• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Let's Travel Across Sinnoh Together!

_Graphite_

Dreams disappear when the dreamer wakes.
For those interested here's the sign-up thread
Fandom - (Open) An RP thread based off Pokemon Platinum

(Just a reminder posts in no way need to be this long just trying to establish a beginning)

"No matter how many times I visit Lake Verity I'm still taken away by its beauty." Standing on the shoreline of Lake Verity was a young boy who quietly stared in awe at the scene before him. In the sky above a multitude of Starly happily soared through the air, peppered throughout the trees were Burmy who quietly hung from their branches careful as to not alert any hungry Starly, trudging through the snow covered forest floor was a Luxray followed by two Shinx cubs, and swimming within the crystal clear lake was a school of Magikarp and Feebas. Now John always considered himself fortunate to have been able to visit the other regions of the world such as the all too simplistic Kanto region, the bustling cities of Unova, the lesser known Orre region, the rolling hills of Kalos and Galar, and of course the sunny and tropical region of Alola. Though to John nothing could beat the beauty that was Sinnoh. All I ask is for it to be a little bit warmer. He silently thought to himself as he watched flurries of snow gently float downward.

He could stand there for hours admiring the natural beauty before him, not to mention the fact that the lake itself gave off a powerful sense of joy, but that's not what brought him all the way down from Celestic Town. His gaze soon fell upon the large cavern that rested at the lakes center. "I wonder if those stories about the Lake Guardians residing within such caved are actually true? Who knows maybe we aren't doing the observing eh Belladonna?" John commented with a light chuckle as he looked down at the blue-headed Ralts. "R-Ralts." The Pokémon coldly cooed as she turned upward towards her trainer offering him a friendly smile. "Oh come here you." John said as he reached down to grab Belladonna and brought her close to his chest in an attempt to warm her up. "Ralts!" She cried out in affection as she gently nuzzled the boys chest.

John soon returned his attention towards the caverns entrance; now he couldn't tell if it was the trick of the light or some sort of reflection but it seemed as though a ghostly shimmer hung in the air. "Hm? Now what could that be?" John muttered in curiosity. Though as quickly as it had appeared the shimmer too had disappeared. Even stranger was the fact that the joyous atmosphere had vanished; even the bustling Pokémon had retreated into the forest leaving an ominous silence hanging in the air. "Ralts..." A nervous coo from Belladonna had caught John's ear and he turned to her noticing that she was staring at something nearby. It had taken him a moment to realize that he was no longer the only visitor. Standing only a few feet away from him was a man with cyan colored haired focusing on where the shimmering figure had hovered. "...The flowing time... The expanding space... I will make it all mine one day... Cyrus is my name. Remember it... Until then, sleep while you can, legendary Pokémon of the lake bed..." The man mumbeled before turning to catch John's gaze. "Pardon me." Were the only other words that the man named Cyrus uttered before excusing himself. "Well he certainly was the odd one." John whispered as he watched the man depart. "Ralts." Belladonna cooed in agreement. Once the man had completely vanished from sight that joyous atmosphere slowly returned and a few wild Pokémon eased their way out of the forest. "Well Belladonna we should probably start making our way to Sandgem Town. Professor Rowan is expecting us and we both know how ge can get when he's kept waiting." With a chuckle, and another quck glance towards the cavern, the two made their way back onto Route 201 and departed for Sandgem Town.

Last edited:
Unlike the serenity of Lake Verity, Route 201 wasn’t quite so peaceful. Not at the moment at least. The sounds of numerous twigs snapping drowned out the calming breeze blowing through the foliage. The ones that didn’t snap off their branches were put to the test by a group of Doduo ravaging the route with seemingly endless vigor. “Ahk-! No you don’t, birdbrain!” A strained voice from amidst the horde cried out, “Some frosty talons will slow you down- Slakoth, use Icy Wind!

Slakoth?!” The voice called once more after the command seemingly fell on deaf ears, “Use Icy Wi-

Amongst the loud stomping talons another – louder – thud broke the rhythm. And when the dust settled all that remained on the flattened grass was a teenage boy with soft lavender hair and crimson streaks across his face; originating from more than a few Doduo-caused gashes. Laying on the ground, Kasey could feel the soft grass brush against his neck and see the Starly soaring overhead. For a moment he considered taking a break and watch the clouds go by, but he couldn’t. There was still training that needed to be done. Pulling his gaze away from the peaceful sky, he turned his head sideways. Laying eyes on the Slakoth that was supposed to act upon his command. Instead, the Pokémon stared back at his trainer while lying in the grass. Arms spread wide. Sporting a gaze that appeared more asleep than awake. “Slaa-aa~”

Don’t you ‘slaa-aa~’ me, where was that Icy Wind?” Kasey retorted, chiding his disobedient ‘child’ like a disappointed father, “Know what? This time I’ll pin one, right? It’ll just be target practice.

“Slaa-aa~”

Sounds like a ‘let’s do it!’ to me!

Reinvigorated by his impromptu plan, Kasey bounced back up from his floored position and took a moment to inspect the severity of the newly acquired talon-marks dotting his skin. It seemed as if for every gash that stopped bleeding another two appeared on him. But some minor injuries weren’t going to slow down their training session. Thus, Kasey's terrorizing of Route 201 continued.

