• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
"I mustn't run away, I mustn't run away, I mustn't run away...!"
SHINJI IKARI, The Third Child

As much as Shinji was trying to keep up with every lead, it wasn't exactly easy, considering everyone's drastically different reactions to the information that they had received. Apparently there was something going on to the right of town as a group was gradually splitting into that direction to investigate, while that woman that the black-haired man was talking to had split away from the group and was heading into a building that was just across the street from them. Thankfully, hostility that filled the air seemed to weaken, even if just a little bit, once Red Hood was able to step in, but he immediately turned his head away from the group as soon as the superhero guy looked over at him.

Though, it wasn't because he was looking at Shinji, and moreso because of someone drawing Shinji's attention to them with authority in their voice.

"Huh-?" Shinji initially whips his head towards the voice, putting one of his hands up in surprise, but quickly puts it down and stands to face Asuka fully. Although she was trying to hide it, he did indeed see that glimpse of worry in Asuka's eye as she got up in his face, nonetheless angered with the boy. In the first time since he's got here, he's actually been able to maintain a straight face, instead of staring at all the unfamiliar sights with wide-eyed, hypnotised bafflement.

"I-....I know. You're right. I'm probably just going to end up being dead weight for everyone here, the way I am now."
Typical, always needing to be dragged along by the rest of the group. At least, that's what she'd be right to assume, but he just keeps talking. "But I am here, Asuka. That's what happened, and I can't change it."

Shinji-Ikari-Neon-Genesis-Evangelion.jpg

"I don't care if I end up getting hurt, though. I promise I won't leave you again."

Who...who was this guy? Who killed Shinji and is trying to take his place? The Idiot Shinji she knew would be whining about how he doesn't even want to be in this place, and while his voice is still a bit shaky, and his eyes still show fear...what the hell was his deal?!

Responding to: Twice Knightly (Asuka Langley Soryu)
Mentioning: Miso_Tofu2.0 (Nolan Greyson/Omni-Man)

Lana

LanaThink.png

As Lana quickly scanned over the crowds pockets with her eyes, she took a glance to where the other two ended up. She quickly covered her mouth at a poor attempt to keep herself from laughing at the appearance of the man who turned himself around. 'Stop it, Lana... That's rude!' She thought to herself. Her desire to laugh quickly vanished as she eyes moved over to the person in front of the freakish man... It seemed to be just what she was looking for! A... supposed.... entry ticket with her name on it!.... Figuratively speaking. She slowly snuck towards them trying to stay out of sight from both whoever it is as well as the weird looking reporter dude... She hoped that wouldn't be too hard sense Lumi and the freakishly large guy had him distracted. Once she was close enough, she slowly reached her paw towards the man's pocket hoping to grab whatever it was that was sticking out.

Twice Knightly Twice Knightly CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow allegedlydave allegedlydave

1701296944654.png

Midway through Rex's reply to the transgression against man, he catches sight of something over his shoulder. In an instant, a new and unknown air comes over him. It runs through his face, his body, even his voice as he steps around Toby Determined (God help him) and toward Tad Strange and the peculiar creature attempting to rob him.

"Oi."

He speaks more at Lana than to her. He looms over her in body and spirit, arms folded and looking down like a stern father.

"Been here all of ten minutes and we're already havin' a go at other people's things, are we?"

He glances to the stranger, back to Lana, and narrows his eye commandingly.

"Keep your bloody hands to yourself, yeah? Else you'll be takin' it up with me next time."

With that out of the way, he turns to Tad Strange, clearing his throat and sighing in frustrated exasperation.

"Sorry for the trouble, mate. Speakin' of... we're lookin' to get our hands on some tickets to the show. Those Gleeful twins, was it? Aye, them. Be mighty helpful if you could, you know... get us on the right track."

Twice Knightly Twice Knightly Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara megar megar isupposeimphi isupposeimphi Miso_Tofu2.0 Miso_Tofu2.0 CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow

(Note: Clovis' origin comic is not for anyone under 18+ due to mature themes! Please don't read it if under 18!)

