• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Colosseum [ Kaiju War Chronicles :|: OC Kaiju/Mecha Battle Arena :|: (OCC & FAQ) ]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Develius

"Kaiju Enthusiast"

Join our discord!

kwc_banner_default_by_kaijux_ddxpm2u-fullview.jpg

(Banner Art is by: KaijuX on dA)

KAIJU WAR CHRONICLES(Inspired by the Tohokingdom site of the same name "here" )

Hey you! Do you like kaiju? What about Mecha? And do you wish there was a RP that can fulfill your kaiju battling desires and test your OC creations with other combatants? Then wish no more! Partake in epic battles of colossal proportions in “Kaiju War Chronicles” to see who will come on top as the true “King/Queen of the Monsters”!

Premise is straight-forward: Create and control your custom kaiju or mecha OC and fight against each other in a collaborative arena-based match up! There’s no overarching plot other than the ones you forge yourself!

Now for some ground rules:

1). Despite what is shown on the banner, the kaiju and mecha you’ll bring to the table have to be completely original. They cannot be established characters seen in any form of media - movies, TV-Series, literature, video games, etc - or “direct clones” of said characters (IE: No “Godzilla” clones). That being said, they can be inspired by them or be something like “homages” so long as you keep the ideas for these characters fresh and different enough. (Mythological creatures are allowed so as long as you keep them fresh).
  • 1a). You are more than encouraged to create art for your kaiju/mecha creations, but simply finding cool art as material for your fighter is also 100% accepted. Just follow rule #1 and you’ll be fine.

2). Plot is not the dominating factor in this particular RP (is subject to change). If anything this is more of a way to flex your writing skills and have fun through kaiju combat. I will not assign any overarching or secret plots, however if you want to have some kind of continuity or “fighting” plot with other fighters, then feel free to discuss it amongst yourselves and I. (If things kick off and lean more towards plot-heavy elements, I may create a separate “plot-driven” RP or simply remove this rule from the list).

3). I highly encourage posts to be at minimum 1 - 2 paragraphs. Try not to simply make one simple sentence and call it a post - make it engaging and detailed!

4). 1v1 fights are standard, however more players and fighters can join both prior and during the battle provided everyone involved in the battle is fine with it. Do not invade other players’ battles without their permission first.

5). In every battle, your fighter has a chance to be slain in battle (at your discretion). This, of course, can be arranged with your partner if you both decide who should die - whether it be they want to retire it, announce that they are leaving the RP, or if they think it’s fitting that it should die in that conflict. Of course, being that this is (currently) a truly battle-based RP, this character can be revived for the next fight, whether it's acknowledged as a form of “continuity” or not. (If plot becomes more of a thing, this rule will also be modified to fit that portion)
  • 5a). If your opponent becomes inactive during a battle for an extended period of time, and has not notified you or the GM about their situation, then you have the option to either leave the battlefield through a fair excuse, or be able to defeat the kaiju in your own way (with GM permission). If you chose the latter option, do NOT kill the fighter - rather have it retreat so that it can be picked up again by the player if he/she decides to return.

6). Obligatory and standard RP rules - no metagaming, godmodding, mary-sues, etc. Every fighter has a weakness, no exceptions. Failure to comply with these rules repeatedly will have you banned from combat.

7). And as always, have fun!

If you have any questions, requests, or comments, feel free to ask me for details.

Also I highly recommend to take a look at the original Kaiju War Chronicles page and read on some of the glorious fan matchups! Most of the stories there are pretty good! They might even help you become inspired when writing or just in general to get the feel of battle.

Below are the sheets if you'll like to start making your character now (before the RP can begin):

• [image]

Name: (Self explanatory; Also add in nicknames/titles if your character has any)

Appearance: (Describe what your kaiju looks in words. Mention anything that is not seen in the picture, such as additional constructs, armor, etc)

Size: (Both meters and feet are permitted; include height, length, and weight)

Alignment: (Refer to the alignment chart: IE: Chaotic Evil, Lawful Good, true neutral, etc)

Personality: (How does your kaiju act?)

Biography: (Where and how did your kaiju originate? Any length is perfectly acceptable).

Powers/Abilities: (List your fighter’s powers and abilities, even extra forms if it has any)

Weakness: (Every fighter must have a potentially exploitable weakness)

Wins: (List your wins and losses here after every battle; Otherwise keep blank)
    Losses: (And here)
    Draws: (Also here)

Parameters: (see sheet)

Misc: (Add any other additional info to your kaiju, including trivia and theme songs!)