Interactions: None (Open)
Mentions: None

Maple Westly
: Route 201 lost / Mentions: None/ Interactions: None
e4df85d3be9d46955231f5f1c7ab6bbd.jpg Route 201, a forest meant for begining trainers surrounded by gentle pokemon. Maple couldn't believe just how magical the woods can be as the daylight peeks through the gaps from the trees overhead planted as a pathway for travelers. Though she mentally scolded herself for her poor choice in clothes in the cold. Overall shorts and a black cropped tee with black stockings, red flannel tied to her waist and a black beany. "I knew I should have packed for a cold weather gear. How stupid can I get? If I'm going to catch ice pokemon, I have to prepare, right?" Croagunk looks up at her sending her a look that said "obviously". "No need for that face." She pouted. Croagunk's personality was similar to her brothers, always cool and sharp pointing out the obvious when she's oblivious. It used to be annoying to her, but since she started traveling, she learned to love it as if home never left her.

Her honey-brown eyes scan the area admiring the scenery and the pokemon in their habitat. She could sit and enjoy the place all day had it not been for the cold. She shivered and threw her flannel over her still frigid from the air did little to no good in warming her up. "We need to find a pokemon center fast before I freeze. Hopefully there is a store nearby that sells clo-" The brunette yelped failing to watch her step and tumble down hill and crashing into Bidoof territory. Specifically, their home. Maple came to with a groan realizing her unexpected appearance destroying the hoard of Bidoof's work. She awed at their cuteness before noticing the menacing glare closing in on her. Croagunk pointed to her seat. Immediately, she stood up and saw the destruction she has caused.

In a panic, she attempted to stack the sticks and possibly piece together the broken twigs. "Ah! I'm so sorry. I can put them together and help you rebuild I-" She gulped sweating nervously. "I'm in trouble anyways, aren't ?" Croagunk nodded stepping back with his trainer before fleeing the site only to be chased by a hoard of Bidoof. She held on to her beany and cried for help. "Today just isn't my day. Aaaaaaaaah!!!!" She screamed loud enough to scare a flock of Starly from their setting.

Last edited:
Vincent Jameson

Vincent sat beneath one of the many trees that grew on Sinnoh's Route 201. The serene calm it brought thanks to its proximity to Lake Verity helped him to concentrate on what it was he was doing at the time-- namely, sketching some Pokémon. With a pencil in his hand and his notebook resting on his lap, Vincent noticed a Bidoof stop in front of him, and while the Pokémon was inspecting Vincent, he started to trace the outline of its face. "Just hold still, okay?" Vincent said quietly to the Bidoof, who simply tilted its head and let out a "Biii~?"

"We certainly don't have anything like you around Nimbasa." Vincent replied with a soft smile.​

Curled up and sleeping comfortably against Vincent's right side was a small, black-and-red fox Pokémon that some might recognize as a Zorua. Tied gently around the Zorua's neck with string was a Soothe Bell, which let out a very quiet chime every time the Zorua exhaled as they napped.

Unfortunately, Vincent could only get as far as tracing the Bidoof's face before the sound of someone screaming spooked the Bidoof and caused it to run away. "Oh... well, at least I got its face. It was kinda cute." He stated, examining his drawing. "I guess I'll just have to find another one somewhere else." It wasn't long before the Zorua woke up as its ears twitched and it uncurled itself. "Oh, woke up, huh? Sorry about that, Zach... want to go back to sleep?" In response, the Zorua shook its head and pointed in the direction of where it believed the sound had come from. "Over there? Okay."

Vincent packed up his pencil and notebook and stood up, venturing over towards the source of the noise. When Vincent and Zach turned a corner, they saw a female Trainer and her Croagunk getting chased by a horde of less-than-happy Bidoof. It only took a quick glance at the destroyed Bidoof lodge to see why they were so upset. "Well, sure didn't take long to find another. But, she needs our help. Ready, Zach?" Both Trainer and Pokémon locked eyes, and with a coordinated nod, their plan sprung into action. "Alright... Zach, use Round!" Zach leaped into the action and emitted a loud song to attack one of the Bidoof horde in order to help draw them away from the Trainer.

Interactions:
Deary Deary (Assist)

Needless to say both John and Belladonna were dumbfounded by the sights that they beheld. Route 201 was typically a quiet road; only occasionally filled with the sounds of battle from newly appointed trainers, but today was an entirely different story. On one end the two watched as a lavender haired boy, tagged along with a Slakoth, furiously fought against a horde of Doduo. Truth be told John was rather impressed that the two strangers had come out on top, despite the fact that John could hear the boy shouting orders to his Pokémon and it didn't comply. When the other boy rose to his feet John noticed that the two were banged up quite a bit. He was about to offer the boy his assistance when Belladonna gently tugged on her trainers pant leg.

"Hm? What's the matter Belladonna?" John questioned has he glanced down at his Pokémon. "Ralts!" Belladonna frantically cried out. With her free arm she pointed in the opposite direction of the lavender haired boy. " Oh..." was the only word he could bring himself to utter as he watched a young girl be chased down by angered Bidoof. Bidoof were incredibly docile creatures so what did she do to incur their wrath? As much as he wanted to aid the lavender haired boy this took greater precedence. "Come on Belladonna this problem wont solve itself." Without a moments notice the two of them quickly made their way over.

