• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Kurotsuki

One body, many minds
KARMA is the name of an original world setting I created for multiple stories to take place in. The main one (or the first in a series if we ever get that far) is The True Consequences. I wrote the original story to highlight that small actions like bullying can have terrible consequences.

The True Consequences focuses on the life of a high school girl who's been bullied to near insanity. Here's the original description;

For the past six years, grades 5-10, Saki has been relentlessly bullied by her peers. The exact reason is unknown, but it's ensured that she never had many friends throughout all of junior high and high school. Her mother - a single parent struggling to raise two children after their father died in a car wreck - never pulled her out of school because they couldn't afford to homeschool.
Now, with her already destroyed reputation and deteriorating mental health, she begins the eleventh grade. The year starts off terribly, with her grades plummeting and everyone seemingly determined to make her life miserable. Of course, that in itself is just a delusion...

Sound fun? Great. Now let's take a quick look at our main character, protagonist/antagonist, the psychopath who makes this story possible, Saki Akare.

Saki has developed schizoaffective disorder - a mental illness that presents symptoms of schizophrenia, depression, anxiety, and BPD - as a result of all the bullying and stressful family situation. She has no friends. She is suicidal and self-harms. She has difficulty telling the difference between hallucinations and reality. Overall, her everyday life is an absolute living hell. AND to top it all off, she'll end up with a yandere-like obsession with one of the other characters! (Yandere high school stories. It sounds cliche, I know, but why not give it a chance?)

There's a few specific roles I'm looking for people to take, but you may also add new characters if you feel like they would fit into the story. Actually, I'd prefer if some of you doubled up or added ocs, because some of these characters are inevitably going to wind up dead.
What we need;

-A popular student (M or F) who's a huge jerk to everyone and may or may not get murdered later on
-The popular student's boyfriend/girlfriend, who is also Saki's crush (and may or may not like her as well)!
-At least one bully who specifically targets Saki

You can choose their name, appearance, personality, and EVERYTHING else about these characters except their role in the story. You can do anything you want with them. Whatever gender/sexuality you want your character to be is fine by me, but they should be around high school age (14-18), and preferably in the same grade as Saki (junior year).

Reply to this post if you're interested, please don't blow up my pms.

Of course, you're actually the first person to respond, so take whatever role you want! xD
I'll start the rp once more people join but I dunno it'll probably be a while.

Hiya, this sounds interesting. I'd love to try out being the bitchy popular student if you'll have me.

Hiya, this sounds interesting. I'd love to try out being the bitchy popular student if you'll have me.
Of course, just be prepared for a ton of drama lol
I'll post a link here to a character thread soon so people can start working on their characters

Got mine out too, ended up writing a lot aha, hope it’s ok.
Looks great, you've clearly put a lot more thought into this than I have lol

We still need one more person before I'll begin the story, but as soon as we have a fourth partner we can start.

Looks great, you've clearly put a lot more thought into this than I have lol

We still need one more person before I'll begin the story, but as soon as we have a fourth partner we can start.

Aha, thank you. Haven't written in a while so I kinda got excited and ended up spending a lot of time on it.

Would you guys prefer to wait for a fourth person to join or just have me fill the last role needed (school bully)? I'm used to playing more than one character so it'd be no problem. We can start the rp sooner if I just take two characters and be done with it xD

I’m eager to get started. I can also double if you want. Maybe we could have 5 characters, not 4, and we can both fill the bully role? Only if you’re cool with that of course

Yeah I'm pretty ready to go too, if it's no problem for either of you to double then I'm with you.

I’m eager to get started. I can also double if you want. Maybe we could have 5 characters, not 4, and we can both fill the bully role? Only if you’re cool with that of course
Alright, I'll get to work on another character. Of course you can go ahead and add another character if you want to

Anybody wanna add a character who would actually NOT hate Saki? xD Poor girl has no friends and nobody to stand up for her, but realistically there would be some kind-hearted soul who would try to help out. Not gonna be a character of mine, and not required, but it'd be a good thing to add.

Alright, we have all the required roles filled and a good cast of characters with everyone doubling up on the roles. I'll create a thread for the rp and start us off here shortly! For convenience we'll assume all of our characters at least have the same homeroom class, unless you specifically want to move one of your characters to a different class.

(Another thing I think would be worth adding; for activities separated by gender, such as gym class/locker rooms, any NB character can choose whether they want to join the boys or girls. Equality yay)

(Another thing I think would be worth adding; for activities separated by gender, such as gym class/locker rooms, any NB character can choose whether they want to join the boys or girls. Equality yay)
Haruki will most likely be with the boys. I hadn’t 100% decided before but since there’s only one male character combined with 3 other females I figured I’d make it a bit more even

Users who are viewing this thread

Back