This is the official OCC for "Kaiju War Chronicles" - discuss with fellow fighters about the fights, interests, and also to make your presence known!​

Last edited:
Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer , @Crenando

I'll mention you guys too - seem like the kind of guys who like kaiju too. Please let me know if you're interested (or still interested) in joining too, alongside anyone else too!

Last edited:
Btw, will just like to ask everyone:

Once you get your characters up and accepted, we'll all need to discuss where we will all be fighting at and who we are sending:

So for example: Develius Develius Abaddon vs Selee-01 Selee-01 Cerviel in downtown Tokyo, Japan or something.

In addition, I can also create little "mini-scenarios" that may or may not count towards your wins/loses, like maybe fighting a bunch of kaiju or Mech NPCs or something. These can be good if, say, everyone's fighters are in combat and are unavailable for the moment. Maybe down the line we can have "Boss" events where multiple heroes must team up to defeat a "big bad" mech/kaiju.

These are just a few ideas. If you all have anything you'd like to request for the RP then feel free to let me know!

I'm liking the Final Wars vibe that gives. Maybe some kind of alien has found a way to take control over most of the kaiju/mechas and they need the ones with the highest win streaks and best ability to resist to go kick the collective asses of everyone else and then beat up whatever the aliens made for the purpose of dominating the earth once they got all the monsters under their control

I'm liking the Final Wars vibe that gives. Maybe some kind of alien has found a way to take control over most of the kaiju/mechas and they need the ones with the highest win streaks and best ability to resist to go kick the collective asses of everyone else and then beat up whatever the aliens made for the purpose of dominating the earth once they got all the monsters under their control

I feel this could potentially be used in a future "KWC Plot-driven RP" if it ever gets off the ground, but I'll definitely keep some of those ideas in mind. Aliens are definitely on the table in terms of origins and "event" matches once we get to them.

I know this form of the RP isn't supposed to be plot heavy, but I wonder if there's cults out there that worship the kaiju as gods. Kinda like how one of Godzilla's moniker's is the God of Destruction, maybe these people view the kaiju as actual gods on earth. Maybe these cults view the mechas as pathetic imitations of gods made by humans, and take the defeat of a "true god" by a mecha as a sign that their god is weakened.

Maybe there's people that actively follow the kaiju to try and (unsuccessfully because Duh, they're not the military) help them in their battles. I could see Abbadon having a cult behind him as the uncaring god of death and destruction, or even a few splinters of the Dahkma of Angra Mainyu (The splinters that actually worship Satan) seeing Abbadon as a physical incarnation of Satan.

I know this form of the RP isn't supposed to be plot heavy, but I wonder if there's cults out there that worship the kaiju as gods. Kinda like how one of Godzilla's moniker's is the God of Destruction, maybe these people view the kaiju as actual gods on earth. Maybe these cults view the mechas as pathetic imitations of gods made by humans, and take the defeat of a "true god" by a mecha as a sign that their god is weakened.

Maybe there's people that actively follow the kaiju to try and (unsuccessfully because Duh, they're not the military) help them in their battles. I could see Abbadon having a cult behind him as the uncaring god of death and destruction, or even a few splinters of the Dahkma of Angra Mainyu (The splinters that actually worship Satan) seeing Abbadon as a physical incarnation of Satan.

Plot is optional overall - I just won't be providing plot material for the time being. Now of course this could change depending on how things go, but if I want to dive more into that I will most likely make a separate RP that focuses on that aspect. Overall this RP is just for you to flex your writing skills and thirst for battle, with some light continuity with other fighters perhaps.

But Kaiju "Kultists" could be interesting to explore in the background - and indeed, Satanism would run RAMPANT with Abaddon's return. But yeah, overall, nothing is stopping you from diving more into the human portion as a side thing.

The culture of a world where these monsters exist is definitely interesting, especially if it's the kind of world where these creatures have just existed since forever ago.

I mean in this situation most of the kaiju are a relatively recent occurence but still they'd drastically affect human culture by just existing.

The culture of a world where these monsters exist is definitely interesting, especially if it's the kind of world where these creatures have just existed since forever ago.

I mean in this situation most of the kaiju are a relatively recent occurence but still they'd drastically affect human culture by just existing.
Funny thing is, my Kaiju technically originated from the Ice Age.

Technically yeah, but reading his bio he only achieved Kaiju-ness by getting 98'ed, so even still he is a very recent occurence

Of course - I totally agree with that! If I make that Plot-driven portion I will DEFINITELY feature more of those elements for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back