As they arrived John was surprised to see another male trainer leading the charge against the rampaging Bidoof. "Looks like the two of you could use a hand!" Seeing as one of the Bidoof had set its sights on the occupied Zorua, John quickly took action. "Belladonna, Confusion now!" Just as other Bidoof lunged at the small dark-type Belladonna gave off a weak psychic blast the sent said Bidoof scampering off.

Maple Westly
: Route 201/ Interactions: Vincent & John quadraxis201 quadraxis201 _Graphite_ _Graphite_
e4df85d3be9d46955231f5f1c7ab6bbd.jpg Croagunk is the first to notice a stranger intercepting the chase with their partner, a Zorua. The frog pokemon stopped dead in it's track and spun on it's heel to watch. Maple in turn noticed her missing companion a few feet away. She looked back with concern recognizing a fellow trainer send a distraction to the pack of Bidoof. She watched in awe as another trainer stepped in with their partner, scurrying off the bidoof. They made is seem so easy and since Bidoof were easily lead astray, it was no surprise that a simple attack could back them off. Unfortunately, fighting is not her forte and refused to hurt any pokemon without a trainer. They were merely bystanders of the whole mess which the boys cleaned up.

The brunette walked up to the two and clapped. "Wow that was incredible! I'm not sure how you guys are able to think on your feet so quickly, but I'm very grateful." She chirped sending them a bright smile. "Thank you for saving me. I'm Maple Westly and this is my partner Crogunk." Said pokemon croaked in response. "And what are my lovely hero's name?"

Maple's last comment was quite the curveball for John. Of course she was only being curtious for them helping her out, but nevertheless an ever so subtle blush came across his face. It occurred more out of embarrassment than anything else. He quickly averted his gaze to the ground in hopes to hide his embarrassment and prayed he didn't come off as strange to the two trainers. "T-think nothing of it. We couldn't just leave you at the mercy of such vicious creatures." John managed to stutter as he forced himself to bring his gaze to meet the girls and offered her a gentle smile to let her know he was only joking. "Anyways it's a pleasure to meet you Maple, and you as well Crogunk. My name is Johnathan Amador or John for short, whichever you prefer." He then offered a small gesture towards the blue-headed Ralts that stood beside him. "And that there is my partner Belladonna."

Unlike her trainer, Belladonna had no trouble interacting with strangers. She had an incredible talent of befriending all types of people and Pokémon; even Cynthia's stern Garchomp would allow her to ride on its back from time to time. When Belladonna heard her name be told to the girl she reared her head upward eand waved one of her small stubby arms in greeting and gave out an enthusiastic "Ralts!" in greeting. Seeing the Crogunk and Zorua before her Belladonna quickly waddled her way towards them and offered them a coo in greeting as well.

Last edited:
Vincent Jameson

Vincent watched as yet another Trainer had stepped in with their Pokémon, a Ralts, who had used Confusion to stop a different Bidoof from pouncing on Zach. "I mean, there are a lot of them..." Vincent responded when John asked if they needed help. When all was said and done and the horde of angry Bidoof had been successfully repelled, Vincent stood up a bit more proudly as Zach returned to him. "Me, a hero? Why, it was nothing at all! I couldn't possibly let a dam--" Vincent caught himself before he could finish his sentence, and corrected himself as his pose became more relaxed and his voice a bit quieter. "I mean... another Trainer... get hurt like that. You have Zach here to thank for letting me know where you were, actually." Vincent crouched down and petted his Zorua on his head as he gave a "Zorua..." in response and his Soothe Bell chimed softly. "Your screaming kinda... woke him up from a nap. B-but, it's okay, Maple. I was just doing some sketching, after all. I'm Vincent... Vincent Jameson. Some back home call me 'Vinny'."

Vincent looked this way and that before tilting his head. "Except... it looks like those Pokémon all ran off. I only managed to sketch one of their faces... heh." Vincent scratched the back of his head as he gave a sheepish chuckle.

When Belladonna approached Zach to greet him, he tried to wave back, but it was a bit awkward coming from the quadrupedal Pokémon he was, and so he just grinned and said, "Zor!~"

Interactions:
_Graphite_ _Graphite_
Deary Deary

6324_axkzgcis-png.811737
Ani374MS.png
Connor Fitzwilliam
Sandgem Town --> Route 201
Interactions:

None
Listening to the distant crashing of waves was quite foreign to Connor, he was accustomed to the rocks and coal of Oreburgh. He noted the slight chill in the air, no doubt from the coastal winds but Connor was thankful he dressed a little heavier with a grey hoodie under a black bomber jacket with basic jeans and hiking boots. They were well worn but not thrashed yet. One good thing about being the oldest kid, you get the newer clothes while your siblings get the hand-me-downs.

Floating right next to his leg was a little blue Beldum, it let out a few robotic beeps to get its trainer's attention. "I know Beld, just taking in the scenery," he said, smiling back at his Pokemon. He remembered when Dad brought Beldum home, back then Mom was still aliv-

Connor shook the thought out of his head, they were fond memories but the topic was still touchy for him, It been a few years since his mother passed, but now Connor can start his adventure and become Champion, just like he promised her all those years ago.

Looking back at the professor's lab he figured it was too early to go in, "let's go get some training in, you should resist most of the wild Pokemon's attacks," Connor told his little floating steel Pokémon as it happily beeped behind him.

