• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Colosseum [ Kaiju War Chronicles :|: OC Kaiju/Mecha Battle Arena :|: (OCC & FAQ) ]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Of course - I totally agree with that! If I make that Plot-driven portion I will DEFINITELY feature more of those elements for sure.
Sobek's creator I think would enjoy that sobek has a cult, using donations from that cult to fund his research into improving Sobek

I think you mean 54'ed
Nope. Godzilla 1998 was an iguana that got nuked and turned into Zilla. I was referring to the movie where that event was a major plot point, not the date of the specific event

Nope. Godzilla 1998 was an iguana that got nuked and turned into Zilla. I was referring to the movie where that event was a major plot point, not the date of the specific event

Oh.

Wait, Megastodon was a unique species of Mastodon though. It's body is unchanged save for the back spikes and missing hair..... how is that similar to 98?

My point is what you described in Megastodon's bio is that it was in hibernation, and then nuclear testing brought it to it's massive size and mutated stature.

All these Fire kaiju in fiction, yet there are not many ice based ones.

When I made my initial concept Idea, I thought why not go different from what we normally see in kaiju film? Megastodon is the result. If I had time and money and a film studio to make it, I'd ask for it to be a movie.

I just got asked to design a kaiju at some point and I put the lowest effort possible into making a Floridian monster. She did initially get 98'ed into existence and was made to be a kind of rival to Godzilla that would be just as bad as the MUTOs if she won. Then I went to retrieve her info and realized how lackluster she was and tossed a fresh coat of paint on her.

So I should get the RP thread up and going sometime this week now that most of the kaiju profiles are up. I'd still like for any of you guys to recruit others that you think will enjoy and participate this RP, but we can still do with what we already have. (And to those new players reading this portion, I welcome you to join!)

Like I recommended earlier, we'll also need to discuss who is fighting whom and where you guys will have your fight.

I currently have 2 main kaiju players on the deck, with 2 more on the way (1 being an OC of my design, and 1 being a... "mech" so to speak). Any location can do, so as long as they don't interfere with other parallel fights (unless everyone agrees to such a fight).

I recommend first going 1 v 1 with other players for the first match as an "introduction" to your character's abilities, and afterwards you can have 3 - 4 player fights if all parties agree. If any player is left without an available player for the moment, they can either wait for a fight to finish or I can set you up with one of my own kaiju, or NPC scenario (ie: against several "lesser" kaiju/mecha, military, etc).

I am also playing around with the ideas of points, where you can gain points per match to add or upgrade your abilities before the next match. Maybe something like: 2 points for the winner, and only 1 point for the loser. Let me know what you guys think of this idea.

Well, I guess that leaves Sobek and either Abbadon or Jaira. Can't think of a reason Sobek would end up fighting with Jaira, cuz even if Sobek was in the driver's seat I get the vibe Jaira would try to communicate when Sobek starts acting crazy and that would pretty much end the fight immediately, and Sobek's driver would only be interested in communicating far enough to find out who/if Jaira was created by, and quickly lose interest afterward.

And I'll be honest Abbadon scares the hell out of me.

Side note, are we allowed multiple characters? I just had another idea and I don't want to retire Sobek before her first fight

Well, I guess that leaves Sobek and either Abbadon or Jaira. Can't think of a reason Sobek would end up fighting with Jaira, cuz even if Sobek was in the driver's seat I get the vibe Jaira would try to communicate when Sobek starts acting crazy and that would pretty much end the fight immediately, and Sobek's driver would only be interested in communicating far enough to find out who/if Jaira was created by, and quickly lose interest afterward.

And I'll be honest Abbadon scares the hell out of me.

Side note, are we allowed multiple characters? I just had another idea and I don't want to retire Sobek before her first fight

I'm going to make 2 other fighters that should be MUCH more approachable in a fight compared to Jaira and Abaddon. I just made these guys because I've been meaning to want to play something about them for awhile - as well as ideas leftover from a failed attempt at this RP in another forum. I'll at least have the basics up for the two by tonight or tomorrow.

I mean... I don't think ANYONE blames you lol - he's pretty much Satan in a nutshell

Absolutely! In fact it is encouraged! Make as many as you want and can handle

Hahli Nuva Hahli Nuva - Just took a look at your profile. Norse mythos but with a magical/mecha twist! I'm liking Freya already~

Just to remind you, in case you didn't see the top post on the CS thread - I would like if you post the character sheet here FIRST so I can review it - and once accepted then you can post it in the CS. It's just how I roll as a means for quality control.

Only thing that concerns me is the "strength" and "unbreakable" factor regarding the blades. I get they are supposed to be energy blades with physical matter, but for balance sake there should at least be some limits. (Ie: Can't cut through "Very thick armor" or "shielding") or something to make it a bit more balanced. That in return also makes more of an incentive to use the "replacement" blades - but perhaps make them a bit weaker compared to the main "specialized" blades.

Other then that, unless there's something I've overlooked, I feel she's good. Just change what I mentioned and she's ready for combat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back