CLOVIS
Interactions: Miso_Tofu2.0 Miso_Tofu2.0 (Nolan)
Mentions: Jeremiah Jeremiah (Minthara) | BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 (Reverentia) | megar megar (Josuke) | Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Red Hood)

1701298679008.png

Clovis had been watching the small altercation between the burly, mustached human man and the two women, one of whom he recognizes as the girl with the worm in her head. The latter two are of no importance- they both had relented in confronting the former and are already on their way. But the man who the warrior woman had been arguing with- the other had been less keen on speaking, but seemed to have her suspicions all the same- he is who catches the prince's attention.

He'd never seen a human like this before. His muscular build and the look in his eyes, stern yet subtly regretful, hiding something deep beneath, tells the fox he is some sort of warrior, and a grizzled one at that. Perhaps he had seen one too many battles, like some of the old and retired human generals he had met before, who stood tall, quiet, and commanding despite the streaks of grey in their hair and the many wrinkles on their skin. If he is anything like them, with strength and experience hindered by some pitiful memories of loss and grief, such instability could be as detrimental to the group- and more importantly, the prince himself- as it could be advantageous.

Though, Clovis can't help but raise a brow at what this man is wearing. Skintight clothing and a cape? That is hardly something any warrior worth his salt would even think of wearing, much less on such an important mission. And where is his weapon? Could he be like one of those human brutes who go into battle with nothing but their bare fists? He can levitate himself, too, like a mage? There would be no great surprise there, as humans are naturally more attuned to magic than Keidran... if Clovis could detect any magical potential within him. But as far as he can tell, this is not magic, even more distanced from it than what he had sensed coming from that boy with the ridiculous hair. Clovis can't help but smile to himself as a single thought crosses his mind:

Could this be what humans of other universes are capable of?

The man's ensuing threat after the women leave is not empty. Of that much, the prince is sure of. Something brutal lays deep within this one, some kind of violence just begging to be channeled in the right direction. Clovis is then quick to approach Nolan, his own cape trailing behind him, a hint of mischief barely shining through his red eyes.

"Threats won't get you far here, friend," he starts, as calmly as if he were addressing a longtime acquaintance. "Please ignore the others. The attacks on all our universes have left everyone on edge, and the more... emotional ones-" he casts a prideful glance over at Reverentia and Minthara, if they are still able to be seen, "tend to lash out first. Think nothing of it."

The fox turns around, facing the direction where Red Hood had gone off to.

"If you want to build up your trust with such people, come with me. I believe Jason will be needing our help soon. I fear he may be walking into something far more dangerous than what he expects."

'Fear' is a rather strong word, though Clovis' thoughtful, constantly-scheming smirk never leaves his face as he says it.

Last edited:
"I am not a Pokémon. I am something that surpasses both human and Pokémon."
Mewtwo, the Genetic Pokémon

WAKANDA

The Pokémon had wasted no time grabbing one of the watches on his arrival, simply taking one from the table with his telekinetic powers and placing it around his wrist before Jason had even called the recruits up for departure. Admittedly, typing in the code provided was a bit more trouble than he would like to admit, with the shape of his fingers making it more difficult to properly type it in, but Mewtwo nonetheless had the watch's code set and primed for departure to this 'Gravity Falls' setting. If it truly was as nightmarish and blood-chilling of a place that Red Hood stated it was to be, there would be no chance any foes would be able to take him off-guard, the Pokémon priming himself for an assault as his eyes gave off a blue shine, his right fist clenching with electricity as the grey fog enveloped him.​

GRAVITY FALLS

As the fog dissipated and the surroundings revealed themselves to the Pokémon, it was hesitant to let its guard drop, turning to face its surroundings before briefly closing his eyes to find any potential psychic links...nothing. Nothing of note in this area, at least. There was a vaguely active presence to the east of where the group had arrived, but not quite strong enough to be considered a ominous, or a threat. All that this place had presented itself as was a quiet town in the middle of nowhere, not too unfamiliar to the small towns he remember observing in the regions of Kanto and Johto-- Of course, the with the exception of the absence of Pokémon.