Last edited:
Maple Westly
: Route 201 / Interactions: Vincent quadraxis201 quadraxis201 & Johnathan _Graphite_ _Graphite_
e4df85d3be9d46955231f5f1c7ab6bbd.jpg Maple tilted her head clueless about the Bidoof joke. They weren't the dangerous type at all. She shrugged it off as he proceeded to introduce himself and his Shiny Ralts. Her eyes sparkle with interest and leans in for a closer look. "Well, hi there! It's nice to meet you. They're so cute. It's so nice to see a familiar pokemon from my region, but...they're blue? You're lucky, they're a rare one. I'd be careful with them. A lot of people like to get their hands on shiny's."

Next, she turns to Vincent who's reunited with his Zorua as he boasted giving the credit to his partner. To Maple, she found it quite humble. Again, her eyes grow starry-eyed and squats with Vincent. "A Zorua! I've always wanted one on my team. They are the cutest little pokemon. I haven't had any luck in finding them." She informed. Maple felt bad when Vincent told her that Zorua was awoken by her screaming. The last thing she wanted was to disturb the peace. "I'm sorry Zorua, thank you for helping a cluts like me." She moves her hand closer for Zorua to sniff and offer to pet them. "May I?" She asked Vincent. "Where are you all headed?"

As Vincent introduced himself John shot the boy a polite nod in his direction and offered him a "Pleasure to meet you as well." As Vincent continued to speak John quietly stood by and took the time to examine the two strangers standing before him. First on his list was Maple. Judging from her clothing alone it was quite obvious that she was not a native of Sinnoh. Perhaps a warmer region like Alola? No her complexion was much fairer than that of most Alolan's. Hmmm maybe Hoenn? John thought to himself. He then turned his gaze towards Vincent and took note of his more sophisticated style in clothing. Such outfits were common in Unova especially in the more bigger cities. Now there was something else about Vincent that John had found familiar but he couldn't exactly put his finger on it.

He was quickly snapped out of his stupor once he heard Maple address the two of them. "Hm? Oh I'm currently making my way to Sandgem Town to meet with Professor Rowan. How about you Maple?" He couldn't help but form a small smile as he watched the girl eagerly lean down to introduce herself to the small Zorua

Last edited:
Oliver Adel
Location: Route 201 / Interaction(s): Kasey [ Paperface Paperface ]​

Oliver was skipping through the route, their trusty partner Venti holding onto her shoulder in between the coat fluff and hair. Frankly, the gal had way too much energy for their own good; their poor Venipede partner was bouncing in place. "Hmm...~" She stopped for a moment, Venti shaking his body to regain his balance. She looked around for a moment, hearing and spotting a trio in the distance, but something closer caught her eye: a lone trainer with his Slakoth, seeming training by himself. So, the closer activity got their attention, and Oliver went up to it.
By the looks of things, the trainer was having enough of their Slakoth not following commands-was it above his level of training? Didn't look like it... So, Oliver watched from the sidelines, waiting on what the Pokemon would do.
But Venti had other plans upon seeing the new Pokemon. Bristling, the Venipede jumped off of Oliver's shoulder tuck and scrambled his way over to Kasey and his Slakoth, chirping out both a greeting and a challenge; it took them a moment to register, but she soon realized Venti wanted to battle and were iching for a fight. Oliver quickly rushed over to their Venipede and pulled him away from the trainer and Pokemon, stammering out an apology. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Venti just has a lot of energy right now..."

Last edited:
Anemone Kekoa
Interactions: Kasey Kallisto ( Paperface Paperface ), Oliver Adel ( blitzfritz blitzfritz )

C6DC1E1B-3E3E-49F8-B744-F3D439536CE6.jpeg“Okay. Okay. First you can do Aqua Jet. Then...” Silence. Another creative block as Anemone paused mid-sentence, pursing her lips as she stared at the sketch in front of her, a messy depiction of Pearl with scratchy lines surrounding her, meant to represent the previously mentioned water move. And here she sat, cross-legged, in the middle of a few trees in Route 201. Well at least for a moments before she released a resigned sigh, closing her journal and laying it on her lap. She was getting nowhere with this.

Anemone took a deep breath in as she leaned back, looking up at the sky. Blue and bright. Barely a cloud dotting it. The peaceful scene only interrupted by the occasional flock of Starly flying above her. Another reminder that she wasn’t Alola. Anemone bit the inside of her cheek as she processed this thought. She was here in Sinnoh. To be a coordinator. Like she dreamed. It still felt so strange. And here she was... still struggling to come up with something for the Performance Stage.

Maybe... Anemone shook her head. She should just... focus on getting there. Maybe she can get inspiration on the way. With that though, Anemone nodded to herself, her chestnut brown curls jumping ever so slightly as she quickly put her journal back in the knapsack she carried with her before standing up, looking to see Pearl, who was occupying herself by creating balloons, perk up with interest upon hearing her trainer stand up.

Anemone couldn’t help but smile at the sight, a small chuckle leaving her lips as Pearl gazed at her excitedly, anxious to continue their adventure. “Ready to g-“

Anemone couldn’t finish the sentence, being interrupted by a sudden symphony of noise. Footsteps and cries coming from the distance that sounded like...Doduo? It has been awhile since she has seen one so she wasn’t sure. Nonetheless, the noises still managed to grab both Anemone’s and Pearl’s attention as she stared at the underbrush ahead with wide curious eyes as the chorus slowly faded away, leaving them in silence.

Only to be broken a small curious cry from Pearl as the Popplio raced into the underbrush, eager to see the source of the noise and quickly alerting Anemone.

