders Belladonna let out a solemn coo as she gently rested her arms upon his head.

Vincent Jameson

"You're welcome." Vincent sincerely replied to Maple when she expressed her thanks. There wasn't much more he could say-- this group of three had already proved themselves to be their own moral support team.

Now, it was John's turn to talk about his dreams, but not before mentioning to Maple that he and Vincent would have to do the bulk of the battling since Maple was more of a pacifist, which Vincent didn't mind. "That's fine." He said to John. "I'll need to get plenty of battle experience, anyway." Once John began to actually share his aspirations, Vincent somewhat understood the idea of wanting to meet the expectations of others. "Like I said, John-- both of my parents are stars of the stage, and they wanted me to follow in their footsteps when I got older. What I wanted to do is sort of like that, and when I get the position of Gym Leader, I'll still be carrying on that dream of theirs for me, just in a different way. So, you know what Zach and I think? You've got this." Vincent gave John a thumbs-up.

Interactions:
Pumpkid Pumpkid
_Graphite_ _Graphite_

Maple Westly
: Walking through Route 201/ Interactions: Johnathan _Graphite_ _Graphite_ & Vincent quadraxis201 quadraxis201

Johnathan's explanation was shorter and upsetting than expected. It was as though behind his kindness there was something dreary. Expectations are a commonly stressful adaption to apply on a teen. She understood with the care taking business just as Vincent admitted to his on stage life. It made more sense why entertainment would be added to his gym as well. John seemed way more bothered about them than anyone else.

The brunette had no idea what to say except send him a small smile. She scanned the area wondering what to cheer up the atmosphere.

6324_axkzgcis-png.811737
Ani374MS.png
Connor Fitzwilliam
Route 201
Interactions:

blitzfritz blitzfritz Paperface Paperface Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork

Responses from the other trainers seemed to be mixed, perhaps barging in and spouting the obvious wasn't a good conversation starter. "Sorry," he started letting out a little chuckle, "Sinnoh can be quite tough for trainers from other regions, 'specially up north," he told them. Even for a native Sinnoian like him the eventual journey to Snowpoint was something he dreaded, people up there certainly a different breed.

"Ah right introductions, I'm Connor Fitzwilliam and this is my partner Beldum," Connor said motioning to the Iron ball Pokemon beside him which was emotionless as ever. Maybe it would wave if it had arms, but Beld won't get those until it evolves. After hearing Oliver mention contests it made him wonder, "I'm not too sure about other cities but Hearthome's pretty big on contests," he told them, Connor didn't really pay much attention to contests but he at least wanted to be helpful. "Anyways I just came from Sandgem, if ya want I can show you all the way there? I've got to ask the Professor a few things."

Anemone Kekoa
Interactions: Kasey Kallisto ( Paperface Paperface ), Oliver Adel ( blitzfritz blitzfritz ), Connor Fitzwilliam ( BoneBoy BoneBoy )
Current Pokemon: Pearl (Popplio)

C6DC1E1B-3E3E-49F8-B744-F3D439536CE6.jpeg

As everyone introduced themselves to the newcomer, Anemone found herself presented with bits and pieces of new information about those who surrounded her. Where they were from. More hints about their personalities. Even what they were doing in their forest. But one piece of information stuck out to her quickly. Oliver's mention of contests. And this was evident, the bushy-haired girl quickly perking up upon hearing Oliver nonchalantly explain her plans, her gaze quickly lifting from the ground to look at them.

Only to see they were looking right at her as well with a comforting smile. Her blush deepened, realizing how nervous she must have looked. Nonetheless, Anemone gave them a small smile back. Not the most confident smile but an attempt. Especially since internally, she was panicking. After all, Oliver basically heavily implied they were a coordinator as well. Which was great! After all, Anemone had never really met someone who was interested in contests, let alone a coordinator. But also... that would mean they'd likely have to compete against each other. And the thought of that was nerve-wracking. Anemone bit the inside of her cheek, maintaining her smile but beginning to debate whether she should say something or not. Finally, she opened her mouth to speak and ask Oliver if they were a coordinator as well.

Only for the newcomer, who introduced himself as Connor, to speak. Anemone tensed, startled, as she quickly spun around to face him act as though she had not forgotten about introductions in the midst of her panic. Only to find her attention quickly captured by the offer. While Anemone,

"I-i'd like that! If you don't mind," Anemone piped up only to realize she never did introduce herself to Connor.

"And I'm Anemone Kekoa. I'm from Alola. Specifically Hau'oli City. And this is Pearl, my partner," She muttered at a quieter volume with a sheepish smile and the Popplio repeated her attempt at bowing.

"And I was also heading to Sandgem..." Anemone found herself, taking a small breath in, inhaling and exhaling out with a sigh, as she shot a quick glance at Oliver before looking back at Connor with that same nervous grin, doing all she can to muster the courage to reveal this bit of information to potential competition. "To... see where the first contest is at well. I heard you can find information on that in the Pokemart."

