• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Le Cirque Arcanes [a dark circus rp] | [open]

Nope, the Fool and Justice's traits are more so what they're actively doing at the moment. One is running away from something, and the other is trying to solve the disappearance and bring back the kid and restore the balance.

Depending on how the story goes, that could eventually change...hehehe.

Thanks for checking though!

Also for all new folks and, SilverDingo SilverDingo , Miaow Miaow , Lavenderdrops Lavenderdrops , housegoat13 housegoat13 monkeydoll555 monkeydoll555 SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles stareintotheabyss stareintotheabyss and thehighpriestess thehighpriestess who have expressed interest, I've opened up three new tentative roles because of the interest I'm getting. I wasn't expecting so many people, and should someone else snag a roll you wanted there is opportunity for others to join for sure!

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. I'll be checking CS's Sunday evening, to see how everyone is progressing as well as having a Discord for chit chat by then. Feel free to continue to PM me if you have any questions.

For now, I'll be passed out xD.

For the unique gift, what are you looking for in terms of how strong it should be? I assume it's a power, right? Or did I misread something

Last edited:
For the unique gift, what are you looking for in terms of how strong it should be? I assume it's a power, right? Or did I misread something
I'm giving some creative freedom, but it can be anything physical or mental that they had or were exceptionally good at before they came into the troupe.

Example: Someone who was already strong once they've been given that immortality would have it increased to the point of it being incredibly impressive and non human like.

Mentally, it could be someone who was nonverbal before entering the troupe and would continue to be, but find they now had the ability to transfer their thoughts into someone's head. It should just be a connection for why they might be an outcast if society and the perfect sort of individual for her to have targeted.

As for as how powerful, if it's anything I think might be too much I'd message you.

Hopefully the examples help!

I may have an odd question,
So if someone was physically ill when they were made immortal by Lenora, would they be 'healed' or would their symptoms remain for eternity?

Yup! They're more so frozen in time, so those ailments would still cause them some grief. Kind of a raw deal, huh?

But! I would say they could still garner some sort of power around it. If it's a physical affliction, they could have a more mental based power/talent. Vice versa.

I finished everything for Callum besides his likes, but I'll be gone most of today and tomorrow but I'll try my best. <3

if theres still space for this or a new role im interested, , ,
No one has applied for the Sun yet. Also to specify, the Sun and the Moon are siblings but they're welcome to be blood related or adopted.

You're welcome to apply for any of the roles, but several people are going for the Fool, Justice and the Hermit just so you know! ☺️

Last day for CS applications to be done will be Sunday, please message me if you have any questions. That will also be when I make a Discord for those who wish to join it.

This looks like a ton of fun! I may or may not throw my hat in the ring for, mm, someone. Either way, I'll definitely be watching as this progresses!

After seeing so much interest, do you think you'll be opening any more roles for other members of the major arcana? (If so, I'll be honest- I'll probably hold out for the wheel of fortune.)

And, can one player submit multiple applications at once? Namely, could I submit two right now in hopes that one of them gets picked? (Regardless of the answer, I very well might not end up doing such a thing- but I'm a little torn about who I'd want to apply for at the moment!)

Either way, super excited to see the future of this! <3

If there's still space could I apply for sun or the tower? I find the whole premise of this so interesting! Also if sun is available would it be okay if they're generally a younger character, like early teens?

Last edited:
ghostlynarcissus ghostlynarcissus how should I handle the backstory for my character? Would Sun and Moon need to have similar backstories?
I would say you can actually wait on the personal background and relationships until characters are decided. Then you can reach out with whoever gets the role and work it out together.
Thank you! And you're more than welcome to apply! I'm closing CS acceptance by Sunday night, 11:59 pm PST. Feel free to reach out with questions.

upscalerat upscalerat sorry! I didn't scroll up far enough to see yours at first haha. For the moment I wanna see how Sunday goes, but if they do get finished and filled I would consider adding more. 🥰

While I suck at divbox, I tried to make my sheet as interesting as possible.

The Interface Screw of the newspaper and Psychological Profile are a reference to my favorite tabletop game campaign of all time, Delta Green's Impossible Landscapes.
The FBI background was a reference to Saga Anderson from Alan Wake II and Dale Cooper from Twin Peaks.
The Total Eclipse of the Heart lyrics are a reference to Monument Mythos.

Would it be okay if we use simple text rather than divbox? I'm still new to this site so I'm not sure how to do those things yet 🥲

Would it be okay if we use simple text rather than divbox? I'm still new to this site so I'm not sure how to do those things yet 🥲
I dont believe using code is a requirement, it's just something some of us do ^^ I think so long as you have the information required you'll be fine. Though I wouldn't mind editing a cs code for you if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back