“Wait! Pearl!” The coordinator cried as she sprinting after the Popplio, entering the dense thicket of trees as she soon found her vision obstructed by branches, leaves, and her own hair. Anemone released a huff as she managed to tie her hair into quite a messy ponytail with one hand and shove branches aside with another as she continued running after the excited Popplio.

“Wait Pearl stop! You could get hurt!” She shouted after her starter as she caught sight of the navy blue sea lion Pokemon she recognized as her own, breaking out of the other side of the underbrush and diving to scoop Pearl up in her arms, holding her close with a sigh of relief.

“Jeez. You can’t just go running off like that Pearl!” Anemone scolded the Pokemon as she worriedly checked for injuries. Only to slowly realize she was not alone. Anemone glanced up when she sensed another presence only to tense upon seeing two other people, her eyes widening from surprise as she found herself standing a few feet away from two kids who did not look much older than her.

“Oh... um...” Anemone stammered, evidently unsure of what to say as she met the strangers’ eyes only to glance away nervous, awkwardly tugging a twig that got tangled in her hair out of the messy ponytail and pondering on how much of a mess she looked. After a moment or two of an uncomfortable silence, Anemone glanced back, mustering the courage to meet their eyes again.

“Um... hi... there,” Anemone stated with a small smile and awkward wave, internally dying, as she gazed down and noted the injuries marking the boy’s skin.

“You um... doing alright there?” She asked, stiffly.​

Vincent Jameson

Vincent looked down at Zach when Maple told him about how she wanted a Zorua for her team. "Oh... yeah. They're real adorable, alright. Only thing is, they're kinda mischievous to new Trainers. They don't call them the 'Tricky Fox Pokémon' for nothing." The young man told Maple as Zach began to scratch himself behind his ears as his Soothe Bell continued to chime. "It was a real pain to get one, myself. Even back home in Unova, they're rarer than Pidove's teeth. Tell you the truth, I got Zach from a Breeder, not catching him in the field. I remember the guy telling me he had just hatched from his Egg the day before I came in. I'd always wanted one myself, and well, now I do, and we're good pals." Vincent rubbed the top of Zach's head again.

When Maple placed her hand out, Zach tilted his head a bit in confusion, but Vincent softly told him, "Go ahead, say hi." Zach slowly trotted over to Maple and sniffed her hand. With a small grin, Zach nuzzled against Maple's hand. "Us? Well... I'm actually not sure where we're going, Maple. To be honest..." Vincent scratched the back of his head again. "...I was just kind of sketching amidst the tranquility of the nearby lake. Though, I suppose I'm looking for Pokémon, too-- Dark-types." Heading over to a nearby tree, Vincent leaned against it and folded his arms. "I... well, I kinda want to... uhm..." Vincent paused for a brief moment, then finished his sentence. "...one day, I wanna be a Gym Leader for Dark-types... y'know? Yeah, yeah... I know our Elite Four has Grimsley, but why is it that the Elite Four usually have the honor of being the designated Dark-users? Heck, even Johto and Hoenn have Dark Elite Four members. Why... I feel like it wasn't until Galar came 'round that Dark Pokémon actually had a Gym to call their own. I want to help change that... and add a twist or two along the way." Vincent exhaled, his eyes closed. "Though... wanting to be a Gym Leader... that's got to be a lotta kids' dreams, huh? They want to be the star of their own stage, where they test the resolve of Trainers looking to challenge the Leagues. Well... as I see it, if one wishes take on the League Champion, one must not be afraid of the shadows, and with that, one must expect the unexpected. What can I say... with how my Mom and Dad are theatre actors, it's difficult for me to not see things in such a light."

John, as he had introduced himself, had mentioned the idea of visiting this region's Professor at Sandgem Town, and Vincent went over to him. "Well, I don't mind joining you on your trip. What do you say, Zach?" In response, Zach happily skipped back to his Trainer to join him at his side. "If I'm gonna be looking for Pokémon, I've gotta start somewhere, I guess. Oh, and... did anyone else hear some stampeding birds earlier? I could've sworn I did."

Interactions:
Deary Deary
_Graphite_ _Graphite_

Maple Westly
: Route 201 / Interactions: Johnathan & Vincent _Graphite_ _Graphite_ quadraxis201 quadraxis201
e4df85d3be9d46955231f5f1c7ab6bbd.jpgMaple's heart fluttered, internally squealing as Zach nuzzles her hand. Her fingers run through his fur feeling how soft his coat is while Vincent explained a Zorua's characteristics and how to catch one, although as it turned out, Zach was hatched from the beginning which meant, she had a less likely chance to obtain one unless she was lucky or observed one from up close. An idea popped up that could serve her and that would be to travel with Vincent and learn about Zoura. It seemed the boy had no particular destination either except for his goal to become a dark gym leader.

Maple smiled listening to the lad express his passion about the type. It's the same way she felt about ice, dark and ghost type. Ghost and dark misunderstood because of their traits but beautiful all the same. She realized she could get along with him with such ideals and even learn more about all four of her heros. "Wow, that's admirable. I definitely agree with you about there being a dark gymnasium. Every type has one in one region, why is dark isolated? I really hope to see your dream become a reality. I'd like to see it." She chirped. Vincent then asked to follow along with Johnathan which sounded perfect ro repay as well as doing research.