John's eyes remained glued to the ground as Vincent spoke. To the others it may have appeared as though he wasn't paying attention but the boys words did echo in his mind. He really wanted to take those words to heart but how could he? No matter how hard he tried, no matter how much he tried to prove himself as a capable trainer he knew his abilities would always be considered inferior to Cynthia's own achievements. How hypocritical could he be? Here he was offering words of encouragement to his new companions, and they were most likely taking them to heart so why couldn't he? With a deep sigh he finally brought himself to respond, "Thanks Vincent those words really mean a lot." He wholeheartedly meant what he said but his voice lacked any real substance. Seeing Maple shoot him a smile he managed to send her a weak one of his own. "Come on you two we should get moving." With that he continued to move on foward.

Kasey Kallisto
Whether Kasey was overly skeptical regarding the situation, or the others too naïve, it wasn’t difficult to tell they’d be sharing the same road to Sandgem. The ever-growing group got along just fine, and he wasn’t about to spoil the opportunity to tag along. After all, there wasn’t much more he could ask for than a couple of Pokémon with role model potential and a trainer that knew the area.

Sounds like a plan,” Kasey perked up after silently listening to the conversation, “Sandgem, Pokémart.

Stating the destination, he turned his gaze back to Connor. The corner of a smile on his wounded face. “Which way are we headin’?

While waiting for a response, Kasey kneeled. Placing his hand against the ground as a means for Slakoth to slowly climb his way onto Kasey’s back. Clinging on to Kasey’s shoulders with his lanky arms. Legs dangling lazily as if it was too much of an effort to hold on any tighter. When the feeling of Slakoth moving over his back ceased, Kasey glanced back. “Ready to head out?

“Slaa-aa~”

Seems like we’re good to go.” He added after turned his attention back on the group, his smile more pronounced than before.

Interactions: blitzfritz blitzfritz Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork BoneBoy BoneBoy
Mentions: N/A

Oliver Adel
Route 201 / Interaction(s): Kasey [ Paperface Paperface ], Anemone [ Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork ], and Connor [ BoneBoy BoneBoy ] / Current Pokemon: Venti (Venipede)​

Yep, Anemone was indeed quite nervous as it looked like. But they turned their attention back to the newcomer, who's name was Connor. Connor, with his Beldum, who offered the way back to Sandgem Town. It seems this newfound group was in unanimous agreement on going to said town, as Oliver gave a shrug of her shoulders while speaking, "Yeah, I don't mind the guide to get there."
They gave a nod to Connor, showing that they heard him on the Hearthome City contest point. They have indeed heard of Hearthome's pressure of Contests, as they were one of the biggest cities for coordinators across all the pokemon regions, save for Lilycove or Slateport City in Hoenn. Then again, Oliver didn't grow up in a coordinator region; were acting and coordinating a similar endeavor? Esmond always said they were similar jobs with different names.
That Anemone girl...she was kinda cute.
Oliver walked forward, catching up to Kasey before Ms. Kekoa's words, made them stop. Was she...? It clicked in their head, Oliver giving a knowing look back to the girl before taking a step back to address her better. "Anemone, was it...? I didn't know you were a coordinator as well.~ Friendly competition, eh, Venti?" She gave scratchies to the Venipede on their shoulder, who gave a coo. "If you need help or pointers for contests, don't be afraid to ask a fellow coordinator; i'll be glad to give you tips."
With a endearing smile to Anemone, Oliver turned right back around with a bounce in their step, hair flipping lightly as she turned. Oliver was certainly excited for the new opportunity to explore another region, let alone find more contest buddies.

All things considered the journey to Sandgem Town was quite uneventful. The occasional wild Pokemon would make its presence known in an attempt to protect its territory but upon realizing the group meant no harm they would quickly scurry away. During the early parts of their journey John continued to keep himself closed off from the other two, though as time progressed he began to open himself up once again. All in all it had taken the three of them an hour or so to arrive in Sandgem Town.

"Well here we are." John chirped to the other two as he walked through the small streets of Sandgem. Truth be told Sandgem Town wasn't all that impressive; only a few houses dotted the landscape and the most defining feature was the large lab that rested on the outskirts of town. "See that building over there? That there is the professor's lab." John added as he pointed in the direction of the building. Hearing chatter from behim him John quickly glanced over his shoulder and noticed another group entering the small town. It would appear as though they were no longer the only visitors.

Vincent Jameson

"Mmhmm." Vincent replied to John with a nod.

The group eventually reached the little town of Sandgem after a relatively peaceful journey. John had indicated Professor Rowan's lab, and both Vincent and Zach glanced at it. "Oh, good. Kind of reminds me a bit of Professor Juniper's lab, actually. Then again... I suppose that's to be expected. If it the design works, there's no need to change it."