From observations to the happenings not in association with the rest of the group, there seemed to be at least some point of interest: A woman who seemed to be local to the area conversing with a man with (assumedly) split-personalities.
There's potential for valuable information to be received from her, although she doesn't quite seem to be in the mood to talk to any of them, quickly finishing her conversation with the man and sauntering off to the building that rested across the street, shutting the door behind her. Thankfully, there was at least one other person who chose to follow the lead that she was unintentionally providing, while others had already chosen to head east into the town, presumably to follow the signature that he was picking up on earlier, considering one of the group heading off in that direction was another Psychic-type; An Espeon, one with a sword sheathed in a strap tied around its body, and one that could speak to other humans...curious. He'll have to remind himself to find out more about that creature later.

For now, however, he felt as though it was necessary to accompany the man in the suit that had also chosen to persue the woman from earlier. His demeanor suggests he was fully-prepared to take matters into his own hands, which is respectable, but foolish considering the lack of information the group has at the moment.

"And how exactly do you plan to go about doing that?" Mewtwo projected his voice into Byakuya's mind, levitating not too far behind the man. "You are correct in that there could be valuable information extracted from her, but considering her stance on matters, and our current lack of means to persuade her, I doubt simply approaching her and demanding answers will heed much progress."

Responding to: megar (Byakuya Togami)
Mentioning: Twice Knightly (GM), allegedlydave (Ling Yao|Greed), CocoaMarshmallow (Illumina)

Lana
LanaScared.png

Lana almost yelped in surprise as the man suddenly turned around. She quickly pulled her arm back trying not to be anymore suspicious than she already was. This guy was somehow more weird than the last one... He looked normal but like... too normal..? Either way, the way he stared at her gave her the creeps. She was about to backpedal and make up some poor excuse until that freakishly large guy called out to her and stepped closer. His shadow loomed over her as he got closer causing her ears to nervously droop down as she stared back up at him.

"I-I uh.... I wasn't going to steal anything!!.... I was just going to borrow this kind man's ticket..."

She was a pretty bad liar. She'd never been caught like this before, so she had no idea how to react once she finally did. She folded her arms in annoyance still a bit in disbelief. They ended up getting the ticket anyway, so she liked to think it was still partially her doing.

Twice Knightly Twice Knightly CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow allegedlydave allegedlydave

minthara suspicion.png

Before leaving, Omni-Man caught your eye. You met his look of subdued aggression with one of your own. "Good. We are on the same page, then." Was all you had left to say, leaving him and Red Hood with a deferential nod. You couldn't stomach the overgrown mutt's rambling tongue for much longer. That would have to be a battle for the caped crusader to fight on his own.​

Miso_Tofu2.0 Miso_Tofu2.0 (Omni-Man)

Mentions: CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow (Clovis)

. . .

"By all means, Mori, feel free to go your own way. After all we are beholden only to Red Hood. Well, and fate." you calmly reproach the bird girl, grabbing your warhammer with both hands as you entered the village and strode straight towards the tent. "But it would do all of us a world of good if we remain a cohesive unit. You must understand that, given you've gone against your pride to follow me. Now! Eyes forward. It appears our colleagues have caused quite a commotion." Gods. Commotion didn't even begin to describe it. Why in the world had they sent not one, not two, but three children to assist? And the two talking freaks? You paid little mind to their squabbling and made straight for the tent, cutting the line and walking straight past the bouncer.​

Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Tent) BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 (Reverentia)

Mentions: CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow (Illumina) Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara (Lana) allegedlydave allegedlydave (Rex) isupposeimphi isupposeimphi (Marisa) megar megar (Reimu)

mori crop.png
CS

Nolan's threat went outwardly ignored, but filed away for later.

