• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Legacy of Shadows (OOC Chat)

Kit-Kat Kit-Kat

I have a few questions.

1) Is this still open?
2) There's a question I've always had about the Yu-Gi-Oh universe: How are real-life tournament-level strategies treated in-game? I'm asking because I've always wanted to see a character like Bastion, whose whole shtick is his intelligence and planning, pull out something broken like the Yata-Garasu Lockdown or another OTK strategy. It seems in character for him.
3) What format are we all playing? Traditional Format or Advanced Format? The games use Advanced Format and thus have Forbidden lists, but given that Yu-Gi-Oh duels are quite often a matter of life and death, I can't imagine that any duelist in that situation would ever pull punches by sticking to Advanced Format rules.
4) How are Forbidden or Limited cards treated in this universe?
5) Do I have to stick with a single deck theme or can I mix and match them?

Kit-Kat Kit-Kat

I have a few questions.

1) Is this still open?
2) There's a question I've always had about the Yu-Gi-Oh universe: How are real-life tournament-level strategies treated in-game? I'm asking because I've always wanted to see a character like Bastion, whose whole shtick is his intelligence and planning, pull out something broken like the Yata-Garasu Lockdown or another OTK strategy. It seems in character for him.
3) What format are we all playing? Traditional Format or Advanced Format? The games use Advanced Format and thus have Forbidden lists, but given that Yu-Gi-Oh duels are quite often a matter of life and death, I can't imagine that any duelist in that situation would ever pull punches by sticking to Advanced Format rules.

1. This is still open, yes.

2. Well, that I don't know? I haven't touched any real-life dueling in a long time. So sadly, I can't answer this question.

3. Since I haven't played the card games in real life for many years, I mainly just go off anime. So Traditional?

4, You can have a few Banned cards, just don't overpower yourself with them.

5. You can mix and match if you want, just so long as you can work with it and Fusion stuff with it.

Kit-Kat Kit-Kat

I have a few questions.

1) Is this still open?

Speaking out of character and non Rp wise: While also having dueled consistently for years back during the first pair of gens era, I'd say the Yata lock would be quite annoying and lacking for any real fun in a duel.

However Rp wise it might depend on the situation, I think. It could provide some RL strategy but could take away from the duels themselves, since these would likely be more Rp and plot balanced/influenced then tournament like.

Meaning one sided duels like ones using the Yata lock could get out of hand for the Rp. So pends on how you'd use it, a constant OTK and tactics like Yata lock would really take away from the storyline from my point of view. But if used just once in awhile or perhaps mostly against NPC's and plot points, it could be fine.

Does this make sense? I'm never dueled in the tournaments but have become a bit knowledgeable on some tactics used in them. Yata lock being one.

Anyone have a archetype they believe should have a upgrade/added cards to? Perhaps a favored one or one in general that could use more cards and upgrades to it.

Mine: Ojama (An old favorite of mine)

You like Ojama?
I do. A entertaining archetype in the GX series, while despite being weak they have rather impressive abilities with their supports. Ive even found a Slifer red OC image that I thought of using with a Ojama deck.

A deck that would be centered around the weak and mainly the Ojamas. Using spells and trap support cards to power up these "weak" monsters like Ojama and other low level normal monsters, swarming the field with them in a way and usin field control to out maneuver opponents. While the deck would have some power stored in it for later in the duels or when needed and drawn.

YUGIOH GX GENERATION X GAME ON GET YA GAME ON COME ON YA GOTTA PLAY YA CARD COME ON GE T YA GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so the only restriction is it has to be a fusion deck, right?
Basically and not exactly. Since it's a GX era Rp and the timeline is only five years after the cannon GX ended, it means you wouldn't have XYZ, Pendulum and this new Link summoning since they don't yet exist. Even Synchro is out of reach at the moment the way I understood it. So Fusion summons and Ritual would be your most advanced way of summoning outside of the standard... Normal, set, flip summon and special summon.

While some cards would be allowed from the banned list, but nothing overboard where your just looking to power game and get too OP. Though Kit would still be the one to wait for on that one. Just adding a bit until then.

Kit does have two different era Rps going simultaneously with Yugioh, one being a Zexal era and this one. So based off the Number hunters Rp and what she's mentioned so far in this one, it'd be era specific with summons presently available and cards on the ban list up till a point. (Such as Pot of greed, heavy storm (?) Harpies feather duster, etc) I'd imagine are fine.

j
Basically and not exactly. Since it's a GX era Rp and the timeline is only five years after the cannon GX ended, it means you wouldn't have XYZ, Pendulum and this new Link summoning since they don't yet exist. Even Synchro is out of reach at the moment the way I understood it. So Fusion summons and Ritual would be your most advanced way of summoning outside of the standard... Normal, set, flip summon and special summon.

While some cards would be allowed from the banned list, but nothing overboard where your just looking to power game and get too OP. Though Kit would still be the one to wait for on that one. Just adding a bit until then.

Kit does have two different era Rps going simultaneously with Yugioh, one being a Zexal era and this one. So based off the Number hunters Rp and what she's mentioned so far in this one, it'd be era specific with summons presently available and cards on the ban list up till a point. (Such as Pot of greed, heavy storm (?) Harpies feather duster, etc) I'd imagine are fine.

So hmmm. Are we allowed to do some custom cards then or do we have to stick to the confines of whats availablr in tcg/ocg

You can make custom cards. And banned cards like how Saru mentioned, Pot of Greed, Heavy Storm, stuff like that would be allowed in this RP.

Ok I'll work on it. Wasn't sure if you were planning a post or not for one of your characters.

Take your time. No rush. And nah, not really.

Also, little heads up, I won't be online until super late tomorrow if at all. We're going to my aunt's house for the day and originally we were going to stay there until six or so in the afternoon and then come back home with a three hour drive ahead of us. Though I dunno know if we'll be staying the night there or not.

Take your time. No rush. And nah, not really.

Also, little heads up, I won't be online until super late tomorrow if at all. We're going to my aunt's house for the day and originally we were going to stay there until six or so in the afternoon and then come back home with a three hour drive ahead of us. Though I dunno know if we'll be staying the night there or not.
Alright, I just need to find a description for them and I'll see to it. Kinda have some of it in mind, just some clearing up and adding to it. But true, no rush.

Oh? Ok. Sounds like a nice trip and understood. In the meanwhile have fun and I'll see if we can get the other Rp moving again while this one is in the starting out mode. (:

Alright, I just need to find a description for them and I'll see to it. Kinda have some of it in mind, just some clearing up and adding to it. But true, no rush.

Oh? Ok. Sounds like a nice trip and understood. In the meanwhile have fun and I'll see if we can get the other Rp moving again while this one is in the starting out mode. (:

Ya can do it friendo.

Sounds like a plan friendo. I hope we don't stay all night. That would suck so bad. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back