Johnathan answered Maple's previous question and asked about her destination. As if regaining everything in the past few minutes, she held herself and shivered from the slight cold, a red color dusting her cheeks. "Me? Oh...well I um...I'm lost and I need to get to a pokemon center to rest or find the closest town to buy a jacket. I forgot to pack heavy clothing to travel through the cold." She hung herself in shame. "Maybe we can all travel together to Sandgem?" She suggested then turned back to Vincent who asked about a stampede. "Nope, sorry. I was busy being chased to notice my surroundings." She chuckled nervously.

"Stampeding birds? Oh you must be talking about those Doduo." John stated in response to Vincent's question. "Though I cant say for certain as I only caught the tail end of things but it looked like a trainer had taken on a large group of Doduo with just his Slakoth. Pretty impressive if I do say so myself." He added as he pointed in the direction from were he just came from. He then focued on Maple again before continuing to speak, " I was about to go help since it looked like they took a good beating but you were the one in more immediate danger."

When the topic of them tagging along with him to Sandgem Town came up John took a quick moment to ponder their offer. He himself wasn't opposed to the idea, but with this being more akin to a buisness trip rather than a cordial visit he had no idea how Professor Rowan would react if he were to show up with a few unexpected guests. Of course this was no fault of the Professors. The man was drowned in his research and because of this he had little to no freetime. Needles to say it was quite miraculous that he was capable of setting aside some time to speak with John. It has been some time since I've gotten a lecture from the old man. He thought to himself.

With a shrug of his shoulders John finally spoke up, "Sure why not. I wouldn't mind having the company." He paused before turning his gaze to Maple and shot her a sly grin. "Besides on our way there you could tell us how you managed to stir up a den of Bidoof. I'm sure Vincent here is just as curious as I am!" He stated with a small chuckle. "Ralts!" Belladonna cooed in excitement. She found the idea of her new Pokémon friends sticking around a while longer to be pleasing. "But before we go..." John trailed off as he undid his jacket and offered it to the freezing girl before him. "It's not much but it should help keep you warm as we make our way to Sandgem Town. Hopefully things will start warming up by the time we make it there." His sly grin had now formed into a more sincere smile.

Last edited:
Maple Westly
: Route 201 / Interaction: Johnathan _Graphite_ _Graphite_ & Vincent quadraxis201 quadraxis201 / Mentions: Paperface Paperface Kasey
e4df85d3be9d46955231f5f1c7ab6bbd.jpg Maple wondered who the impressive boy was that took down a squad of Doduo with such a lazy pokemon? Did he battle them for fun or because he was in trouble? Maybe he wanted to catch a Doduo? Even so, she couldn't comprehend why people get worked up with battling and injuring their pokemon for sport. What was the benefit and what was it she wasn't understanding? Her honey eyes shift between the two trainers with the knowledge that they were also trainers. Croagunk made note of his partner's brief troubles before nudging her in time for Johnathan turned to her and told her of why he showed up to help. She couldn't help but blush with embarrassment for being clumsy. She grew red when his teasing continued.

Her cheeks puff as she holds her satchel ready whine and make a fool of herself only to be taken by surprise when something warm is draped over her shoulders. She blinks a couple of times left utterly confused. She inspects the fabric to belong to Johnathan's jacket. She looks up at him curiously as he tells her how far Sandgem is from their stance. "Oh...thank you...b-but I can't accept this. It's my fault for being unprepared. Im just p-paying the price." She stuttered, flustered as she tries to return his jacket with her eyes closed too shy to make eye contact. She hung her head in attempts to hide how red her face is from being teased to now in one go. Croagunk snickers watching his trainer dishrivel over something so harmless. He knew just how much of an timid girl she was when given gifts or even making some sort of contact. It waa no surprise how much of an anti-social girl she is.

Kasey Kallisto
With a stretch of his back – accompanied with a satisfied groan – and spitting away the remnants of blood that’d found its way into his mouth, Kasey scanned the area. Looking for the flock of ‘birdbrains’ that’d managed to flee without a trace while he was occupied with laying on the ground. Whether it was due to Slakoth’s bad teamwork or his own poor Doduo-wrangling skills? He didn’t know. “A’right, well, we do need a Doduo for this to work...” He muttered to himself as the disappearance of the wild Doduo messed up his plans to pin one down.

“Slaa-aa~”

The cry of his Pokémon prompted Kasey to look in said direction. Seemingly unassuming until he laid eyes on the supposed Trainer-Pokémon duo approaching them. Since the Venipede was both closer and actively chirping, he got the first look-over. The Pokémon seemed eager – looking for a challenge – but Slakoth wasn’t quick to react to it. Managing to lift one of its claws and bringing it down once the Venipede had already been pulled away by his assumed trainer.

Almost got ‘em, Slakoth,” He said with a sarcastic tone to the wholly unhurried Pokémon before turning his attention in the other trainer’s direction. “Believe it or not, it’s the most active I’ve seen Slakoth all day as we-

The rustling of the underbrush interrupted an otherwise casual introduction. Putting Kasey on edge, ready to pounce whatever was going to emerge, and use it as a practice dummy for Slakoth. One way or another his Pokémon was getting some training in today.

Kasey didn’t register what it was that suddenly emerged. He’d already pushed off and nearly tripped over his own feet as he tried to grind to a standstill. Managing to do so without causing any form of impact. “Hi… there? Sure is getting lively ‘round these parts

Kasey took a moment to assess the situation. As well as taking a breather and mentally patting himself on the back for not tackling another person. “Yeah sure, I’m fine …are you as well?” He asked carefully, still unsure what to make of the unfolding situation. Yet, at the same time unable to catch on that his own injuries were what the girl was referring to.