Reverentia answered Minthara's perceived-condescension with a brief growl, only to catch herself a moment later. Something about a Drow being the voice of reason and bigger person in the conversation felt a bit like getting cold water thrown in her face. The voice that said "You are being an ass" was getting a bit louder with each passing moment, hesitating in her gait. She pinched the bridge of her mask, grumbling a curse under breath, then begrudgingly acquiesced, "You're right. On edge." In truth, what she desperately needed beneath all the frustration was someone to punch, a fact which didn't exactly make her glow with pride but remained nevertheless true. She'd never excelled at this side of problem-solving, or making friends. Generally, her role in the Hunt was more to break bones than bread.

Similarly, Reverentia made no move to wait in line, following the Drow straight for the tent's entrance. Unlike Minthara, she didn't simply walk past the bouncer per se, as that would imply she was ignoring him. Instead, she remained ready to strike him, unintimidated by his size. Should he not impede their entry, nothing would come of it, of course -- but, given how on edge she was, he'd need to be on his best behavior for there to be a nonviolent resolution to this, as she'd likely to take any excuse to get into a scrap at that very moment.

Interactions: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (GM, Tats) Jeremiah Jeremiah (Minthara)
Mentions: Miso_Tofu2.0 Miso_Tofu2.0 (Nolan)
Nearby: : CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow (Illumina) Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara (Lana) allegedlydave allegedlydave (Rex) isupposeimphi isupposeimphi (Marisa) megar megar (Reimu)​

The attempts to cut the line and get past the bouncer, predictably, did not exactly go as smooth as butter. On top of the crowd booing, hissing, whining, and Toby making a noise comparable to a panda giving birth, the bouncer simply moved to block their entry entirely.

"Get back in line."

He sounds about how you'd expect.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 Jeremiah Jeremiah allegedlydave allegedlydave CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara megar megar isupposeimphi isupposeimphi Miso_Tofu2.0 Miso_Tofu2.0

mori crop.png
CS

The man in front of her could've been anyone. She knew nothing of him, or what he was like, or if he was deserving of violence. When it came to this bouncer, she knew two things: One, that he was standing in the way of a potential lead to saving the lives of people across the multiverse, not the least of which were the people she loved back home. Two, that she, as before, really, really wanted to punch someone. Unfortunately, his intercession gave her the exact excuse she needed to do just that. For the moment, Reverentia kept the magic of her handwraps inactive -- it was hard to nonlethally strike someone with lightning and acid crackling along your body -- but that didn't make the foot she shot out without warning at the man's knee or the spinning elbow she launched at his nose a friendly gesture.

Interactions: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (GM, Tats) Jeremiah Jeremiah (Minthara)
Nearby: CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow (Illumina) Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara (Lana) allegedlydave allegedlydave (Rex) isupposeimphi isupposeimphi (Marisa) megar megar (Reimu)​

The Great and Powerful Trixie!
Twice Knightly Twice Knightly megar megar Nokirathephantom Nokirathephantom

the_great_and_powerful_trixie_by_silvermapwolf-dar7rb2.png.556dfe5e1c3233404638e900d846f8c6.png

"Gravity Falls." What a strange name for a place so cozy looking. It was like calling a town Wind Blows, or Wings Fly! Or even Ponyville—oh, wait... So maybe it wasn't such an odd moniker in hindsight. Regardless, Trixie wasn't a fan of Gravity Falls. It was filled with more not-ponies who spat alien words (swear words), as if they weren't a confusing species enough!

So Trixie sat behind for most of the time, discontented with everything. That was until the girl, Wendy, declared something that made her twitch.

Magic... is all lame?!

Wendy already left, as though she was the one offended. It was good timing, too; Trixie's rage boiled over. "What the hay are you talking about?! Magic is all lame to you? Have you ever seen a show as Great and Powerful as mine? You—You!" Trixie groaned loudly. This wasn't over, yet!

