• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Left To Rot (closed!)

TheSpeck

Cognitohazard
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
You are alone. Abandoned. Left to whither away on the space station that took so much effort to get to. You sacrificed so much to get here. Your friends... Family... Everything you knew and were comfortable with. And yet, the people who sent you to the shuttle wouldn't even bother to send a rescue team. When you get back to Earth, you are going to kill them.

Far in the future after spaceships capable of high speed flight were invented, a planet far from Earth was discovered, a planet that was capable of supporting life. And, of course, this drew a lot of attention. The first to do something was a company similar to NASA, named BTNASA (Better Than NASA, yes Im terrible at naming things, I'm so sorry) . They sent out a team to scout out the planet, and the mission was successful. The results were back... The planet indeed had life on it (no known organisms other than foliage), and had an oxygen rich atmosphere, though there was also another unknown natural gas that caused a deadly response in the human respiratory system. A specialized face mask was created to protect the next astronauts that dared to step foot on the planet. Everything went as planned, the team successfully started research, and everyone was happy... Well, that's what was said to have happened, but it wasn't the truth...

BTNASA had messed up, and they hid their mistake with money and lies. The crew they sent had gone missing, and was nowhere to be found. The station the original crew was living on was still there, empty and drifting in space in wait for new arrivals. And new arrivals it would get. BTNASA formed a specialized team, a team composed of doctors, nurses, mercenaries, engineers, and scientists to fly out and find the missing crew. The plan was that the new team would find the old one, send the old team home, and the new team would stay and continue their research until another team came to take their place. This didn't go as planned...

Hello, and welcome to Left To Rot, a fun little craving I've been having. This RP is based off the rescue team that was sent to find the old team. If you join, this will be a fun, actioned packed, interactive, mystery filled alien adventure! I can't remember the name of the movie (it honestly might be one of the Alien movies), but I recently remembered an action packed thriller about a new planet and aliens and stuff. Then I got excited and now I really want to do a space/alien rp. I have a great bit of plot set up to get the story going, and I'd love if anyone who joins also adds whatever story they'd like to see!

I'm looking for at least 5 people (or characters) for this RP, each filling one of these roles:

Medic(s): Kalopsia, Virani
Mercenary: Zahzi, TheSpeck (me)
Scientist(s): Major_Goofball, WantYourSoul
Engineer(s): Knight boi, Welian
Captain: Zahzi

If you wish to fill a role that already has one character filling it, consider making a second character to fill an empty role!

I'm looking for semi-lit/lit multiparagraph writers (multiparagraph as in 2-5 paragraphs per post, I would appreciate it if you tried not to write too much more than 5 paragraphs per post, it can be hard to keep up.) I won't be too picky, I just want your writing to be emersive enough that everyone can enjoy it.

I write third person past tense. You do not have to write that way if you really don't want to.

If this thread gets attention I will make a CS thread. I have some lore to tell you too! (If anyone would like to help me name things I'd appreciate it, that's the one thing I'm terrible at when story building.)

Lore:

CS:

OOC:

Last edited:
๐Ÿ‘€

Go on. I've got a scavenger type character I could easily mold into either an engineer or merc.

Sounds like an interesting premise, was there any more information to go off of, or just a cavalcade of fuckery to give the crew PTSD out the gate for extra shenanegins? XD

I miiiiight snag a Merc position.

There's not much more information about plot that I will be telling anyone yet (unless asked), but I will be giving some information about the shuttle and space suits so everyone will know what's up xD all the characters are going to be scarred for life ;/ I'd love to get a few more people but if we can't are one of you willing to play 2 characters? If so then we would have just enough people to be able to continue this RP (Of course this would be a last resort, which means I'll be waiting up to a week before trying that.)

Man, I've been in Rps where I had to take control of SEVEN at once. Two is easy. I could probably play the haggered Captain trying to keep everyone from killing each other if need be.

Great, I appreciate it! I'll be willing to have more then one character also (I might have more than one just for giggles) so if two of us had two characters and (assuming that Welian wouldn't want two) one other, we would have exactly the amount of crew needed for the mission! I'll start creating all the maps and any other crap I can think of for y'all!

Let's wait another day to see if anyone else is interested before we go hog-wild with characters!

Otherwise I will go hog-wild with characters, and perhaps play a Baymax-esque robot nurse that does not understand the concept of "pain tolerance".

Interested in a engineer character! And by alien do you mean like, the movie,โ€™Alienโ€™? Either way Iโ€™ll be interested, and for face claims what do you prefer actual realistic or animation?

This RP is not based on the Alien franchise but it did sort of inspire me to make this thread! And I'm fine with literally anything in terms of face claims. You can have a drawing, a faceclaim, or a detailed description as long as it gives you an idea of what they look like! I'm happy to have you!

This RP is not based on the Alien franchise but it did sort of inspire me to make this thread! And I'm fine with literally anything in terms of face claims. You can have a drawing, a faceclaim, or a detailed description as long as it gives you an idea of what they look like! I'm happy to have you!
Thanks for the clearing up about that, though there are scary monsters or is it just basically survival on a planet?

Oooh, this looks really cool! I'd be interested in playing a medic or scientist-- I also don't mind playing multiple characters if you end up needing some extra spots filled~

Thank you so much, and I'm really happy to have you! I will probably post the lore thread tomorrow (it won't be much, just some stuff I want to explain), and the CS thread! I'm really happy people are interested :D

hey there! you have any room for a nurse character?

alright, I threw together some lore. It's only the basics of what you need!

I missed a bunch of alerts, I must have RPN open on another computer!

Honestly I'm struggling, I'm the one who made this thread and I can't figure out if I want to make my character a scientist, engineer, or nurse xD I'm probably gonna wait until a few more of you make a CS then decide based on the least chosen role. I will be updating the roles open section as you post character sheets, so if you need to know if a role is open check the main thread.

Honestly I'm struggling, I'm the one who made this thread and I can't figure out if I want to make my character a scientist, engineer, or nurse xD I'm probably gonna wait until a few more of you make a CS then decide based on the least chosen role
i feel ya. at first i couldnโ€™t decide whether or not i wanted my OC to be a medic or biologist, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back