Anyway, I’m Kasey, this here is Slakoth-

“Slaa-aa~”

Kasey fell quiet for a moment as he glanced over to Oliver, “You happen to know her? ‘Cause, it’s real difficult to introduce you two when I don’t know neither name, y’know…

Interactions: blitzfritz blitzfritz Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork
Mentions: N/A

Last edited:
Seeing at how flustered Maple had become John took a few steps back to give the girl her space. Upon reflection he felt guilty for the things he had said. The two just met and he had no right to tease her the way he did. Or had it been his actions that caused her such discomfort? Perhaps it was too direct to drape ones jacket over a person they had just met. He didn't want her to freeze but it seemed like the best course of action at the time. By Arceus he hadn't sent any mixed signals to the girl had he? Sure it was adorable how her cheeks puffed up when she was teased but he didn't want to come off as some fool who came to the aid of every girl in need. Or perhaps he was simply over thinking these things. Heck for all he knew she could be a little bit like him and found it difficult to speak with people.

Belladonna sensed the thoughts that raced through her trainers mind and she let out a small coo in hopes of bringing him back to reality. Luckily for her it did and John quickly shoved those thoughts out his mind. In a calm and collected voice he spoke to Maple again; hoping that she wouldn't retreat into herself any further. "Please Maple I insist. Consider it my apology for bringing up your..." he paused very carefully thinking over his next few words, "your first trial in Sinnoh." Seeing the jacket being offered back to him John ever so gently pushed it back in her direction. "Besides when you lived in Sinnoh for as long as I have you get used to the cold. You could even say that its refreshing!" Now those last two sentences were a blatant lie but these two needn't know that.

Vincent Jameson

Vincent sort of blushed when Maple expressed her great approval of his idea. "I... uhm... thanks. I do have sketches for certain things, like the Badge. And, this little guy here is going to be my 'lead actor'... so to speak." Zach, meanwhile, gave a toothy grin and softly chuckled. "It might also bring a bit more entertainment to Nimbasa, y'know? A Gym that's a stage show... that'd be fun... I think."

John mentioned how a Trainer had taken on a herd of Doduo with a Slakoth, and Vincent put his hand to his chin in response. "Oh. That makes sense, actually. I'd heard someone on the boat ride over here talking about those guys... the Doduo, I mean. I sure hope whoever riled them up isn't in too much pain, by the sound of it." Vincent's gaze then slid over towards the ruined Bidoof lodge as John expressed curiosity with regards to how Maple could have kicked a metaphorical hornet's nest... even if all of the 'hornets' were furry and beaver-like. Still, what could have made Maple cause destruction like that? "I mean... you aren't exactly wrong, John. I'm sort of curious, myself. But, thanks for having us."

Interactions:
Deary Deary
_Graphite_ _Graphite_
Paperface Paperface (Mention)

Oliver Adel
Route 201 / Interaction(s): Kasey [ Paperface Paperface ] and Anemone [ Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork ]​

The trainer seemed friendly enough as Oliver held Venti, the Venipede squirming to try to get out of her arms. As she listened to Kasey, the two's conversation was interrupted by an unknown face showing up, Popplio trailing in front. In their opinion, Oliver found both pokemon to be incredibly cute, in their own unique way. She gave a wave to the new trainer's hi, trying to stifle a giggle at the whole situation of three trainers encountering each other suddenly and randomly...which turned into a laugh. They didn't know why they laughed, they just thought the situation was funny.
"Hahahha...!!" It took a few seconds to regain her composure, as the two unknown peoples would've started looking at her; she waved them off. "Sorry, sorry...dunno what came over me."
Oliver's speaking style sounded like a trained coordinator, and her mannerisms betrayed a sense of aloofness.
They shook their head, Venti nudging her to speak. "As said, sorry about that. And no, I don't know the new girl." She gave a glance at Anemone, a soft grin creeping onto her features. "But from the top: i'm Oliver Adel, and this-" She gave a mock bow before holding her arm out for her partner pokemon to skitter out like a performance, "-is Venti the Venipede, whom is my partner Pokemon."
After that introduction, Venti jumped off in a roll before landing and trotting over to Pearl, giving a sniff and a chirp that showed that the Venipede wanted to battle. At this sight, Oliver gave a sigh before snapping her fingers a few times at Venti to get his attention with a look of "really? you always do this." to said pokemon, to which he looked back at Oliver before jumping away and back to his trainer's side. "Venti also likes to challenge other pokemon to a fight sometimes...as evident."

Maple Westly
: Route 201 / Interactions: Johnathan _Graphite_ _Graphite_ & Vincent quadraxis201 quadraxis201
e4df85d3be9d46955231f5f1c7ab6bbd.jpg Maple jolts as Johnathan pushed her hands gently, insisting she wear his jacket as an apology for whatever reason that had to do with being in sinnoh. He was talking about being teased which surprised her. It's not like she was actually upset about it.

Croagunk gave a small "cro" of acknowledgement and a glance that magically made Maple understand her situation. She frowned and nodded before reluctantly accepting the excuse and throwing the jacket on. That's twice John did her a favor and owes him. "Th-thank you." She shyly looks down playing with her fingers. "B-but if you get cold and need it back, I'll hand it over." She said.