Fortunately, two of the not-ponies had the same intent! (although their motives differed). The one bearing glasses led the way to where Wendy cowardly fled to. The other... not-not-pony (???) levitated behind in seeming silence. Whatever they were, they were her Great and Powerful allies now.

Then there was the Great and Powerful Trixie, trotting to the front of them with a smug grin plastered on her face. "Oh, it's on!" she cried. "Nopony calls magic lame in front of the Great and Powerful Trixie and gets away with it! You haven't seen what somepony like she can do!"

I5nZz18.png

The preparation
The situation of anxiety had come under control, and the phoenix descendant was able to calm down due to Hershel, Alexis, Irin and the ongoing conversation of Silver and Leo.
And then, after a quick meal, a call for duty came from the man known as Jason, so the duke hurried some preparations he had in mind.

A special jeweler set, some borrowed tools from the locals, some sturdy allows molded into shape, some of his stock of gems cut and processed, engraved... a drop of blood from himself, and the an improvised artifact was made

A small bracelet made to fit on Irin's other wrist was produced. A shiny and smooth silvery color with a pink gem as the centerpiece of the solid metal body. It was also engraved all over, delicately, methodically, but the carvings themselves looked somewhat amateurish. The words formed a complex circuit around the cut gem in the middle, which shone with an otherwordly glow.

"Here dear... this is both a pretty accesory, but also a magical item. If you hear me say hide, put some energy into the bracelet, ok?"

"...pretty" The girl looked somewhat dazzled at the improvised gift from her father... the gem and the complex writings, she didn't understand them, just knew they were special.

And dad had made it specially for her, and it was pretty! The girl's face was beaming as she almost seemed to be humming to herself while staring at the bracelet. She was only broken out of the trance by her father poking at her forehead

"Irin. If i tell you to hide, or you feel in danger, put energy on it, got it?" his tone was a little sterner this time, but it was softened by patting the girl on the head.

"mhm mhm!" Her eyes shining, she nods excitedly with a smile, before clinging and nuzzling against her father's shoulder... the duke could only smile gently

Apart from the bracelet, 3 rough simple rings with a very small imbedded gems were made, and split among Irin, Sage and Hershel. Emergency short communication, able to carry one or two sentences to another person and will break after... quite useful should one be split up. After some smaller preparation, the dad-daughter duo (and Sage) left for their mission

The mission

Upon arrival, Hershel's waryness spiked as the toddler that came with him stared around curiously, holding onto the duke's hand (She adjusted her size, becoming slightly taller to reach)

Other members alongside the leader provided information, recon... a hellscape? No, the whole place felt quite mundane, even the tent event being the most popular thing around. But all of this made the duke all the more wary. It feels like someone is paving a trap, a ruse using this whole place... maybe he is being overly paranoid, but experience with illusions and machinations puts the man on constant alert, to the point Irin looks worriedly at her dad

"...ah. right" He had noticed this much, and made up his mind, turning his wary scowl to a smile for his daughter
"I don't get a good feeling about the tent... but want to go along with the other small group?" He asked gently, expecting some resistance and having to convince the girl to tag along

"..." The girl stared silently in the direction of the mystery shack, intently, and her little nose twitched. She seemed to have caught onto a curious smells
"...forest has a curious smell" once the girl was done, her ears twitched alongside nervous tail flicks, grabbing onto her dad's hand tightly
"...don't like it, but don't want to trouble daddy" Irin pouted, both at Hershel and herself, and tried to be mature about the matter

Hershel merely chuckled and ruffled the girl's hair, going the way of the mystery shack, steering away from going deeper into the forest, for now that is.
For a dilapidated place, it sure had a lot of indoor lights... despite not showing signs of recent usage. The duke gave a casual wave to the other 3 individuals who had chosen to investigate the location, Irin chosing to hide behind her father

"Hey. I'm Hershel, Irin is the little lass, and we came here because the whole forest feels... odd. To not mention this building. Any ways you guys want to start to investigate? If not, I got suggestions." The man casually addressed everyone there, taking the lead for further action with a confident smile.

