• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern (Koicomi) Cinderella Man

Shoya

Burn My Dread

1668480264893.png
Cast:

Shoya Shoya as Sami Ishioka
Trystan1295 Trystan1295 Shirou Nakamura
Ehb Ehb as The Almighty GM

Character Sheets can be found by clicking here.
Check out the Hub Thread and links to other KoiComi 1x1's by clicking here or on the big banner at the top of this post.

Backstory/Synopsis:

Things could not get any worse for the Gender Relations Club's resident Otaku Delinquent and KFC Enthusiast, Shirou Nakamura. A harsh rejection from the girl he'd been trying to impress and the stifling influence from his strict parents have rendered his chances of attending the Club's American-Style Dance next to zero. However, just as he's begun resigning himself to his unjust fate, his thrill-seeking Fairy God-Senpai Sami Ishioka asks him out and offers to sweep him off from under his parents' noses in her magical ramen-freshened scooter! Shirou's magical Dancing Star Night is cut short when the clock strikes midnight and his past catches up to him. How is our Cinderella Man supposed to earn his Happily Ever After now?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sami Ishioka
Fg2ZIrlVEAA1DhC
Sami found herself strolling in a circle around the school bus, almost like a shark surrounding it's prey. "It's possible that he just left too fast for me, out a side I wasn't on... nah, I've been going at a moderate speed. The only way I wouldn't somehow see him would be, well..." she didn't like the thought of it, but the thought of him already knowing her intentions and taking steps to avoid her had already crawled into her brain. She begins to cruise around even faster. As she is doing this, she can't help but get lost in her head, if not at least for a brief moment. Why was she trying so hard? Why was she so intent on him specifically. Truthfully, all Sami wants is to attend the dance. It was something that had piqued her interest, after having watched as many American teen flicks and shows as she has. She was almost hopeful that the magic these dances seemed to have would carry over into their version in their little town. Still, if she really wanted to go she could have really asked anyone. She knew why she specifically wanted him, but it was a discussion that she wasn't ready to have with herself yet. After all, this could be a giant fluke that ends with her being rejected and being on the wrong side of the movies she's seen. The reality that she could just be a side or background character in the much more important and interesting life of someone else had occured to her. Though she herself considers her life this last year or so to have been pretty interesting, for both good and bad. Like at the sports festival, when she accidentally beat everyone in that race. Thankfully, she's reached a point where she can look back and find a molecule of humor in it. She remembered that night in her home vividly, even being able to recall her thoughts that night. She had been thinking about how she probably wouldn't have beaten everyone if the person who was actually meant to be racing had been there. The boy who was supposed to be racing had gotten an injury in some other competition, but still participated in the calvalry. She still remembers looking from behind her table, cups full of water. Despite his injury, he was still pretty fast. Sami knew that if he hadn't gotten injured she probably wouldn't have done her "speedy Sami" feat, and if she didn't know better would have blamed him for it. However, the past is in the past. Suddenly, it had occured to her that on that night, she had thought about Shirou Nakamura for the first time. Back then, she didn't really care or even know about the guy at the time. After the day of the sports festival, she even knew him as "the guy that got hurt" for a while before they could be properly introduced. It wasn't until he had started to be vocal about said injuries and talking against the politician that was trying to get them closed in the first semester that she started to recognize him by name. At the time, she was rather thankful for what he had done. She had made up her own little schemes to try to rally the school, but it was something that he managed to do with only his voice, no eggs needed. She was almost jealous of how he could do something like that.

Her thoughts are cut short when the ground beneath her stops rolling, sending her for a brief tumble into the concrete. She had been so lost in thought that she didn't see the curb that she was strolling directly towards. She gets up and does a quick scan of her surroundings to make sure nobody saw her fall, sighing when she made sure nobody had seen. She was ready to give up. "Maybe dances aren't meant for me..." she mumbles, before stepping onto her board again. Wait a minute, this whole time she had been doing circles around the school! She almost intentionally jumped off her board to punish her stupidity. She should at least check the gym once before leaving, it made perfect sense for him to be there as well, since he liked basketball. She strolls up and almost immediately sees him. Her eyes widen in shock. Not at the sight of him, but at how easy it was to find him. Or at least that's what she thinks to herself. "Oh, hey. Can I talk to for a minute?" almost as if sarcastically answering herself, she says "I mean, like in private? It's... club related." to her, it seemed like a good reason to want to speak, while technically not being a lie either. A way to get through the door, as she would put it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back