Maple turned to Vincent who agreed about the whole ordeal with the Bidoof. Is it hard to believe she could anger even the most laid-back pokemon? She felt so embarrassed and bad for the creatures for ruining their home. She covered her face in disappointment then changed the subject. "Wow! You can draw Vincent? Th-that's so cool! I would like to see them if it's not too personal?" She asked then hummed in thought posing in a thinking position. Lips parted, index on her chin as she looked up into nothing wondering imagining how a dark themed gym would look like. "That's not a half-bad idea, but shouldn't dark compliment the type and prepare the environment for them? Would flashy work?" She questioned before realizing how rude it might have been to insert an idea upon someone's fantasy. "Oh, s-sorry. I don't mean your idea is wrong or anything I was just genuinely curious for the pokemon." She corrected. "If Zach is the star of the show, I don't think I ever want to leave. I'll visit everyday just to see the cutie~" She bent down leaning close to Vincent and Zach.

When Maple finally decided to take him up on his offer and expressed her thanks John responded with, "Really it's no problem." At the statement about her returning him his jacket if he ever grew too cold he answered by giving a polite nod of his head. At most Sandgem Town was only an hours hike away so he was sure that he could bare the cold until then.

As Maple and Vincent began to converse with one another John found himself leaning against a nearby tree trunk and crossed his arms as he silently listened to the two of them speak. In truth John was a little jealous of Vincent. The other boy had his whole life planned out before him and here was John with little to no inclination as to where his life was headed. His eyes remained glued to Vincent and he couldn't help but smile at the sound of passion in his voice.

"An artist eh? I'm not exactly an artist myself." He commented with a soft chuckle, "The most I could do is draw sophisticated stick figures." John added. He then reared his gaze back towards Maple and yet another small smile formed across his lips as he watched her dote on the small Dark-type. "And who knows maybe a few years from now, during one of my annual trips to Undella Town, I may have to bring myself to challenge Vincent and his almighty Dark Gym."

Last edited:
Vincent Jameson

"Well... I'm no Burgh, that's for sure." Vincent replied shyly to both Maple and John when they seemed to show interest in how he sketched things. "If you want real art, you'd be better off finding that guy in Castelia City. As for me... they're just sketches, accompanied by lots of written notes where I have trouble explaining certain things in drawn form. But, thanks."

Maple had actually brought up kind of a good point about the design of Vincent's future Gym-- it wouldn't have to be too flashy. "Well... a lot of it is conceptual at the moment. What I maybe could do is, I could adjust the colors of the lights here and there, so they wouldn't be too bright..." Vincent tapped his pointer fingers together in thought. "As I see it, Nimbasa's got an amusement park and a Pokémon Musical... why not have the Gym be an attraction, too?" Vincent then folded his arms, an almost sly smile across his face. "I can kinda see it now... Trainers stepping in to a dark theatre, battling their way to the grand stage, a figure clad in shadows waiting there, ready to issue their final challenge-- where they are not only granted the chance to earn the Thespian Badge, as I would call it, but for that one moment, they can pretend to be the hero of a play, to actually participate in the climax rather than be in the audience." He explained.

When John mentioned wanting to visit Vincent in his Gym, Vincent chuckled a bit, almost half-heartedly. "Well... I'd appreciate that, John, but... there's the matter of Nimbasa already having a Gym Leader, and that'd be Elesa. Unless she plans on retiring someday, that spot won't be open. There's also the matter of Grimsley, like I said-- can't have a Dark-type Gym if there's already a Dark-user in the Elite Four, right? It'd just be redundant, otherwise."

Zach sensed the subtle disappointment in Vincent's words, and nuzzled up against his leg to try and comfort him, which caused Vincent to stop and administer more pets to the little fox's head. "Aww, don't worry, buddy. I'm okay. We still have an adventure to go on here, don't we? My dream is quite far off... I shouldn't be worrying about that just yet." Vincent turned his head towards Maple when she brought up wanting to see Zach. "As for this little guy, he'll be there, alright." What Maple didn't know, however, was that Vincent had actually meant something else... something he would not be willing to openly discuss.

Interactions:
_Graphite_ _Graphite_
Deary Deary

Maple Westly
: Route 201/ Interactions: Johnathan quadraxis201 quadraxis201 & Vincent _Graphite_ _Graphite_
e4df85d3be9d46955231f5f1c7ab6bbd.jpg Maple smiled at Johnathan then returns to Vincent explaining his level of art skills compared to someone in Castelia City. She tilts her head befuddled. He proceeded to mention the location of his gym. It started to make sense as to why he would want it to be a place that may conform with the rest of it's surroundings. "That's a clever idea!" She complimented. It was apparent how Vincent lit up as he described his vision now muttering to himself. It was fascinating even if it was for battling. Perhaps her journey holds more than a decision. This is exactly the type of thing she needed to understand and learn what it means to be a trainer. She quirked a brow when he started to doubt himself. "I don't think that's redundant. Champions aren't forever, they change whoever can beat the league. Gym leaders are permanent until retirement or passing on their tradition. In the Johto region, there are two dragon type gym leaders. One is a gym leader and the other is her mentor, in the elite four. So you see, your dream is just as possible and valid as anyone else's." She assured. Croagung raised his arm in the air in a cheering manner. "Yeah! See? Croagunk agrees."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back