...the image was foiled slightly at the nervous cat child clinging onto his robe from behind, but no matter.

Interactions: (GM) Twice Knightly Twice Knightly , (Josuke) megar megar , (Blake) isupposeimphi isupposeimphi , (Raz) brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy

mori crop.png
CS

Reverentia had fought a dragon bare-handed, torn apart a dozen armed men by herself, faced down monsters that could slaughter entire towns. She was used to being overwhelmingly strong. The man she faced was, however, supernaturally strong, able to shrug off her assault with little thought. Maybe a consequence of whatever was happening in this world, or maybe she had simply underestimated him. She could always escalate it. Draw her sword, her bladed whip, activate the runes on her Handwraps. Unfortunately, being in the way while being strong didn't make someone more deserving of death than just being in the way did, so dormant her various weapons remained.

Could she win the fight without them? Who knew?

But who's not watching the entrance to a tent?

A bouncer with a violent vigilante trying to beat him to a pulp.

His words received no answer, and only an instant passed before her nonverbal reply came. She dropped into an almost crouched fighting stance, like an animal about to pounce. Despite her still deadpan expression, she lunged at Tats with blinding aggression and (seemingly) almost total disregard for her own safety. A fist came high towards his jaw, but it mostly acted as an opener as she launched her real attack, kicking at that same knee once again.

Nearby: CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow (Illumina) Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara (Lana) allegedlydave allegedlydave (Rex) isupposeimphi isupposeimphi (Marisa) megar megar (Reimu)​

In the time that Reverentia had taken to prepare her attack, Tats had opted to simply roll his shoulders and crack his knuckles. When her attack comes, he blocks the first with his arm. The second, heavier kick to his knee results in a sharper grunt this time around. He winces as he falls to it, embedding it in dirt. But by the time he looks back up, he's seemingly already recovered. He retaliates by grabbing reaching up and grabbing at her collar. Should he be successful, he promptly pulls her in for a headbutt against her nose.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2

mori crop.png
CS

There was no means to escape the grab or the headbutt. Her entire fighting style was based around the exchange of blows, and seizing the opportunities others left when they overextended themselves to fight back. Fortunately, her mask was a magical item itself, a dormant Fey creature that it would take fare more effort to destroy. Unfortunately, that didn't make getting slammed in the face hurt less. Her vision swam, stars dancing across her eyes, but only for an instant. She would not give up the advantage she'd gathered by bringing him to his knee or getting him to extend his arm. Her body twisted, rather than to try to escape his grip, latching onto it. The vigilantes legs curled up as she tried to sink the Bouncer into an armbar.

Twice Knightly Twice Knightly

The armbar had been successful, and Tats was promptly sent careening headfirst into the ground. Yet another grunt escapes him as his face connects with the dirt. But yet again, he pushes himself up onto his hands and knees. With a snarl, he wipes his now bloody nose with one arm and uses his free hand to sink his fingers into the dirt below Reverentia. With strength no regular man could possibly have, he proceeds to quite literally rip up the ground she stands on, with the aim of flipping her back, grabbing her by the leg, and hurling her into the nearby tree. Should this be successful, the bouncer would follow up by throwing the chunk of dirt and grass at her, too.

Regardless of the outcome, by now the line had formed around the fight. Pretty much all of them were cheering on Tats - including one thin, pale man who had been standing near the middle.

cutebiker-gravityfalls.gif

"Get 'em! Get 'em!"

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2

1701324679779.png
CS

The unfortunate reality of grappling is that your opponent has almost as much access as you do to them. When Tats raised Reverentia off the ground, she couldn't do much about it other than hang on tighter and hope his arm gave out or the pain wound up too much for him. Unfortunately, neither occurred before he shook her off and threw her at a tree like a fastball. She was an expert at landings, not at being thrown at trees. The vigilante slammed into the trunk hard with an audible grunt, the first sound she had made since the fight's start. Her ribs were bruised -- maybe broken. Looking up, she rolled to the side just as the chunk of dirt crushed the spot she'd just been recovering in. As she laid there in the grass, looking up at tats, her further back hand scooped up some loose dirt kicked up by the destruction. There was no such thing as fighting dirty with the multiverse on the line.