Zach's sensitive ears twitched upon hearing the other group approaching Sandgem, and he shifted himself on Vincent's shoulder so that he faced the other way. "Oh, what is it, Zach?" Vincent about-faced as Zach re-positioned himself to face forward again, and sure enough, there was another group of what appeared to be travelers coming in.

Interactions:
_Graphite_ _Graphite_
Pumpkid Pumpkid
(Other Group Mentioned)

6324_axkzgcis-png.811737
Ani374MS.png
Connor Fitzwilliam
Sandgem Town
Interactions:

blitzfritz blitzfritz Paperface Paperface Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork , (Mentions the other group)​

Connor lead the group back to Sandgem town using the same path as before, and in an hour or so the group made it to the small town. "Welp here we are," Connor started, stopping and turning to the group, "The Pokemart should be right over there past the Pokemon center and the entrance to Route 202, I'll be in the lab or near it if you need anything," He said giving the three a short wave before headings towards the lab, noticing another ground out of the corner of his eye. This small town sure was lively today.

Connor had heard some rumors of Professor Rowan handing out Pokedexes to trainers willing to help him in his studies. Having an encyclopedia at his fingertips would be a great help for Connor in his journey, knowledge is power after all. Turning the brass doorknob Connor opened the door and peeked his head in, "Is the Professor in?" He called out, not noticing anyone in there. Rowan could be out or somewhere deeper in the lab where he couldn't hear Connor's voice. No harm in waiting here, slipping in he closed the door behind him and took a few steps deeper into the building looking around at all of the gadgets and machines scattered around the room.

Maple Westly
Location: Sandgem Town / Interactions: Johnathan _Graphite_ _Graphite_ & Vincent quadraxis201 quadraxis201 / Mentions: Group 2 (Anemone @Stitches Patchwork Kasey Paperface Paperface Oliver blitzfritz blitzfritz Connor BoneBoy BoneBoy )
e4df85d3be9d46955231f5f1c7ab6bbd.jpg The travel was rather awkward for Maple. She was already timid with her silence and the fact that at least Vincent and Johnathan did not chat amongst themselves only made Maple feel guilty for not being as talkative. Nothing but the smooth sounds of footsteps, occasional pokemon and of course her Croagunk's croaking. Thankfully, Sandgem town wasn't more than half an hour. That's when things became excitable. Her honey eyes marvels at the small village relieved to see a pokemon center and a market close by. Johnathan pointed out Professor Rowan's laboratory. It was similar to her Hoenn professor's hometown. Simple to find for beginners.

"A pokemart!" She pointed out. "I'm so glad there is a store nearby and the pokemon center too." She turns to the boys about to speak when a group from afar arrived to Sandgem at the same time. A girl with copper skin, frizzy blonde hair, another with a fluffy coat and blue hair, two other boys, one with black hair dispersing from the group into the labratory and the purple haired kid with bandages on him. She looks at him with horror wondering what happened and if he got into a similar situation as her? Perhaps the pokemon can actually be as dangerous as they say if not with a pokemon. Maple shook away the terrible thoughts and clutches her satchel. "Um...I was wondering. I have to repay boys for helping me with the Bidoof still with a snack or something." She then remembers the reason why John came. "B-but of course after meeting the professor. It would be interesting to see."

Oliver Adel
Route 201 > Sandgem Town / Interaction(s): Maple [ Pumpkid Pumpkid ] / Current Pokemon: Venti (Venipede)​

The trip to Sandgem wasn't very eventful, save for the few wild Pokemon that decided to jump out of the grass. Venti was getting antsy, and while Oliver did let him jump around her feet as she walked and let loose some energy, most of the time Venti would try to start a fight. And try to start another fight. And basically try to fight with every wild Pokemon that jumped out of the tall grass. By the halfway point to Sandgem Town, Oliver was carrying Venti tightly in their arms like a plush toy to get him to stop trying to aggravate the wild pokemon to start a fight, but that was also the point their partner Pokemon lost his steam and just accepted his circumstances; the Venipede then proceeded to nap while Oliver was carrying him.
And soon enough...the ragtag group of four have arrived in Sandgem.
Venti had woken up by this point and scuttled himself back onto Oliver's shoulders, and the trainer stretched out her arms to the sky as the four walked into the town. Quant little town, it was; nothing that Oliver grew up in, what with traveling from city to city back in her home region. It was almost...boring, in a way. And Venti could sense it too.
But something interesting caught their eye before Connor bid them adieu and left the group: a trio, composing of a girl and her Croagunk, and two boys, one with a Ralts and the other with a...Zorua?! Her eyes widened at the Unovan Pokemon before her gaze flicked back to the girl. It seemed she was nervous...
"Hmm...~" Oliver had an idea, and decided to execute it. With a bit of a bounce in her step, she gave a wave to the group that she traveled with and bounced right up next to the new girl.
"Heeeello there!" Oliver was friendly, giving a small wave to the girl while Venti chirped out a greeting as well. "Figured I should come up and say hi before you rush off, since it seems you just got here.~"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back