Charging forward, she came low, as if planning to go for his groin or leg again, only to swivel and throw the dirt in his face with a spin, aiming for his eyes. Regardless of the tactics success, she continued the momentum of the spin, launching a side kick at the same knee she'd been working on since the fight's start.

Reimu Hakurei

"...Okay."

Reimu folds her arms as she observes the situation play out in front of her. She could intervene, if she wanted to. She doubts any of these people could take her. But... that also sounds like a lot of unnecessary trouble. There's no fun in it, either. Ah, she better just get on with it, then.

"I'm just going to head inside. I'll let you all know if I find anything interesting."

A deep breath escapes her. This is, all things considered, overkill -- but it's the best way she can think of to get inside without anyone stopping her. And the easiest.

Fantasy Nature

Reimu closes her eyes and simply floats right through the crowd, entirely untouchable, to head straight in.

Last edited:
This time, Tats had been prepared for the kick toward his leg and adjusted his stance accordingly. His leg was held in a firm enough stance so that she couldn't really budge it much - but focusing on that unfortunately meant that he didn't notice the dirt until it was too late. He tries to raise his arm to block it, but a good bit of it wound up landing in his eyes regardless.

"GRAAAH!"

He stumbles back with a loud cry, which leaves him open for her next kick to the same knee. It knocks him back even further, and he winds up stumbling against a tree. His nostrils flare and he cries out as he wipes his eyes. By the time he finally looks back, they're filled with tears... and glowing a bright blue.

Now, a shimmering, light blue aura visibly surrounds the man. If Minthara were to try and scan him, she would find that it's the same exact aura she detected that led her here in the first place. The man, however, does not wait. With a loud roar, he charges toward Reverentia like a bull at damn near blinding speeds. His arm is outstretched all the while, and should his palm connect with her face, he would not hesitate to slam her into the ground.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 Jeremiah Jeremiah

mori crop.png
CS

The blue glow in Tats's eyes confirmed Reverentia's earlier suspicions if his might hadn't. She wasn't just fighting some mundane man so much as someone who either was magical themselves or being strengthened by another magical force. Getting grabbed by the face would've been the end of the fight for her. She could sense it. While she was notably tougher than the average person, she wasn't invulnerable, and a supernaturally strong man slamming her head into the Earth would've been a quick way to wind up unconscious or worse. Fortunately, the heavy telegraphing made evasion possible at all as she rolled to the side.

There was an opportunity there, as he thundered by. She could've gone for his Achilles with the tip of her sword. But this man may not be in control of his own actions, as far as she was aware. She wasn't willing to cripple him on a maybe anymore than she was to kill him. Maybe there was a way to free him of this influence? It seemed a long shot, but she had an idea that would likely also, at the least, stun him a bit. She leapt onto his back, allowing the runes on her Handwraps to light up blue. Lightning abruptly arced across her body, blue strikes streaking wildly off her armor but fortunately fizzling out before traveling far, as she went to clasp him on either side of his head.

Tats, in all of his anger, immediately reached for Reverentia in an attempt to grab and throw her off. But doing that was hard while he was still trying to slow down from his headfirst charge - which allowed her to grab the sides of his head with ease. But whatever she plans to do, she'd better do it fast. He's already dangerously close to grabbing whatever he can and hurling her off, just as before.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2

mori crop.png
CS

The plan was simple, of course, as most of Reverentia's plans were. With both hands on either side of his head, she simply channeled the magic of her runes, making her gauntlets impromptu, lightning-based tasers. Certainly lethal to a normal person, but he was clearly a lot tougher than a normal person. Best case scenario, she hoped it might jar him free of magical influence, even if only temporarily. Worst case, she hoped it just hurt bad enough to stun him or even take him out of the fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back